PDA

View Full Version : My Name Is Earl

DennyK
09-04-2005, 08:55 PM
This looks like the only new show I'll try to make a point of watching every week instead taping and watching later (Night Stalker).

blackdragon6
09-04-2005, 09:28 PM
yeah it looks interesting so does surface.

DennyK
09-13-2005, 09:25 PM
bump...

Earl & The Office back to back.. oh yeah

The Joker
09-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I'm also very much looking forward to watching Earl. Looks like it's going to be a very funny show. Night Stalker is another one I'll have to Tivo.

Daniel Hopkins
09-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Im too lazy to search through google for a good site about nightstalker, does anybody know a good one, if so could you please link it?

Cheers.

monkeywarplane
09-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Really? I think by the ads, the show looks horrible.

There must be some worthiness as the network seems to be promoting the hell out of it.

Stuart

Steve
09-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Im too lazy to search through google for a good site about nightstalker, does anybody know a good one, if so could you please link it?

Cheers.
Here's one (http://abc.go.com/primetime/nightstalker/).

Predator
09-14-2005, 03:36 PM
When does this premiere? It looks like a decent show to try out.

StoneGold
09-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Speaking as someone who already saw the pilot for Nightstalker, unless they heavily retooled it, you won't be Tivoing it for very long.

The Joker
09-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Speaking as someone who already saw the pilot for Nightstalker, unless they heavily retooled it, you won't be Tivoing it for very long.

Going off of your opinion, it definately sounds like Nightstalker isnt even worth checking out. But if all you saw was the Pilot, then I think I'll still give it a try. Atleast for a few more episodes.
If it's not at all good after a few episodes, then I'll definately wont be Tivoing it at all. :)

Steve
09-14-2005, 06:03 PM
When does this premiere? It looks like a decent show to try out.
September 20th at 9 pm.

StoneGold
09-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Going off of your opinion, it definately sounds like Nightstalker isnt even worth checking out. But if all you saw was the Pilot, then I think I'll still give it a try. Atleast for a few more episodes.
If it's not at all good after a few episodes, then I'll definately wont be Tivoing it at all. :)
Hey, for all I know, they retooled the pilot also. That's why I was watching it, as a focus group. But the first episode, at least, seemed beyond redemption.

DennyK
09-18-2005, 05:20 PM
I finally saw some ads for both My Name Is Earl and The Office season premiers this Tuesday night. Looks like it could very well be the funniest single hour of television for me. Can't wait.

JadeDragon
09-18-2005, 05:36 PM
The ad firm I work at did some print advertising for Earl, so we all got to watch the first episode.

I LOVED it! Very cool and funny show. The actors are all great. I'll be watching every week!

Ciao!!~~~~JadeDragon

Ontir
09-19-2005, 06:03 PM
I saw My Name is Earl at the Museum of Television & Radio[/B] on friday night, and it's the funniest thing I've ever seen on network television!

acagle7
09-19-2005, 06:57 PM
It looks really good and I can't wait to see it.

GremlinClr
09-20-2005, 06:31 PM
That was a pretty damn funny show. Too bad it's on the same time as the Amazing Race so I probably won't get to watch it.

DennyK
09-21-2005, 06:08 AM
That was a truly odd half-hour, I liked it.

Shade
09-21-2005, 08:10 AM
"Oh no He did not go old school!!"

Fun show that made me laugh alot. I'll be back for more.

stealthwise
09-21-2005, 09:15 AM
I thought it wasn't bad for a pilot, though I'll admit that I only checked it out because of Jason Lee's involvement. Has promise though.

Lone Ranger
09-21-2005, 09:20 AM
bump...

Earl & The Office back to back.. oh yeah

Yup - it looks like one of the best hours of TV this season.

My high expectations were met with Earl - might be a tough premise to keep fresh, but it looks like they've got some quality writers aboard.

GremlinClr
09-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Ooooh, another reason to watch!

Jaime Pressley - the epitome of hawt!

http://www.spitemag.com/bile/jlo/media/jp.jpg

Man, it's hard finding a good pic of her that she ain't nekkid in

DennyK
09-21-2005, 11:07 AM
"Earl Jr. should be with his real father."

"You're a Carson Daly fan too?"

StoneGold
09-21-2005, 11:15 AM
I always new the Del Taco guy was gay...

josh straightedge
09-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Holy crap it was funny.

DennyK
09-21-2005, 11:20 AM
I always new the Del Taco guy was gay...

Regional references don't always work. :D

chyll10102
09-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Hey.......DIBS!!!

DennyK
09-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Hey.......DIBS!!!

:D I forgot about that one, especially in that guy's parent's house. :D

Beer can tag.. "You're it"

or the getaway driver sitting in the strip club with the bin Laden mask on.

StoneGold
09-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Regional references don't always work. :D
OK, the subject of tonight's good deed plays Dan the Del Taco guy on a series of commercials for the Mexican restaurant chain Del Taco. Basically playing more or less the same character.

His commercials are here http://www.deltaco.com/ads_set.html

HomerJay
09-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Pretty good.
Felt a bit like RAISING ARIZONA crossed with NAPOLEON DYNAMITE and then turned into a series.

DennyK
09-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Pretty good.
Felt a bit like RAISING ARIZONA crossed with NAPOLEON DYNAMITE and then turned into a series.

Yeah, the Raising Arizona I can see.

HomerJay
09-22-2005, 12:22 PM

There were some quirky "What the hell?" moments that invoked ND for me.

DennyK
09-22-2005, 12:54 PM
There were some quirky "What the hell?" moments that invoked ND for me.

I rented ND, hated it and didn't finish watching it, so I don't know.

StoneGold
09-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Mostly the mustache, I think.

Grant
09-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Mostly the mustache, I think.

I don't know. Jason Lee's inner monologue definately recalls Nicholas Cage's in Raising Arizona.

monkeywarplane
09-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Really? I think by the ads, the show looks horrible. There must be some worthiness as the network seems to be promoting the hell out of it.
Ok, I watched it out of pure curiousity, and was surprised. Good premiere in spite of the ads, and it's quite wacky in the vein of Scrubs. My question is, how long can they keep it up and running with the same premise before the novelty wears out?

Stuart

Ryan K
09-26-2005, 08:28 AM
I watched this on Bravo last night and really enjoyed it. I skipped it when it first aired because the jokes just didn't look funny in the commercials. But once ssen in the flow of the show I thought they were pretty good. Especially the bit about it wasn't necessary to run from the gay man. I might try to catch this from time to time.

DennyK
09-27-2005, 08:18 PM
So far they're two for two in the funny as Hell department.

"I've got Moses parting the Red Sea on my bottom, you wanna see it?"

The bumper sticker that said "JESUS IS MY AIRBAG"

"Where do you keep the stuff that kills people that I don't need a license for?"
"Aisle 4"

Grant
09-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Good stuff. This is quickly becoming my favorite new show.

I like where Donnie talks to his tatoo.

DF2506
09-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Just saw it (taped it at 8 and watched it a bit ago). It was hilarous! I couldn't stop laughing. Not only that, but I like the shows characters alot too. I think the premise of the show has so much potential! So far, they are living up to that potential. Just really funny stuff. Can't wait to see more!

One of my fav quotes from the episode (well, ok, it went something like this):

" How many kidnappings have you seen? " "Oh five or so."

Ok, another one: " Its poison! " " How poison? " hehehe.

DF2506
" I'm definitly going to continue watching this! "

DennyK
09-28-2005, 08:54 AM
I'm finding it tough to think of a better hour of TV right now between Earl & The Office , comedy or otherwise.

elheffe
09-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Last night's ep was great. The whole video will scene was great.

Ryan K
09-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't enjoy the second episode nearly as much as the first.

But the carrot joke was funny and I like Jamie Pressly's boyfriend/husband/whatever. He's just hilarious to me.

borateen
09-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't enjoy the second episode nearly as much as the first.

But the carrot joke was funny and I like Jamie Pressly's boyfriend/husband/whatever. He's just hilarious to me.

Gotta love the rubberband man.

StoneGold
09-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Gotta love the rubberband man.
Except now he's the Crab Man.

Although I have to wonder if that extends beyond seafood.

thor_is_dead
09-28-2005, 05:55 PM
I loved that bible.

thor_is_dead
09-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Also what happened to Scrubs i haven't seen it lately.

SPAfreak
09-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Also what happened to Scrubs i haven't seen it lately.

It's coming back in January.

The Lucky One
09-29-2005, 12:28 PM
I watched this on Bravo last night and really enjoyed it. I skipped it when it first aired because the jokes just didn't look funny in the commercials.

Well, it's been garnering comparisons to Wonderfalls and you didn't much care for that show, right Ryan? Might be the same reasons.
;)

Like it a lot, though. Swim practice keeps me away from home until 9:30, so thank you, Tivo!

-D

The Lucky One
09-29-2005, 12:29 PM
It's coming back in January.

Yeah... when you win Emmys, apparently the reward is having your show shoved to mid-year.
:rolleyes:

-D

Sam
09-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Yeah... when you win Emmys, apparently the reward is having your show shoved to mid-year.

-D

Unless you're on Fox, in which case they cut your season short for no good reason and threaten to cancel you.

Matt K
09-29-2005, 01:37 PM

-D

Well, it's not like NBC ever treated Scrubs with any sort of respect (like when they changed the night and time without any notice)

DennyK
10-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Another great episode tonight.

DennyK
10-19-2005, 05:32 AM
"The last time I was in front of so many people who couldn't speak English, I was robbing the DMV." :D

SPAfreak
10-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Well, it's been garnering comparisons to Wonderfalls and you didn't much care for that show, right Ryan? Might be the same reasons.
;)

Like it a lot, though. Swim practice keeps me away from home until 9:30, so thank you, Tivo!

-D

Wait, what comparisons are they making to Wonderfalls?

DennyK
10-19-2005, 11:13 AM
"I think I'll give this wedding dress to my sister to do lap dances in."

StrawNilla
10-19-2005, 12:53 PM
This show is great!

One of my favorite parts about last night's ep was when the people Earl was teaching english to surprised Earl by learning where he lived and coming over there just when he had called out to karma to save him.

Also, the plot behind the show is surprisingly unique, in a really good way.

DennyK
10-20-2005, 07:07 AM
The whole "teaching people to speak English" was straight out of Stripes (not sure if it was done before that, but that's where I first remember seeing it) and when the guy stood up and recited "if you have an erection that lasts for four hours, see your physician immediately" I laughed so hard my sides hurt.

artist2b
03-31-2006, 09:30 PM
My Name is Earl is a great show! I'm looking forward to the inevitable DVD release. I never miss an episode now.

SUPERECWFAN1
04-01-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm glad this made it to NBC instead of Fox. NBC has pretty much gave it the Thursday night spot home to Cheers,Cosby and Sienfeld now. ;)

sgt.candy
04-01-2006, 06:46 PM
im gonna watch the older episodes when i get my pc fixed

superecwfan i love you

CaptainAwesome
04-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah its one of my favorite cant miss shows. It has a great story with a great moral message. Plus Catalina is reallllly hot.

SUPERECWFAN1
04-01-2006, 07:02 PM
im gonna watch the older episodes when i get my pc fixed

superecwfan i love you

I know....I can feel the love from the message board. :)

LtMarvel
04-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Last week's bounty hunter episode was a hoot! Joy is a marvelous character.

atorifan
04-08-2006, 09:41 PM
i love earl! unfortunately i've missed several of the last episodes. the show is funny, touching, warm, dark, and most of all human!

ElectraAlan
01-19-2007, 11:30 AM
OK, I don't know if any of you still watch My Name Is Earl, and if you do I don't know if you've already heard about this, but on televisionwithoutpity there was a comment in the My Name Is Earl thread, dated Jan. 17, by whojackie:

First, I have to admit that Iíve noticed something weird about myself. I talk out loud when I type. Does anyone else do that?

>>The one thing I wish MNiE did more was wink to the audience now and again. I think it would be cool if they did more meta jokes like AD used to do. I think I would enjoy Earl and other shows more if they did. Does any one agree with me on this?<<

I have to say that I like my TV shows to be pure. When they start winking at the audience and trying to be too cute it really starts to chip away at the reality of the showís world for me. I like to think that the people in the show donít know the audience exists. When the writers use cheap and easy gags to amuse a small group of the audience it causes the rest of us to snap back into reality and remind us weíre just watching a show and that upsets me. And I'm sure it bothers other people as well. So, I guess my response to your question would be:

No, I donít think shows should do more meta jokes that cater to the online bloggers and Iím sure everyone at Television Without Pity Dot Com agrees with me.

OK, the last sentence of that post was quoted last night on "My Name Is Earl." Wow.

Sheldon
01-19-2007, 12:14 PM
To top it off....Joy's post about Josh being dead showed up on the board from the same user name

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3129222&st=2745#

Its pretty awesome. In addition whojackie also posted about a fear of dying in a murphy's bed back in November!

Merey
01-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Gotta love the 'Earl' writers. It looks like 'Earl' will now be meta-rifically entrenched at TWoP. Which, I suspect is squared meta reference to when Josh on West Wing fought "fans" on a message board...which was meta reference to when Aaron Sorkin (in real life) fought with his own writers (and fans, if I remember correctly) on the TWoP West Wing forums. See, one big giant, happy meta circle.

LordEd1976
01-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Whoever had the brillant idea of casting John Waters as the dierctor of the funeral home deserves a Nobel Prize for great idea.

Stranger With Candy
01-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I just bougt season 1 and i have to say, this might be my new favorite show.

LtMarvel
01-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Thank goodness for VCRs...(Smallville, My Name is Earl, Donneybrook-local show, etc all at the same time)

IamtheRock3
05-10-2007, 05:47 PM
wow kind of figure Earl would take the fall

But figure he just get an amount of time they conveintly the lenght of the the summer break before season 3

but 2 years, dang that tough

Least it prove he change, taking that hard hit to save Joy's family

It be funny to see Earl interact with his new roomate. Love that charcter

The Punished
05-11-2007, 06:55 AM
I loved the season's last episode. It was very good, and quite threw a curve at the normal episode guidelines.

Donald M.
05-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Two years is rough, but I think it's safe to say Earl's jail time won't last much longer than a few episodes into season 3.

IamtheRock3
05-12-2007, 02:24 PM
well they can always start 2 years after the season final

Play up how to people react to him. Is he the family hero for taking the fall. And how does that affect if Joy being nice to him. Or his father being proud of him. Probally weird him out

What andy do without him

is he bitter