Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Could sing and was a great frontman. Now is a sad reminder of what he used to be.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis K
    Could sing and was a great frontman. Now is a sad reminder of what he used to be.

Don't know about that....many will still flock to hear a Guns n Roses . And I've downloaded a bunch of his performances from Rock in Rio. The man can still go. :D
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1
    Don't know about that....many will still flock to hear a Guns n Roses . And I've downloaded a bunch of his performances from Rock in Rio. The man can still go. :D

Come on man, I know you're a GnR zombie (don't get insulted here, I'm a Rory Gallagher and Michael Bloomfield zombie), but let's not get carried away. The only way Guns N' Roses becomes a serious top draw again is if the original members are back in the lineup. As far as Axl being able to go, let me ask you this, if that is the case, why did the last tour with that thing calling itself GnR totally bomb? The sad fact is Axl can't or won't go anymore, he's lost his way.

I was a big fan of G'n'R back in the day.

However, I have pretty much zero interest in Axl Rose's new band. The guy disappeared up his own arsehole years ago.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 02-18-2006 at 02:15 PM.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Izzy Stradlin had the right idea years ago.

Come on man, I know you're a GnR zombie (don't get insulted here, I'm a Rory Gallagher and Michael Bloomfield zombie), but let's not get carried away. The only way Guns N' Roses becomes a serious top draw again is if the original members are back in the lineup. As far as Axl being able to go, let me ask you this, if that is the case, why did the last tour with that thing calling itself GnR totally bomb? The sad fact is Axl can't or won't go anymore, he's lost his way.

We have no clue what the final lineup is gonna be again. I remember the aborted Concert tour in late 2002/2003. The sad fact is I just doubt Axl doing steady tours. This isn't a new thing eithor...back during the Use your Illusion mega tours G'n'R would cancel and walk from a lotta shows.

I think its like this..when Axl Rose feels like playing , he will. When he doesn't well ya better watch out. I do remember the end of that concert tour in 2002/2003 and the funniest line was this from a concert review: " Ok how over is Guns n Roses still ? Axl Rose doesn't even have to take the damn stage to cause a riot."

I'll always pray at the G'n'R alter! :D
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1
    I think its like this..when Axl Rose feels like playing , he will. When he doesn't well ya better watch out.
    Somebody should really explain the meaning of the word "job" to him.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Izzy Stradlin had the right idea years ago.

I still think it's hysterical that most of the guys have more faith in Scott Weiland (a junkie and ex con) then they do Axl.

Velvet Revolver is great. . . what do you think of it Super?

(by the way, I see Buckethead is touring solo. .is he gone from GnR?)

Quote Originally Posted by bert
    I still think it's hysterical that most of the guys have more faith in Scott Weiland (a junkie and ex con) then they do Axl.

Velvet Revolver is great. . . what do you think of it Super?

(by the way, I see Buckethead is touring solo. .is he gone from GnR?)

Well before Velvet Revolver formed Slash , Duff and Matt were pitching for the series that would become "Rockstar " on CBS. Its just that Duff was relunctant to take the stage with an unknown ala INXS with JD Fortune.

Duff wanted a big time a front person. I personally think the guys missed the boat totally with Josh Todd ( Buckcherry) as singer. Its said him and Slash tore the damn house down at a show where they sang " Welcome to the Jungle ."

I like Velvet Revolver. Has some good ass kickin rock tunes on it.

Buckethead has went back to a solo career . Its said he got tired of waiting on Rose to put the album out. He's still on it as well as Dave Navvero among others!

I'm more interested now than I would've been five years ago, so lets hope they release the damn thing already.
    P-Man "Does no one remember the NES? Flashing grey screens? Hmmm? Cartridges you had to blow so much that you expected there to be a fifty dollar bill on the nightstand in the morning?"

Wannabe "It worked better if you slightly licked the game. I know it sounds odd, but it works really really well. At least on N64."

With so many guest musicians on the album, can it really be called Guns N Roses? The only constant to the band is Axl. No matter how good (or bad) the album ends up being, the band that goes on tour isn't the band that recorded the songs. Wondering if the new band will be good or not really isn't an issue. Wondering if Axl will bring it all together somehow without self-destructing is.

Ultimate Ghost Rider ghostrider666's Avatar

G&R isnt G&R without Axel,Slash,Duff, etc. Back in 1988 they were a very special kind of band. They could never recapture that magic. Anything else would be a pale shadow of what they were.
    "Expand my brain learning juice"-- Homer Simpson

In the Guns n Roses : Un-Authorized DVD , thier 1st manager details the band and how the bands worked in those areas. That it shocked her Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy managed to work on at least 3 albums togethor. Because to her ...the fritcions on bands like Guns n Roses was they were gonna self destruct.

Geffen Records and the guy who signed them had to tell his bosses he could at least get 2 albums from them. Even with ass kicking demo's the record companies were wary of Guns n Roses because the band had tons of changes and wondered how long the band could stay togethor.

But as the 1st female manager and close friends said in the Un-Authorized DVD ...Guns n Roses sticking togethor like a lotta rock bands was never possible and to stay 4 to 5 years as a group shocked them.

I plan on listening to Chinese Democracy while playing Duke Nukem Forever.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Spike X
    Somebody should really explain the meaning of the word "job" to him.
    And in the same breath tell him how damn lucky he is to not have a real one.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-18-2006 at 09:53 PM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link