Page 3 of 205 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ibrakeforchinwe
    We dunno yet, buddy. I hope its with Psylocke, I'd love to see them together, in more ways than one ;)
    heh what about Deathbird, doesn't he owe child support or something ;)

I love Bishop my fav X-Man, unfortunately his whole history is sooooo complicated with the various different time zones he's been in.

I wouldn't be too surprised (but very disappointed) if Marvel just edged him out of X-Men

surely all the X-Men will be against the registration act?
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx.

Superman Returns - Deadbeat Dad

I think that was a joke. He was joking about Bishop's "Gay abs."
    Ah, okay. Shows what I get for mis-remembering a random post!

I suspect that Bishop will be a supporting character for a while - kind of like Forge is; perhaps New X-Men would be a good place for him to show up as a mentor/teacher.

Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar

Cannonball, didnt have a powerup to beat Gladiator. Did you read that issue? He simply used Gladiators own punch to strengthen his powers and send it back at him.
    I did read the issue. I'll call it a powerup because it's something that he's never done before and it was a significant force punch that he diverted. Colossus has hit Cannonball while blasting and diverted his flightpath. I imagine that Gladiator was going to hit him much harder since Cannonball was supposedly going to get knocked into the sun. I can get behind new uses for a character's powers since CB has been shown to be creative with his powers. But, stopping a punch that would send you to the sun says powerup to me.

Yup, most likely cuz of his grandpa Gateway. I wonder how Gateway ever got laid when all he does is sit silently on Uluru.

.......Gateway is already beyond that. Some of his children or grandchildren have been on a few X-teams already. I also doubt that he's been mute all of his life. I've read that CC wanted him to lead the X-Men? Not sure about that one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich L
    Ah, okay. Shows what I get for mis-remembering a random post!

I suspect that Bishop will be a supporting character for a while - kind of like Forge is; perhaps New X-Men would be a good place for him to show up as a mentor/teacher.
    I assume he could be a fit for X-Factor. He's an officer/detective.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop_Proudstar
    .......Gateway is already beyond that. Some of his children or grandchildren have been on a few X-teams already. I also doubt that he's been mute all of his life. I've read that CC wanted him to lead the X-Men? Not sure about that one though.
    Where are you getting this from? Gateway's past is a complete mystery.

NoYouMayNotTouchMyFro bluedmighty's Avatar

I like Bishop.

Damn shame what their donig to his character now though.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalx View Post
    Do we know where our favorite police officer from the future will endup when the change comes? Does anyone even care these days? I'm sad all my favorite x-men are really being lost in the shuffle right now.

I do like some of the recent interactions bishop has had he has come a long way from the gun slinger he was in the 90's
    i'm still obsessed with the idea of the kid version of Bishop somehow ending up in the 616. i think he'd eventually be a big hit since he's complex and has a cool power set. i think it'd be away of getting around the traitor stuff since his future self wouldn't be guilty of that. what would Bishop be like if he had been raised in the present?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

i'm still obsessed with the idea of the kid version of Bishop somehow ending up in the 616.
    I was half expecting Layla and Madrox escaping into the past with young Bishop and a camp full of mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedmighty View Post
    I like Bishop.

Damn shame what their donig to his character now though.
    I couldn't agree more. Man, I wish Claremont would have done more with the Bishop/Sage pairing. It didn't have to be romantic but they were very good together. He has a daughter, Gateway is his grandfather, Monet could possibly be his mother. The possibilities were endless......until Messiah Complex. Gotta be careful what I wish for. Wanted Bishop to be a player again but not like this. His job with SHIELD will be gone, the X-Men will have a hard time trusting him again. I do have my old books to ease the pain.

Bishop is probably gonna be killed by Cable or Cyclops or something and Jamie and Layla might raise young Bishop in the future so that he turns out different. What I could go on to say would come out way to racially charged so I'm gonna leave it at that, but prepare to see perhaps young Bishop in the near future more than adult bishop. Also Where the hell is Shard!? This is a great opportunity to save a potential great character and bring her back and undo the crap that was Fitzroy.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Man, for years I wanted PAD to write Bishop in his X-Factor. Even if he wasn't part of the team, but as a recurring detective, that would have been good to see, but nooooo. :(

Ah well, I'm enjoying him in the Messiah Complex storyline. Finally he's doing something again. I thought him being registered and working with the ONE would maybe even put him on Mighty Avengers, but whatever.

I just hope dude doesn't die. :(

Quote Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
    Thats interesting, I didn't know he could use it in that fashion. So on that same token, can he absorb the kinetic energy from a punch as well? And if he can, why the hell has he gotten decked so many times?
    because beating up Bishop is a rite of passage, its like the first step in proving that you are badass. By knocking out the guy with the big guns and muscles who with his powers should be pretty uber but never really pushed as such because it'd be kind of overwhelming you are seen as the coolest thing since whipped cream (Ask Scott it works. :p). It's amazing that people don't go knocking out Strong Guy whenever they want some face time or Colossus.
    Last edited by Kage Kisaragi; 01-10-2008 at 02:18 PM.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

If they do end up killing him off, it would be shame; but it would be kind of cool to see him get killed, but then another verison of him come from the future he has already effected.