My questions concern Beast and Dr. Strange's roles in the upcoming Avengers Vs X-men event:
1. Given that you were the writer that wrote Beast out of the team during your run....and now that you're writing him again in this event, although he is away at space in the first act, will there be a final physical confrontation between him and Cyclops when he returns ?
2. You're currently writing Dr. Strange in Defenders, will that title tie-into the Avengers vs X-men event ?
3. What can you say about good Doctor Strange's role in the upcoming Avengers Vs X-men event, given that it's about him facing a threat maybe beyond his powers...again since he never could reverse the M-day spell ?
4. You also wrote [I]Fear Itself[/I] and not a lot of fans did enjoyed that event, outside of the various Worthy fights, how can you reassure readers of your writing part in the upcoming Avengers Vs X-men event ?
I have a question: Are the original malibu/marvel crossovers like Silver surfer/rune and avengers/ultraforce canon to 616 characters?
-Hickman recently announced he'll be leaving the Fantastic Four ending a most FANTASTIC run that began in 2009. Probably too early to talk about the the new direction and next creative team after Hickman, but will there still be 2 ongoing Fantastic Four titles?
-A new Nova character by the name of Sam Alexander was recently revealed for the upcoming Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. Don't suppose if you can say if Sam Alexander is indeed the same Nova Jeph Loeb introduced in Point One or when we'll be learning more about the Marvel U's new Nova?
Hi Axel! I'm really looking forward to the AVX event, and I think bringing in The Avengers was a great move to give the story a real weight, rather then them just happening to be busy while all this goes down for the X-Men, and there being no real ripples felt in the wider universe. That said, as somebody who has been following the endangered species/Messiah Hope/Phoenix stories with great interest for some time, I feel invested in what those stories mean for mutantkind and a lot of my favourite characters. My worry going into AVX is that some of these important threads are going to get sidelined or lost completely in favour of pitting the two teams against each other. I know you can't say much, but is there anything you can say to help alleviate some of my fears?
With the final issue of Young Avengers: Children Crusade coming out this week. The maxi-series seemed to have been forgotten for the most part since its first issue almost 2 years ago. Was this the plan the entire to have the series end at this time to coincide with the start of the AVX event or was it pushed back to make sure that it ended right before. I for one have really enjoyed the series, but just really frustrated because the extreme lag time between issues. I really hoped that in the end the series will be a change in direction of all the Young Avengers and take them on a path for a more solid footing in the future of Marvel comics.
1) Mr. Hickman has said many times that he would leave the F4 franchise years later, because he has planned ton of stories. Now, why will he leave both titles? Is there any chance he will give his notes to the next writer?
2) In the preview of CC #9, we saw a really angry Iron Lad. Could we see the rise of the new Kang, since it has teased some times?
1) Will Stryfe, who became the carrier of the Apocalypse at the end of history Messiah War, appear again in the Marvel Universe?
2) what is happening now with Onslaught and whether will he appear soon in the Marvel comics?
3) With powerful three characters appearing in AvX story[Phoenix Force-Hope-Scarlet Witch], Is Marvel planning to use the situation to renew or restart unversum like DC did with Flashpoint?
I hope the following statement will have any bearing on the new opening of Marvel Comics: David Gabriel [SVP of Sales, Marvel Entertainment]:
"When "Avengers VS X-Men" ends, the Marvel Universe will be a different place and the ramifications of certain actions by our major characters sets the tone for our new Marvel Universe."
4) Will we ever know with whom Magneto had telepathic contact during Magneto: Dark Seduction story?
Comic Related Questions
Is there any chance we will see former Ultimate Fantastic Four Members Sue and Ben show up in the new Ultimate Comics? I'm sure they would be interested to know about Reed as the Maker of the Children of Tomorrow and Johnny's whereabouts. I was also thinking since Sue is a biotechnologist, Fury could get her to come in and help analyze Miles. She could give an explanation as to how his abilities work and maybe even discover those webshooters that he so desperately needs. *wink* *wink*
Following the Spider-Man related questions. When can we expect to hear some new information about "Spider-Men"?
Lastly, with Ultimate Hawkeye finished are there plans for another Ultimate Universe Mini-series?
Do you think in the next 3 or 4 years, once the Ultimate Comics line has been fleshed out more, we will see a video game based in that world? Outside of the Ultimate Spider-Man game released some years ago we've only seen that Universe revisited briefly in Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions. These days many video games based on Marvel properties are tied to films. It would be nice to have a game just made from the ground up with the characters and universe in mind.
Hi Joe, Tom, or Axel...
Are there any plans to bring back Gwen Stacy for the Spider-Man movie? Sh's always been my favorite love interest for Spidey and I think her return is LONG overdue.
Also, will we be seeing Jack of Hearts make an appearance anytime soon?
I'm a big fan of your work. I was wondering if Bucky will be participating in AvX?
Any chances to see more soviet/russian characters in Winter Soldier?
Do you still have plans to do a Black Widow solo story someday?:smile:
Hello Mr. Brubaker,
What's this I hear about Diamondback possibly showing up in Captain America soon?
Dear Mr. Brubaker,
What's this I hear about you killing off Diamondback soon? If true, we are all awaiting this issue with baited breath!
Hi, Mr. Brubaker, a big fan here eagerly awaiting more Captain America related omnibuses on my shelves. You often only tip your hat to crossovers, what made you decide to write part of the Avengers vs X-Men title itself?
Also, I know this is a Marvel Q&A but what chance is there of your Batman run being reprinted?