Page 118 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1777
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Rush has quite a few props they use onstage. Everything's choreographed with a capital C. If they ever start late, it's all of fifteen minutes. Nothing major. Nothing like one hour or two hours, like I've heard for GnR. That's lame. KISS doesn't have a small setup. Multi-band tours like the ones Motley Crue goes manage to get everything set up and soundchecked and get rockin.' People have paid their money, and ticket prices today get obscenely high. It's not fair to the fans to start inexcusably late. If you're fortunate enough to live the lifestyle AND get paid well for it...turn it on and turn it up!!
    Its not 2 hours....because you have heard wrong. Which I'm honestly not surprised about at this point.

And given what Motley Crue puts on a stage show , I'm pretty sure there is a break to tear it down for Kiss to perform...since they did a tour together this year. But of course your gonna look at Guns n Roses...because again... they are evil for not being the band of 1987 for you.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    they are evil for not being the band of 1987 for you.
    You're overemphasizing that tidbit. I said that's when they mattered, as in that's when I gave a shit. I moved on. Axl's unintentionally funny.

And given what Motley Crue puts on a stage show , I'm pretty sure there is a break to tear it down for Kiss to perform...since they did a tour together this year.
    That's right. Both bands did their sets and somehow there wasn't an hourlong delay for each one to start when they were supposed to.

That's right. Both bands did their sets and somehow there wasn't an hourlong delay for each one to start when they were supposed to.
    And you went to every show they did and read online there wasn't ? Come on...even I know there is gonna be some time to do it. Its not just a Guns n Roses issue as much as people wish it was. Hell I saw the stage Motley Crue had in pictures.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

if we're talking logistics, a lot of the pop acts like Madonna and Lady Gaga have some of the biggest stagepieces around and they manage just fine

like I said, considering ticket prices, an artist has a professional obligation to take the stage in a timely fashion
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    if we're talking logistics, a lot of the pop acts like Madonna and Lady Gaga have some of the biggest stagepieces around and they manage just fine

like I said, considering ticket prices, an artist has a professional obligation to take the stage in a timely fashion
    Do you really wanna go with this ? Well here ya go...here is Madonna who never has a delay...who reportedly was over an hour and half late.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...-philadelphia/

So ...are we gonna adjust things to say that there can be delays at shows ? Or we gonna ignore it and keep claiming its only Guns n Roses ?

Do you really wanna go with this ? Well here ya go...here is Madonna who never has a delay...who reportedly was over an hour and half late.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...-philadelphia/

So ...are we gonna adjust things to say that there can be delays at shows ? Or we gonna ignore it and keep claiming its only Guns n Roses ?
    I didn't say it was only anyone, delays happen but it's more of a habit with Axl as opposed to occasional occurences

hell even back in the 90s, when people cared about GnR, people knew if they went to a show, they were going to be late
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I didn't say it was only anyone, delays happen but it's more of a habit with Axl as opposed to occasional occurences

hell even back in the 90s, when people cared about GnR, people knew if they went to a show, they were going to be late
    Which exactly is what Rose himself confirmed...they had late issues then and were trying to get them to work on getting it done. Its why he claimed they started offering a bonus to the stage people because they were working so hard during the Illusion tour. And that was a 2+ year tour.

They've been a joke ever since the Use Your Illusion double set proved they were hacks catering to the LCDs of the rock masses of asses.

I don't care about what Axl does in the closet with Slash and whoever. GnR's music sucks. The problem is the attitude he broadcasts doesn't match up to the shitty music he takes forever to record. If you're gonna have that kind of attitude, you'd better produce some fantastic music. The whole industry laughs at him behind his back. You want a template for a professional rock band that still records one killer album after another? The band is called Rush. They're better musicians than any of the jackasses who've played in GnR.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Illusions albums "proved" they were hacks at all. Self-indulgent certainly, and there's enough great material between the two of them that could have, (and would have IMO) been an amazing follow-up to their seminal debut album.

I would agree that everything that came after the Illusions albums is garbage and indicative of Axl's demise into an ego-maniacal dickhead. I think a lot of the derision that Rose gets he deserves as he does seem to have been "the reason" (whatever that may mean to one and all) that one of the truly great and important American rock and roll bands ever imploded.

How did you get to become the spokesman for the entire music industry, and could you put in a good word for me becoming the spokesman for the movie industry?

Not everything Rush has done (again, IMO) has been killer; however, there is no denying that they are a far superior musicians than whatever version "Axl Rose's GnR Revue" (f*cking brilliant, I laughed out loud when I read it) has devolved into. With that being the case, (still, IMO) that for a moment in time, Guns n Roses was a far better rock and roll band than Rush has ever been. Sometimes rock and roll should be about more than just technical ability, it should be a little bit dangerous, it should have a bit of an attitude. If I just wanted technical perfection when I went to see a live musical performance I'd go to a jazz show. Sometimes I want the whole spectacle associated with a rock concert.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Illusions albums "proved" they were hacks at all. Self-indulgent certainly, and there's enough great material between the two of them that could have, (and would have IMO) been an amazing follow-up to their seminal debut album.

I would agree that everything that came after the Illusions albums is garbage and indicative of Axl's demise into an ego-maniacal dickhead. I think a lot of the derision that Rose gets he deserves as he does seem to have been "the reason" (whatever that may mean to one and all) that one of the truly great and important American rock and roll bands ever imploded.
    This is pretty silly considering one was a covers album that the entire band you praise in one breath put out called "The Spaghetti Incident" . One they wanted to do to go along with the Illusion albums. (Illusion was gonna be 3 parts ...but they held off the punk covers album til 2 years later). And there was Chinese Democracy 15 years later .

I mean maybe I'd take more weight in this if Rose had put out more albums of original material to actually let this weight some. But beyond a covers album the original band did before they split , there is only 1 album of original material for your blasting. Which likely would have been blasted regardless ..."Its not the originals and its not AFD !"

Not everything Rush has done (again, IMO) has been killer; however, there is no denying that they are a far superior musicians than whatever version "Axl Rose's GnR Revue" (f*cking brilliant, I laughed out loud when I read it) has devolved into. With that being the case, (still, IMO) that for a moment in time, Guns n Roses was a far better rock and roll band than Rush has ever been. Sometimes rock and roll should be about more than just technical ability, it should be a little bit dangerous, it should have a bit of an attitude. If I just wanted technical perfection when I went to see a live musical performance I'd go to a jazz show. Sometimes I want the whole spectacle associated with a rock concert.

I am glad that as more fans go see the concerts they look at dumb silliness of saying "These guys don't have talent" and just laugh at those who say it. Yes Rush has talent. Of course so does the current band of Guns n Roses that you hate and make silly jokes about. Its like the dumb image of 2011 you posted from Rock in Rio and thought it was funny a year later. No one laughed...because the time to do the joke was in 2011 ...right when they did Rio , in a pouring rainstorm and still played.

So go on...laugh , mock the band today as usual and claim they don't have talent as usual. Or post images from 2011. But the rest of us will move into 2013 while your stuck in a time warp.

The main singles were listenable, but my then-neighbor brought over the whole set to play for me in the apartment where I lived with my bro at the time. He bought the CDs the night before at midnight at the Wherehouse. Everything else was a "glossy turd," especially that emo-trip "Get In The Ring." We had a good laugh at GnR's expense for those two hours.

How did you get to become the spokesman for the entire music industry, and could you put in a good word for me becoming the spokesman for the movie industry?
    I just tweeted Billy Crystal for you. LOL!

Not everything Rush has done (again, IMO) has been killer;
    Definitely not. Hold Your Fire, Test For Echo and Snakes & Arrows all have some filler, and Presto and Roll The Bones are only half-good. I don't bother with songs from the very first album unless I hear them on a live album. Feedback was a nice nod to their roots but Rush is the last band I want to hear singing some other band's songs.

however, there is no denying that they are a far superior musicians than whatever version "Axl Rose's GnR Revue" (f*cking brilliant, I laughed out loud when I read it) has devolved into. With that being the case, (still, IMO) that for a moment in time, Guns n Roses was a far better rock and roll band than Rush has ever been.
    I'll grant you that, because Rush had long since embraced their transition to a progressive rock band by the time GnR rolled around. If Rush was only up to All The World's A Stage when GnR emerged, then we'd have to discuss it.

Sometimes rock and roll should be about more than just technical ability, it should be a little bit dangerous, it should have a bit of an attitude.
    Abso-f'in-lutely. If you haven't heard Danko Jones, get We Sweat Blood ASAP. Then move on to his others. A GREAT hard rock trio that drips attitude. Plenty of live stuff to look at on YT. There's a good full set from Sweden you can watch.

I am glad that as more fans go see the concerts they look at dumb silliness of saying "These guys don't have talent"
    Relax, man. You're getting too worked up. Who's drumming for them now? I forgot B'head's buddy Brain was in the band for a few minutes. Awesome drummer, but really too good for GnR.

That one guitarist, who was also in Thin Lizzy for a spell. Richard Fortus. He's really good. Okay, better?

Relax, man. You're getting too worked up. Who's drumming for them now? I forgot B'head's buddy Brain was in the band for a few minutes. Awesome drummer, but really too good for GnR.

That one guitarist, who was also in Thin Lizzy for a spell. Richard Fortus. He's really good. Okay, better?
    What irks me is the fact the ones who blast the band will go...these guys don't have talent. I mean its one thing to hate on Rose for being really at times an asshole. But saying Ashba , Fortus , Stinson and Thal don't have talent to perform ? Look at their pedigrees in the music industry .

Now don't get me wrong I loved the original band. They were awesome. But like most LA bands , if you watch some documentary's like the "Un-Authorized G'n'R" the odds the band would stay together was remote. Its why some labels passed on them. One producer was told "If you get 3 albums out of them , you'll be lucky."

Because the band was destined to break up at some point. One friend joked them lasting as long as it did was a miracle.

Manta would have still been in the band and left on good terms. He left halfway through the 2006/2007 tour due to his kid being born. Frank Ferrer joined the band and has been the drummer since. In fact one idea Rose claimed he wanted to try was having Manta play the Chinese Democracy songs as drummer and Ferrier the AFD/Illusion ones. But Manta felt that would disrespect Ferrer to do that on tour from 2009-2012.

Here is Ferrer playing up close in 2009 in Japan ...

Artist Direct named Guns n Roses the Live Show of the Year !

http://www.artistdirect.com/

Even after all of these years, there's still nothing quite like a Guns N' Roses concert.
    2012 saw the band enjoy a few live milestones—more than most can cop to. First off, back in March, Guns N' Roses initiated its "L.A. Takeover". They put on three iconic shows at intimate Los Angeles venues including The Palladium, The Wiltern, and The Sunset Strip House of Blues. The gigs proved to be star-studded affairs with everyone from Charlie Sheen to Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose appearing in the audiences. However, the real stars were the band.

DJ Ashba, Richard Fortus, and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal shredded with incisive six-string virtuosity, teetering between visceral and vibrant. Tommy Stinson's punk-i-fied bass wallop punched intensely. Meanwhile, Frank Ferrer pounded out stadium-size grooves that practically broke the Richter scale. Of course, we can't forget Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman sprinkling classical elegance during the likes of "Estranged" and industrial violence on "Shackler's Revenge".

Axl Rose stood at the helm of this well-oiled rock 'n' roll monster, guiding it like Godzilla decimating Southern California. Rose sounded insurmountably alive as he ignited classics like "November Rain" and "You Could Be Mine" with an unshakable delivery. His charisma remains legendary, as he transfixed the jaded Los Angeles crowd holding in the "Jungle" for over three hours each night. They gyrated along with him and begged for more even in the staggering set list.

After the "Takeover", the group transplanted this mind-blowing experience to The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas for Appetite for Democracy. After going on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Rose provided the entire audience tickets to the residency. For the month of November, the band consistently slayed Sin City audiences with a transcendent show including everything from Rose flying over the crowd while playing the piano for "November Rain", to pyro as hot as "Mr. Brownstone", and a bevy of writhing dancers. It was everything an evening in Vegas should be and so much more.

Guns N' Roses capped the year off with an historical run of India. Watching the band multiple times, it feels like the start of the next phase still. There's no place like the jungle run by Mr. Axl Rose, and there never will be. That's why we're naming Guns N' Roses our Best Live Act of 2012.

—Rick Florino

Guns n Roses will tour in March with ZZTop in Australia !

Guns N' Roses to tour Australia in March
    It’s about to get loud in Australia this year. Guns N’ Roses partners with ZZ Top for a tour of the continent that also includes The Angels. Meanwhile, Springsteen’s excursion Down Under has grown in size.
    Andrew McManus Presents teamed Guns N' Roses, ZZ Top and The Angels for a five-arena run in Australia.

The shows run March 9-20. The fourth date, March 17 in Melbourne, coincides with the final day of the Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix.

Full details:

March
    9th: Perth, WA @ Perth Arena
    12th: Sydney, NSW @ Allphones Arena
    13th: Newcastle, NSW @ Hunter Stadium
    17th: Melbourne, VIC @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
    20th: Brisbane, QLD @ Brisbane Entertainment Centre
    Tickets go on sale mid January.
    http://www.pollstar.com/