Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalx
    We can only hope... I miss donna she was always one of my favorite DC characters. She should be on Teen Titans not starfire
    Donna returning seems to be the indication in Teen Titans. In fact, they just got back from a future (ten years) where there was evidence that Donna had returned. I'll be surprised if she's not back by this time next year. Also...
    spoilers:
    I have a feeling you're going to be happy with this month's Teen Titans issue. The promo says someone's leaving and last issue (in the future), Kory was told that her future was away from the Titans with Dick.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by GUTB
    Donna Troy's death was meanigful. Leave it be.

We have a new Wonder Girl and she's doing just fine. To be honest her character is better than Donna's.
    Donna got killed randomly by a robot superman how is that meaningful? I had some affect on Wonder girl and Diana for all of One issue very little development came out of it and the way the story ended left an opening for her return anyway.

I also have to disagree about Cassie being better than Donna but we both have our opinions

Ninjas wear feety PJs Karl J. Barnes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Necktie
    Donna returning seems to be the indication in Teen Titans. In fact, they just got back from a future (ten years) where there was evidence that Donna had returned. I'll be surprised if she's not back by this time next year. Also...
    spoilers:
    I have a feeling you're going to be happy with this month's Teen Titans issue. The promo says someone's leaving and last issue (in the future), Kory was told that her future was away from the Titans with Dick.
    end of spoilers
    *BAD POST!BAD!*

Ninjas wear feety PJs Karl J. Barnes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Necktie
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Which is sad, sincespoilers:
    I was hoping that Dick and Barbra would make a go of things.
    end of spoilers

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

Quote Originally Posted by priestvyrce
    Which is sad, sincespoilers:
    I was hoping that Dick and Barbra would make a go of things.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Me too. Hopefully this won't mean rekindling a romance. Especially with the Bat-trend toward old skool, Dick dating a 7-foot tall alien seems out of place.
    end of spoilers

I just bought the first Rucka trade. And my question is...how on earth can you people support this boring book? Also is this a comic book or a platform for the author to hawk his political views?
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

out chasing comets Kevin Street's Avatar

Opinions differ. I quite like the way Rucka has been writing Wonder Woman. And what makes you think that those are the political views of the author? They're the beliefs expressed by the character, but that doesn't mean the author believes in them as well. Good characters have (virtual) lives of their own, and are more than simple mouthpieces for the author.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Street
    . And what makes you think that those are the political views of the author? They're the beliefs expressed by the character, but that doesn't mean the author believes in them as well. Good characters have (virtual) lives of their own, and are more than simple mouthpieces for the author.

I meant the tone of the book as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia
    I meant the tone of the book as a whole.
    Clarify? I've followed the Rucka run and love it, personally. To each their own tastes but what in particular are you referring to as the tone you do not like?

I'm guessing the poster is saying that WW is coming across as preachy. (Please correct me if I'm wrong) I have to agree on that score. Granted, Diana is in Man's World to spread the love of her people, but if you focus too much on that aspect of her mission, you tend to bore a lot of people.

- Peter
    "Holy guacamole! This looks like a job for Wonder Pig!" - Ms. Piggy

Quote Originally Posted by artemisboy
    I'm guessing the poster is saying that WW is coming across as preachy. (Please correct me if I'm wrong) I have to agree on that score. Granted, Diana is in Man's World to spread the love of her people, but if you focus too much on that aspect of her mission, you tend to bore a lot of people.

- Peter
    No, I don't mean Diana's preachiness. I mean Rucka's "straw man" set up of the "right wingers" who are attacking her. When there was clearly nothing to attack her for. It was clearly a pot shot at conservatives, trying to portray them as ranting nuts throughout the book. Very unsubtle if you ask me.

I love Wonder Woman, and I love the mythological aspects of her backstory, and I understand that greek mythology is vital in her character's development, but I am getting tired of what seems to be a constant, relentless use of mythological foes and or villains for her.
    Now the Rags Morales arc will also have to do with Myth.

I wish Rucka got his hands on Dr.Cyber, I wish there was an arc in the book that was purely about a threat that had nothing to do with myths or monsters...
    and with a name like Dr Cyber, I imagine all kinds of stories about techno-terrorism, international intrigue, media conglomerates hellbent on controlling the minds of the world and such...
    Can we have a short moratorium on Gods and Monsters?

My main gripe with the comic is that with each writer comes a new group of "best friends", with little if any mention to all the other "best friends" Diana has had previously. To me Diana doesn't seem the type of person to casually dismiss people she once thought of as family. But each new writer never really keeps this in mind when they sign on. Instead they prefer to create their own "mark" on the comic by introducing new people for Diana to fawn over. If only she'd take a look behind her she'd notice a small village of people collecting dust in comic book limbo.

- Peter
    "Holy guacamole! This looks like a job for Wonder Pig!" - Ms. Piggy

Talking

Question:

In the Golden age WW's weakness was "The Law of Aphrodite" which meant she would lose her powers if she was tied up by a man. (Basically it was an excuse to put WW in bondages poses and such.) Does she still have that weakness today?

Also, what is the full extent of Dr. Psycho's powers?

Slightly off the current topic - How strong is a regular amazon? And is hippolyta any stronger than any of the other amazons without the gauntlet of atlas....