Page 108 of 121 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1807

Quote Originally Posted by roundman View Post
    But Captain America certainly knows that the threat is there. You'd think that it would at least be worth a mention when people already in the know are arguing about whether the act is justified. Is the fear of being run by sentinels any worse than than the fear of being conquered by the Kree / Skrull / etc. or dominated by Thanos?
    Two points on this:

1) The first person who uses this as an argument in public, on either side, is going to lose. This'd be like Hilary Clinton in her announcement about throwing her hat into the Presidential Race, saying that she wants to be president to protect us from alien threats. Their credibility would be completely shot.

2) The Earth and its superhumans have done just fine in terms of beating back alien invaders so far without a Registration Act.

Tom B

Three more questions, Tom- and thanks as always

-Back in an interview from Spring 2006, either you or Joe Q- I think it was you- was asked about key players and mentioned Cap, Spidey and IM- but said there were also two others who wouldn't be revealed yet but came into play later on. Were these two Punisher and Clor or others- or would you rather comment on this after CW7?

-FF 542. You had to know this was coming. Where does it fall in the timeline- I assume it's in the period of days between FF 540 and Sue's letter? So if i understand correctly, Sue walks out on Reed, days later (since The Thing had already gone to France) Johnny has a conversation with Reed, Sue returns to argue with Reed when The Thinker is there, THEN Sue leaves him a letter? After he already knows she's with the Secret Avengers?

Or do we place his meeting with Johnny AFTER the letter wich makes more sense in some ways and less in others so that when Reed says "If I had any proof..." he means besides the letter. Or...

Well to be frank, where the hell does FF 542 go in the timeline?

-And finally... Oeming mentioned Omega Flight was a mini because of the number of ongoings spinning out of civil war. But AFAIK, the only post-CW series that we know of which may be an ongoing is... New Warriors. And now apparantly MAYBE Captain Marvel. So in terrms of post-CW new books, please tell me if I missed anything:

Omega Flight (mini)
    Namor (mini)
    Avengers: The Initiative (mini)
    The Initiative (one-shot)
    New Warriors (?)
    Captain Marvel (?)
    CW: Fallen Son (mini)

Are there other big projects we don't know about? Or did this include Heroes For Hire, Punisher War Journal, etc- which may make more sense. Please clarify.

As always- THANKS!
    Last edited by Magneto Rocks; 01-27-2007 at 01:39 PM.
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brevoort View Post
    Two points on this:
    The Earth and its superhumans have done just fine in terms of beating back alien invaders so far without a Registration Act.

Tom B
    Every attempt to impose Sentinel rule has been beaten back / defeated by metahumans, yet that hasn't stopped Tony Stark from using that as a justification for the SHRA. Just because the heroes stopped something by the skin of their teeth in the past doesn't mean that the same issue can't be a legitimate concern for the future. If the concern about alien / Cosmic invasion wasn't a salient issue, then why was it set up in Illuminati as being so important?

I can accept that the pro-reg heroes didn't use the anti-alien angle to justify the SHRA to the public because of the credibility and disclosure concerns. However, as a longtime Marvel fan, I still find it hard to believe that Tony would never bring up the alien threat to Cap and co., especially since both men have fought against aliens so frequently over the past 40 years AND since Tony so recently championed the idea of creating a permanent force to combat such invasion.

Regardless of our differences of opinion, I thank you for your time. :)
    Last edited by roundman; 01-20-2007 at 09:58 PM.

Your Dipping Sauce Bitch. Taniwha's Avatar

Default Prodigy

Tom,

I stopped reading CW after issue 4, but my bandmate's been giving me the skinny on the issues as he reads them. As we approach issue 7, I find my interest returning, even though I know I won't read much Marvel after the CW if Tony's side wins.

I've heard alot of back and forth about how the Superhero Registration Act is written vaguely, or handled different from comic to comic. Gotta see I can see the point there, and I have to ask...

Why is Prodigy in Tony's prison camp? Would a guy like him, who has no powers, and just has a fancy suit, even have to register? Or would they just take his powersuit away?

Is dissenting the SHRA a crime that would land a non-super-powered individual in superprison?

Why did Stilt-Man, who was just a guy in a mech suit, have to register? Wouldn't they just take his stilts away?

Would Tony, if not for his little Extremis problem, have to register? Or Titanium Man?

I guess I don't get it. Rhodey ain't registered as a superhero, right? Why would Prodigy be?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by feedbackjonze View Post
    Just to be clear...is 42the negative zone prison, and not some other mind blowing secret?
    There's a little bit more to it than that, as you'll see in CIVIL WAR #7.

Quote:
    Will the prison continue to function after the civil war? Just because I love the idea of a prison break and then a bunch of characters having to get out of the negative zone as well?
    Wait and see.

Quote:
    Is something being planned for Adam Warlock? I saw they were putting out an essentials with him, and I just thought the timing was interesting.
    Wait and see. Maybe he's the character who comes back in CIVIL WAR: THE RETURN...

Quote:
    What are the chances that people other than Tony Stark and Steve ROgers would be taking up the mantles of Iron Man and Captain america?
    Wait and see.

Now if I wait, can you give me any hints on what I might see?

Just kidding. thanks for taking the time to answer what you can, and making sure I lose sleep over the stuff you can't answer.

Hey Tom,

Thanks for all the feedback and amazingly large amount of patience.

My question:

Where is the Iron Spidey suit?

Tom-
    I am worried. Captain America has been one of my favorite titles in the past 30+ years. I started in the Sal Buscema era. My concern is that large Marvel events have a habit of torpedoing great Cap teams. During Heroes Reborn, we lost Waid & Garney in the midst of a brilliant run. Now we have Civil War....and it's right in the midst of maybe the greatest Cap team ever---Brubaker, Epting, and Perkins. Ease our worry....Are these guys going to be allowed to stick around for awhile?

Thanks!

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brevoort View Post
    For the same reason it never gets brought up in real life: the average person in the Marvel Universe doesn't believe in the existence or presence of hostile alien life, and the folks who know better would rather keep it that way.

Tom B
    Wait, what? We the readers are actually supposed to believe that the average person in the MU doesn't believe in the presense of hostile alien life, despite NUMEROUS encounters and engagements and battles with MANY different alien species? Right out in the open?

Or did nobody in New York actually NOTICE Galactus any of those times he came to Earth? And thats just one example!

I'm sorry, I certainly don't agree that Cap would be able to use the Alien Invasion argument in his anti-reg stance, as Iron Man could of course easily say "yeah, but we'll be defending the Earth from these threats with a fully trained, registered coordinated force."
    But saying that he can't use that argument because most of the average human citizens of the MU don't BELIEVE in aliens? THATS pushing things pretty far.
    www.keithmartineau.com/blog
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2006
    --- Toldja I was right. ---

Tom was the original idea of who would be spoilers:
    Captain Marvel
    end of spoilers changed. The reason I ask is I recall Joe Quesada giving interviews last year that the person that was to take up the mantle was currently appearing somewhere in the books that year. So, any chance you could tell us what the original plans were?
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Well Warlock, wasn't in the return. But thanks for the masterworks, I'll be picking that up and dreaming of what could have been.

Only question, how many days of discussion did it take for everybody to agree on who was coming back in the return? Was it a fight, or was it more like "Ahhhhh what the hell."

On Marvel.com at the Civil war section it says Thorgirl is on the Pro-side. But as far as I know she has not appeared in any Civil War or tie-inn series atall, so why is she on the list when she plays no role at all?

Tom, sorry if you've already answered this question. But when does Silent War fit into the Civil War time frame? I assume it's before Civil War started since the FF seems together and Johnney isn't injured.

Can you comment on the claim made here (http://comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13) that the fake "Iron Man: Steve Rogers" came from Marvel itself?

And in general about mock leaks or claims that creators "lied" about certain story elements, when do you think something no longer becomes fans and creators having fun out guessing each other but comes "am I really spending 2.99 so someone can badly photoshop pictures"?

Tom, some slightly different questions from usual

-"You-know-who"'s return seemed a little oddly placed. Can we expect to see this character- even in the background= in Civil War #7?

-What was the reason for the Sentry back-up story in "The Return"? We already knew Sentry's motives for supporting Registration via New Avengers #24 so the story in "The Return" seemed more than a little odd.

-Can you talk at all about Fantastic Four #543? It's an anniversary issue but we don't know... well much about it at all beyond that the main story is (I believe) 30 pages long. #540-#542 have played around with post-CIvil War #4 but this is the finale- Does it play off or around the events of Civil War #7?

-Will we actually see a BATTLE in FF 543? Besides the Yancy Street engagement in 539, we have yet to see really any action in FF.

-Will the new Thor series play off the events of Civil War at all?

-I've asked you this before but just to clarify- You've mentioned that the Final Battle spills over a little into Frontline #10/#11 and Amazing Spider-Man #538. Does it spill into any other books- Black Panther, FF etc?
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto Rocks View Post
    -Back in an interview from Spring 2006, either you or Joe Q- I think it was you- was asked about key players and mentioned Cap, Spidey and IM- but said there were also two others who wouldn't be revealed yet but came into play later on. Were these two Punisher and Clor or others- or would you rather comment on this after CW7?
    I'd need to be pointed to teh exact quote to be able to tell you for certain exactly who was meant (especially if it was a Joe Q quote rather than from me.) But it very well may have been the Punisher and Thor.

-FF 542. Where does it fall in the timeline- I assume it's in the period of days between FF 540 and Sue's letter? So if i understand correctly, Sue walks out on Reed, days later (since The Thing had already gone to France) Johnny has a conversation with Reed, Sue returns to argue with Reed when The Thinker is there, THEN Sue leaves him a letter? After he already knows she's with the Secret Avengers?

Or do we place his meeting with Johnny AFTER the letter wich makes more sense in some ways and less in others so that when Reed says "If I had any proof..." he means besides the letter. Or...
    FF #542 takes place well after the letter, and well after Sue and Johnny have linked up with Cap's guys (and been chased around Manhattan in CIVIL WAR #5.) Reed knows exactly what the score is, but chooses not to do anything about it--it's also why Johnny makes the quip about needing to get back to toppling the Pro-Registration side when Reed asks him to accompany him to see the Thinker.

-And finally... Oeming mentioned Omega Flight was a mini because of the number of ongoings spinning out of civil war. But AFAIK, the only post-CW series that we know of which may be an ongoing is... New Warriors. And now apparantly MAYBE Captain Marvel. So in terrms of post-CW new books, please tell me if I missed anything:

Omega Flight (mini)
    Namor (mini)
    Avengers: The Initiative (mini)
    The Initiative (one-shot)
    New Warriors (?)
    Captain Marvel (?)
    CW: Fallen Son (mini)

Are there other big projects we don't know about? Or did this include Heroes For Hire, Punisher War Journal, etc- which may make more sense. Please clarify.
    I think the mistake is really in Mike's quote: OMEGA FLIGHT is a limited series because of the number of PROJECTS spinning out of CIVIL WAR, including most of what you've listed above and a few others. There's only so much money in the marketplace, and only so many books the average reader's wallet can absorb at any given time. And it's far better to build a project as a limited from the get-go than to launch it as an ongoig and have it get cancelled 8 issues in because the reader interest and support simply isn't there. This way, if the thing does sell well, we can do more.

Tom B