Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Genext #1?

Laura & Logan = Family chickrockguitar's Avatar

Default Genext #1?

Guys, have I read over it in the Solicitations? When is it suposed to be out?
    PULLS: Morning Glories . X-23 . Kick-Ass/Hit-Girl . Ultimate Spidy . Runaways . Usagi Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by chickrockguitar
    Guys, have I read over it in the Solicitations? When is it suposed to be out?
    I think it's been pushed back due to Claremont's recent illness.

Is this the title that takes place in the future that features the kids of current X-Men?
    "The first day I ever met the X-Men, the very first day...they were captured. And ambushed. And caged. By you. I learned more about good and evil in that one day than I ever have before or since I was thirteen. When I think about evil, whenever I think about the concept of evil, yours is the face that I see. I don't have to "watch you" Miss Frost. I can smell you"

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    Is this the title that takes place in the future that features the kids of current X-Men?
    Something like that.

It takes place in the present day (I think) as if the comics had occurred in realtime.

A lot of stuff is being skipped over though.

Such as Jean coming back from the dead (X-Factor never happened).

Scott stays married to Maddie.

I dont think anyone really knows what its about though.

Laura & Logan = Family chickrockguitar's Avatar

Okay thanks.
    PULLS: Morning Glories . X-23 . Kick-Ass/Hit-Girl . Ultimate Spidy . Runaways . Usagi Yojimbo

"SCOTT!" *faints* Zombienorthstar's Avatar
    London,England,UK,Europe,The World,Earth 616

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinal K
    Something like that.

It takes place in the present day (I think) as if the comics had occurred in realtime.

This must be Fishtacos dream title...what if Claremonts issues were the only ones that mattered?
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2006
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

X-Poster of the Month: March 2007
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

Chris Yost- Thanks for the review, future-person

Quote Originally Posted by Zombienorthstar
    This must be Fishtacos dream title...what if Claremonts issues were the only ones that mattered?
    That's what I was about to say. It is a dream. X-Men: The End was a dream come true too, until I learned that the villain behind the entire thing was Cassandra Nova. Still, X-Men: The End helps me write my journal of X-Men theories from 1963-1991. X-Men: The End takes a lot of what Claremont had planned for the 90's. A lot more than one might think.

I just hope it ends up actually getting published, because we don't know what Claremont's health is going to be like in the near future. I'm really worried for him.

Quote Originally Posted by fishtaco
    I just hope it ends up actually getting published, because we don't know what Claremont's health is going to be like in the near future. I'm really worried for him.
    Me too fishtaco, i really hope the Chris gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinal K
    Something like that.

I see. So Jean stays dead; I hope Frost stays a villain (if she's in the book) I wonder who Becky Munroe's father is......I hope it's not that two-faced good for nothing arrogant prick called T'Challa!
    "The first day I ever met the X-Men, the very first day...they were captured. And ambushed. And caged. By you. I learned more about good and evil in that one day than I ever have before or since I was thirteen. When I think about evil, whenever I think about the concept of evil, yours is the face that I see. I don't have to "watch you" Miss Frost. I can smell you"

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    I wonder who Becky Munroe's father is......I hope it's not that two-faced good for nothing arrogant prick called T'Challa!
    I'll second that!!!

Meself i'm hoping her father is Forge...

I'm glad he's tossing some of his own stuff out as well. That way people won't be so upset and bitchy that he's basically ignoring the 90's to allow this to play out real time. And I think Jean never having come back is brilliant. That also means one of the 'New X-Men' in GeNext will probably be Nathan Summers. :)
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by fishtaco
    That's what I was about to say. It is a dream. X-Men: The End was a dream come true too, until I learned that the villain behind the entire thing was Cassandra Nova. Still, X-Men: The End helps me write my journal of X-Men theories from 1963-1991. X-Men: The End takes a lot of what Claremont had planned for the 90's. A lot more than one might think.

It'll end up being published, may not be for another couple of months but I'm sure it'll be done. This book does sound perfect for you. I mean it's a complete wet dream.

Delete post.
    Last edited by fishtaco; 07-28-2006 at 07:55 PM.

Nice, this sounds interesting. What does the official info or blurb say?

Default GeNext and Marvel Universe

Have been thinking about Chris Claremont's GeNext series which is going to be looking at the idea of the M.U moving in 'real time' - sorta like Batman/Superman: Generations and similar to the Fantastic Four Annual 1998 where Thing ends up in a Universe where the FF creation flight was in 1961 and everyone had aged: cover here and far more details here - its a REALLY good fun annual too!

Do you think it would be a good plan for CC to include all of the Marvel Universe in his book (rather than just mutants as suggested here)? Is there the call for a Marvel Real Time Universe series? Is the time right for a MC2 style 'next gen/new universe' project?