Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Batgirl's back?

It's always been astonishing to me that DC has kept Barbara Gordon in the wheelchair for, what, 10-15 years now? Especially considering that, thanks to the 60s TV show and other incarnations, she's still got to be in a top 10 or 15 of DC characters recognized by the general public.

You'd think they could do a lot more with her in merchandising if she was more visible in the batsuit.

- FE

I went ahead and did my own version on Flickr of the 7.34-5 spread- I scanned it, then put notes around every hero, and double checked against the list here. You can find it at:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/81086509@N00/142906764/

Could I get this moved back to the Infinite Crisis forum? I have TONS of holes that still need to be filled, and not just That Spread!

ACTION! DANGER! ROMANCE! Paul Newell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Wick
    Could I get this moved back to the Infinite Crisis forum? I have TONS of holes that still need to be filled, and not just That Spread!
    No worries. Let me know when you're done nd I'll move it back. :)

Come on, people! Identities of unknown figures? Cool facts? Factual errors? Bad jokes? GIVE THEM TO ME! Anything and everything!

Come on, people! Identities of unknown figures? Cool facts? Factual errors? Bad jokes? GIVE THEM TO ME! Anything and everything!
    Oh, I guess I misunderstood what was going on. I didn't realize you wanted everyone to chip in and help. I thought you were doing this yourself so I was waiting for you to finish it (especially pages 2-3 of IC #7).

But I'll go through later and fill in some blanks that I know.

FANTASTIC!

Thanks so much for doing all that hard work!!!!

:D

I know it was 3 pages and 7 issues ago, but I just joined this site, so please forgive me, but the whole "he hasn't done much since then" thing about Bats saying Supes hasn't inspired any one since he died??? Come on! In the first place he RETURNED FROM THE DEAD. I find that kinda impressive. He wasn't back 5 minutes before goin off depowered to stop Cyborg and Mongul. Since then, in no particular order, he's lead the charge in the Bloodlines conclusion, Zero Hour, and Worlds Collide...went lookin' for DOOMSDAY, was willing to sacrifice himself to reignite the sun, finally got married, headed up the Morisson/Waid jla-which had him wrestling an angel, returning the moon to orbit, takin down white martians, traveling to the 853rd century to celebrate the return of his future self and do battle with evil sentient artificial suns, and finally absorbing the anti-sunlight powering the god destroyer. He lead the heroes durin the godwave stuff; got turned into an energy being, split in 2, then recombined savin the world again. Under Dominus he almost took over (surprisingly easy...), then the whole Loeb/Kelly era-with the Imperiex War, new Zod (2 actually), city of tomorrow, Action 775 and 800, Isis, canibal planet, et al. There've been 2 metropolis mailbags, and other nice stand alone issues. He also, with Bats and WW, discovered hypertime (seeing a crapload of alternate timelines, includin cool post-death published stories like Allstar Supes, red son, JLA the nail, DK2, plus Kingdom Come itself, and E2 Supes). Etc. etc. etc....you get the idea.

Still waiting for more people to contribute.

Still waiting for more people to contribute.
    Anything specific you're looking for. i maybe able to help.
    "Our job is to do the impossible and make it look easy." Hawk G.I.Joe #1 (marvel series)

"Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" Buck Murdoc Airplane II the Sequel

Favorite Writers: Geoff Johns, Larry Hama, Kurt Busiek

Favorite Artists: George Perez, Alex Ross

Favorite Heroes: Captain America, Captain Harlock, Alan Scott, Duke, Optimus Prime

Favorite Villains: Char Aznable, Darth Vader, Megatron, Dr Doom

Quote Originally Posted by LordEd1976
    Anything specific you're looking for. i maybe able to help.
    Lay on me anything you know that I don't have. It would be a big help, though, to get rid of all the places where I have ID's listed with "don't know", "unknown", or a name with a question mark. Also, if I'm confused about something with a logical explanation (by which I mean, no simply making something up, so I'm pre-emptively shutting out all proclamations of Superboy-Prime's retcon punch), give it to me.

Lay on me anything you know that I don't have. It would be a big help, though, to get rid of all the places where I have ID's listed with "don't know", "unknown", or a name with a question mark. Also, if I'm confused about something with a logical explanation (by which I mean, no simply making something up, so I'm pre-emptively shutting out all proclamations of Superboy-Prime's retcon punch), give it to me.
    Ask and you shall recieve. the following are some notes I made comparing your annotations and the series. I filled in some unknowns and added some notes.

Issue #1

Perez Cover: the guy next to Zoom on the right is Sinestro

1.5.3- The news reporting Luthor's theft of a plane in Alaska is a referemce to Superman #224

1.5.5- The woman seen in the crystal is the new Aquagirl. All the Green Lantern images are of Hal Jordan. The two people under the image of Connor and flanking Bart are Heatwave and Captain Boomerang II. the guy Flash is fighting is Weather Wizard.

1.12.7 Guy is on Oa flying around the Guardians Citadel apparently waiting for them to come out and tell their Green Lantern Corps how to stop the madness.

Issue #2

Perez Cover: That is Wonder Woman on the bottom right next to the image of Gentleman Ghost. The guy with her in the image is Maxwell Lord.

2-3 Shift is in indeed in Donna Troy's group. You can tell Shift apart from Metamorpho by the fact Shift is wearing a black shirt.

2.29.7- The image under Amethyst depicts the heads of the Houses of Garnet and Aquamarine.

Issue #3

3.1.2- Mera is San Diego. If you look at the top of 3.1.1 it states where they are.

3.1.6- Aquaman is spearing King Shark. King Shark survives the wound and is a major player in the OYL title Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis. He sports a large scar on his chest from the wound.

3.14.4- Martin Stein is the one who flys in front of Firestorm. At the end of the last Firestorm series, Stein became the only person in the Firestorm matrix and transformed into a fire elemental. A black hole then transported him to the other side of the universe. He temporarily made it back to Earth in War of the Gods before returning to deep space.

3.18.3- The black figure in the air is Fury transformed into Tisiphone, the Blood Avenger

3.21.5- On screen are the General, I think maybe IBAC, Amazo, Grodd, Black Adam, and Silver Banshee

3.25.1- In addition to Captain Atom and Jaime, the others in the crystal are the Oliver Queen and Connor Hawke Green Arrows, Quakemaster and Shellshock, three members of the Brotherhood of Evil (Warp, Plasmus, and Houngan), Chemo, and Liberty Belle fighting Baron Blitzkrieg

Issue #4

4.1.2- the woman is Phobia. Brain calls her by name.

4.1.5- the villains here are Warp, Gemini, Plasmus, and Houngan of the Brotherhood of Evil. Plasmus is german by the way, which is why he said "Ja".

4.16.1- To Argent's right is Joto. On Beast Boy's left is Red Star. Between Red Star and Houraman II is Speedy II (aka Mia Dearborn from the Green Arrow comics)

4.20.4-5- Red Star and Risk both survive.

Issue #5

5.26.1- Wonder Woman Earth-2 probably told Diana who she was after they took off.

5.16.9-14- The images are (LtoR) Diana as a little girl, Wonder Woman versus Cheetah, Wonder Woman as an ambassador, Wonder Woman becoming a goddess, Wonder Woman in her Kingdom Come-inspired battle armor, and of course, Wonder Woman killing Maxwell Lord. Note that the images are not in chronological order.

5.21.4- That is indeed Sasha Bourdeaux

5.23.4- I recognize a few of the alternate Supermen. The one in the purple costume with green mask is Supernova (an alternate identity used by Supes when he was depowered in a Silver Age story). the African-American Superman is from the Tangent Universe. to Superman earth-2's left are the original Superman-Red and Superman-Blue. Next to them on the right is the Superman from the Red Son Elseworlds tale.
    "Our job is to do the impossible and make it look easy." Hawk G.I.Joe #1 (marvel series)

Favorite Heroes: Captain America, Captain Harlock, Alan Scott, Duke, Optimus Prime

Issue #6

Perez Cover: the person in the center of the two Earths is Alex Luthor.

6.6-7.2- Earth-97 is the Tangent Universe. I recoginize (LtoR) Plastic Man, Superman, Batman, Flash (flying blonde girl), Joker (under Flash with her back to us.), and Green Lantern

6.6-7.8- the Blonde woman impaling someone with the American Flag is an alternate Wonder Woman based off the failed Cathy Lee Crosby tv show pilot. The girl holding Per Degaton over her head is an alternate Wonder Girl based the Debra Winger version from the first season of the Lynda Carter tv show. Other alternate heroes include Green Arrow, Flash, Robin, and Atom. In addition to Per Degaton, other Nazu based villains included are Baron Blitzkrieg (being tackled by Atom), Captain Nazi (to Wonder Woman's left) and Iron Major (above Captain Nazi)

6.6-7.20- The man you IDed as Airwave is actually the Gavyn Starman.

6.9.2- (LtoR) Maya, Odd Man, Black Orchid, Mr. Twister, Tasmainian Devil, Nightmaster, Valda the Iron Maiden. Swamp Thing's hand, and an unknown hand.

6.9.3- That's actually the son of Felix Faust. Its ironic that he's near the Enchantress since he slit her throat to restart the fires of Hell in the Day of Judgement cross-over (you think she still harbors a grudge?)

6.9.4- That is indeed Jakeem Thunder next to Star Sapphire. The huge pink hand belongs to Stanley's Monster.

6.9.5- Stanley and his Monster

6.9.6- the one on the Phantom Stranger's right is Madame Xanadu. The reason she's wearing a blindfold is that the Spectre tore her eyes out in Day of Vengeance.

6.10.3- Thats Klarion the Witch-Boy. He first recieved this look in the mini-series Seven Soldiers of Victory.

6.13.6-9- That is Metamorpho supplying the oxygen to Batman's group. The big question here is; What is Sasha Bordeaux's role in Batman's plan? He gives everyone something to do and acknowledges Green Arrow's reason for being there but he says nothing about Sasha. Later in the OMAC Project Special, she'll play a major part in finally destroying Brother Eye.

Issue #7

7.1.7-9- How did Robin show up? I guess maybe Hal Jordan flew him to the scene on Batman's orders since he and Connor were friends.

7.2-3- In color we have the following people on the ground; Zsaz, Hardhat, Shock Trauma, Klarion, Shimmer, Manhunter (Kate Spencer), Electrocutioner, Detective Chimp, Headhunter (getting choked by Aquaman) Ivo (under Headhunter), Negative Man (on the ground),Manhattan Guardian, Aquaman, Starro starfish (on the ground between Aquaman's legs), Sivana, Brutale (back to us), Mad hatter, Shrapnel, Katana, and Murmer

penciled in red in the air we have: Halo, Northwind, Metamorpho, Deadline (?), Breach, Giganta, Elasti-Girl, Per Degaton, Lady Quark, Stargirl (getting hit from behind), Plastic Man, and the Thunderbolt.

penciled in red on the ground we have: Onomotopeia, Odd Man, Cyber Girl, Planet Master, Natasha Irons, Atomic Skull, one of the Challengers of teh Unknown, Mr. Freeze, Phobia, Zatana, Invisible Destroyer, Solomon Grundy, Joto, Black Manta, Iron Cross, Robotman, Floronic Man, Plasmus, and Steel.

A couple of interesting notes. The fact that Hardhat is present means at least he survived the OMAC attack on the villains known as the Demolition Team in OMAC Project #6. Also, Shock Trauma's appearance relates to the OYL issue of Manhunter. In it, Dr Psycho is on trial for murder because he hypnotize several civilians into killing Shock Trauma and his fellow teamates in the villain group known as the Hangmen.

7.4.3- the shooters are Crimson Avenger, Vigilante IV, and Wild Dog. the ones getting shot are the Madmen and the Trigger Twins. The appearance of the Madmen means the group didn't get wiped out by the Secret Six in issue #5 of Villains United. However, it is unknown if they are wiped here.

7.4.5- Zatana and Gypsy were teamates during the Justice League's "Detroit Era".

7.4.6-7- The heroes that get flashfried along with Solomon Grundy are Mongrel, Geist, Razorsharp, Nightblade, and Ballistic. All of them were introduced in the Bloodlines crossover. Unlike Grundy. I doubt any of them will come back.

7.5.3- the guy Superboy-Prime is killing with his heat vision is Baron Blitzkrieg.

7.8.1- that's Ray flying to John Stewart's right.

7.11.5- the heroes taking to the air are Zauriel, Firehawk, Lady Quark, Mary Marvel, Superman, Power Girl, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel Jr., Superman Earth-2, Halo, Ray, Breach, John Stewart, Geo-Force, Hal Jordan, Stargirl, Stripe, Looker, Shining Knight, and Terra II.

7.12.3- the guy behind Looker is fellow Outsider Technocrat.

7.12.4- When he exploded, Breach may have killed Looker and Technocrat as well.

7.15- the only Green Lantern I recoginze in addition to Guy is Salakk (the four-armed alien to Guy's left.)

7.17.3-4- the Green Lantern with the big head is from the same race as Gallius Zend (he died way before Infinite Crisis). the other looks like they're from the same species as Tellus, an alien who was a member of the Pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths Legion of Super-Heroes.

7.18.5- Superboy-Prime has very selective memory. It was revealed in Green Lantern:Rebirth that Hal Jordan was under the influence of a yellow fear monster during his time as Parallax. I guess Superboy-Prime wasn't watching the crystal wall in Paradise when this was revealed.

7.23.3 The planet the final battle takes place is indeed Mogo. I belive Mogo is capable of traveling through space and not tied down a single solar system. (I seem to remember JulianPerez telling me Mogo attended a meeting of the GLC on Oa. He stayed in near orbit.)

7.27- Once again the only GL I recoginze other than the Earth-based ones is Salakk (He's behind John Stewart.)

7.28.3- Notice even Guy Gardener looks sad.

7.28.6-9- "It's not going to end. It's NEVER going to end...for us......Lois" Superman Earth-2 finally understands what Lois was trying to tell him before she died.

Great job! Although I felt insulted a bit at times... ;) Some comments:

Quote Originally Posted by LordEd1976
    4.1.2- the woman is Phobia. Brain calls her by name.
    Erm... it's not clear she's who he's referring to, and if so that creates a fritz in the "brain trust" of the Brotherhood of Evil (one member's absent, replaced by one who shouldn't be there). Unless I need to read Byrne's Doom Patrol...

BTW: while updating the annotations I realized I had miscounted 6.9, so if anyone sees any misplaced references to 6.9 that refer to the wrong panel please change them (or at least let me know, if it's not your post or you're not an admin)!

What is Sasha Bordeaux's role in Batman's plan? He gives everyone something to do and acknowledges Green Arrow's reason for being there but he says nothing about Sasha. Later in the OMAC Project Special, she'll play a major part in finally destroying Brother Eye.
    Batman does give her a role ("link up to Oracle"), but it never comes to fruition.

7.2-3- ...Sivana, Brutale (back to us), Mad hatter, Shrapnel, Katana, and Murmer
    Wait: who's the guy right next to Katana, Shrapnel or Murmur? And where's the other guy?

7.28.3- Notice even Guy Gardener looks sad.
    Ya know, some people might be unclear on why they should notice that.

Great job! Although I felt insulted a bit at times... ;)
    no insulting was intended. Just trying to help clear up any confusion and confirming any questions about identities.

Erm... it's not clear she's who he's referring to, and if so that creates a fritz in the "brain trust" of the Brotherhood of Evil (one member's absent, replaced by one who shouldn't be there). Unless I need to read Byrne's Doom Patrol...
    Brain says "You give Phobia five minutes with him, Slade, Nightwing will believe ANYTHING."

She adds "I could make that acrobat so madly in love with me he'd tear out his own heart." That to me pretty much confirms that the woman is Phobia.

Batman does give her a role ("link up to Oracle"), but it never comes to fruition.
    I see it. damm! That one's my fault. I got too busy playing "Where's Waldo?" with all the characters.

Wait: who's the guy right next to Katana, Shrapnel or Murmur? And where's the other guy?
    Murmur is the guy to the left of Katana. Shrapnel is the metallic head located right above Mad Hatter. Brutale is under the Mad Hatter and to the right of Sivana. His back is facing us

Ya know, some people might be unclear on why they should notice that.
    You maybe right about that so let me clarify.

Guy Gardner's reputation is that he's kind of a jerk. In the bulk of the comics I own where he's involved in the proceedings, Guy's not the type of person to show any soft spots, especailly in the presence of other heroes. There have been expections though. (He left flowers at Ice's bedside when she was in a coma following Invasion. He also had a heart-to-heart with Hal Jordan just before Parallax sacrificed himself in Final Night.) In this case, he's obviously moved by the death of Superman Earth-2.