Page 5 of 205 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Closer than anyone else I've seen.

I loved that issue. I really liked the direction they were going with CannonBall, but then they just kind of let that whole subplot die out. It would have made a lot of sense for him to have the potienal to be extremely powerful considering Cable always seemed to think he would play a large role in the future. I wouldn't say Cannonball even took Galdiator "on" at all.

Did Galdiator under estimate him? Sure, but Galdiator never intended to actually fight him for real. It would be like a human letting a ant crawl on his arm and then being suprised when it bites him, it might suprise you for a second, but your in no real danger from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I believe the M thing was proven false. She just bared a resemblance to her.
    Like Bishop, M is an amazingly powerful character that is hardly ever used. I liked her in X-Factor but really, she has flight, strength, near invulnerability and telepathy. She is like a merger of Rogue and Betsy. She should be used more.

If Bishop is killed, I will continue to read X-Men, but will be very disappointed. He has so much potential because, like Wolverine, little is known about his true story, but he is a violent man in a violent world trying to practice restraint. Also, he should date Cooper, Deathbird and Sage at the same time. If Jamie can pull two girls at the same time, Bishop should be able to pull at least three.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    I loved that issue. I really liked the direction they were going with CannonBall, but then they just kind of let that whole subplot die out. It would have made a lot of sense for him to have the potienal to be extremely powerful considering Cable always seemed to think he would play a large role in the future. I wouldn't say Cannonball even took Galdiator "on" at all.

Did Galdiator under estimate him? Sure, but Galdiator never intended to actually fight him for real. It would be like a human letting a ant crawl on his arm and then being suprised when it bites him, it might suprise you for a second, but your in no real danger from it.
    Gladiator does say he hit him with his mightiest blow. Straight from the horse's mouth. And then, Sam returns it.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Gladiator does say he hit him with his mightiest blow. Straight from the horse's mouth. And then, Sam returns it.
    It is impressive. Sam took him on. Briefly. Don't they split up with the fight very much unfinished? Doesn't Gladiator arise quickly and unscathed? I doubt Sam's kinetic field absorbs heat vision. So, Sam took him on. Just not out.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto X View Post
    It is impressive. Sam took him on. Briefly. Don't they split up with the fight very much unfinished? Doesn't Gladiator arise quickly and unscathed? I doubt Sam's kinetic field absorbs heat vision. So, Sam took him on. Just not out.
    Gladiator's whole power is based on confidence. Sam just kicked him into the dirt, something he isn't used to. From there, Glads would've been his to toy with, from what I figure.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbel View Post
    There was a suggetion Bishop was related to Monet and also to Gateway. Was there ever revealed how?
    How they heck would that be? Monet is Algerian, Bishop is Australian Aborigine.
    Last edited by Robin3; 01-10-2008 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin3 View Post
    In this day and age with air travel and all, people can travel and take up residence in new places. Warpath is getting it on with a chick from space, Xavier was from the U.S. but manage to date a Scot and impregnate an Israeli, and Collosus and Kitty are from two different continents.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin3 View Post
    Her father was an Ambassador so there is always a possiblity for him to have traveled to Australia. I know she was training with Gateway during Generation X, and I thought she called him Grandfather(but im not for sure). We know from X-Treme X-Men that Gateway is Bishops great-grandfather. Bishop also seems to take an interest in the formation of the Gen X school when it is first started. And states that he remebers hearing about it from the records in his time zone.

Bishop will still be around, or at least most of him. Just you wait and see.
    Or at least thats what I think ;).

I think its so lame that they're retconning what Bishop came to the past for....but it does make for a good story(and they're hinting it) that the baby is key to Bishop's horrible future and the savior for Cable's future.

Last edited by RolandJP; 01-10-2008 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Retconning the RETCON OF BISHOP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    X-Men: The End is a non-continuity final story. Much like all the End books.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Never cared much for the whole Deathbird/Bishop thing. I think they just wanted Bishop out of the way at the time and didn't know what else to do with him now that the X-Traitor storyline had ended; so they just sent him to space...so im not a huge fan of them having a daughter to begin with.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibrakeforchinwe View Post
    I think its so lame that they're retconning what Bishop came to the past for
    they aren't. he came to apprehend Trevor Fitzroy. he met Gambit by coincidence and obviously misinterpreted the traitor stuff.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

I hate everything Claremont did with Bishop in Xtreme. I groaned when I read Claremont said he wanted Bishop for Xtreme because he felt no one had ever done anything with Bishop, then he did nothing but crap on him. His name was always Bishop, making his name Lucas Bishop was stupid IMO. That means Shard's name was Shard Bishop, like Luigi Mario... ulgghh...

Bishop should just be black, and that's it. Does it really matter if he's related to anyone in the present? And if he is, shouldn't there at least be a good story to it? Can ANYONE imagine Gateway actually getting intimate with a woman?

And he should get another ongoing series. His first limited series fighting Mountjoy was great (Mountjoy is still out there somewhere also), and Bishop: The Last X-Man was an amazing series up until the last issue. It was paced a bit slow, but honestly I love the hell out of it.
    Fitzroy was elevated from a crappy floundering nothing freak to about half-3/4 of a Magneto/Doom level villain.

I hate how everyone ignores the Bishop: The Last X-Man series, and how no writers seem to have given a crap that Bishop just basically left a kid stranded in the future, and just dropped the whole storyline like it never existed.

Also, the Witness was always Gambit. Making the Witness a time paradox character just so they could say it wasn't Gambit in Bishop's future was retarded.

Why is it they undo all Morrison's stuff but leave Claremont's ridiculous stuff in?