Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I think Starman would make a good TV series, if you had it on a more mature network. Maybe HBO. Get Christopher Lee to play the Shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Kirk
    It seems they're going to recast.
    Poor Charlie Brown. Blockheads always finish last.
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.

Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

Anyone who's actually read Aquaman comics knows what an awesome show this has the potential to be.

Al Gough, apparently, isn't one of them.

The TV version of DC Comics’ King of the Seven Seas “won’t be talking to fish or riding seahorses,” according to “Smallville” writer producer Al Gough, who is involved in a new WB Aquaman pilot that that no one will be calling “Aquaman.”
    What makes Aquaman unique among super heroes? He rules an undersea kingdom and can command undersea life. Great, let's ditch those two concepts for the TV show.

I rarely hope for things to fail, but this is one of those things.

SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

Aquaman?! Of all the DC heroes out there the WB gives Aquaman his own show? motherf***ing Aquaman!?!?!?! Good luck in making that show good.

What makes Aquaman unique among super heroes? He rules an undersea kingdom and can command undersea life. Great, let's ditch those two concepts for the TV show.

I rarely hope for things to fail, but this is one of those things.
    Like Smallville and Roswell, Charmed, and all WB Scifi and Fantasy shows, he won't be going on amazing adventures so much as falling in love with people, having sex with them, and angsting about it afterwards.

"Oh woe is me! I slept with Cindi but I am an hunky Atlantean and she is a smouldering human lifeguard! And now she's cheating on me with Trevor! AND THE DANCE IS TOMORROW! Woes!" *splashes around in water erotically*

To further illustrate, it should be something quite like this, only with Aquaman instead of Lucasfilm characters:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20050427l.jpg

EX:

"Garth was killed in a seahorse accident!"

"No! I'm carrying his Atlantean spawn!"

One thing bothers me: They aren't even offering the lead to the guy who made the series possible, by doing a great job in the part on Smallville! What a daft idea!

Civilly disobeying the law of gravity.

I don't know...could work. Seems like this could be Smallville II only with Atlantean aspects replacing the Kryptonean aspects. Atlan could be Arthur's Jor-El, trying to force him to accept his destiny and heritage...Black Manta or Orm (Oceanmaster) could be his Lex Luthor...Tom Curry could be his Jonathan Kent.

Smallville is winding down, with maybe another year or two left in it. I betcha this will be a thinly veiled Smallville clone. I don't have a problem with that, though. This could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99
    Aquaman ?! Aquaman ?!?!?!?! Of all the superheroes to do , Aquaman ?!!

Q :What's your superpowers ?

A: Oh , i talked to fishes and can breath underwater.

Q: .......

Like Bruce Campbell would say in Sky High , SIDEKICK. ;)

Or maybe , it will be the 2005 version of "The man from Atlantis".

Aqua Man also has super strength. That "talk" is really telepathy, and he can move super fast, ni the water, or on land.

For starters.

:Smash!:

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster
    Aqua Man also has super strength. That "talk" is really telepathy, and he can move super fast, ni the water, or on land.

For starters.

:Smash!:
    Yeah , like i said , it's the 2005 version of "The man from Atlantis". It's been done before.

Marshal99, you sound curiously like "Cellmate" from the DC Boards! :rolleyes:

I liked what they did in the Smallville episode, and think it could be very interesting. I wouldn't mind the aquatic telepathy not being there - at first, but developing, a la Clark's multiple powers, as Arthur learns of his heritage - and destiny.

Civilly disobeying the law of gravity.

Default William Toale Is Aquaman

From Newsarama, the face of the WB's Aquaman:

According to both Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, actor William Toale has been cast in the title role of the WB’s upcoming Aquaman series. A relative unknown in regards to television and movies, Toale most recently has appeared in a supporting role in a Broadway revival of A Streetcar Named Desire.

Speaking to Variety about the Florida-born actor, executive producer Alfred Gough said: “"In the [three month] search for Aquaman, we saw over 400 people in England, Australia, Canada and several U.S. cities. We saw Will's tape over Christmas, and he was the only guy we took to the network."

The pilot will begin filming in Florida in March, with Miami eyed as the leading location candidate.

And yes, Gogh knows the uphill battle the character might have to face to get some love, again telling Variety: "We call him 'the much-maligned Aquaman,' but when we first pitched Smallville, Superman was considered cheesy. In the comic, Aquaman's the lost king of Atlantis, but in our version, he is Arthur Curry, this twentysomething who owns a dive shop."

Gough is co-executive producing the new series, expected to be one of the WB’s chief offerings of next season, with Miles Millar.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wayner

In the comic, Aquaman's the lost king of Atlantis, but in our version, he is Arthur Curry, this twentysomething who owns a dive shop."
    I can picture it now someone will tip him off about a coporation dumping chemicals so he will rush out of his shack-like store to fight evil! The coporation will be ran by the evil CEO Black Manta!

Quote Originally Posted by Wane
    I can picture it now someone will tip him off about a coporation dumping chemicals so he will rush out of his shack-like store to fight evil! The coporation will be ran by the evil CEO Black Manta!
    They'll probably make Black Manta a contemporary of Arthur's, assuming he appears. Then again, considering WB's (non)treatment of African American regular characters on its series (see Pete Ross), maybe having Manta appear isn't a good idea.

Mister Intensity

Long Live the JSA! ScottDMSimmons's Avatar

I couldn't help but Photoshop a costume on the image.

I know we'll probably never see him in uniform, but I thought it'd be fun to see. Click image below to see abit larger.

Possible Caption:

"Look, Mera! They have navel oranges!!! I mean, how do they get the smell and the lint off?"

--Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WillToale.gif  
    Last edited by ScottDMSimmons; 01-09-2006 at 12:25 PM.
    Please drop by my art website at http://www.scottdmsimmons.com

Available to do art commissions! E-mail me at scott.d.simmons@fuse.net

My ComicSpace site: http://www.comicspace.com/scottdmsimmons