Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default tools I use to draw with..

No lie.. I use just about anything and everything to draw with.. but there are a few tools that I use more often that most..
    #1 thing that I can't live with out is just a plain ol bottle of ink... I draw alot with sumi ink... It dries with a bit of a different surface than india inks... Sumi has more of a hard shell finish... i think that it allows white inks to stand on top more , thus the white will stay brighter... I like to apply ink with all sorts of tools.. yes, I use brushs just like everyone else, but i love to use my fingers to draw with.. I'll put my finger right in the ink sometimes.. I can make a line with my fingernail and then roll my finger to the side and controll the line's thickness .. ( no kidding !) I'll also use all kinds of different cheap pens.. I draw for reproduction, so if i am drawing with many different types of black ink and they don't really match, I never mind..
    the #2 thing i need is a jar of PROwhite correction fluid/ paste/goop... I love that stuff... you can apply it just like ink except that it is thicker ( you can thin it with distilled water)... yes i'll use my fingers when drawing iwth it as well...
    Alot of the old school artists don't like to use correction paint and will just about never layer ink and correction paint.. I do it on almost every piece that I make... the lesson there is do what works well and looks good to you... ( though im sure that Joe Kubert would have stuck me with a ruler if he saw how I worked!)
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

Default tools I use!

No lie.. I use just about anything and everything to draw with.. but there are a few tools that I use more often that most..
    #1 thing that I can't live with out is just a plain ol bottle of ink... I draw alot with sumi ink... It dries with a bit of a different surface than india inks... Sumi has more of a hard shell finish... i think that it allows white inks to stand on top more , thus the white will stay brighter... I like to apply ink with all sorts of tools.. yes, I use brushs just like everyone else, but i love to use my fingers to draw with.. I'll put my finger right in the ink sometimes.. I can make a line with my fingernail and then roll my finger to the side and controll the line's thickness .. ( no kidding !) I'll also use all kinds of different cheap pens.. I draw for reproduction, so if i am drawing with many different types of black ink and they don't really match, I never mind..
    the #2 thing i need is a jar of PROwhite correction fluid/ paste/goop... I love that stuff... you can apply it just like ink except that it is thicker ( you can thin it with distilled water)... yes i'll use my fingers when drawing iwth it as well...
    Alot of the old school artists don't like to use correction paint and will just about never layer ink and correction paint.. I do it on almost every piece that I make... the lesson there is do what works well and looks good to you... ( though im sure that Joe Kubert would have stuck me with a ruler if he saw how I worked!)
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

I could post a pic of the Spiderman you did for me at WW Chicago. I don't have a scan so the pic has all 16 artists but I can put it up if that's cool. It's one of the favorites from everyone I've shown it to.

Default superman..

This messageboard is for those who love comics...

POST THAT ART, MAN!
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

Default Tom Waits from Mid-Ohio Con!

Stuart's incredible take on legendary singer, songwriter, actor, shaman, soothsayer, etc. Tom Waits!

[IMG][/IMG]

Default Tom waits..

This was actually one of my most favorite pieces i've made all year... im glad that it's got a good home!
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

I still can't wait to see the joker/batman commision my teacher budy paid for at the comic-con. really can't wait. you'll have to e-mail me a shot before you send it to him so I can taunt him with having seen the awesome

Default Batman / Joker art..

Chris.. I just finished the art and will be sending it out monday. ( your timing is amazing ).. it's a nice piece.. I think that i'll have to put it in a skechbook or something.. it's too nice.. joker's teeth are great! ( natch )

i'll post it soon enough!
    talk to you soon!
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

Default My Character

This was a piece that Stuart did for me in little ole Martinsville Indiana back in 2006! It is a gaming character that I created. It is really awesome now, because I am writing a book now about that specific character. It makes it much easier for me now to put that face to the character. His name is Aerol Reign, and he is one bad dude! I had Stuart do other pieces for me as well, like a KICK ASS Martian Manhunter, but unfortunately for me, it was ruined during the floods of June 08! But thanks for the art brother! And I look forward to seeing you again!

normally everything I do is GA or BC related in a funny comedic manner. but I wanted something cool to frame. so it get framed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beetle.jpg  

Default Red Sonja

It's not my art but here's a link to a great Red Sonja sketch by Stuart. Be sure to read the description!
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...680&GSub=69159

Default share your Stuart Sayger original art

Please share anything you are willing to about your journey to parenthood, including info, coping skills you used or wish you had, your story, and anything else you feel might help someone make it down a difficult road.

Thanks

Default Just got here!

I just got here! I'm a big fan of your work even though I've never had anything done. I just haven't been able to sync up a show with you so I can get one. There's a chance that I'll be heading out the SDCC. If so, I'll definitely be stopping by your table. My schtick is getting blank sketch covers done (Fallen Son, Secret Invasion, Dark Avengers, etc). Hopefully you'll be up for doing one at the show. Until then, I'll sit back and enjoy the art that everyone else is posting.

-Adam

Thanks Stuart for the artwork at Comic Con on Thursday...me and my buddies bought the five pieces from you and we're just so stoked to hang these on our walls.

The one I got was the Batman image and it's just freaking cool! Thank you again.