Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasm
    Those two albums have one album worth of good songs. As others have said, some of the songs were really really good and some were really really bad.
    You do know that at least for a few years there was a single use Your Illusion album that split the cover art in 1/2 and contained songs from both albums. It wasn't a double CD of both albums but rather a single cd with cuts from both albums. Can't recall the track listing.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mabels Folly
    You do know that at least for a few years there was a single use Your Illusion album that split the cover art in 1/2 and contained songs from both albums. It wasn't a double CD of both albums but rather a single cd with cuts from both albums. Can't recall the track listing.

I have this CD. In fact I got it before I got the full Use Your Illusion 1 & 2. The sad part is it has 12 tracks...and a sorta longer version of " Don't Cry " .

But this sadly leaves off " Coma " which to me was one of thier best songs.

Its a shame Axl never got his true dream. According to MTV on the greatest Rock Music Video's , Rose wanted November Rain to be a 26 minute song ! He reacted angry as the label wanted it chopped down.
    He went back in and cut some things from the song and brought it to the record label at 15 minutes. They rejected it and Rose cut it once more to 8 minutes nearly. They were relunctant to even package it as a music video or 2 radio because as the music director said " Whoever heard a metal video being close to 8 minutes long ? Can you even sell it on radio ? "

To his credit....Rose and the band were able to sway the record company. I think this is the direction Axl was going in from then on. Its a direction that pissed off a few band mates as Matt Sorum himself said " I joined a rock band. And heres Axl tellin me we gotta wait til orchestra parts are done blah blah blah...."
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Made for you and me. DrewTheXenocide's Avatar

Double Post.

Made for you and me. DrewTheXenocide's Avatar

And, at least in my opinion, some of the Orchestra parts were the best.

I don't think I'd enjoy one Use your Illusion album, instead of two, because their each their own entities, and their own different albums. If you released one, and then released the other in a couple years under a different name, I don't think anybody would see a relation between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Guns n Roses will NEVER record a new album.
    We are waiting for the new Axl project, without izzy, without slash, without duff.
    That's about it. And I'm not remotely psyched about it at this point; it's more like slight curiosity.

Still, it does make me nostalgic for 1997, when I first moved to Vancouver and heard about Chinese Democracy on the radio.
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:
    "sao paulo" ~ the deadstring brothers

Quote Originally Posted by bert
    I still think it's hysterical that most of the guys have more faith in Scott Weiland (a junkie and ex con) then they do Axl.
    Well, Scott never fucked them over.
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:

It appears that 7 radio stations played the leaked Guns n Roses tracks. Also the " King of All Media " got into the act as Howard Stern played a few minutes of the tracks as well.

This thing has a life of its own. ;)
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by howyadoin
    Well, Scott never fucked them over.

Wasn't a Velvet Revolver , European tour tanked when Scott got busted last year ? Or a few dates were cancelled on a tour ? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1
    Wasn't a Velvet Revolver , European tour tanked when Scott got busted last year ? Or a few dates were cancelled on a tour ?
    Does that compare to any of what Axl did?
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:

Does that compare to any of what Axl did?

No...but hell if I was in a band with Scott Wieland and Axl Rose I'd be worried. One is an asshole and the other is a self destructive asshole.

They both don't have the best track records as lead singers for bands . How many times was Stone Temple Pilots held up by Wieland's drug abuse ? ;)

At least Weiland has the excuse of drug addiction.

Axl's a clean and sober narcissistic asshole.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

No...but hell if I was in a band with Scott Wieland and Axl Rose I'd be worried. One is an asshole and the other is a self destructive asshole.

They both don't have the best track records as lead singers for bands . How many times was Stone Temple Pilots held up by Wieland's drug abuse ?
    How many times were GN'R held up by Slash and Duff's drug abuse?
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:

How many times were GN'R held up by Slash and Duff's drug abuse?

Hey..in defense to both guys...I only hear about the wild drinking. And Duff blowing his pancreas out. ( Thats some damn drinking.) ;)

Hey..in defense to both guys...I only hear about the wild drinking. And Duff blowing his pancreas out. ( Thats some damn drinking.)
    They both ODed on heroin during concerts.
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X
    At least Weiland has the excuse of drug addiction.

Axl's a clean and sober narcissistic asshole.

I think some people who have the " micro manage" style like Axl were born that way. That if its not done on his time he hates it. The director for the " Sweet Child of Mine " music video says Axl would no show for hours and the band had no clue where he was at lol.

Then he walked in after midnight. The Director wanted to wait til morning to shoot it or the next day since Rose had made him wait , but Axl told him he eithor shot it then when he was ready or he'd leave. The guy shot it then.

Some people lose it over time who love CONTROL. Howard Hughes was a brillant damn guy. But he lost his freakin marbles more and more. In fact his story echos Axl's to an extent.

Hughes bought the film studio RKO in 1946 or 1947. This was seen as a good thing because Howard Hughes was known to make $$$ on anything he touched. The only problem was , running a film studio you had to let others manage things and shoot movies. Hughes had no clue how to do this.

He'd scale back to doing maybe 3 to 4 movies that year. The people who ran the Studio faced problems because the actors signed needed work and Hughes wouldn't OK a project til he personally was there.

He's call the guy he placed in charge of running the Film Studio at 2 or 3am. Talking business while the poor guy could barely stay awake . Then the funniest thing was he's pull up right before a movie was set to film as a the sets were built. Hughes would look and demand the sets be tore down and built in another section of the lot!

Hughes sold RKO for a small profit but he killed the company. Due to his general OCD problems . I can see Axl suffering from some of it.