Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default You owe it to yourself as a gamer to play Oblivion

Seriously...wow...this really might be one of the single greatest games I've ever played.
    Pro Wrestling: IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Dammit you! I was going to start a "Blair's playthrough of Oblivion" thread. Now you've spoiled that idea. I'll get you if it's the last thing I do.

Anyways, as per my earlier thread I am purchasing both the 360 version and the PC version. I picked up the 360 version today, and I'm getting the collectors version of the PC game tomorrow.

I've taken some shots of the 360 game running. I have my 360 hooked up to my LCD monitor (provided by Dell. I wouldn't buy a Dell computer, but their monitors are certianly decent!) via the 360 VGA cable. This allows me to play the game at insanely high resolutions.

The first shot is of my character: ooooh isn't he just adorable? I think he looks a bit like somebody!

Second shot is of the prison you start the game in. Cosy huh?

Third shot is the first thing that will strike you when you go outdoors.

When I get the PC version, I'll provide "proper" screenshots. (how do you take screenshots on a 360 anyway?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my character.JPG   Prison.JPG   Outdoors! Wow!.JPG  

First question: How do I stop invincible NPCs from chasing me to the ends of the Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by BlairH
    First question: How do I stop invincible NPCs from chasing me to the ends of the Earth?
    Do you mean like the crabs? I'm hearing complaints about the crabs being faster this times around.

Step 1) Pick a direction
    Step 2) Start running
    Step 3) See what happens

I love Elder Scrolls games :)

How is the battle sysytem. If it's crappy like the previous Elder Scrolls game then I will pass.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by K'Nort
    Do you mean like the crabs? I'm hearing complaints about the crabs being faster this times around.
    Crabs are fine. I'm an expert marksman so I just shoot them off.

I also hear shampoo works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato
    How is the battle sysytem. If it's crappy like the previous Elder Scrolls game then I will pass.
    It's awesome. Very kinetic. They really refined the real time combat this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by BlairH

The first shot is of my character: ooooh isn't he just adorable? I think he looks a bit like somebody!
    He's missing a tracksuit, a ******** baseball cap and a kebab in his right hand.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

I thought "Wow, thats a pretty cinema" then i realized it was in real time.
    Now ive spent half an hour in tunnels, i wanna see the sun.
    (As an aside, with the options turned down a bit, this is still the best looking game i've ever seen)

Wow, I just hit the jackpot. Stumbled across a cave and found 6 magic items in there. 1 ring that reflects damage another ring that gives me a constant chameleon effect (perfect since I'm a stealth character) and some other crap. And now it's time to rake in the gold

Real time. None of this "you hit him but the dice say you missed" garbage. Instead, increasing your skill gives you increased damage and special moves. AI's not too bad, you can't just swing wildly since they'll parry your attacks and knock you off balance

And blasting something with an arrow or magic spell while it's in mid-jump and watching them fly back 10 feet and roll down the side of a mountain kicks ass :)
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 03-23-2006 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    I thought "Wow, thats a pretty cinema" then i realized it was in real time.
    Now ive spent half an hour in tunnels, i wanna see the sun.
    (As an aside, with the options turned down a bit, this is still the best looking game i've ever seen)
    What's your system spec? I'm getting the PC version tomorrow as well (I'm a completist!) and I'm wondering how it'll run in comparison to the 360 version.

Oooh, I'm jealous. *wipes up drool* I desperately want to play this, but have neither a 360 nor a PC with good enough specs.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

You know what really sucks, my cpu is just barely out of reach of this game. I have the minimum 512 MB of Ram, I have the minimum 128MB Video Card, I have plenty of Hard Drive Space...

But the clock speed on my computer is 1.6 or 1.7 GH, and here I see the minimum is 2Gh!!! I mean, would my computer even be able to play the game if it requires that much clock speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master
    But the clock speed on my computer is 1.6 or 1.7 GH, and here I see the minimum is 2Gh!!! I mean, would my computer even be able to play the game if it requires that much clock speed?
    Not likely.

Are you running an Intel Pentium or an AMD Athlon?