Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Definitely clarification/exploration of the current Courtney Ross.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattbib
    Definitely clarification/exploration of the current Courtney Ross.
    Agreed. Is she the real Courtney brought back via House of M, or is she still Sat-yr-9. She has to be, but why doesn't Brian seem to be remembering this? Has House of M screwed with his noodle THAT much?

I think he needs to touch base with Otherworld, and let Roma ans Saturnyne remind him of a few things...
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi
    Dump Nocturne and bring back Meggan...
    No way. I really like Nocturne. I want her to get her own identity back.

Likewise Meggan and Brian both needed time away from each other. They had become too stale in the Marvel Universe. They were more 'a couple' than individuals. When Meggan finally washes up back in reality I expect a very different character. And while Brian is on his own I hope he grows too.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

I wan't Nocturne's identity back too. Its unfortunate that her stay in 616 has been so terrible. I don't know that's CC's fault necessarily, as he may not have read Exiles and only read Austen's appearances in X-Men, which were off as well.

I liked the idea "Search for Wanda" since that was brought up a while ago when NEX was announced. I think this book would also be a great book to explore and assist the depowered as they travel across the world. With Sage, it could also have a side mission of trying to fully figure out House of M and find if there are any ways it could somehow be reversed.

With X-Corp down, this team will pretty much be a small branch that travels. With that I'd increase the roster.

I'm tempted to drop Pete Wisdom and Sage, but I suppose we may need the latter and the former might be a draw for others.

I'd add Warpath, Sunspot, Tarot, and Cerise (the one of 2 aliens I like) back into the fold.

Oh before I forget, new penciler, new designs.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi
    Dump Nocturne and bring back Meggan...
    This I'd very much like to see.

I'd love to see the search for Wanda idea. Infact, I'd love it if Wanda could join the team and gain some level of redemption.

Other than that, I want to see The Crazy Gang again. I love those guys.

I'd also like to see some resolution/explanation for the Courtney/Sat-Yr-9 situation.

I would have added an appearance by Black Tom, but that's already happening.

I'd love to see the London Hellfire Club. Also, I'd like to know what happened with Sunspot and Sage.

Bring back Micromax! For some reason, I always liked him. He never really had much time on the team, though. Kylun too.

I'd love to see a guest appearance by Clandestine. Also, some guest appearances by some of the British heroes/teams.

I'd like some resolution to the whole Bogan/Shadow King question.

I'd like to see more of the evil X-Men from issues 1-3.

More Saturnyne, Status Crew, Avante Guard, Fury, Roma and Jaspers.

More Warpies!

I'd like to see Meggan return to the team at some point.

For 1 issue, I'd like to see Dazzler written exactly the way Novaya Havok wants her :D

The Heart is Pure

Drop Juggernaut so he can go somewhere better.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23
    For 1 issue, I'd like to see Dazzler written exactly the way Novaya Havok wants her :D
    ;)

<3 <3 <3

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

A sense of direction. Right now everything just feels like filler in this book to me.

Perhaps when Psylocke joins (fingers crossed) things will pick up.

I think that pretty much everybody, whether loving or hating the book agrees on one thing: They want a clarification as to the purpose of this team.

I think there is one very definite problem in Claremont's approach to this book, a want and need to ind of pick up where he left off when he parted company with the book. That of course is not possible. A lot has happened in Excalibur's original run since then, let alone in the Marvel universe as a whole.

The main issue people seem to have is not really understanding WHY these people are here, and why they're considering getting together as a team.

And that really is a bloody good point. Claremont has written so far with a great deal of assumption that people have read the original Excalibur, understand and accept the conventions and setting established by that and are willing to run with it. Much of the criticism of the title so far is, that after a decade, they're not. They need more of an explanation.

The re-introduction of the Warwolves is a good example of this. They haven't appeared in an X-Title for a decade. They have lost their original purpose - to track, capture and return Rachel Grey to their master, Mojo. So why bring them back?

Well, Both Juggernaut and Nocturne are currently on te run from Mojo, at this time. Remember that? if you didn't read Uncanny issues before House of M you probably didn't.

And that's kind of the problem. Claremont - and I may hate myself for satying this, after asking so long for the guy to stop with the over-wordy narative - needs to spell it out a bit better.

I also find it unusual that to date it has been Peter Wisdom who has been trying to rally this team together. Pete is a chain smoking, swearing, old bugger, with a very shady past, who may well care greatly about his country's well-being deep down, but he's certainly not as much of a Patriot as he may have been painted so far.

He has to have an underlying motive for wanting to form the team. I have a feeling that this was originally intended to be the fact that he had gotten wind of Hellfire Club dealings, and a whole host of nasty clandestine type crap about to hit the fan.

But that's been vetoed.

So it has to be something else.

So what do I want to see? I want to see a final reveal as to why the team is eing pulled together and just what is this threat to British National security that prompted unpatriotic Pete Wisdom to say, when Brian knocked him back in his offer to form a team, that right now his country needed him more than ever.

I'm sure we'll see it soon. But until then it's putting a lot of fans off.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

I agree a lot with the last post. CC is trying to recreate old Excalibur and rehash those really old plotlines. I'm kinda lost to tell the truth and I read all those issues way back when.

Hi, I hope this doesn't come across as a bit self-important, but I thught I'd comment on your suggestions, as you've come up with such a lot. This semed the best way, but now having written it it seems a bit of a pompous overbearing God kind of a thing to do. It's not meant that way, I can assure you... :D

I'd love to see the search for Wanda idea. Infact, I'd love it if Wanda could join the team and gain some level of redemption.
    I think most people seem to think of this as a pretty good idea. I don't know if she'd join long term, butr certainly a search and encounter with her 'daughter' would be very interesting. And make a lot of sense. If editorial allow it it could be a great story

Other than that, I want to see The Crazy Gang again. I love those guys.
    I'd be willing to see them again. Although I much prefered the way Alan Moore wrote them, in Captain Britain. They actually had an odd level of menace to them, back then. They kind of just became light relief in Excalibur.

Former team member Feron also joined them, as told in Excalibur #124. I don't know for sure whether he was a mutant, or just a weird Faerie Folk kind of guy. It was never really explained. If he was a mutant he has almost certainly been depowered...

I'd also like to see some resolution/explanation for the Courtney/Sat-Yr-9 situation.
    We will almost certainly get that very soon. I'm working on the assumption that post House of M Brian really doesn't know WHO or WHAT she is anymore. He's confused, and is still trying to work it out. If this is the real Courtney they have a long history together...

But that is assmuption. Claremont is certainly writing it all very oddly just now. It's exceptionally unclear as to what he's trying to do... Needs explaining.

I would have added an appearance by Black Tom, but that's already happening.
    Very glad about this. Much as though people claim Juggernaut is a purposeless character in NEX, they quite easily forget just how much bad stuff he committed with Black Tom whilst in Ireland and the UK. He may have reformed, but if Black Tom's around you can pretty much be sure he HASN'T...

I'd love to see the London Hellfire Club. Also, I'd like to know what happened with Sunspot and Sage.
    Providing the book lasts the year we will see this once Joss Whedon finishes his Hellfire arc. All the characters were purposefully moved into place for it. It's the central reason Sage is involved in the book. I hope we get to see it. It has so much potential.

Bring back Micromax! For some reason, I always liked him. He never really had much time on the team, though. Kylun too.
    As long as Micromax isn't pretending to be a Radio DJ still, I'm sold on that. Both he and Kylun had tremendous potential. It's not so much that he didn't have time for the team, he finally joined up full time by the end of Alan Davis' run, only to be axed along with half the team between issues. It was badly written, and very annoying.

If Kylun does come back I would like to see him drop the 'barabarian' look, in exchange for a new image. With his combat training and mutant talent, I think he'd be well suited to a more espionage way of life. Maybe Widom's MI 13 could have been training him?

I'd love to see a guest appearance by Clandestine. Also, some guest appearances by some of the British heroes/teams.
    Not sure how easily this would sit, for legal reasons, sadly. When the Marvel UK imprint went under in the mid 90s, it was sold off to Panini Stickers in the UK, who now dop reprints of American books. I believe they may hold some of the creative properties and likenesses.

This may in part explain the new, and in my opinion pretty lack-lustre, Death's Head version 3.0, currently appearing in Amazing Fantasy, right now. He doesn't appear to resemble the character we knew, greatly, or indeed share any of his back history.

It's a shame. Several of these characters even appeared in Excalibur (Pendragons, Dark Angel, Motormouth & Killpower) in the earlier 90s. Several have very definite potential to be used in just this way. But sadly it may never come to pass. An appearance from Union Jack or Spitfire would be good, since they parted company with the last Invaders title.

I'd like some resolution to the whole Bogan/Shadow King question.
    Yes! Please... this has dragged on so long. He would have almost certainly popped up in Claremont's planned Hellfire arc.

I'd like to see more of the evil X-Men from issues 1-3.
    I hope we do, yes. There's room for development there. And the possibility of this being an alternate Shadow King would be very interesting.

More Saturnyne, Status Crew, Avante Guard, Fury, Roma and Jaspers.
    Is Jaspers still dead or not, post House of M? I hope we get an answer, and i'd love to see The Fury back. Plus if Brian intends to stay on 616 he'll have to renounce his throne in Otherworld, so Roma and Saturnye will have to appear around that.

More Warpies!
    Hell I want to see more of the warped Warpies, created by the Mastermind computer in Excaliber vol. 2. They were nasty little buggers, taken in by the computer, after Black Air started killing them, and warped to its own needs...

I'd like to see Meggan return to the team at some point.
    In an ideal world this would happen in a second year of the book. having just established a new staus quo, witrh a new team, her return would shake things up. Especially f Brian had just begun to get over her 'death' and maybe started seeing somebody else...

Oh God, no matter how I comment on this I fear I may lose. But I will conced the guy has a good many points on her characterisation and look. She isn't right, no. But I guess we'll have to see how Claremont develops her...
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Hi Sword Is Drawn,

You don't come of as self-important at all. I like to see people responding to my posts. It seems that both you and I are big fans of the old Moore/Davis/Delano Captain Britain series.

I don't have much to say, since I agree with just about everything you said. Alan Moore does write a better Crazy Gang. Under Moore, they were a little disturbing. Claremont writes them more as comic relief.

I didn't realise there was a legal problem with Marvel UK. That's a shame. Personally, I'd have liked to see the Knights of Pendragon and Dark Angel.

An appearance by Union Jack or Spitfire would be appreciated. At least it would get some more European heroes into the mix. If the Scarlet Witch could be used, that would help a little as well.

Seriously, no joke, if Motormouth made an appearence in NEX, I would so pick i up in an instant. Heck, I bought a bunch of PAD's Incredible Hulk run, just to get the get the issue she and Killpower gets starred in (well, also to get the infamous Bachelor Party issue and Rick and Marlo's wedding, among other stories)

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf21
    Seriously, no joke, if Motormouth made an appearence in NEX, I would so pick i up in an instant. Heck, I bought a bunch of PAD's Incredible Hulk run, just to get the get the issue she and Killpower gets starred in (well, also to get the infamous Bachelor Party issue and Rick and Marlo's wedding, among other stories)
    I'd love to see that, too, mate. They were two characters who never failed to amuse me, wherever they popped up. They are also some of the few charcters to survive Marvel UK's demise.

If they could be brought back, or any number of the former imprint characters I'd love to see it.

I'm not sure quite how much of a legal issue this is. Nobody quite seems to know who owns what. It's a bit of a mess. But I never give up hope on there being a chance for the UK characters returning some day. It's a shame thhey had to utterly re-write Death's Head. I was always a big fan.
    It Came From Darkmoor...