Page 71 of 121 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1807

Quote Originally Posted by IMJ
    What can you tell us about Iron Man's Civil War issues and the plans for the title itself after Civil War (e.g., who's the creative team, whats the direction, is there going to be another friggin' renumbering -please tell me there isn't-).
    The series will continue to be written by Dan & Charles Knauf and penciled by Patrick Zircher, and there'll be no renumbering.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcat
    After reading #4 I think I saw Deprii, Silhoutte, Justice, Living Lightning, Triathlon, Firebird and Monica Rambeau (Pulsar), with the anti/side. Can you confirm if this is correct or did I mention some who weren´t there?
    I believe everybody you mentioned was there.

Also who else can be considered confirmed to have joined the anti side after the death of Goliath?
    You'll have to keep reading to find out.

Is Pulsar the only member of Next wave who joined the antiside or did the other join too?
    Monica and Aaron are all we've seen so far.

Is CW leading to another major crossover?
    Nope.

Since when did Silhoutte became a hero again? I though she quit being a hero a long time ago. Is this because her former lover Night Trasher died?
    Who said she's operating as a hero?

Is the former defender now called Nighthawl or Nighthawk?
    Nighthawk. Why, did we call him Nighthawl at some point?

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by DEWLine
    Is Blade currently officially registered under the SRA? I noticed from the first issue of his new series that he's working closely with SHIELD's Howling Commandos operation, but I want to be clear on this one.
    Assume nothing until he or anybody else is depicted as being registered or not regiatered. Or just wait until the CIVIL WAR tie-in in BLADE #5.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan76
    Everyone is assuming Thor and the rest of the 'new heroes' to be pure clones, just organic, but I believe Mark Millar (in a panel description posted at Newsarama) wanted to show that inside of Thor's head was a bunch of mechanical thingees :D
    So my question is: are they clones or an army of largely organic robots?
    You'll know more once CIVIL WAR #5 comes out.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by bulbasteve
    What was the deal with ASM 534 and Pete saying that Tony was spying on him and only Aunt May and MJ knew about his Spidey sense? When as recently as Friendly #4 he was telling Stark about it?

I don't mean to get all continuity police, but is this meant as a retcon or is spidey just getting paranoid? I guess that could answer some questions about Pete's state of mind during Civil War...
    You could take it that Pete was getting paranoid, or you could take it that he was referring to the capability of his new suit to analyze his capabilities, including his spider-sense--assuming that it can actually do that, of course.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmatt
    The Wizard Civil War Quiz aks:
    - Civil War brings out the dark side of one hero. Which one will restort to brutal torture?
    Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Namor

Could we consider what Namor did in Wolverine 45 to Nitro as torture?
    I dunno--could you?

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull
    Hey Tom! Any plans for the Eternals Post-CW?
    Absolutely.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoom
    Any chance of the 'New Thunderbolts' (as seen in Civil War 4) sticking around as an (un)official team?
    There should be some more news about the future of the THUNDERBOLTS coming this week.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by overcomebyfumes
    Given the flack you guys have been getting about how biased in favor of the anti-registration resistance that Civil War has been so far, do you feel that you guys misjudged this?
    Not particulary, no. As Joe said, we knew that going into this story, before a single page was drawn, 90% or more of the hardcore fans would more naturally side with Cap's Anti-Registration stance, both because he's Captain America, and because it's always easier to root for the underdog against a monolithic entity like the government.

But that doesn't mean we should try to manipulate the situation by having Cap kick some puppies--that won't make the Pro-Reg side more sympathetic, it'll only create more ill-will for the characters on the Anti side.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by lordlad
    what do you think of this Civil War timeline list?
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ad.php?t=87090
    I just glanced at it now, and there are some things it gets wrong. But it's a decent start.

Quote Originally Posted by lordlad
    And will Marvel publish somekind of read order list or book for Civil War? The current checklist cards were just based on publishing dates and not on stories.
    The read-order list is when the individual books are issued. We figure that the average reader is going to be able to piece the general timeline together well enough on their own, and won't need their hand held to be able to do this.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brevoort
    The series will continue to be written by Dan & Charles Knauf and penciled by Patrick Zircher, and there'll be no renumbering.

Tom B
    No chance of Shellhead getting an issue 500, then? Seems strange, considering how much you guys have been pushing the character since the relaunch...

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL
    1. Couldn't the Thing take Reed and Sue's children with him to France to escape the war, because last time I check he was Franklin Richards' godfather ?
    Perhaps he could have, but he's not the children's legal guardian--and he has his own problems to contend with.

2. I'm confused on the relationship between Agent 13 and Captain America, is real or is it all fake and is part of the Red Skull latest's plan ?
    Wait and see.

3. There was a moment during Cable and Deadpool's tie-in to Civil War where Deadpool was serious for a moment and gave out his feeling on where he stand, to tell you the truth I don't understand the ending in which cable stated that they know where they stood during the war, care to explain what he meant ?
    Not especially, to be honest. I feel like, when it comes to this sort of thing, the readers should be able to find their interpretation from what's shown in the books.

4. Just how long does the Spider-man Unmasked event going to last and will it cover almost everyone associated with Peter over the years and their thoughts of the unmasking ?
    No, it won't cover everybody, nor is that its purpose. As I recall, it covers something like four issues of SENSATIONAL and three or four issues of FRIENDLY. That's it.

5. Could you explain JJJ's Position during Civil War since Parker's Unmasking ?
    That's a job for the stories, not for me.

6. Also while I was wondering will we see a Post Unmasking confrontation in the future between Peter and JJJ along with other Bugle staff members that have associated with Peter or Spider-man over the years ?
    Wait and see.

7. Also since Wolverine tie-in adventure to Civil War is ending soon will it confirm where Wolverine stand in Civil War just like X-factor tie in told us that X-factor is against the SHRA ?
    Wait and see.

Tom B

Hi Tom,

I've been enjoying reading through some of these questions (as i really don't have time to read through 70 pages), and want to thank you for your time.

My questions relate to the battle on Yancy Street that happens in FF and ASM (don't remember issue numbers, but i'm sure you know which battle i'm referring to).

1. How long after the Thor battle at the start of CW #4 did this take place?

2. Why were the reactions of those involved not more extreme (due to the recent death of Goliath)? We don't hear anything about the Thor battle, and no hesitation from any of the anti-reg to face the pro-reg. I figured that there would be something mentioned, because everyone was in a lot of shock and knew that they were outgunned with Thor on board with pro-reg. Is this because those issues shipped earlier than CW #4, or are there other reasons for it?

Can heroes retire if they want to under registration?
    Yes, though they still need to be Registered--and it's not impossible that, in a time of emergency, they might be called upon for their special abilities. But nobody is forced to be a super hero or a SHIELD operative.

We got two totally different portrayls of the Negative Zone prison in this months Amazing Spider-Man and Frontline. One is high tech where each cell Stark says is custom built for each power, with very humane conditions. The other was just dirt floors with no beds or seeming medical support and they even had a super able to kill himself. Millar said on his forum the ASM one is correct, but then why is the portrayal in Frontline what it is? Is it a deliberately untrue account since it is Speedball talking to his mother who basically disowned him last we saw her?
    I don't really see as much of a discrepancy between the two depictions as you do, but keep in mind that the prison is a work in progress at this point. But I think you're jumping to conclusions a little bit in saying that the place had dirt floors and no beds in FRONT LINE.

And what is up with comparing the pro side to Nazis in the back of Frontline? I know you have defended the backups in the past and I agree the more I thought about it.... but Nazis?! Can you really blame people for calling the pro-reg side the bad guys when those are the comparisons made? I don't even think I have seen one of the back ups portray pro-reg as heroic, will that be happening at some point? Now to be fair I guess technically SHIELD was being compared to Nazis, does that make Iron Man Vichy France? :p
    Wait a minute, when were the pro-reg guys compared to the Nazis in FRONT LINE? I think the most that went on was putting them in an analogous position in a dogfight--and that's hardly the same thing, at least from my perspective.

And speaking of Frontline what the heck was the Atlantian saying? Man you better tell us or I'll demand my 25 cents back for those 3 or so pages! :D
    He was saying, "Good luck getting your quarter back!" More precisely, he was getting instructions relayed to him by his superiors.

Tom B

Quote Originally Posted by IMJ
    Is the Tony Stark being shown in the Civil War mini and the crossovers the regular, 616 Universe Tony or is there a possibility that he is the Stark depicted recently in Marvel Team Up? Additionally, why hasn't there been any reference to Iron Man's Extremis state in Civil War?
    The Tony in CIVIL WAR isn't the Iron Maniac from MARVEL TEAM-UP. And there hasn't been an opportunity or a need to mention Tony's new abilities in CIVIL WAR, in the same way that we haven't seen Spider-Man use all of the funky abilities in his new costume in the series either.

Tom B