View Poll Results: Would you like Spidey to keep the new costume, long-term?

Voters
186. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes. He doesn't HAVE to, but it'd be cool if Spidey kept the new costume for a long time.

75 40.32%
  • No. I'll tolerate it for a while, but that's all.

111 59.68%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Would you like Spidey to keep the new costume, long-term?

I'd like to ask the same thing about the abilities since THE OTHER, also, but that'd just complicate the poll too much. I'd love to read your replies in the thread, though.

I haven't seen every issue since he got the new outfit, but from what I've seen, I'd be very pleased if Spidey kept the new duds for the long-term (and maybe even *gasp* permanently). Yeah. I like'em THAT much.

Of course, like Robin's new costume, Spidey's new duds can look pretty crappy if the wrong person draws'em (or maybe it's more about the coloring...?). Still, though.

Btw, I still like the original, black, and Rielly costumes, too.

I just wondered if there was anyone else out there who, like me, would be cool with Spidey to keeping the new costume for a long time. Please explain why.
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.

I think it would be a cool idea. Shake him up a bit you know. I know that the red and blue are how most people see him and stuff. But I like the look of the new costume.

I can only tolerate this costume And stingers for a little while longer.
    HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTownr
    I hate the cowboys with the burning passion of a billion blazing suns.
    Mark B.

I'm right there with you, west3man. I enjoy the new costume. I think it's cool. I do hate the colors of it, but we've already seen with the technology it has, it can look like whatever. Personally I'd love to see him wear it as the black costume for a while.

If people disagree with the new costume on reasons soley of aesthetics... why? What if Peter starting wearing it as his original duds? As the black costume? As the Scarlet Spider look? If you don't like the cool new features it has, why not? I really like the idea that Spidey got a slight power up. He's still fairly underpowered as far as the MU goes, but the Waldoes are spiffy, taking a bullet now and again is nice, I like that the costume can change appearances, I like that he can plug into police scanner chat etc.

Now, if west3man had gone with his original premise of including the new powers, there are a few of those I'd like to see Peter lose. But the costume? Nagh, I am all for it, especially considering it can look like whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlock
    I'm right there with you, west3man. I enjoy the new costume. I think it's cool. I do hate the colors of it, but we've already seen with the technology it has, it can look like whatever. Personally I'd love to see him wear it as the black costume for a while.

If people disagree with the new costume on reasons soley of aesthetics... why? What if Peter starting wearing it as his original duds? As the black costume? As the Scarlet Spider look? If you don't like the cool new features it has, why not? I really like the idea that Spidey got a slight power up. He's still fairly underpowered as far as the MU goes, but the Waldoes are spiffy, taking a bullet now and again is nice, I like that the costume can change appearances, I like that he can plug into police scanner chat etc.

Now, if west3man had gone with his original premise of including the new powers, there are a few of those I'd like to see Peter lose. But the costume? Nagh, I am all for it, especially considering it can look like whatever.
    I didn't know/remember that it could change appearance. Surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by west3man
    I didn't know/remember that it could change appearance. Surprising.
    Yes, Tony is a super genius. So are the writers. ;) It was revealed in either ASM 529 or 530.

Yes, Tony is a super genius. So are the writers. ;) It was revealed in either ASM 529 or 530.
    Hey west, I ran down the preview pages for you. Here is the page that shows the panels with the costume changing its looks: linky and it is from ASM #530.

Hey west, I ran down the preview pages for you. Here is the page that shows the panels with the costume changing its looks: linky and it is from ASM #530.
    Thanks!

That's pretty cool. Besides it being a bit of a stretch, I'd wonder why Tony wouldn't incorporate such things into his own armor instead of getting caught without it.

But either way I really dig it.

I feel weird about this issue. I want the Iron Spidey costume gone and I want his new powers gone. I want to read about a blue and red spidey trying to outwit street level criminals while jugling his private life.

This makes me feel like an old fuddy-duddy. I think it's important for writers to explore new story ideas and not be affraid to tell interesting tales, but lets all face it: Spidey has never been further away from his roots than right now. Living in a penthouse, wearing a bulletproof, flying suit with GPS, camoflage and bone spikes? Hmm.

-Bust that Spidey back down to private, soldier! Strip him of his "new Powers", his "New Costume", an just tell some better stories...does that make me stodgy, or "anti-progress?"
    Last edited by unkiedev; 05-05-2006 at 07:59 AM.

Thumbs up

I've been reading Spider-Man almost since his creation, and like everyone else who loves Spidey, I'm used to the red and blue duds. I have to admit that the new costume looks AWSOME ( if drawn right ). I loved the costume he got after Secret Wars ( too bad it was a crazy, lovesick symbiote ), and the ability the new costume has of appearing any way Spider-Man wants is really cool. I agree with the post above that Spider-Man needed a power boost, and I'm eager to see what the writers and artists do with him.

No,there are too much complaints about it.Spider-Man should keep his original costume,no matter what.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen V
    No,there are too much complaints about it.Spider-Man should keep his original costume,no matter what.
    Except for a bunch of fans on the internet, who is it thatīs complaining?

I donīt know about the suite. I like it and could probably tolerate for some time. But I donīt think itīll fit all to well if Spider-man and Iron man become enemies after Civil War, which I think is very possibel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7
    Except for a bunch of fans on the internet, who is it thatīs complaining?

I donīt know about the suite. I like it and could probably tolerate for some time. But I donīt think itīll fit all to well if Spider-man and Iron man become enemies after Civil War, which I think is very possibel.
    Good point. The issues has sold out and been reprinted at least once. Complaints or not, Marvel is going to view it as a success because it helped their bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen V
    But what is YOUR opinion about it?

I got into spiderman only a short time ago, I think the new suit is what really got me interested.Marvel in general is less stagnant,an less likly to appeal to a bunch of winy fan boys living vicariously thru thier comics an hate them to change.THe suits cool its an up date.I always find it funny when certain X-men change thier costumes aty the drop of a hakt an no one complans yet any other legacy char an the geeks go nuts.The costume is a change for the times, its rather unhealhty to get worked up over a fictional chars costume change IMO.