Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    There's a rumor floating around that Guns & Roses with Matt Sorum on drums is reuniting and Velvet Revolver is splitting up.

Big rumor and completely unconfirmed, but it's out there.
    The former Guns n Roses photographer floated something close to that weeks ago. The Rock Festivels overseas on his website he claimed the original Guns n Roses had reformed to work those shows. It grew bigger and all and it was revealed to be false as he removed that quote from his site.

Wierdly Tommy Stinson...so loyal behind Guns n Roses has joined Soul Asylum .
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1
    In news that makes me question why.....Velvet Revolver has hired a rap producer to work thier next album.
    It could work. Rick Rubin started as a rap producer, if I recall correctly.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Wierdly Tommy Stinson...so loyal behind Guns n Roses has joined Soul Asylum .
    Soul Asylum are still together?

Who knows, maybe he got the urge to actually release a record and play some concerts, instead of...whatever it is that Axl Rose's solo project does with their time.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Vagabonds and children Adam Crocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X
    Soul Asylum are still together?
    Apparently they are with a new album on the way no less.

Who knows, maybe he got the urge to actually release a record and play some concerts, instead of...whatever it is that Axl Rose's solo project does with their time.
    You left out being tired of shilling for a man who will never deliver.

With regards to Tommy Stinson, apparently sports-talk radio "icon" and ESPN television talking head Jim Rome is a huge fan of The Replacements. Not too long ago, Paul Westerburg was on, and Rome mentioned that he had had Stinson on the show prior to that and Stinson claimed that working with Axl Rose was easier than working with Westerburg. Rome then asked him if he had anything to say about that, and Westerburg laughed and told him that Tommy was right, that he was more difficult to work with than a room full of Axl Rose's. After the interview was over there was about a half hour or so of talk about the Replacements, and apparently Stinson's work with Soul Asylum is limited to the studio, and that he has no plans on playing with them in a concert situation. What was really exciting though, was the fact that three of the original Replacements, Westerburg, Stinson, and the drummer whose name escapes me at the moment, are actually working together in the studio on two brand new songs to be included in a new Replacements anthology called Don't You Know Who I Think I Am? that's supposed to be released this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis K
    What was really exciting though, was the fact that three of the original Replacements, Westerburg, Stinson, and the drummer whose name escapes me at the moment, are actually working together in the studio on two brand new songs to be included in a new Replacements anthology called Don't You Know Who I Think I Am? that's supposed to be released this summer.

That is exciting. Chris Mars was the drummer.

rob
    "T is for Tank,
    and T is for Terror,
    and K is the K
    for Killing in Error."
    --Leona Ozaki, _Dominion_, Masamune Shirow

Is it me or does even with Axl Rose's non album being released yet , Guns n Roses seems to touch a lot of bands. Like having guys who have played for the Replacements to guys forming Velvet Revolver ! Its like Guns n Roses seems to link to a lot on this thread. ;)
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

It could work. Rick Rubin started as a rap producer, if I recall correctly.

Slash and Duff wanna make a dance record though. Granted I think Slash has the chops to do it , its something I really don't wanna see Velvet Revolver do. I'd rather see great awesome guitars jammin.

Default Guns n Roses...comes to New York !

The Axl Rose led band will be heading to New York May 15th & 17th . ECW's not the only one playing in the Hammerstien Ballroom...Guns n Roses will be playing there. Then the Band heads overseas to Europe for 17 dates.

The shows will start at 7:30 and theres no word on an opening band or any. Tickets for the show will set you back $ 63 bucks and will go on sale April 21st at 10am !

Matt Sorum was in New York playing with an all-star band ( including Shooter Jennings , Jerry Cantrell , Dave Naverro ect ect) when he ran into Axl Rose. The 2 exchange pleasent words and shook hands. Sorum told Rose that he had no problems with him and that when he was in Guns n Roses he was always a great front man.

Sorum says it was an all around great meeting and he had a good vibe there. I wonder what Velvet Revolver thinks of this meeting of old bandmates ?

credit:

www.mtv.com

The Axl Rose led band will be heading to New York May 15th & 17th . ECW's not the only one playing in the Hammerstien Ballroom...Guns n Roses will be playing there. Then the Band heads overseas to Europe for 17 dates.
    I wonder how many Axl will bother actually showing up for this time?

No idea. He seems better when he's allowed to do big shows rather than Tours . I actually think if he ever does a US deal , he should just do limited big US dates and stay away from doing Tours.

The over/under in Vegas is 4.

I wonder...if theres a riot in the Hammerstein Ballroom how torn the hell it will be ?

I wonder...if theres a riot in the Hammerstein Ballroom how torn the hell it will be ?

Uh, once more, in English please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis K
    Uh, once more, in English please.
    I'm saying...since Axl does have a tendicy to not show up , how bad will fans react in that place . Can the Hammerstein Ballroom handle a riot the factor of Guns n Roses pissed off fans ? ;)