Page 117 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1777
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    [IMG]http://2.asset.********/asset/2484/5506_b4eb.jpeg[/IMG]
    So.... nothing beyond adding a picture of last year which has been posted a million times ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I hope we see them doing more covers like this one of the Who's "The Seeker".
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

I caught this video on Youtube, taken from a recent concert in Jakarta, Indonesia, from GNR's Appetite For Democracy tour, and it made me think about this thread. How do you like this Don't Cry, Super? (The video begins with Bumblefoot playing the Indonesian anthem).

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I caught this video on Youtube, taken from a recent concert in Jakarta, Indonesia, from GNR's Appetite For Democracy tour, and it made me think about this thread. How do you like this Don't Cry, Super? (The video begins with Bumblefoot playing the Indonesian anthem).

I loved it with the people singing along to their anthem and the song. When you have thousands of people singing along it adds an element. Rose has said he really loves India and planned to visit as much of it as possible while being there.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    One thing in Piers Morgan's favor...he's a fan of Axl Rose !

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/201...auds-axl-rose/
    Axl's one of the most overrated rock personalities ever. He's made a career of whining.

Piers calls him "the Chuck Norris of rock"? LOL! More like the Steven Seagal of rock. All his moves are shot with with a stunt double from the neck down.

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Axl's one of the most overrated rock personalities ever.
    Let me laaaaugh at this...bwa ha ha ...

Rose can not show for a Hall of Fame and have people like you bitch and moan over it. As this statement below shows.

He's made a career of whining.
    Nope... not really... where has Rose whined about ? He never aired his personal business with Slash and company til years later. Yes he is an asshole , but that is the difference between a person who whines and someone who marches to his own drummer and doesn't give a damn what many say . He doesn't do want most want...well its not your fucking band. It sounds like the only one whining is you honestly.

Piers calls him "the Chuck Norris of rock"? LOL! More like the Steven Seagal of rock. All his moves are shot with with a stunt double from the neck down.
    And that is way more Rock than likely you will never experience.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    You have just awoken the wrath of SuperE, woe be unto you!

Its the whining part that gets me. If anything call Axl a douche , an asshole....because he can be. He doesn't give a shit and likely never will. When Eddie Trunk brought up in an interview in 2011 how long the shows were and should Guns n Roses scale down. Rose's replay was basically its his decision and he likely never will. People will have to either wait for the 3+ hour performance or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    You have just awoken the wrath of SuperE, woe be unto you!
    Bring it.

Rose can not show for a Hall of Fame and have people like you bitch and moan over it.
    I didn't even notice. I liked GnR when they mattered...circa 1987. LMAO! They've been a joke ever since the Use Your Illusion double set proved they were hacks catering to the LCDs of the rock masses of asses.

He doesn't do want most want...well its not your fucking band. It sounds like the only one whining is you honestly.
    I don't care about what Axl does in the closet with Slash and whoever. GnR's music sucks. The problem is the attitute he broadcasts doesn't match up to the shitty music he takes forever to record. If you're gonna have that kind of attitude, you'd better produce some fantastic music. The whole industry laughs at him behind his back. And I haven't even mentioned that as a singer, he just doesn't have it. He had something way back when, but it "fell out" along the way and he's never been able to put it back in. His voice used to go out in the third song when they played live in the '80s. You think his vocals aren't piped in today? LOL. And any band that arrives onstage hours past their scheduled start time is simply unprofessional. You want a template for a professional rock band that still records one killer album after another? The band is called Rush. They're better musicians than any of the jackasses who've played in GnR. The only guy I'd put up to their level is Buckethead, and all you have to do is refer to his background with Bill Laswell and Praxis, among others, to know how good he is. But he didn't stick around with Axl Rose's GnR Revue, did he?

And that is way more Rock than likely you will never experience.
    How do you spell F A N B O Y...?
    Last edited by verslibre; 12-26-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    I didn't even notice. I liked GnR when they mattered...circa 1987. LMAO! They've been a joke ever since the Use Your Illusion double set proved they were hacks catering to the LCDs of the rock masses of asses.
    Yeah those damn hacks did "Don't Cry" , "November Rain" , "Estranged" and more off those 2 albums. I'd likely go back to listening to bands you hope never change and watching them stay locked into the same mind set from debut til they eventually don't have people giving a damn anymore.

I don't care about what Axl does in the closet with Slash and whoever. GnR's music sucks. The problem is the attitute he broadcasts doesn't match up to the shitty music he takes forever to record. If you're gonna have that kind of attitude, you'd better produce some fantastic music

If ya knew anything at all about Guns n Roses you would know that most of the music for Illusion was written during Appietite . That is how Rose and the band rolls. They will write a lot of music at one time and a lot is recorded with demo's...a ton of them. You call its forever to produce ...well honestly no one cares how long it takes. If the fans...and honestly the fans do care , they will listen and enjoy it. No matter if "There Was a Time" was recorded in 2000 and had rewrites.

In all that is your personal opinion . You can sit and dream of the band you wanted back in 1987...while a lot of us...who go to concerts and support the current band will live in today.

The whole industry laughs at him behind his back.
    This is the same dumb industry that begs for the original band to reform , that then acts like a bunch of pissed off shitheads who can't understand that Rose doesn't do what they want. Oh he didn't do the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. Well guys...eat a bunch of shit...its not up to you. Lots of artists do things like that. John Fogerty refused to play with his CCR band members at the Hall of Fame. Izzy and Axl decided to not even show up.

And I haven't even mentioned that as a singer, he just doesn't have it. He had something way back when, but it "fell out" along the way and he's never been able to put it back in. His voice used to go out in the third song when they played live in the '80s. You think his vocals aren't piped in today? LOL.
    Spoken like a true sad person who will never watch the band today. Oh I will piss and shit on them since I never watch a concert today. But ya know what blows you all to hell. Modern technology and them actually filming concerts and you can hear Rose's voice. Which I will admit isn't at his 1987-1993 high. In fact Rose himself admitted he drank and smoked too much and seemed to not nurse his gift. Because he was young and didn't give a shit for tomorrow. In fact if ya looked , I have even posted clips of him shredding his vocal cords to 'Bad Time" before opening to "Sweet Child of Mine". You can find this online. Its not piped in...if you are believing that...then your an idiot. Because you can hear the vocals be scratched and bad after doing that.

Today his voice has mellowed more. He can hit high notes sure...but he does more mellowed type vocals. In fact here is one...where you won't be able to go "piped in".

So where is this piped in at ? Can it be you not really following the band for years and your full of it ? Yep...

And any band that arrives onstage hours past their scheduled start time is simply unprofessional. You want a template for a professional rock band that still records one killer album after another? The band is called Rush. They're better musicians than any of the jackasses who've played in GnR. The only guy I'd put up to their level is Buckethead, and all you have to do is refer to his background with Bill Laswell and Praxis, among others, to know how good he is. But he didn't stick around with Axl Rose's GnR Revue, did he?
    What is insane that Rose has given his reasons for being late. He still will go on and do his full show...a 3+ hour Guns n Roses show. Now if you wanna go see Rush or any other band show up and do a show...good. I won't even be like you and go on and how Rush has lost it and they did maybe 2-3 good albums. I'm not a big fan and I'm full of shit saying that. Like you are discussing a band you claim barely to listen to.

I'd rather a band give me 3+ hours of a show regardless of when they take the stage. If its 2am and I leave the venue I wanna know Rose rocked it like few others can at his age and continues to do. So the haters can keep on hating...Axl Rose doesn't give a damn. Neither do the fans who flock to the band live and will watch all over the world. That really eats the haters up...Rose can do a show in say ...the UK and people will go see that show. He just finished in India and is gonna do a show in Japan as well. Rock on Axl...continue to make the haters angry.

And the dude sums up anymore replies to you. And since ya haven't listened to the band live in years and all...this sums up any future replies so I won't waste my time with you.

I'd rather a band give me 3+ hours of a show regardless of when they take the stage
    way off topic and Im not even sure how we got here...but this attitude may have flown back in the day, but considering what people pay for concert tickets these days, any performer has a professional obligation to take the stage in a timely manner

Ill accept an hour late AT THE MOST, after that Im out and be damned sure Im getting my money back
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    way off topic and Im not even sure how we got here...but this attitude may have flown back in the day, but considering what people pay for concert tickets these days, any performer has a professional obligation to take the stage in a timely manner

Ill accept an hour late AT THE MOST, after that Im out and be damned sure Im getting my money back
    His longest delays are 45 minutes to an hour at times. The last year things seemed to go smoother and stage set up was quicker. Rose explained to Trunk they have 4 huge trucks and the people have to tear down the stage before they go on. Then have to rebuild the stage for what G'n'R does. Its why Trunk asked why not go smaller ...and Rose claimed he'd never do that.

During Illusion it was pretty bad and Rose joked how they would pay the stage guys extra to get it set up faster.

His longest delays are 45 minutes to an hour at times. The last year things seemed to go smoother and stage set up was quicker. Rose explained to Trunk they have 4 huge trucks and the people have to tear down the stage before they go on. Then have to rebuild the stage for what G'n'R does. Its why Trunk asked why not go smaller ...and Rose claimed he'd never do that.

During Illusion it was pretty bad and Rose joked how they would pay the stage guys extra to get it set up faster.
    plenty of other artists manage to do it and do it on time...hell the WWE is on the road 275 days a year and I don't think they have any notable delays

but again we are off topic....I went by the memorial site on Christmas Day to pay my respects, there were a number of people there doing the same
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    plenty of other artists manage to do it and do it on time...hell the WWE is on the road 275 days a year and I don't think they have any notable delays
    The WWE has 2 touring brands. Why do you think they wouldn't do an ECW brand solo when they brought it back ? Because expenses...it takes money and time to pay the stage guys to put up a show quick. And to be fair the WWE can roll into say...Saginaw , Michigan early Monday and have the set up in a few hours. Because they likely have more men and time to do it.

Guns n Roses is those 4 trucks and the guys working there likely isn't many. Also if your doing a Festival show (which is a lot of the times for the tours G'n'R does) your on after an act. So they have to change that quick .

I'd likely go back to listening to bands you hope never change and watching them stay locked into the same mind set from debut til they eventually don't have people giving a damn anymore.
    It's not about change. It's about recording good music. Every band changes. The only band whose earliest and newest albums sound like they're cut from the same cloth is obviously AC/DC. But they get away with it.

If ya knew anything at all about Guns n Roses you would know that most of the music for Illusion was written during Appietite . That is how Rose and the band rolls. They will write a lot of music at one time and a lot is recorded with demo's...a ton of them. You call its forever to produce ...well honestly no one cares how long it takes. If the fans...and honestly the fans do care , they will listen and enjoy it. No matter if "There Was a Time" was recorded in 2000 and had rewrites.
    Nobody cares "how long"? Really? I guess you're right. There are other bands to listen to. GnR can ride their own coattails, right? Look at this, this is funny. This is the output of a band that has never officially broken up, but instead molded over. Not counting an album of covers, seventeen years before another fully original album was officially released:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Guns+N%27+Roses

That's a joke. That's should be a death knell, but Axl's managed to stay in the public eye with his antics.

In all that is your personal opinion . You can sit and dream of the band you wanted back in 1987...while a lot of us...who go to concerts and support the current band will live in today.
    You know what isn't my opinion, but fact? Axl is a primadonna. The dude is a diva. And he didn't fool anybody with those fake-ass braids. LOL.

This is the same dumb industry that begs for the original band to reform , that then acts like a bunch of pissed off shitheads who can't understand that Rose doesn't do what they want. Oh he didn't do the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. Well guys...eat a bunch of shit...its not up to you. Lots of artists do things like that. John Fogerty refused to play with his CCR band members at the Hall of Fame. Izzy and Axl decided to not even show up.
    Who begs to see the original line-up? I've read of no such thing. Steven Adler, the poor guy, he barely has it together. Duff was only ever an average bass player. Is he even in music? Izzy...does anyone care?

John Fogerty's reasons for not wanting to play are different. For a long time he refused to perform because he didn't have the rights to his music and didn't want to put money in undeserving hands.

Izzy has been a practitioner of "no-show theatrics" since forever. Nothing new. He's one ball hair away from obscurity.

Spoken like a true sad person who will never watch the band today.
    Nope. Not Dime One. Not for free. I'd have to be bribed to invest my time in that way, and it better be a sizeable bribe.

What is insane that Rose has given his reasons for being late. He still will go on and do his full show...a 3+ hour Guns n Roses show. Now if you wanna go see Rush or any other band show up and do a show...good. I won't even be like you and go on and how Rush has lost it and they did maybe 2-3 good albums. I'm not a big fan and I'm full of shit saying that. Like you are discussing a band you claim barely to listen to.
    LOL. Rush has "maybe 2-3 good albums"? You must be one of the guys who only likes 2112 and the three before it. They've never "lost it,", except deliberately i.e. when they quietly disbanded without fanfare, without any kind of press release, following the tragic death of Neil's daughter. A good while passed before Neil even picked up a pair of sticks. When Rush finally returned, they produced one of my favorite albums. They're out there playing to large crowds night after night, as they've been doing for the last decade. They set some attendance records when they played several colossal venues in South America, one of which was released as Rush In Rio. Even if you hate Rush...you can't say they don't have it figured out!

His longest delays are 45 minutes to an hour at times. The last year things seemed to go smoother and stage set up was quicker. Rose explained to Trunk they have 4 huge trucks and the people have to tear down the stage before they go on. Then have to rebuild the stage for what G'n'R does.
    Rush has quite a few props they use onstage. Everything's choreographed with a capital C. If they ever start late, it's all of fifteen minutes. Nothing major. Nothing like one hour or two hours, like I've heard for GnR. That's lame. KISS doesn't have a small setup. Multi-band tours like the ones Motley Crue goes manage to get everything set up and soundchecked and get rockin.' People have paid their money, and ticket prices today get obscenely high. It's not fair to the fans to start inexcusably late. If you're fortunate enough to live the lifestyle AND get paid well for it...turn it on and turn it up!!