Page 107 of 121 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1807

Quote Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
    There seem to be huge contradictions between Amazing Spider-Man 535 and Civil War 6 in regards to the prison's security. According to ASM, the passwords to even get past the first check are reassigned randomly every ten minutes. And yet in CW, Falcon mentions that they've "obtained the codes" and that, apparently, is enough to get them in. Was their entry really less than ten minutes after they got the most recent code? In addition to the password problem, ASM shows that entry to the actual building means going through a "five-point ID scan": handprint, fingerprint, bone configuration, blood type and DNA sample. Sidestepping the question of how Captain America and his troops got in (since by this point it seems like the only possible explanation is Iron Man let them in), how did Hulkling release the prisoners? In CW, Reed claims that "If he could mimic Hank's voice and retinal pattern he's had full authority to do whatever we can.", but we already know that's not the case. Hulkling wouldn't have even been able to get in if he weren't following Reed and Tony- he'd be caught at the DNA sample. And yet he's been given enough authority by the computer to open all the cells? Is the security inside the building really so lax that all that is needed for that operation is a voice and retinal pattern?!

I understand that there might not have been time in the main series to deal with information from tie-ins, but this is the climax of the story- wouldn't it have made sense to show how difficult it was to get in, instead of having them waltz past all the security as if it's not a concern?
    We'll see a little bit more of the break-in operation in BLACK PANTHER #24, but the real answer here is that, yes, this is the climax of the story, and so I suspect most people (including the creators themselves) would rather move ahead to the confrontation between the opposing forces rather than illustrating in meticulous detail the steps the Anti-Reg forces used to get in. They've got guys on their squad of super-intelligence, guys whose whole M.O. is being able to steal anything, and guys whose whole M.O. is being able to overcome everything, so I don't think it's that big a stretch to assume that they could get done what needed to get done.

On the subject of the password-changes, though, even that seems like it must be defeatable, in that, if the password changes that frequently, there must either be a system that provides the new password to everybody who's entitled to have it on a ten-minute basis, or there's a system by which a new password is generated every ten minutes--and if that's the case, then all you need to do is either gain access to the system that hands out the new passwords, or crack the cypher that indicates the pattern of the new passwrods.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by solarstorm View Post
    In Road to Civil War-Amazing Spiderman, the transition from getting the Iron-Spider costume to the actual Civil War are seemless. There are no breaks in the timeline. Thus making all Iron-Spidey appearances prior to Civil War pretty ridiculous.
    No, there are breaks in the timeline, several of them. The amount of time between when Spidey gets the new costume right after "The Other" and the beginning of CIVIL WAR is a span of weeks, at least.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by The-Punisher View Post
    Will we see the Punisher in #7?
    Wait and see.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by feedbackjonze View Post
    Just to be clear...is 42the negative zone prison, and not some other mind blowing secret?
    There's a little bit more to it than that, as you'll see in CIVIL WAR #7.

Will the prison continue to function after the civil war? Just because I love the idea of a prison break and then a bunch of characters having to get out of the negative zone as well?
    Wait and see.

Is something being planned for Adam Warlock? I saw they were putting out an essentials with him, and I just thought the timing was interesting.
    Wait and see. Maybe he's the character who comes back in CIVIL WAR: THE RETURN...

What are the chances that people other than Tony Stark and Steve ROgers would be taking up the mantles of Iron Man and Captain america?
    Wait and see.

Does Civil War lay the groundwork for the x-event this summer or are they completley seperate?
    They're completely separate.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    1) Is the new Ronin, whoever it'll be, in Civil War currently, in his or her "current" costume? Or has atleast made an appearance already?
    Sorry, but I'm not ready to start handing out clues yet. Maybe after the new Ronin makes his first appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    2) When is Thunderbolts taking place?
    Right now, more or less.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by Peeps View Post
    will you guys be attempting such a large "crossover/event" like this in the next two or three years? (im not including title cross overs, like this summers x event or something like the avengers crossing line from a decade ago).
    Two to three years is a long time, so it's impossible to accurately predict that far down the line. But at the moment, there are no plans for anything coming up as large or as sweeping as CIVIL WAR. There'll still be crossovers, but they'll be a little bit more self-contained.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by MAK15 View Post
    can you give us any hints as to what '42' stands for of the 42 prison complex?
    This'll be revealed in CIVIL WAR #42 on one of the last pages, so at this point I'd rather you wait and see.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunicus View Post
    1)Are the pill(s) that Hank Pym pops in CW #6 just incidental or is this something that will come up again later?
    They're just incidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunicus View Post
    2)Can you shed any light on what (at least to me) seems to be some very pointed dialogue by Miriam Thorne...For example in CW #6 she thanks Stark for helping to push her agenda. Which seems strange to include if it is a throwaway line to help characterize a character that may never appear again outside this series. There are other examples of this in 1-5. So....am I reading too much into this? Or are all of these meeting and conversations building for a practical payoff (as opposed to a story telling convention inserting the human element/concerns directly into the story).
    Sorry, wait and see. You're kind of asking me to either confirm or deny miriam as a factor in the climax, and I'd rather not do that at this point.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by roundman View Post
    This brings me to my question: why hasn't the danger posed by alien invasion and Cosmic beings been raised by anyone as a justification for the SHRA?
    For the same reason it never gets brought up in real life: the average person in the Marvel Universe doesn't believe in the existence or presence of hostile alien life, and the folks who know better would rather keep it that way.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Tom is Ares going to appear at all in one of the Civil War books? If not were there ever any plans to have Ares be in Civil War? Any chance members of the Clan Destine will be making an appearance? I really find it odd that Marvel would not try to hype these characters up in some way in an event as large as Civil War before the new Clan Destine title and Mighty Avengers books come out. Each month I have been waiting and waiting for Ares to show up and do something. Anything, but he has yet to show.
    Neither Ares nor the ClanDestine characters will be appearing in CIVIL WAR. And we don't always include characters solely to hype them--we figure out which characters best serve the story we're trying to tell. Ares will next be seen in MIGHTY AVENGERS #1, and the ClanDestine are all British, and so are unaffected directly by the Registration Act.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmatt View Post
    Did you answer Deadpool's question (latest C&DP) or did he have to figure it out himself? And did he give you the ass-kicking you deserve for not putting him on the New Avengers?
    I haven't even seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmatt View Post
    That aside, great work on Civil War, keep it up. Was that SHIELD agent that told Pym that Poseidon turned a weird color really Hulkling?
    Yes, that guy was Hulkling.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by spidervenom View Post
    What is up with this, Is steve rogers really going to be the new Iron Man or is this just planted.
    Wait and see.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brevoort View Post
    For the same reason it never gets brought up in real life: the average person in the Marvel Universe doesn't believe in the existence or presence of hostile alien life, and the folks who know better would rather keep it that way.

Tom B
    But Captain America certainly knows that the threat is there. You'd think that it would at least be worth a mention when people already in the know are arguing about whether the act is justified. Is the fear of being run by sentinels any worse than than the fear of being conquered by the Kree / Skrull / etc. or dominated by Thanos?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Starkz View Post
    Now that some of the post-CW landscape has been revealed with books like New Avengers,Mighty Avengers,and so on,what's going to happen to alot of the supporting cast from the main book?

Characters like Hercules,Falcon,and Cloak & Dagger are nowhere to be seen in upcoming solicits.
    Again, this is another "wait and see." Who knows if any of these haracters will walk out of CIVIL WAR #7 unscathed?

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hi Tom, I had a question about that key Baron Zemo gave Cap in Thunderbolts. Can we pressume that he used the key to get into the negative zone prison in the last issue of Civil War? Or is it something that will be used at a later date? Or will we likely never hear or see anything of it again? I was just curious if it was something we should keep an eye out for or not.
    You may yet hear about it again--Zemo gave it to Cap and told him it'd be useful if and when he was arrested or incarcerated in the prison. So it's possible that it was one of the factors used to break into the prison and defeat teh security, but as we haven't seen it on camera again yet, it's stil out there...

Tom B