Page 4 of 205 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    Bishop is probably gonna be killed by Cable or Cyclops or something and Jamie and Layla might raise young Bishop in the future so that he turns out different. What I could go on to say would come out way to racially charged so I'm gonna leave it at that, but prepare to see perhaps young Bishop in the near future more than adult bishop. Also Where the hell is Shard!? This is a great opportunity to save a potential great character and bring her back and undo the crap that was Fitzroy.
    Dead. Fitzroy. Check Mutant Tracker for more details.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    If they do end up killing him off, it would be shame; but it would be kind of cool to see him get killed, but then another verison of him come from the future he has already effected.
    Meh, I don't think I'd like to see that. Just seems so convoluted, and that tends to happen so much with time-based characters.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Dead. Fitzroy. Check Mutant Tracker for more details.
    I meant now that Layla is in the future with Jamie they could reintroduce Shard Bishops little sister. Maybe give her some warning to not screw around with Fitzroy. Bring her back to life by screwing up the time stream. (if that is the same future bishop present came from.)
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedmighty View Post
    I like Bishop.

Damn shame what their donig to his character now though.
    You mean it's an awesome thing of awesomeness. It's nice that he's relevant again.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Man, for years I wanted PAD to write Bishop in his X-Factor. Even if he wasn't part of the team, but as a recurring detective, :(
    that would have been cool. Strong Guy has sort of replaced him by taking up the sheriff role.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    that would have been cool. Strong Guy has sort of replaced him by taking up the sheriff role.
    Would be cool, though, if there's some scenes of Strong Guy and Bishop sort of going head to head in disagreements. Damn, that'd be fun.

With Valerie recurring in X-Factor, I would have made some sense of Bishop appearing in his old town, especially with the friendship Val and Bishop seemed to be developing. In the X-Men: Civil War mini, it seemed as if maybe more could come out of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    You mean it's an awesome thing of awesomeness. It's nice that he's relevant again.
    Traitor, murderer, child killer(not even talking about the baby but the New X-Men)! Yeah, it is a good look for him.

Quote Originally Posted by rage6839 View Post
    Traitor, murderer, child killer(not even talking about the baby but the New X-Men)! Yeah, it is a good look for him.
    Well, he's relevant again!:p

Glad we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Glad we agree.
    Always a pleasure. May it happen to your favorite character one day. :)

Quote Originally Posted by MythicBrawn View Post
    Bishop's powers have fluctuated since he was first introduced. At first, he could only absorb energy (non-kinetic) and shoot power blasts. This fact was established when Storm threatened to shoot him with a gun to see if he would be able to absorb the energy. He couldn't at that time. As time went on, he powers were retcon'd to work on kinetic energy as well. Absorbing energy and enhancing his physical traits was also a later development. The writers must not have felt he was cool enough so they gave him a powerup. It happens to all heroes at some point. Cannonball taking out Gladiator was another example of a significant powerup.
    I was with you until the word "out." Cannonball should not have been able to take Galdiator "on" but he did. But he never came close to taking Gladiator "out."

Much as I'd like to get rid of these convoluted time travelings, I guess they just made Bishop a little more interesting than a personality-free cop of some kind. Cool to see a brother outsmart Cable (whose been called as smart and tactical as Reed Richards and Captain America put together). And he's always been powerful. I'll wait and see.
    Last edited by Magneto X; 01-10-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Always a pleasure. May it happen to your favorite character one day. :)
    There's always character turns that people don't like. It doesn't mean the character is ruined forever. Jean Grey ate a star and killed a bunch of asperagus people, for cripes sake. Charles Xavier's done things since the O5 days that have tainted him at times. Magneto's been everything from a villain to a hero. Considering I still like Beast after he allowed Sinister to take Threnody during the events of the Legacy Virus, I don't worry. Bishop is simply doing what he believes is right, in order to prevent the coming dark future.
    Last edited by Beast; 01-10-2008 at 03:04 PM.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto X View Post
    I was with you until the word "out." Cannonball should not have been able to take Galdiator "on" but he did. But he never came close to taking Gladiator "out."

Closer than anyone else I've seen.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Meh, I don't think I'd like to see that. Just seems so convoluted, and that tends to happen so much with time-based characters.
    I actually agree with you, which is why I hope they don't kill him off, it will be too tempting to bring him back that way.

This is somewhat unrelated to MC, but still related to Bishop, but did they ever fully explain Bishiops family history. I remeber long ago it being explained that Gateway was his great-grandfather. I think it was hinted at that M from Generation X was his grandmother, was his ever explained or confirmed?

I believe the M thing was proven false. She just bared a resemblance to her.