Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by howyadoin
    They both ODed on heroin during concerts.

Damn...that puts an errie feeling on " Knocking on Heaven's Door " . I got some bootlegs of Duff pretty drunk trying to sing eithor... " Rocket Queen " or " New Rose " lol. Its all garbled.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1
    Damn...that puts an errie feeling on " Knocking on Heaven's Door " . I got some bootlegs of Duff pretty drunk trying to sing eithor... " Rocket Queen " or " New Rose " lol. Its all garbled.
    I saw it on some MTV special. Might've been a VH1 Storytellers thing, but I'm honestly not sure.

And yeah, it wasn't pretty.
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:
    "sao paulo" ~ the deadstring brothers

I think some people who have the " micro manage" style like Axl were born that way. That if its not done on his time he hates it. The director for the " Sweet Child of Mine " music video says Axl would no show for hours and the band had no clue where he was at lol.

Then he walked in after midnight. The Director wanted to wait til morning to shoot it or the next day since Rose had made him wait , but Axl told him he eithor shot it then when he was ready or he'd leave. The guy shot it then.
    That's not "micro-managing", that's being a totally self-centred wanker.

How many members of Guns'n'Roses does it take to change a lightbulb?

Just one. Axl holds the lightbulb up, and the whole world revolves around him.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X

Just one.
    That's because there aren't any others.
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:
    "sao paulo" ~ the deadstring brothers

I think some people who have the " micro manage" style like Axl were born that way. That if its not done on his time he hates it. The director for the " Sweet Child of Mine " music video says Axl would no show for hours and the band had no clue where he was at lol.

Then he walked in after midnight. The Director wanted to wait til morning to shoot it or the next day since Rose had made him wait , but Axl told him he eithor shot it then when he was ready or he'd leave. The guy shot it then.

Some people lose it over time who love CONTROL. Howard Hughes was a brillant damn guy. But he lost his freakin marbles more and more. In fact his story echos Axl's to an extent.

Hughes bought the film studio RKO in 1946 or 1947. This was seen as a good thing because Howard Hughes was known to make $$$ on anything he touched. The only problem was , running a film studio you had to let others manage things and shoot movies. Hughes had no clue how to do this.

He'd scale back to doing maybe 3 to 4 movies that year. The people who ran the Studio faced problems because the actors signed needed work and Hughes wouldn't OK a project til he personally was there.

He's call the guy he placed in charge of running the Film Studio at 2 or 3am. Talking business while the poor guy could barely stay awake . Then the funniest thing was he's pull up right before a movie was set to film as a the sets were built. Hughes would look and demand the sets be tore down and built in another section of the lot!

Hughes sold RKO for a small profit but he killed the company. Due to his general OCD problems . I can see Axl suffering from some of it.

Axl Rose is a self-absorbed idiot. He bought out the Guns-N-Roses names from the other bands members beginning with threats. After they conceided the name, he still has taken too long for one album. Axl Rose has turned into Kate Bush (only because she takes just as long to release her albums).

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X
    That's not "micro-managing", that's being a totally self-centred wanker.

Just one. Axl holds the lightbulb up, and the whole world revolves around him.

Pretty much.... ;)
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by howyadoin
    I saw it on some MTV special. Might've been a VH1 Storytellers thing, but I'm honestly not sure.

And yeah, it wasn't pretty.

I heard about Slash gettin so wasted that he'd puke his guts up on stage and keep playing. And the time on the elevator when he turned blue and the road manager had to come up and get him.

No...but hell if I was in a band with Scott Wieland and Axl Rose I'd be worried. One is an asshole and the other is a self destructive asshole.

They both don't have the best track records as lead singers for bands . How many times was Stone Temple Pilots held up by Wieland's drug abuse ? ;)

While Weiland is no saint, in his defense he did go and get himself cleaned up. Axl is just a powderkeg waiting to go off. And you never know what is going to set the fuse.

However, they are both great frontmen. Personally, I like Weiland better. I think he has a great voice and has much more range than Axl. It seems like the guys who are the best at the rock and roll lifestyle are the guys who really live it; the guys who are the real deal. Weiland sure as hell lived it. Guys like Scott Weiland, Axl Rose, Bon Scott - these are guys who were just made to front a great rock and roll band. But self-destruction is inevitable.

Default Rose confirms : You will hear new material..this year.

The leaked Guns n Roses tracks has everyone abuzz . The 3 tracks in total : " There Was a Time " , " Better " and " I.R.S " have started poppin up as fans are intriqued.

Many wonder if someone close planted the leaks to stir the fans up. But Rose's manager ordered a cease and desist to websites holding the tracks. They have since came down.

Dizzy Reed's wife Lisa confirmed on his website that the day is getting closer to the album being released. She also pleaded with fans not to download anymore tracks and compared it to shaking the gifts under a X-Mas tree on Decmber 23rd. She said her , just like everyone else wants this new album to come out but they have to PATIENT. ( Her words lol...)

On cue Monday : Rose and the New Guns n Roses have started lining up dates to perform during May & June ! The new G'n'R is gonna perform with Motley Crue as the opening act at Dublin's Arena Jun 9th. Then perform with Metallica at the NovaRock Festival ! Also sheduled is the Rock in Rio festival in Lisbon.

Rose at Korn's launch party for thier new album stated that people would hear new Guns n Roses material...this year. Those are his words....

credit:

www.eonline.com

Default MTV News jumps into the Guns n Roses fray!

In an MTV News article they have more information on the band and what could possibly be a return for them. In it is several wierd things stated and a wild rumor started by veteran rock photographer Ross Haflin .

In his rumor which spread across several metal/rock sites , Haflin said the orginal group was reuniting to play the Download gig in Austria with Metallica ! He quickly removed the missive from his website as it started to spread.

Slash claims he's heard the album and claimed earlier it would happen in March. Geffen & Interscope both have declined this and Rose's manager says Sanctury will issue a press release at the right course.

On Feb. 10th Rose and several people were at various clubs and hit the club Stereo at 5:30 am. There Rose told the owners he had 2 CD's he wanted to play and people talked with him a good while.

credit:

www.mtv.com ( for full extended article ....more details ect ect..) ;)

Default Just a few details on the album

Its been said that guest players on the new Chinese Democracy album has muscians from Nine Inch Nails , A Perfect Circle , Buckethead and Dave Navvero ! I thought that was kinda cool to see an album have that many contributers .

;)

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers

She's even jamming to Guns n Roses ! :)

She's even jamming to Guns n Roses ! :)
    or Axl stole his moves from her.

Its been said that guest players on the new Chinese Democracy album has muscians from Nine Inch Nails , A Perfect Circle , Buckethead and Dave Navvero ! I thought that was kinda cool to see an album have that many contributers .

;)
    Yeah, it's really cool that Axl is such an asshole to work with that he can't even keep the same guitar player for one whole album.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P