Page 2 of 205 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ibrakeforchinwe
    If Bishop was shot by lets say a revolver, he would get shot and bleed. He would probably absorb some of the energy, but he would be injured.

If Bishop was fully powered up, he'd be pretty invulnerable so the bullet probably wouldnt hurt him that bad, but if he had just released alot of energy he'd be injured.

Bishop is able to absorb plasma, lightning, TK, TP, Temporal energies, and kinetic energy to a degree.

Cannonball, didnt have a powerup to beat Gladiator. Did you read that issue? He simply used Gladiators own punch to strengthen his powers and send it back at him.
    I kinda dislike someone has to "fire" first in order for his power to work. :( I understand he has a reserve, but if someone REALLY wanted to take him down? All they'd have to do is send in a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey
    I kinda dislike someone has to "fire" first in order for his power to work. :( I understand he has a reserve, but if someone REALLY wanted to take him down? All they'd have to do is send in a brick.

Uh, no, bishop has a pretty darn large reserve, guns, and is naturally pretty damn strong. not to mention has the fighting prowess to take out wolverine (he did it while sparring with him in a recent arc)
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher
    Uh, no, bishop has a pretty darn large reserve, guns, and is naturally pretty damn strong. not to mention has the fighting prowess to take out wolverine (he did it while sparring with him in a recent arc)
    Would all this make a difference versus someone who is super strong and highly resistant to gun or energy fire?

Also, has Bishop ever fought Sebastian Shaw?

Know-it-all... really!!! riotgear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey
    Would all this make a difference versus someone who is super strong and highly resistant to gun or energy fire?

Also, has Bishop ever fought Sebastian Shaw?
    Not that I recall. However, his grandson was once his greatest enemy: Trevor Fitzroy.

Quote Originally Posted by riotgear
    Not that I recall. However, his grandson was once his greatest enemy: Trevor Fitzroy.
    Oh I know all about the Fitzroy deal (well almost: didn't realize he was Shaw's grandson). I thought that was cool.

I wouldn't be suprised if Brubaker kills him off for shock value.

I have a growing (slightly sneaky suspicion) that he may be the last element to Carey's cast. Actually it may be a vain hope, but he'd certainly 'mix' well there.

edit: spoilers:
    The delay to his being mentioned on the roster, being as I think he may be the one to take the 'other' side in Civil War. So he'd be a real late joiner.
    end of spoilers

He'd be a pretty boring addition to that team, IMO. You don't need both Cable and Bishop on an X-team.
    For today's spandex connoisseur:
    modhero.com
    modhero on facebook

I would normally agree, however recent characterisation of Bishop has lead me to believe otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalx
    Do we know where our favorite police officer from the future will endup when the change comes? Does anyone even care these days? I'm sad all my favorite x-men are really being lost in the shuffle right now.

I do like some of the recent interactions bishop has had he has come a long way from the gun slinger he was in the 90's
    Bishop was indeed a good character,and in my guess..one of the last good characters to be created.Jim Lee drew him very well,but when Bishop began to sour,was when more of his past was reveiled.The "Lucas" Bishop,i dont see anything for him anymore.He should be killed off,or go back to his own reality..or such.

[Bishop was done very well in the 90`s X-Men cartoon.]

Quote Originally Posted by fishtaco
    I wouldn't be suprised if Brubaker kills him off for shock value.
    I think this will happen, but Claremont will kill him off in the last issue of his Uncanny run before Brubaker takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Orr
    I think this will happen, but Claremont will kill him off in the last issue of his Uncanny run before Brubaker takes over.
    Yeah, that's not going to happen. Not in a million years.

Maybe Jamie Braddock tries to mess with Bishop and Bishop absorbs the energy and gets all messed up and sent thru the time stream and is one of the Exiles many jobs?

There was a suggetion Bishop was related to Monet and also to Gateway. Was there ever revealed how?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One
    Well, he absorbs the energy, but it still hurts him. Like, if you punch Jamie Madrox, it creates a dupe, but he still feels the punch. Same with Sebastian Shaw- punch him and he'll get stronger, but he does feel it.

-D
    Are you sure?

Take a bullet for example. Bishop and Shaw would be able to absorb the kinetic energy that the bullet contains the bullet would stop and just do him no harm. Technically he can't be hurt. Same goes for Shaw but Shaw can only absorb kinetic and electrical energy.

Madrox on the other hand, his powers work do that his duping is a produce of the energy acted upon him. He is hit with Kinetic force, he feels it and a dupe if produced. The force still acts upon him.
    X-Poster of the Year 2005
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

Mutant League Winner 2006