Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Casanova - it owns you.

Evil twins. Spies. Parallel timelines. Silent funerals. Space mickeys. Mindscape mano a mano. Daughter droids. Rampaging clones.

Discuss.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

Ya know...I generally enjoy a smart read...but old age must be getting to me. Can anyone explain how this book tied together at the end...because I totally missed it.

Default ...better yet

Might I lay out the sources of my confusion...and someone wiser than myself explain?

Spoilers follow:

Ok.

So Cass starts out on a job for Fabula, but gets stopped by E.M.P.I.R.E. His dad wants him back home because his sister is dead. His sister was killed investigating a breech in the continuum...by his sister from another timeline...who is working for Newman Xeno. Cass is recruited by Newman Xeno against his will. Cass gets a second chance on the job he started with...courtesy of hopping into yet another timeline. This time around...Cass is apparently working for E.M.P.I.R.E. and is stopped by Fabula. Cass expects this and makes short work of Fabula. Cass is working for E.M.P.I.R.E. because Newman Xeno wants to infiltrate the organization.

In a nutshell, Cass likes stealing stuff...regardless of who is works for or what timeline/dimension he works within.

Is that it? Did I miss something else? It feels like I missed something else.

That sounds about right...but I'm not completely sure myself. I definitely felt as though I had missed out on some plot point towards the end. I did, however, like the book and will pick up the next issue.

Call me crazy....but was it implyed that Cass sleep with his alternate universe evil sister?

Or did I read to much into that scene?

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer
    Call me crazy....but was it implyed that Cass sleep with his alternate universe evil sister?

Or did I read to much into that scene?
    It was certainly implied. The idea is that she was the complete opposite of his real sister, so..

Anyway, the only thing that I think you're missing cowboyfunk is that the alternate Zephyr posed as Cass' sister for her funeral so that she could slip the device into him that he later used to travel to the alternate reality.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

Thanks guys. And though it was bit confusing, I definitely enjoyed the issue...looking forward to number two.

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

Yah, this book took me a long time to get though. I usually do my comic book reading before because because i generally don't have to think too much. So I tried three times to get though this, and I finally did. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I sure as heck will pick up a couple of more issues. Bá's artwork is great!!!

Default Time line

I think Fraction is a smart guy and knows that doing any sort of time jump story will have huge holes eventually. His writing seems to dismiss that and just go for the jugular. It is a really great book. I think we need more Fell's and Casanova's and all other in between.

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

Incase anyone reading this thread are not reading the book, I'd like to point out that both issues #2 and #3 have been fantastic! The first issue established the premise of the series, and with the dementional travel it was a bit confusing. But once its established, you can just enjoy the ride during the following issues. Highly recommended.

#2 was good, but I didn't think it lived up to the sheer jaw of #1. #3, on the other hand, blew me away.
    His writing seems to dismiss that and just go for the jugular.
    I think that's a perfect description.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

tschuss

If I try to think about the plot too much, it makes my fragile little brain hurt. If, however, I just accept the fact that this comic is a giant mish-mash of wild ideas being hurled at me by a varing daring and forward-thinking creative team, I'm inclined to enjoy the series a lot more.

It's a comic that presents new ideas (or traditional concepts spun in a new direction) that doesn't read like anything else on the rack and has the bold audacity to revel in its own weirdness. What the hell else can you ask for?

BANNED

a beer with every issue.;)

tschuss

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman
    a beer with every issue.;)
    It's only 1.99 per issue. Take the two dollars you're saving and buy a beer. :D

BANNED

Well, you did say: "what the hell else could you ask for?"

I don't drink, so I don't care, but I could ask for many things. An issue of Casanova for 1.99 is good enough for me!