Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Last Anime Watched and/or Last Manga Read

The Place Promised in our Early Days

Very good, a bit slow but beautifully done and reasonably thoughtful. Would have watched Voices From A Distant Star as well but Blockbuster Online sent me a cracked disc.

Last Manga... Don't read much Manga and what I do read is usually in follow-up to an anime that doesn't properly end. so the last Manga I read was...
    Fruits Basket 11
    ... in my pants.

Currently working my way through Sailor Moon S. (Yes, I am in fact a 14 year old girl inside*, can we move on?) Pretty good, although the subs are a bit literal for my taste and being as I have dual audio, the dub is fine, bar the fact that the replacement Serena is extremely annoying until you adjust.

*figurative statement only, not actually true, poster is in fact 20 year old male...
    Last edited by Gaz; 04-18-2006 at 12:14 PM.

I finished watching RahXephon last weekend. I was a bit dissapointed mostly because I'd heard too many good things. I think I played it up too much in my mind.

As for manga, I read a copy of Faerie's Landing Vol. 3 about a week back. Funny stuff, but a bit too repetitive from volumes 1 and 2. I don't know if I'll read any more of them.

Nefarious Cartoonist

I watched 7 out of 13 episodes of the first DVD set of CPM's new edition for Armored Trooper Votoms, and two episode from Saint Tail Vol.4

For manga, the latest Shonen Jump issue [though I bought some Alien Nine trade this week, and just for Blue Inferior Vol.1 today]

Friday I read Kare Kano #19 (His and Her Circumstances)
    Very nice to have the complete back story of Soichiro's father now, then a very surprising ending. Hope it doesn't take as long between these the final two volumes as it did between these last two.

Saturday I woke up feeling very lazy and with it fresh in my memory I decided to rewatch the entire* His and Her Circumstances anime which I haven't watched since I bought it years ago and got really pissed at the second half of the series. I still really hate that aspect of it, leaving the series in the midle of about 6 storylines and dragging it down with the cheapest animation shortcuts possible but at least this time I knew how worthless the multiple recap episodes were and could just skip those. Despite those faults, it still comes off as just about the best romantic anime I've seen.
    ... in my pants.

Last Anime I watched was Naruto last Saturday. If thats not what you mean when you ask what Anime we last watched then I'm changing my answer to Dirty Pair: Project Eden.

Last Manga I read was Gundam: Blue Destiny.
    "Our job is to do the impossible and make it look easy." Hawk G.I.Joe #1 (marvel series)

"Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" Buck Murdoc Airplane II the Sequel

Favorite Writers: Geoff Johns, Larry Hama, Kurt Busiek

Favorite Artists: George Perez, Alex Ross

Favorite Heroes: Captain America, Captain Harlock, Alan Scott, Duke, Optimus Prime

Favorite Villains: Char Aznable, Darth Vader, Megatron, Dr Doom

My idea is to treat the thread in any way you want. I just thought this section could use a thread like the ones the music and TV/film sections have.

Want to put in mini reviews like mine? do it. Just a quick note that you watched whatever? great.

I actually watched alot more stuff this weekend, like I do every weekend, as I catch up with Adult Swim, Anime On Demand, and whatever came in from Netflix. I just felt like talking about Kare Kano. :)

Technically speaking I did watch Naruto, Samurai 7, Eureka 7 and Ghost in the Shell:2nd Gig episodes after it.
    ... in my pants.

Paper Tigeress Violently Apathetic's Avatar

The second Card Captor Sakura movie last night. I believe it's called 'The Enchanted Cards.' It was adorable, the animation was crisp and it was a good way to end the series. Now if only the Hong Kong subtitles weren't so bad. It was almost completely incoherent at some points. Ah well, it's not like it had a complicated plot or anything
    Oh.I must say Im surprised at how readily you boys bastardized your code of ethics in order to justify a morally dubious decision. That was very grown up of you. - Cornfed

The last anime I finished was Love Hina (though there's still the specials and OVAs left). Cute :)
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Last Manga: Yami No Matsuei vol 10, several times. (whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy are there only 11 volumes...Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? Somebody go to Japan and make Matshushita finiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Anime... well I'm rewatching GetBackers from the beginning as I sorta stopped in the middle somwehere... "Akabane-san, are you here?" *falls over laughing*

Last night I watched Interstella 5555
    "Our job is to do the impossible and make it look easy." Hawk G.I.Joe #1 (marvel series)

"Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" Buck Murdoc Airplane II the Sequel

Favorite Writers: Geoff Johns, Larry Hama, Kurt Busiek

Favorite Artists: George Perez, Alex Ross

Favorite Heroes: Captain America, Captain Harlock, Alan Scott, Duke, Optimus Prime

Favorite Villains: Char Aznable, Darth Vader, Megatron, Dr Doom

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya episode 4(?)

Most charming anime I have seen in years.

Sailor Moon. That show is the single greatest anime ever made. My eyes shall never watch any other anime.

Nadia: Secret of Blue Water #34, the screwy one where everyones sings songs- badly (wondering if the Japanese is better- it has to be).

Nadia has been playing on Anime On Demand for awhile and getting progressively more annoying as Nadia becomes a raving psychotic bitch. Thankfully I just looked up the trivia link at its Anime News Network encyclopedia page and found out that all of these past 11 episodes were part of an extension of the seires to stretch out it's popularity, and that this episode was the very last of the detour. Thank Atlantis, I couldn't take much more of it.
    ... in my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastic Minnow
    Nadia: Secret of Blue Water #34, the screwy one where everyones sings songs- badly (wondering if the Japanese is better- it has to be).
    The musical recap episode? No. No they didn't. My ear drums still have scar tissue from that. Of course, that was before I built up my immunity to stuff like that...
    Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight