Page 115 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1777

Green Day will induct G'n'R into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next weekend. So far, Slash, Steven Adler and Duff McKagan are the only members confirmed as attending. I would wager Gilby Clarke will be there, as well, even though he isn't part of the line up being inducted. He's still on good terms with most of the band and he lives here in Cleveland.

Edit: Looks like everyone except Axl and Izzy Stradlin may be attending.
    Last edited by DonC; 04-08-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Senior Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd........I'm out my $20....Axl declines invite.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...emony-20120411

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The only reason, at this point, under the circumstances, in my opinion whether under the guise of "for the fans" or whatever justification of the moment, for anyone to continue to ask, suggest or demand a reunion are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup of myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba.
    Holy run-on sentences, Batman. I don't even know what this paragraph is supposed to say.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd........I'm out my $20....Axl declines invite.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...emony-20120411
    Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Holy run-on sentences, Batman. I don't even know what this paragraph is supposed to say.
    Whats missing from this is... Rose asked to not be inducted. He doesn't mind if the others go in. He just doesn't give a shit for it and asked to not be inducted with the band.

"I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of 'Guns N' Roses.'"
    I wonder if the Hall of Fame will just induct Adler , Stradlin , McKagen , Sorum and Slash only ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

Screw him. They are inducting the "band" Guns and Roses. Not Axl Rose individualy. Just one more egomaniac momnet in the life of a man whos main claim to fame at this point is just being an egomaniac. Induct him in along with the rest of the band, and if he doesn't like it tough.

It wouldn't be Guns 'n Roses without Waxl creating drama over some petty bullshit.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Screw him. They are inducting the "band" Guns and Roses. Not Axl Rose individualy. Just one more egomaniac momnet in the life of a man whos main claim to fame at this point is just being an egomaniac. Induct him in along with the rest of the band, and if he doesn't like it tough.
    They likely will induct him. But its not the entire band of Guns n Roses with the 10-15+ members of the band since the 1980's going in. No , its just the handpicked ones from AFD to Illusion. So they could induct anyone in from that really.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    It wouldn't be Guns 'n Roses without Waxl creating drama over some petty bullshit.

Well had he showed up late and not performed people would have complained. He just wrote a letter saying he wasn't gonna be there and to induct those listed. He didn't agree with the Hall having control over some things (likely who will induct them in , Green Day ? WTF ?) and wanted that. Its likely they told Rose he would have to perform with Green Day and do certain songs for the DVD release. Slash can do that while Green Day pisses on Welcome to the Jungle lol.

Honestly I would have liked Buckcherry , Elton John , The Killers or Rolling Stones to induct Guns n Roses . But a Green Day ? I have a reason to not watch really.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Surprise, surprise, Axl is being a lameass, childish egomaniac again. Whatever drama happened with them was almost 20 years ago. Get the fuck over it for one night, put on a 3 song set for the fans and move on. God, it's not that fucking hard.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They likely will induct him. But its not the entire band of Guns n Roses with the 10-15+ members of the band since the 1980's going in. No , its just the handpicked ones from AFD to Illusion. So they could induct anyone in from that really.

Well had he showed up late and not performed people would have complained. He just wrote a letter saying he wasn't gonna be there and to induct those listed. He didn't agree with the Hall having control over some things (likely who will induct them in , Green Day ? WTF ?) and wanted that. Its likely they told Rose he would have to perform with Green Day and do certain songs for the DVD release. Slash can do that while Green Day pisses on Welcome to the Jungle lol.

Honestly I would have liked Buckcherry , Elton John , The Killers or Rolling Stones to induct Guns n Roses . But a Green Day ? I have a reason to not watch really.
    No one after Use Your Illusion is a member of Guns and Roses anyway. They are members of the Axl Rose Band. It is sort of like if Jagger had fired all the members of Rolling Stones but still called his new band the Rolling Stones. It just isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    Surprise, surprise, Axl is being a lameass, childish egomaniac again. Whatever drama happened with them was almost 20 years ago. Get the fuck over it for one night, put on a 3 song set for the fans and move on. God, it's not that fucking hard.
    Well thats the thing . Rose didn't wanna play with Slash or really Adler now. He brought up how he has played with Izzy and Duff the past few years at shows. But he really doesn't. The Hall likely told him , to not have a CCR situation (where Fogerty showed up with his new band and told the original members of CCR to go get fucked) happen there. Plus its about selling the DVD set of it. They picked the band and likely songs/set to perform to sell. Rose may have brought up playing with McKagen and Izzy with some of the newer ones and was told NO. So he was like ...fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    No one after Use Your Illusion is a member of Guns and Roses anyway. They are members of the Axl Rose Band. It is sort of like if Jagger had fired all the members of Rolling Stones but still called his new band the Rolling Stones. It just isn't the same.
    Except we have seen Jagger and Richards basically be the leaders of that band. And it was joked that with guys getting older , will they replace them at some point. I have seen the jokes with each tour the Stones do . When will Mick and Keith replace anyone ?

Its pretty funny , that Rose does something nice and says , induct everyone else instead . I won't be there and they will be happy to go in ...and he still gets blamed for it. I had to laugh at him at least issuing a statement so people won't be angry if he didn't show . But nope... Rose gets the blame for those still stuck back in the early 1990's. Rose wrote the best line there , "People get divorced all the time. Life moves on...."

Green Day will induct G'n'R into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next weekend. So far, Slash, Steven Adler and Duff McKagan are the only members confirmed as attending. I would wager Gilby Clarke will be there, as well, even though he isn't part of the line up being inducted. He's still on good terms with most of the band and he lives here in Cleveland.

Score one for me. The "GnR" performance at induction included Gilby Clarke and had Myles Kennedy on vocals. They reportedly performed "Mr. Brownstone," "Sweet Child o' Mine," and "Paradise City."

Axl, as expected, was booed whenever mentioned.

Score one for me. The "GnR" performance at induction included Gilby Clarke and had Myles Kennedy on vocals. They reportedly performed "Mr. Brownstone," "Sweet Child o' Mine," and "Paradise City."

Axl, as expected, was booed whenever mentioned.
    Ha ha... I expect a single fuck was given by Axl Rose to being told some industry people booed his name.

Lost in the whole Axl Rose not showing up.... Izzy Stradlin didn't show up. He of course didn't issue a statement. He just didn't show. I suspect Axl and Izzy both saw a clusterfuck of shit that would happen and both being older and wiser now said... fuck lets not go. But of course Izzy won't be booed by the industry pricks in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Rose gets the blame for those still stuck back in the early 1990's. Rose wrote the best line there , "People get divorced all the time. Life moves on...."
    Funny thing, it sounds to me like he's the one stuck in the 90s if he can't just suck it up for the original band's fanbase for 3 songs. The fact that he is forcing it to be such a big deal seems childish.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    Funny thing, it sounds to me like he's the one stuck in the 90s if he can't just suck it up for the original band's fanbase for 3 songs. The fact that he is forcing it to be such a big deal seems childish.
    Why isn't Izzy sucking it up then ? Notice both of them decided it wasn't worth it. And of all the members Rose was closest too...Izzy Stradlin was his closest one. That he was happy that him and Izzy hugged and sang some Rolling Stones songs back in 2006/2007. It says a lot that Izzy and Axl both decided to not do it. More like both were on that same page mentally here now.