Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default THE Best Joker moment in history

Whenever I think of the best Joker moments in the history of the DCU, the first ones that come to mind (remembering that I'm only 24 years old, and am not familiar with anything older than silver age) would be:

5- Batman #615(?)- Batman almost beats Joker to death in the Loeb/Lee hush storyline, and is only saved by Jim Gordons commitment to the law.

4- Joker Brutally beats Jason Todd to death with a crowbar, showing just how cold blooded a killer he truly is.

3- Batman: The Killing Joke- Joker shoots Barabara Gordon- Batgirl -in the spine, paralyzing her.

2- The Dark Knight Returns: Book 3- Batman and Joker fight each other to a standstill, until Joker breaks his own neck in an effort to frame Batman for murder in his dying moments.

Dark knight returns used to be my favorite Joker moment ever, until i read IC #7 two days ago...

1- After being shunned by the Villains Society, Joker gets the last laugh by killing the most wanted man in the universe with an Acid Squirting flower and high voltage handbuzzer, thus effectively ending Infinite Crisis by bringing down it's Architect, Alex Luthor!!

DAMN Geoff Johns knows how to write a good story! THIS is what i was hoping for at the beginning of the series, Classic moments in DCU history.

What are you guys' favorite Joker moments? I'd love to hear some classic golden age Joker moments that i may have missed....

My favorite is his death from DKR. The Joker's entire purpose is simply to screw with Batman's head. At the very end, when Batman MIGHT actually kill him this time, the Joker kills himself just so that Batman will live the rest of his life with the knowledge that he couldn't "pull the trigger." That was just the ultimate final joke that could have been pulled.

Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

The best Joker moment ever came from Detective Comics #726, one of the "Aftershock" stories right before No Man's Land.

The Joker convinces one of his Arkham cellmates to kidnap and kill a little girl, and arranges the whole thing to land on the anniversary of Jason Todd's death. What follows is a masterful confrontation between Batman and the Joker in his cell for the location of the girl. He can't beat it out of him, he can't trick it out of him...he's got nowhere left to go besides admitting that the Joker can pretty much do whatever he wants without consequence, and just asking for the girl's location.

I won't reveal the ending here, because it just comes across better on the page than in a synopsis, and everyone should go read it anyway. :)

SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

I liked that bit in "Laughing Fish" when Joker was going on about about how Joker Fish were a good idea and better than Joker Cows or something. And I like it in "Five Way Revenge" when Joker stood next to the shark and said "we resemble each other!"

Sticking My Neck Out Metamorpho's Avatar

Great stories but they all pale in comparison to this, the GREATEST Joker story of all time!
    http://www.superdickery.com/oneshot/6.html

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorpho
    Great stories but they all pale in comparison to this, the GREATEST Joker story of all time!

Why did they mention 'boner' so many times?

Anyway...

The end of IC #7 was a fantastic Joker moment. Second only to Killing Joke.
    I hope this 911 is for real and not just on tv.
    --Thorn

Not even my healing factor can handle Shlitz!
    --Skull-verine

Solitudinem fecerunt, pacem appelunt - They made a desert and called it peace.
    --Tacitus

Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by estee
    Why did they mention 'boner' so many times?

Because they were all perverts and junkies in the 40s.

SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "Joker" moment...but I love it

During the emperor Joker story in Superman Comics, while he has the ability to create reality, Joker has the Robins at a poker table.

Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, and the dead body of Jason Todd who is wearing a sign that says "why didn't anyone call to save me?" (Or something to that effect).

It was sick and twisted, and funny as hell.

I want it as a poster.
    Check out my lo-fi Sci-fi Comedy Last In Space

In a constant state of being Forgiven and Loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorpho
    That site is HILARIOUS. My girlfriend was on the phone with her mom and kept thinking I was laughing at her. Her mom didn't like that. *shrug* Made it even funnier.

(And by the way, Petertime, you've got a great sig.)
    I've got a great idea. How about we keep blaming the other party. Yeah. That's healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by beetheb
    1- After being shunned by the Villains Society, Joker gets the last laugh by killing the most wanted man in the universe with an Acid Squirting flower and high voltage handbuzzer, thus effectively ending Infinite Crisis by bringing down it's Architect, Alex Luthor!!
    Fantastic scene, but it's a better Lex Luthor moment than a Joker one. ("Oh, Alex. You've made so many mistakes." Lex is such an arrogant prick! I love it! Joker was clearly second fiddle in that scene.) I think the execution of the Royal Flush Gang was a better INFINITE CRISIS Joker moment.

I also loved the Joker in UNDERWORLD UNLEASHED. First, the Trickster reminds us of what a frightening figure the Joker is by telling us, "when super-villains want to scare each other, they tell Joker stories." Later, we find out the Joker sold his soul for a box of cigars. ("They're Cubans!") Heh.

More Donald than Charlie stealthwise's Avatar

I really dislike all of the "coldblooded killer Joker" moments. I prefer stuff like the Laughing Fish story, or when he pulls out a gun and the "BANG!" flag pops out (which was used in the first Burton Bat film).
    - Art is whatever makes you feel human.

- "You are what you love, not what loves you." - Donald Kaufman

- "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." - William Munny

- "Acquiescence. It's not so hard, really. You. Just. Give. In." - Col. Ives

I've never read Underworld Unleashed, but "when super-villains want to scare each other, they tell Joker stories" as an absolutely AWESOME quote.

comic book gleek David O Burcham's Avatar

Detective Comics #475 and #476. Joker fish, of course.

The best moment from that story was in #475. Joker makes his grand entrance. his unlucky victim utters, "my God..", which causes the Joker to spin around, "Where?!"
    "Your derail-fu is WEAK, grasshopper." -- Sabrinaset

"Some of you had your sense of humor surgically removed when you got an internet connection." -- Rob McNew (paraphrased)

i say the best one was when he killed jason todd.

The best? At the end of the Killing Joke, when the Joker tells Batman a joke and the both laugh. That joke say more about the two of them than every book or internet post combined.
    Pull List: ps238, Legion of Superheros, Superman, Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Robin, Blue Bettle, Countdown, Dark Tower, and Last of the Mohicans