PDA

View Full Version : Nude Female Superhero drawings

Kirk G
07-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Now that I have your attention, may I draw you to a request made by a fan who was looking for the adult version of Raven from the New Teen Titan comics. http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?p=1647181

Second, it quickly degenerated into (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) kidding about what he was looking for.
Now, we present the question out in the open.

How many of us would pay for nude drawings of our "favorite" comics female star? Is this truely what we read comics for?

Examples: She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Wonder Woman, Spider Girl, etc.
Comments please....

Dom
07-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Now that I have your attention, may I draw you to a request made by a fan who was looking for the adult version of Raven from the New Teen Titan comics.
Second, it quickly degenerated into (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) kidding about what he was looking for.

How many of us would pay for nude drawings of our "favorite" comics female star? Is this truely what we read comics for?

Comments please....

Fernandez already drew O'Brien nude in The Punisher.

And Miss Misery almost never had clothes on during the last 3 issues of Sleeper.

I'm good.

Murrocko
07-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Pay, no. I wouldn't mind seeing some of these characters nude, but not willing to pay when I can get real girls for free.

Eliseu Gouveia
07-20-2005, 07:26 PM
"Pay"?

I can draw a nude superheroine anytime I want. :p
Heck, I could probably draw the most torrid "Luke Cage crashlands in Themyscira" sexcapades imaginable, why would i need to "pay" for anything?

davids
07-20-2005, 07:30 PM
That's what you get when you marry a 6'1" red head.
I may be 4 inches taller and 100 pounds heavier[285] But she is a lot meaner!

MacQuarrie
07-20-2005, 08:40 PM
I seem to recall that back in the late '70s and early '80s, it was pretty common for artists at conventions to do nude drawings of super heroines. Then some guy from Covina got the bright idea to collect a pile of them and publish an erotic portfolio. DC and Marvel blew a gasket and laid down the law to their artists not to do it anymore.

Eliseu Gouveia
07-20-2005, 09:34 PM
We need a detective to track down a moron in the Covina area .

MacQuarrie
07-20-2005, 09:45 PM
We need a detective to track down a moron in the Covina area .
The store that sold them is long gone. Do a google search for Comic Heaven (i think they relocated to Texas) and if you find John Verzyl (I think that's the spelling) he may remember the guy who had them. Or it might have been the guy who bought the store from him who had the portfolios. Anyway...

Magneto_X
07-20-2005, 10:06 PM
IIRC Mark Bagley loves to draw Moonstone (from Thunderbolts) naked.

OxBaker
07-20-2005, 10:11 PM
That's what you get when you marry a 6'1" red head.
I may be 4 inches taller and 100 pounds heavier[285] But she is a lot meaner!

Damn, Watch out She-Hulk!

Headhunter
07-20-2005, 10:11 PM
If we're talking established characters like Wonder Woman, I'd rather it doesn't happen. If a mainstream artist started drawing iconic female characters naked, the character's credibility is shot.

Eliseu Gouveia
07-20-2005, 10:14 PM
IIRC Mark Bagley loves to draw Moonstone (from Thunderbolts) naked.

Personally, I´d have chosen Ororo but it is an excellent choice.

And SO much better than being cliché and chosing Wonder Woman like everybody else.....

Headhunter
07-20-2005, 10:15 PM
If we're talking established characters like Wonder Woman, I'd rather it doesn't happen. If a mainstream artist started drawing iconic female characters naked, the character's credibility is shot.

That said, relatively new characters would be cool; Dizzy from 100 Bullets is FINE. :)

howyadoin
07-21-2005, 12:47 AM
Considering how generic most comic-book women are, how could you even tell them apart if they were naked?

Grant
07-21-2005, 12:54 AM
Considering how generic most comic-book women are, how could you even tell them apart if they were naked?

Well couple of them are blue or green.

howyadoin
07-21-2005, 01:51 AM
Well couple of them are blue or green.Jesus, you're a geek...

heretic
07-21-2005, 02:37 AM
Why? It is not as if half the costumes are not spraypainted on... and for that matter the concept of such characters being non-celebate does not traumatise me.

HTG (admitted geek)

Spike-X
07-21-2005, 02:54 AM
How many of us would pay for nude drawings of our "favorite" comics female star?

Considering I've seen a number of real women naked, for free, I could think of better things to spend my hard-earned on.

DonC
07-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Dave Dorman's wife (whose name I can't recall right now) used to sell prints of nude paintings she had done. I recall she did Mary Jane Watson, She-Hulk, Supergirl, Catwoman, Lady Death and probably 15 others.

Eliseu Gouveia
07-21-2005, 05:05 PM
A naked Supergirl....
Could someone explain to me what´s the appeal of a naked 15 years old child again?http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0681069201/eh.gif

DonC
07-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Well, looking at one of her comics, you'd never know she was supposed to be 15. I didn't.

howyadoin
07-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Well, looking at one of her comics, you'd never know she was supposed to be 15. I didn't.She wasn't 15 back in the 60s, if I remember correctly. Wasn't she in college or something like that?

Alpha to Omega
07-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Why would anybody pay for drawings when there are hundreds of sites with free pictures of nude heroines out there?

K'Nort
07-21-2005, 05:48 PM
I saw some naked Wonder Woman sketches in San Diego. I could tell it was her because the only thing she was wearing was the tiara. Very large prints, too. Somewhere in or near Artist Alley.

Eliseu Gouveia
07-21-2005, 06:34 PM
I saw some naked Wonder Woman sketches in San Diego. I could tell it was her because the only thing she was wearing was the tiara. Very large prints, too. Somewhere in or near Artist Alley.

People who try to draw a naked Wonder Woman always screw one important aspect: Wonder Woman IS the uniform.
If they draw her bare naked, she´s no longer Wonder Woman but just some hot bunette with her tiara and bracers.

That´s what I call a catch 22. :p

howyadoin
07-21-2005, 06:44 PM
People who try to draw a naked Wonder Woman always screw one important aspect: Wonder Woman IS the uniform.
If they draw her bare naked, she´s no longer Wonder Woman but just some hot bunette with her tiara and bracers.That's what I was trying to get at earlier, but you put it much, much better.

Michael P
07-21-2005, 06:46 PM
A naked Supergirl....
Could someone explain to me what´s the appeal of a naked 15 years old child again?http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0681069201/eh.gif
Well, to another 15-year-old...

Eliseu Gouveia
07-21-2005, 06:54 PM
That's what I was trying to get at earlier, but you put it much, much better.

Thanks, I´ll be here all weekend. ;)

Well, to another 15-year-old...

I think 15 years old boys have other icons to drool at (preferably older and hotter women) . When I was 15 I was too busy staring at (Shang Shi´s girlfriend) Leiko Wu to even notice Supergirl.

Suzanne
07-21-2005, 11:04 PM
I wouldn't pay for nude female sketches, but nude men on the other hand... ;)

howyadoin
07-22-2005, 03:23 AM
When I was 15 I was too busy staring at (Shang Shi´s girlfriend) Leiko Wu to even notice Supergirl.Holy shit, there's a name you don't hear every day.

It was the leather pants, wasn't it?

Typo Lad
07-22-2005, 03:32 AM
Actually, "T. Catt" is a buddy.

Don't know who he is?

Google.

Just not at work.

He's a VERY good artist, but hates doing sequentials. He's making a nice living at a major gaming company now.

Sheldon
07-22-2005, 03:33 AM
I have a buddy who would sell commisions on ebay. He did it 3 times, but got sick of drawing naked comic book women. Some were pretty specific, like Lara Croft stealing Wonder Woman's lasso while Diana is showering....but others were just stuff like Storm going at it with Jean Grey. People were paying 100 dollars for these things....

Paradox
07-22-2005, 03:47 AM
I was at a con a few years ago, and inker Ron Boyd had a whole BOOK filled with pics he'd drawn of naked Legionnaires. :) I didn't buy any, of course.

Still, if there was a book out that had well-done naked heroes it, I might pick it up as a novelty item. I bought those Swimsuit issues, after all...

Paradox
07-22-2005, 03:49 AM
Morts didn't tell all:

Don't know who he is?

Of course I do (gee, are you surprised?). THAT'S why his name kept coming up in related discussions with you long ago! I didn't know you KNEW him, just thought you were a fan!

Eliseu Gouveia
07-22-2005, 04:56 AM
Holy shit, there's a name you don't hear every day.

It was the leather pants, wasn't it?

Quite probably :p

I think Mike Zeck´s best works were on Shang Shi (and my Leiko Wu ;) ), his later Secret Wars and Captain America stuff simply didn´t have as much magic.

Typo Lad
07-22-2005, 05:36 AM
Of course I do (gee, are you surprised?).

Not hardly.

THAT'S why his name kept coming up in related discussions with you long ago! I didn't know you KNEW him, just thought you were a fan!

I'm a fan of his non-nude art, and think his nude art is funny. He's actually devoted less time to it of late, but keeps getting requests.

He does so love his fan base.

NormanB
07-22-2005, 06:25 AM
Well couple of them are blue or green.

I'd hit up a blue chick.

Namorita's hot.

Kirk G
07-22-2005, 02:39 PM
"Pay"?

I can draw a nude superheroine anytime I want. :p
Heck, I could probably draw the most torrid "Luke Cage crashlands in Themyscira" sexcapades imaginable, why would i need to "pay" for anything?
Now THAT I would pay to see....
The next DC/Marvel Cross-Over to cross-over all markets as well!!!!

Kirk G
07-22-2005, 02:41 PM
I seem to recall that back in the late '70s and early '80s, it was pretty common for artists at conventions to do nude drawings of super heroines. Then some guy from Covina got the bright idea to collect a pile of them and publish an erotic portfolio. DC and Marvel blew a gasket and laid down the law to their artists not to do it anymore.

OK, I guess it was only a matter of time....

Does anyone know if this actually got published?
And if so, what was it called?
Has it become particularly collectible?
Has anyone seen it to verify that it exists???

Kirk G
07-22-2005, 02:45 PM
If they draw her bare naked, she´s no longer Wonder Woman but just some hot brunette with her tiara and bracers.

That´s what I call a catch 22. :p

That's exactly been my point about recognising Wanda Maximoff without her damn Scarlett Witch costume... just another well proportioned brunette unless she's wearing that cowl/tiara/headpiece to identify her.
For several years, the same could have been said about Ororo, but since her mohawk and other appearances, she's now easier to recognise...

Alpha to Omega
07-22-2005, 02:52 PM
I'd hit up a blue chick.

Namorita's hot.

Namorita isn't blue anymore. Yes I am that much of nerd.

Typo Lad
07-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Namorita isn't blue anymore. Yes I am that much of nerd.

Nope, she's blue again. Check the new NW mini.

Magneto_X
07-22-2005, 04:02 PM
I was at a con a few years ago, and inker Ron Boyd had a whole BOOK filled with pics he'd drawn of naked Legionnaires. :) I didn't buy any, of course.

Yeah, sure Dox. ;)

Magneto_X
07-22-2005, 04:04 PM
I'd hit up a blue chick.

Namorita's hot.

You see Erik Larsen's Nova series? Joe Benett draws a *fine* Namorita. He'd be a great New Warriors artist IMO.

Bennett is such an under-rated artist. :(

Draconomicon
07-22-2005, 04:40 PM

Don't know who he is?

Google.

Just not at work.

He's a VERY good artist, but hates doing sequentials. He's making a nice living at a major gaming company now.
Now thats a name you dont hear very often.
A few years ago he searched for people to color his stuff. I tried to get the gig but was turned down :(
Still he is an incredible artist.

Spike-X
07-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Could someone explain to me what´s the appeal of a naked 15 years old child again?

If you have to ask...

Winslow
07-22-2005, 05:37 PM
I have a buddy who would sell commisions on ebay. He did it 3 times, but got sick of drawing naked comic book women. Some were pretty specific, like Lara Croft stealing Wonder Woman's lasso while Diana is showering....but others were just stuff like Storm going at it with Jean Grey. People were paying 100 dollars for these things....

Dang. If I could draw and had no scruples . . . .

Kirk G
07-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Don't know who he is?
Google.
Just not at work.

Damn! I tried this, and WOW, was I impressed. The guy is GOOD!

Second, THANK YOU THANK YOU for the warning not to try it on your work computer. Very cool to give us that warning!

Third, is the image below Raven? I'm curious why he hasn't attempted Raven if it is not. http://www.catthouse.com/T.Catt/Vampirella-o.jpg

Fourth, Thank you one and all for your spirited discussion of this hetherto hush-hush topic that apparantly many of us have been familiar with. We now return you to the vanilla G-rated comic discussions I am more usually associated with. <poof>

Michael P
07-23-2005, 08:54 AM
Third, is the image below Raven? I'm curious why he hasn't attempted Raven if it is not. http://www.catthouse.com/T.Catt/Vampirella-o.jpg

Given the name "Vampirella" right in the middle there, I'm guessing it's not.

And is anyone else a bit creeped out by his Wonder Girl/Stargirl material?

Typo Lad
07-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Damn! I tried this, and WOW, was I impressed. The guy is GOOD!

Yup. He very much rocks artistically. However, if his bosses knew that he was T. Catt he'd be fired and fed to DC/Marvel's lawyers.

Second, THANK YOU THANK YOU for the warning not to try it on your work computer. Very cool to give us that warning!

His Triad pic is enough to get anyone fired.

Um, no that's Vampirella. He's done some of the Titans though. I actually find his drawing "teen" heroes a bit creepy.

Des Manders is another artist though, and he's obsessed with Firestar.

Knowing T. Catt opened a whole new world for me. Seriously.

Although I could have done without the guy who penned the "Dexter's Lab" incest comic. Ew. Apparently he's done a ton of these, very good line art, but always incest.

That was when I asked people to only send me non-nude art.

Magneto_X
07-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Yup. He very much rocks artistically. However, if his bosses knew that he was T. Catt he'd be fired and fed to DC/Marvel's lawyers.

His Triad pic is enough to get anyone fired.

Um, no that's Vampirella. He's done some of the Titans though. I actually find his drawing "teen" heroes a bit creepy.

Des Manders is another artist though, and he's obsessed with Firestar.

Knowing T. Catt opened a whole new world for me. Seriously.

Although I could have done without the guy who penned the "Dexter's Lab" incest comic. Ew. Apparently he's done a ton of these, very good line art, but always incest.

This guy is wasting his time doing this. He could seriously be a mainstream comic artist with his talent, IMO.

Draconomicon
07-23-2005, 07:27 PM

Pandora?
His/her non-nude DBZ art totally rocks.
He also did draw a cool Black Bolt / Banshee pic I dearly love.

Typo Lad
07-23-2005, 07:35 PM
This guy is wasting his time doing this. He could seriously be a mainstream comic artist with his talent, IMO.

He has a VERY good art-related job right now. He's more worried about his bosses finding out that he's "T.Catt" than he is DC/marvel.

Pandora?

I guess so. Never caught his/her name.

His/her non-nude DBZ art totally rocks.
He also did draw a cool Black Bolt / Banshee pic I dearly love.

He/she could get a work at any comic company out there, if you ask me. He/she disturbs me with his/her choice of themes though.

Grimm24
07-23-2005, 08:33 PM
In some sense with artists drawing superheroines more atrative as time goes on its almost better to leave it the way it is because somtimes its always best to leave things to the imagination

Paradox
07-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Magneto_X thinks I lack credibility:

Yeah, sure Dox. ;)

I didn't! They were too damned expensive. ;)

Bakema NL
07-24-2005, 05:37 AM
Now that I have your attention, may I draw you to a request made by a fan who was looking for the adult version of Raven from the New Teen Titan comics. http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?p=1647181

Comments please....

Pay? I wouldn't pay for it, but I would not request it either from an artist. If an artist does a nude drawing himself that's perfectly fine with me of course.........I think I have a few of them from European artists.
Nothing wrong with nude comic book characters, it can be fun. But nude or not, it's the art that's still most important to me. If I want to get off there are better things than comics, never understood that appeal.

atoningunifex
07-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Well, I wouldn't pay a single cent for a nude drawing of some super gal. But that's not surprising.

As for the whole "Well, if they don't have the costume how would you recognize them" thing- yeah, that's one of the pitfalls of comics. I'd imagine that a more skilled artist would find a way to incluide the identity in there in some amusing way.

I'm actually thinking of Adam Hughes when I say that. He draws such great cheesecake stuff. Always kinda silly and fun.

Do you breeder boys like humor with your spank fantasy pictures? I'm curious.

Bakema NL
07-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Well, I wouldn't pay a single cent for a nude drawing of some super gal. But that's not surprising.

As for the whole "Well, if they don't have the costume how would you recognize them" thing- yeah, that's one of the pitfalls of comics. I'd imagine that a more skilled artist would find a way to incluide the identity in there in some amusing way.

I'm actually thinking of Adam Hughes when I say that. He draws such great cheesecake stuff. Always kinda silly and fun.

The recent Punisher issue had nude titties and were drawn a little different than the standard silicone fare. She was sitting on top of the Punisher, after having received her punishment and the boobs were hanging down and they were of normal size, actually hang....good job there, nothing exaggerated.

Eliseu Gouveia
07-24-2005, 08:45 AM

What´s a "breeder boy"? :confused:

Spike-X
07-24-2005, 12:35 PM

I do. I used to love the Amazing Heroes Swimsuit Edition.

Paradox
07-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Eliseu Gouveia wants a definition:

What´s a "breeder boy"? :confused:

A male heterosexual.

Eliseu Gouveia
07-24-2005, 09:11 PM
A male heterosexual.

Oh.
Because we breed!

..... I never thought about it that way, it´s.......... clever.

Gumbo Maximillian
07-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Pay for a nude drawing on a superheroine?

Almost pointless really; I mean some change in inking and they would already be nude.

MacQuarrie
07-24-2005, 09:33 PM
OK, I guess it was only a matter of time....

Does anyone know if this actually got published?
And if so, what was it called?
Has it become particularly collectible?
Has anyone seen it to verify that it exists???
Depends on your definition of "published." The comic store I mentioned had a half-dozen or so copies on the shelf at the time (circa 1980), but I never saw them at any other stores.

Yes, I saw it. I can't remember what it was called, other than that it was labeled as a portfolio. The one drawing I remember was a nude Wonder Woman holding her uniform at arm's length with the (then new and somewhat controversial) WW logo prominently displayed. She's saying "Tell Ms. Kahn that I'm done with this."

Can't tell you if it's collectible. All I know for sure is that the guy was told not to sell them anymore, and that the next year all the artists in the Marvel booth were rubber-stamping copyright notices on the backs of all their sketches.

Magneto_X
07-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Pay for a nude drawing on a superheroine?

Silly isn't it? All you need to do is convince your girlfriend to dress up like Wonder Woman then have sex with her.

MacQuarrie
07-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Silly isn't it? All you need to do is convince your girlfriend to dress up like Wonder Woman then have sex with her.
Assumes facts not in evidence. Anyone care to speculate as to the precentage of guys requesting this sort of artwork who have girlfriends? My guess is it's a low number.

PatrickG
07-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Without getting into the libellous details, it's my understanding that a current comics pro had a fax machine-based affair with a comic shop owner's wife via dirty sketches.

Both the pro and the (ex)wife are fairly well known now.

So it is possible to have a girlfriend and involve the dirty pictures, particularly if you're both into them...

Magneto_X
07-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Assumes facts not in evidence. Anyone care to speculate as to the precentage of guys requesting this sort of artwork who have girlfriends? My guess is it's a low number.

Damn. Can't argue with that.

Magneto_X
07-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Without getting into the libellous details, it's my understanding that a current comics pro had a fax machine-based affair with a comic shop owner's wife via dirty sketches.

Both the pro and the (ex)wife are fairly well known now.

So it is possible to have a girlfriend and involve the dirty pictures, particularly if you're both into them...

If you're not joking (which I think you are) that's a crappy way of having an affair.

Rachel Grey
07-25-2005, 01:44 AM

Apart from the knockers dose WW have anything going for her?

berk
07-25-2005, 02:43 AM
Jim Steranko once did some very attractive semi-nudes of various superheroines. I just tried googling for them but had no luck tracking them down, though. If I find any samples I'll post the link later on.

Eliseu Gouveia
07-25-2005, 03:21 AM

Not really, no.
She´s just an amazing person in an extremelly beautifull, sexy, magnificently sculpted demigoddess´body.
Who in their right mind would care for someone like that? :rolleyes:

Jake V
07-25-2005, 03:24 AM
Well, there's the tiara.

If you're into that sort of thing.

Also, she comes with a rope at all times, you can imagine the uses.

heretic
07-25-2005, 04:35 AM
A lot depends on the artist and/or your mental image of her, but the sleek power of an Amazon appeals to many.

HTG

Rachel Grey
07-25-2005, 05:03 AM
A lot depends on the artist and/or your mental image of her, but the sleek power of an Amazon appeals to many.

HTG

Fair enough. I've only seen her in the toons so she just seems rather average to me. Shrug.

Grant
07-25-2005, 05:06 AM
Jesus, you're a geek...

C'mon I'm not that bad. I wouldn't be able to tell difference between naked She Hulk and naked Jade.

Grant
07-25-2005, 05:09 AM

How many girlfriends are willing to do that?

MacQuarrie
07-25-2005, 06:26 AM
Jim Steranko once did some very attractive semi-nudes of various superheroines. I just tried googling for them but had no luck tracking them down, though. If I find any samples I'll post the link later on.
Look on Ebay. I've seen them there.

Crimson
07-25-2005, 06:26 AM
Considering I wouldn't pay for "normal porn" I wouldn't pay for "comic porn"

K'Nort
07-25-2005, 07:47 AM

Most who are willing to be the girlfriend of a comic geek in the first place, I'd guess. They're going to expect it to come with the territory.

And naked Jade and She-Hulk would look TOTALLY different.

Archyduke
07-25-2005, 09:03 AM
Most who are willing to be the girlfriend of a comic geek in the first place, I'd guess. They're going to expect it to come with the territory.

Ehh... I don't think most girlfriends of comic book fans are *that* permissive. I certainly wouldn't pull that kind of request on mine if I wanted to keep all my pieces intact.

Shellhead
07-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Fair enough. I've only seen her in the toons so she just seems rather average to me. Shrug.

Google "Wonder Woman George Perez" and you should get some great pictures of her.

jimmyraker
10-23-2007, 12:36 AM
i guess adam hughes drawn nude superheroines like batgirl, wonder woman or another female characters !!

niall mc cann
10-23-2007, 03:29 AM

Tell me this... I have a girlfriend, yet i still look at porn.

Am I that unusual?:o

Deathstroke
10-23-2007, 05:09 AM
It certainly would qualify as original art to have a nude female superhero drawing, but if I ever reach the point of actually asking someone for that, I'll have reached a level of pathetic heretofore unknown to me.

Just shoot me then.

Agent Helix
10-23-2007, 05:28 AM
Considering that the internet has made porn boring, I'd have to see some ass-to-mouth or anal fisting before I'd be all that interested in Jean Gray's vagina.

Spackling Compound
10-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Considering I've seen a number of real women naked, for free, I could think of better things to spend my hard-earned on.

Ha..agreed. I was wondering if this post came from some fanzine back in 1973 or something? I mean, that was sort of naughty when I was 10 and would erase Betty and Veronica's bathing suits or draw naked pictures of Wonder Woman (with what misunderstood female anatomy I knew back then, I probably included testicles...).

Photoshopping and manipulation with computers have made naked supergirls sort of a boom on the darkside of the 'net. There are several fansites that take nude Playboy pictures and superimpose costumes or features of superheroines on them. Not to mention the many Disney Princess or superheroine porn pics (for pay!).

Then there's the stuff that's out in the mainstream already, such as Greg Land's photo-rip offs and some of the Bene's tNa's.

But..no. I wouldn't pay for a nude picture of a fictionalized character.

Spackling Compound
10-23-2007, 05:45 AM
A naked Supergirl....

If we did, this thread would be locked.

thehod
10-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Some serious thread resurection going on here..

Considering that the internet has made porn boring, I'd have to see some ass-to-mouth or anal fisting before I'd be all that interested in Jean Gray's vagina.

And if that doesn't make the next Digest there's no justice in the world.

Matt Algren
10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
i guess adam hughes drawn nude superheroines like batgirl, wonder woman or another female characters !!
Are you still preparing (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?p=2116263#post2116263) your "paper" for "college"? It's been two years, after all.

mattx110
10-23-2007, 03:36 PM

the kind that cost $85.99 and need batteries.

BYC
10-23-2007, 03:37 PM
I think Benes draws a lot of naked pin-ups that he has on his personal site, as well as a lot of pin-ups in general.

Cho does naked as well.

I think either Benitz did an actual porn comic at one point. Can't remember if it was him or another Brazilian artist. Wasn't there a few of them with very similar names? As far as I know/remember/was told, it was the same artist was did one of the X-Men AoA original series stuff that wasn't MAD.

Toreador
10-23-2007, 05:58 PM
There are probably hundreds of web sites where you can get free nude superheroines drawings, why pay for it? I've also seen some x-rated Simpsons, Family Guy and even Avatar and Juniper Lee (someplace called H_artists or something like that). Name a cartoon or comic female and there's probably a nude drawing of her somewhere.

T.Catt's great. Some other good ones are an artist called Raul, Byron or Ray (someone mentioned fisting might want to see the Xena/Gabrielle sketch), and Al Rio.

A really great photomanipulator artist is someone called 4F.

Elegance Liberty
10-23-2007, 06:25 PM
4chan. Rule 34, people, Rule 34.

However, I have yet to see a Rule 34 of the one thing I want the most. What that is, I'll never tell, but my future boyfriend will probably not be pleased.

Michael P
10-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Name a cartoon or comic female and there's probably a nude drawing of her somewhere.

And probably another one of her with a penis.

Magneto_X
10-23-2007, 06:48 PM

Average? If a woman looked like that in real life she'd be in the Victoria's Secret A-list alongside Giselle Bunchen (sp?), Heidi Klum, Adriana Lima, Bar Refaeli and Alessandra Ambrosio! :D

MKTerra
10-23-2007, 07:25 PM
It'd be nice if the US industry were more relaxed about fancomics. In Japan they're called doujinshi, are openly sold at conventions and such, and alot are porn. But the manga industry lets the doujin industry thrive, and harvests good artists/writers from it down the road. Meanwhile, readers get to enjoy, ah, alternate depictions of established characters :p It's like the minor leagues. (Note: I don't know sports, so I hope that analogy isn't too far off.)

Ah, here's (http://www.sslug.dk/~chlor/lessig/freeculture/c-piracy.html#creators) where I'm remembering that argument from (besides my own doujinshi fandom). I haven't actually read Lessig before, but saw the relevant quote and citation today.

But my purpose here is not to understand manga. It is to describe a variant on manga that from a lawyer's perspective is quite odd, but from a Disney perspective is quite familiar.

This is the phenomenon of doujinshi. Doujinshi are also comics, but they are a kind of copycat comic. A rich ethic governs the creation of doujinshi. It is not doujinshi if it is just a copy; the artist must make a contribution to the art he copies, by transforming it either subtly or significantly. A doujinshi comic can thus take a mainstream comic and develop it differently--with a different story line. Or the comic can keep the character in character but change its look slightly. There is no formula for what makes the doujinshi sufficiently "different." But they must be different if they are to be considered true doujinshi. Indeed, there are committees that review doujinshi for inclusion within shows and reject any copycat comic that is merely a copy.

These copycat comics are not a tiny part of the manga market. They are huge. More than 33,000 "circles" of creators from across Japan produce these bits of Walt Disney creativity. More than 450,000 Japanese come together twice a year, in the largest public gathering in the country, to exchange and sell them. This market exists in parallel to the mainstream commercial manga market. In some ways, it obviously competes with that market, but there is no sustained effort by those who control the commercial manga market to shut the doujinshi market down. It flourishes, despite the competition and despite the law. ...

Yet this illegal market exists and indeed flourishes in Japan, and in the view of many, it is precisely because it exists that Japanese manga flourish.

Dan Apodaca
10-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Every time you masturbate to a female superhero, take a moment to think of the person who created her. 9 times out of 10, you're getting an old guy.

Michael P
10-23-2007, 07:39 PM
It'd be nice if the US industry were more relaxed about fancomics.

No, it wouldn't. This sort of nonsense should not be encouraged.

Spackling Compound
10-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Every time you masturbate to a female superhero, take a moment to think of the person who created her. 9 times out of 10, you're getting an old guy.

Enhances the experience for ya?

MKTerra
10-23-2007, 07:52 PM
No, it wouldn't. This sort of nonsense should not be encouraged.I expanded my point to fancomics in general, which includes non-porn ones. Re: porn ones specifically, well...

Michael P
10-23-2007, 07:53 PM
I expanded my point to fancomics in general, which includes non-porn ones. Re: porn ones specifically, well...

My position remains the same.

MKTerra
10-23-2007, 08:29 PM
My position remains the same.Meaning you wouldn't like a thriving amateur fancomic scene, even a non-porn one? Well, to each their own, then.

JeffreyWKramer
10-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Meaning you wouldn't like a thriving amateur fancomic scene, even a non-porn one? Well, to each their own, then.

Most fancomics are just plain horrid, just like most fanfiction.

On the other hand, a lot of the Marvel and DC books are so awful right now that fancomic versions might well be better than the official ones.

Magneto_X
10-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Most fancomics are just plain horrid, just like most fanfiction.

On the other hand, a lot of the Marvel and DC books are so awful right now that fancomic versions might well be better than the official ones.

All "fancomics" are is indy comics with unknown creators doing stories of licensed characters. I'm sure there's gotta be *some* good ones in there.

Hell, there are already artists posted in this thread who could work as pro's in the comics field (i'm not counting the actual pro's like Benes) if they desired it.

Get them a decent writer and some experience drawing comics and they'll be fine.

JeffreyWKramer
10-23-2007, 08:51 PM
All "fancomics" are is indy comics with unknown creators doing stories of licensed characters. I'm sure there's gotta be *some* good ones in there.
Sure. And there have probably been a handfull of good pieces of fanfic written. But, most fanfic sucks rancid rhino cock.

Really, a lot of what's awful in mainstream comics right now is the result of fannish writers coming in and doing what they think would be cool with licensed characters and properties. A lot of fancomics would make Judd Winnick seem like Alan Moore by comparison.

Typo Lad
10-24-2007, 02:24 AM
T.Catt's great.

That's because he's a pro using a pseudonym and altered style.

Brian Cronin
10-24-2007, 02:31 AM
What an odd thread to revive.

Let it die!!

-Brian