Page 106 of 121 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1807

In Road to Civil War-Amazing Spiderman, the transition from getting the Iron-Spider costume to the actual Civil War are seemless. There are no breaks in the timeline. Thus making all Iron-Spidey appearances prior to Civil War pretty ridiculous.

Is it JMS's fault? Or were the other writers and artists in the wrong for not following the flagship title?
    Last edited by solarstorm; 01-14-2007 at 09:14 PM.

Will we see the Punisher in #7?

Just to be clear...is 42the negative zone prison, and not some other mind blowing secret?

Will the prison continue to function after the civil war? Just because I love the idea of a prison break and then a bunch of characters having to get out of the negative zone as well?

Is something being planned for Adam Warlock? I saw they were putting out an essentials with him, and I just thought the timing was interesting.

What are the chances that people other than Tony Stark and Steve ROgers would be taking up the mantles of Iron Man and Captain america?

Does Civil War lay the groundwork for the x-event this summer or are they completley seperate?

Power Man

Mr. Brevoort thank you for taking your time to answer all of our questions.

Here are mine. :)

1) Is the new Ronin, whoever it'll be, in Civil War currently, in his or her "current" costume? Or has atleast made an appearance already?

2) When is Thunderbolts taking place?

Mr. Brevoort,

after the headaches you and others have gone through trying to make this the best story possible, and in terms of a story, i would rank it 1b to shooters secret wars, will you guys be attempting such a large "crossover/event" like this in the next two or three years? (im not including title cross overs, like this summers x event or something like the avengers crossing line from a decade ago).

as always, thanks for taking the time to answer questions with your busy schedule

Mr. Brevoort,

can you give us any hints as to what '42' stands for of the 42 prison complex?

thanks

Default Tom, two things that have been bugging me:

If they have already been discussed just let me know...this thread is huge.

1)Are the pill(s) that Hank Pym pops in CW #6 just incidental or is this something that will come up again later? McNiven's art is so detailed that it's hard for me to differentiate between the two. Edit - It occured to me that YellowJacket may need to take the pill as a means to his superpowers but if I'm remembering correctly that hasn't always been the case....

2)Can you shed any light on what (at least to me) seems to be some very pointed dialogue by Miriam Thorne...For example in CW #6 she thanks Stark for helping to push her agenda. Which seems strange to include if it is a throwaway line to help characterize a character that may never appear again outside this series. There are other examples of this in 1-5. So....am I reading too much into this? Or are all of these meeting and conversations building for a practical payoff (as opposed to a story telling convention inserting the human element/concerns directly into the story).

Thanks and keep up the great work.
    Last edited by Neptunicus; 01-17-2007 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Questions 1 may be a moot point....

Mr Brevoort,

I have a question that has been bothering me throughout the entire Civil War storyline. I apologize in advance for the long post.

SHIELD, the U.S. government, and key leaders and members of both the pro and anti-regt forces all know that the Earth is constantly subjected to threats from alien races and from various cosmic forces. A host of hostile alien races, including the Skrull, the Kree, and the Badoon, have attempted to conquer the Earth at one time or another. Even as the Civil War is going on, the Annihilation wave is careening towards Earth. (Reed knows about it, because Super Skrull told him about it in the Super Skrull Annihilation mini.) Cosmic level villains such as Thanos have regularly menaced the Earth.

Furthermore, it has been mentioned at various times throughout Marvel history (Most recently in Illuminati #1) that alien races who were contemplating attacking the Earth were partially disuaded by the large powered mutant population. The vast majority of those powered mutants are now powerless. With those millions of mutants now depowered, the Earth is more vulnerable to interstellar assault than ever before.

This brings me to my question: why hasn't the danger posed by alien invasion and Cosmic beings been raised by anyone as a justification for the SHRA? Between them, Tony Stark and Reed Richards have been involved in dozens of cosmic struggles. They would know better than most how close the Earth has come to destruction at the hands of alien invaders. In fact, this issue worried them so much that it caused them to form the Illuminati. Why then wouldn't they ever mention this issue in the context of supporting the SHRA? Tony doesn't even mention the threat in that great "Casualties of War" discussion between him and Cap. He goes so far as mentioning Operation Galactic Storm, but it nevers occurs to him (or to Cap) to mention that the SHRA could help provide the Earth with a defense against highly advanced, hostile alien races. Tony and Cap mention the danger posed by Sentinels, but they ignore an arguably much larger threat looming in the background, one that was shown to have been a primary concern for Stark.

The threat posed to Marvel Earth by alien invasion and by Cosmic beings is real and constant. It seems to me that an obvious, probably even necessary, precaution to deal with that threat would be having a trained, organized force of superhumans who could be called upon by SHIELD when needed. The Earth governments don't have the technology to deal with alien / Cosmic threats; the Earth's only chance to repel such attacks is to rely on its powered beings.

The SHRA forces superhumans to register, to train, and to subject themselves to conscription. It seems very unrealistic that someone championing the SHRA cause would fail to raise the issue of alien / Cosmic threats as a main justification for it. As a long time Marvel reader, I believe that Tony and Reed, people who have extensively dealt with dangerous alien/Cosmic threats, should have thought to argue that a trained superhuman force is necessary to protect the Earth from such threats. Afterall, the premise behind the Illuminati sets the stage for the pro-reg to use this issue as the main justification for the SHRA. It would be one of the strongest arguments for registration, and should be very persuasive to super human and common man alike. Is there some reason why this justification was set up in the Illuminati, only to be ignored in the context of justifying the SHRA?
    Last edited by roundman; 01-18-2007 at 06:54 PM.

This is a Q&A thread, not a discussion thread. The questions come from you, the answers come from Mr. Brevoort. If you want to discuss a topic and address each other, you've got the rest of the Civil War Forum to do that. This thread is about Civil War questions for Tom Brevoort only. As tempted as you may be to answer another poster's question, reply to another poster, offer background detail, or go off on a tangent, don't. Thank you.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

"Metaphors? I hate metaphors! That's why my favorite book is Moby Dick. No frou-frou symbolism, just a good simple tale about a man who hates an animal." ~Ron Swanson

Tom is Ares going to appear at all in one of the Civil War books? If not were there ever any plans to have Ares be in Civil War? Any chance members of the Clan Destine will be making an appearance? I really find it odd that Marvel would not try to hype these characters up in some way in an event as large as Civil War before the new Clan Destine title and Mighty Avengers books come out. Each month I have been waiting and waiting for Ares to show up and do something. Anything, but he has yet to show.
    Last edited by drwho; 01-19-2007 at 06:41 PM.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

One of the Good Guys maniacmatt's Avatar

Did you answer Deadpool's question (latest C&DP) or did he have to figure it out himself? And did he give you the ass-kicking you deserve for not putting him on the New Avengers?

That aside, great work on Civil War, keep it up. Was that SHIELD agent that told Pym that Poseidon turned a weird color really Hulkling?

What is up with this, Is steve rogers really going to be the new Iron Man or is this just planted.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...V46364573_.jpg

Now that some of the post-CW landscape has been revealed with books like New Avengers,Mighty Avengers,and so on,what's going to happen to alot of the supporting cast from the main book?

Characters like Hercules,Falcon,and Cloak & Dagger are nowhere to be seen in upcoming solicits.

Hi Tom, I had a question about that key Baron Zemo gave Cap in Thunderbolts. Can we pressume that he used the key to get into the negative zone prison in the last issue of Civil War? Or is it something that will be used at a later date? Or will we likely never hear or see anything of it again? I was just curious if it was something we should keep an eye out for or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Adler View Post
    Why would anybody want a character they cared about to be altered to the point where they bear no resemblance to the incarnation they supposedly cared about?
    This presupposes that everybody feels the same way about this as you do, Matt.

To use an analogy, at the time he was on the book, many argued that Frank Miller turned DAREDEVIL into something unrecognizable, that his entire personality changed, that his world became dark and grim and gritty, that his origin was modified and unnecessary retcons such as Stick were introduced. But in the long run, all tht stuff worked, and more people were either okay with it, or became interested in the character after the changes.

Tom B