PDA

View Full Version : Very unusual choices for Avenger Membership

o1pickleboy
05-17-2005, 08:36 AM
I thought I would make a poll with some of the most unusual character out there. To see if I could spark any interest in them becoming Avengers. Remember these choices are coming out of left field. So vote for the one that is the least painful for ya.

UncleBob
05-17-2005, 09:04 AM
I think they should recruit Glamor!

Gaz
05-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Karnak would actually be interesting, his power fits nicely with most lineups and he'd have entertaining friction with normal human team members like IM and Cap.

The Shadow
05-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Puck

There just aren't enough acrobatic small people in comics today!

BlackKnight
05-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Puck

Oh my god we agreed... *whating for my heart attack* :)

Puck, has a great personility and is not over-used.. I think he would a fun addition to the team.

Bordnlazy
05-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Oh my god we agreed... *whating for my heart attack* :)

Puck, has a great personility and is not over-used.. I think he would a fun addition to the team.

I also voted for puck :p , I also think the character has great personality and is a good team player.

Tobias March
05-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Puck also. Just so we can salvage an Alpha Flight character.

Dr. Hfuhruhurr
05-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Got to go with Brother Voodoo. Of all the bad names given to black comic book characters, that one is right up there. Sweet Christmas!

ChildOfTheDarkholde
05-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Hot, steamy Magma...

Kirk G
05-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Puck also. Just so we can salvage an Alpha Flight character.
I can also see some friction with Logan over skewering Northstar, Puck's former teammate... but considering Jean Paul was an iritating SOB, Puck might NOT be so upset after all!!! :D

Tobias March
05-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Yeah, didn't Jean Paul really resent Puck's intentions as regards his sister?

jadegiant77
05-17-2005, 03:02 PM
um...hows about none of the above? Geez, why not add Foolkiller? :D

The Fury
05-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Karnak

Just becuase of his abilities. He could take out anyone and anything easier then anearly all the Avengers combined.

Tenebrae
05-17-2005, 03:40 PM
I think there are quite a few characters here who could make cool Avengers. Magma, Karnak, Smasher, Longshot, Shape, Puck... all would work.

Gonna vote for Magma though. I'm a sucker for the New Mutants. :)

milhouse123321
05-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Puck all the way, eh?

Reptisaurus!
05-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Cool Poll. Voted Magma, but I'd love to see Puck, Brother Voodoo and Karnak join up.

But not all at once.

twilight
05-18-2005, 03:05 AM
Shape!!

I love his malformed lower body :D

I'm disgusted but I cannot look away

jemini169
05-18-2005, 05:52 AM
I love Puck and Brother Voodoo (and voted for BV). Either way, I am not sure either fits with the Avengers. I could definitely see Puck somewhere in an X title. BV would have been a great character in the MAX line.

It's possible that BV could somehow fit in the Avengers, but he would definitely need a little reworking (costume and powers)...and I am afraid such a reworking would ruin what I love about the character.

As an interesting side note, I have a great mini-series idea with BV as one of the characters...let me know if anyone is interested and I might share it.

Jemini

BlackKnight
05-18-2005, 05:59 AM
I love Puck and Brother Voodoo (and voted for BV). Either way, I am not sure either fits with the Avengers. I could definitely see Puck somewhere in an X title. BV would have been a great character in the MAX line.

It's possible that BV could somehow fit in the Avengers, but he would definitely need a little reworking (costume and powers)...and I am afraid such a reworking would ruin what I love about the character.

As an interesting side note, I have a great mini-series idea with BV as one of the characters...let me know if anyone is interested and I might share it.

Jemini

Man if they can fit the square peg that is wolverine into the round slot that is the Avengers they could put anyone on the team. So I think everyone fits in Nu Avengers...

Smarty Jones
05-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Personally, I would love to see Lockjaw in The Avengers. But from among the list, the most unusual choice would be Brother Voodoo.

o1pickleboy
05-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Personally, I would love to see Lockjaw in The Avengers. But from among the list, the most unusual choice would be Brother Voodoo.

Were you going for most unusual. I was looking for who you wanted the most. I just gave unusual choices to shake things up.

No love for the Atom Smasher I see.

DDM
05-29-2005, 12:46 PM
What about Aphrodite, Goddess of Love? I love the What If #9...The Avengers Had Been Formed in 1950's? story.

Of the choices, I'll pick Captain Ultra . He's alot better than Wolverine, Spider-Man, & Luke Cage as Avengers. Heck, Brother Voodoo is better choice than Wolverine!

o1pickleboy
05-29-2005, 12:56 PM
What about Aphrodite, Goddess of Love? I love the What If #9...The Avengers Had Been Formed in 1950's? story.

Of the choices, I'll pick Captain Ultra . He's alot better than Wolverine, Spider-Man, & Luke Cage as Avengers. Heck, Brother Voodoo is better choice than Wolverine!

That was Venus, and I almost but her on the poll. Maybe I will do another one if this drops to the bottom again.

DDM
05-29-2005, 01:30 PM
That was Venus, and I almost but her on the poll. Maybe I will do another one if this drops to the bottom again.

Venus is Aphrodite's Roman name. Either way, we're still talking about the same goddess.

Sharcque
05-29-2005, 01:44 PM
I voted Magma....I love her depiction in X-Men: The End!

Who is Captain Ultra?

Alan2099
05-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Who is Captain Ultra?
The guy in my avatar.

He's your typical Super strong, can fly, nice guy type hero, that's also a balding failed stand up commedian and is deathly afraid of fire.

protege
05-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Can we have wite in candiates? like Gorgon, from the inhumans, or Doctor Spectrum, from the squadron supreme?

Sharcque
05-29-2005, 02:30 PM
The guy in my avatar.

He's your typical Super strong, can fly, nice guy type hero, that's also a balding failed stand up commedian and is deathly afraid of fire.
Hey!! I know him! Wasn't he in Day of the Defender?

Ronald Bryan
05-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Karnak all the way, baby! Fabian showed me the light!

o1pickleboy
05-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Venus is Aphrodite's Roman name. Either way, we're still talking about the same goddess.

I apologize, My greek mythology is up to what is used to be. I was thinking Aphrodite was a different goddress.

tangentman
05-29-2005, 04:48 PM
I voted for Magma--she's powerful and skilled enough to hang with the Avengers. Anyone with the degree of control and versatility, not to mention strength of will, of Magma's level is A-Team material. She's a team player, but has enough attitude to challenge the "nicer" Avengers like Cap.

A Tony/Amara hookup could make for interesting drama as May/December relationship between two modern aristocrats.

ghostrider666
05-29-2005, 05:31 PM
None of the above. Those characters mostly suck.

grendel824
05-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Atom-Smasher is a DC JSA character. The Imperial Guard character you're thinking of is just called "Smasher" last time I checked.

Tobias March
06-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Captain Hip. Because the team, heck the world, needs a character who apparently owes his powers to the experiences of Ken Kesey :D

StoneGold
06-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Battling Bantam!!! Because every super hero team needs a boxer who dresses up like a chicken.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/bantamcap1.jpg

o1pickleboy
06-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Can we have wite in candiates? like Gorgon, from the inhumans, or Doctor Spectrum, from the squadron supreme?

Yes, but only if they are an unusual choice.

Tragix
06-16-2005, 01:58 AM
TOXIN (the latest symbiote)...

Babylon23
06-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Given how bizarre the current lineup of New Avengers is, I think any of these characters could potentially join up.

I'm voting for Brother Voodoo. Bendis loves his 70's Marvel characters, and the Brother would fit in perfectly.

bones mccoy
06-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah, didn't Jean Paul really resent Puck's intentions as regards his sister?
he was just jealous that she wouldn't sleep with him anymore.

Jared H.
06-19-2005, 12:04 PM
he was just jealous that she wouldn't sleep with him anymore.

Ummm, Northstar is gay, not incestuous. Perhaps you're thinking of ultimate Pietro and Wanda?

Anywho, I'd be equally happy to see either Puck or Karnak on the roster.

Oh, and is this for the New Avengers, or the pre-Dissassembled Avengers?

JLarson
06-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Beak would make the best Avenger EVER.

tangentman
06-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Beak would make the best Avenger EVER.

Beak would make the best Kentucky-fried chicken dinner EVER :evilsmile

o1pickleboy
06-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Beak would make the best Kentucky-fried chicken dinner EVER :evilsmile

Kentucky fried Beak........ugg no thanks.

I would rather go to Long John Silvers and try the Namor special

Tobias March
06-21-2005, 04:06 AM
Ummm, Northstar is gay, not incestuous. Perhaps you're thinking of ultimate Pietro and Wanda?

I did think they played it like a second rate pairing of Wanda and Pietro. Aurora and Northstar were shown to have a very similar relationship (jealous brother and over-protective, slightly dotty female sibling etc.) - but then Marvel women are generally within spitting distance of insanity half the time :(

tangentman
06-21-2005, 06:11 PM
Kentucky fried Beak........ugg no thanks.

I would rather go to Long John Silvers and try the Namor special

...or you could visit your local Humane Society shelter and adopt a pet Tigra, Falcon, or Mockingbird :evilsmile

Blackcat
06-24-2005, 03:57 AM
MAGMA of course, she's hot (in more than 1 ways LOL)

SlightlyMad
06-24-2005, 06:15 AM

There was a story in Midnight Sons Unlimited, in the late 90s, where he just called himself Jericho Drumm, rather than Brother Voodoo & had a really cool look (it's because of that story that I voted for him).
Besides, if Dr Druid was able to get on an old team, then let the Brutha on the new team!

o1pickleboy
06-26-2005, 06:43 PM
...or you could visit your local Humane Society shelter and adopt a pet Tigra, Falcon, or Mockingbird :evilsmile

I would rather go to the pet store and buy a pet spider man and feed it my pet wasp.

Sam T.
06-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Who's voting for Brother voodoo???? :eek:

Tobias March
06-29-2005, 10:10 AM

Anyone got an image of this character? I've never seen a Brother Voodoo comic.

David O Burcham
07-02-2005, 10:04 PM
I voted for Puck, but, my heart says Devil Dinosaur.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/kirbyblog/gjkkr47.jpg

I mean, come ON! It's a honkin' big red dinosaur with a monkey-boy riding on his back!!

What's not to love?

Pefect Avengers material.

(on the other hand, they really would fit in with the Defenders... but, still... )

David O Burcham
07-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Anyone got an image of this character? I've never seen a Brother Voodoo comic.

Here you go.

http://www.sneakpeektv.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/brothervoodoo.gif

this one is a little small, but, you really need the red-and-yellow cape for the full awesomeness that is BROTHER VOODOO!

http://www.comicsreporter.com/images/uploads/BrotherVoodoo_thumb.jpg

Sixgun_Samurai
07-04-2005, 11:18 AM
He was actually on a team the Fallen Angels. They also had two cybernetic lobsters on the team. Anyone else remember this train wreck?

Babylon23
07-05-2005, 07:47 PM
I voted for the Brother. With Cage and Spider-Woman (and White Tiger in DD), Bendis has shown that he loves his 70's Marvel. Surely New Avengers has a place in it for "the senses staggering superhero who died...yet lives again!

Also, I'm all for Devil Dinosaur joining. And if the big guy is there, then Moon Boy is a given.

Sam T.
07-05-2005, 11:16 PM
How about Sleepwalker?? Although it would be a little complicated with him sometimes fading in and out, but still...

o1pickleboy
09-15-2005, 01:13 AM
How about Sleepwalker?? Although it would be a little complicated with him sometimes fading in and out, but still...

I see he is popping up in Marvel team up. So maybe he will get a shot someday. I glad that he has popped back up again. I hate it when character's go from active to limbo. With no attempt to keep them selling.

crystalline green
09-15-2005, 09:25 AM
Some interesting choices. I was torn between Brother Voodoo/Jericho Drumm and Longshot. In the end I chose BV. I loved the revamp he got some years ago in the Supernaturals mini. I would like him even more if he just went by Jericho Drumm as he did in Midnite Suns. I've always had a soft spot for magic users and it's cool to actually have a black male characcter be one for a change.

Here's the best pic I could find of his revamped look in Supernaturals (thankfully they nolonger had him running around barefoot):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/mirrorpool/supernat1.jpg

Paradox
09-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Sam T. wonders:

Fred Hembeck. :D

I'd vote for Puck if they hadn't totally ruined his character post-Byrne.

Zapman
09-16-2005, 02:06 AM
I'd say Longshot, I really miss that guy, and I'd like to see him in my favourite comic book!

By the way I'm New, Hi everybody! ;)

loc_zsu
09-16-2005, 02:03 PM
I think Longshot would be a very interesting addition to the team. That is something i wouldnt mind seeing.

Tobias March
09-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Okay now I'd like to change my vote and go for Jericho!

Though that last image is a little too similar to Spawn. Meh. The nineties.

SlightlyMad
09-18-2005, 08:30 AM
I've just finished reading The New Invaders & I'd really like to see Blazing Skull on the team!

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/b/blazingskull2.jpg

Besides if the Avengers team is pretty much stocked with movie-franchise characters (Spidey, Cap, Iron Man, Wolverine, Cage), which may tempt folks who don't normally read comics to pick it up, then having a guy looking like Ghost Rider on the team can't hurt? ;)

Strange
09-19-2005, 02:51 PM
How about one of SPIDEY'S old friends the Walrus.
After all he has all the proportion strength and skills of a Walrus. Who else on the current or any other Avengers team can say that.

o1pickleboy
10-21-2005, 12:33 AM
I do believe we have a winner Brother Vodoo. Hear that Bendis? CBR has spoken>

bosshog7169
10-26-2005, 10:57 PM
PIP THE TROLL!!! If he were a new avenger i would immediately crap my pants and then go buy every single issue for all eternity until he was off the team. CMON PEOPLE! Its obvious he is the best choice! The team needs a teleporter, and his humor would play so well of of spiderman, wolvie, and cap. Spidey is the only funny character in this book right now, and Pip's humor is a lot dryer than spideys and a lot less corny, so it would be a great compliment. I could see him and Wolvie goin to pick up chicks and get drunk after a long day of battle. Actually, now that this has been proposed, I don't think I will be able to enjoy the book anymore unless Pip is a member. Pip rocks!

o1pickleboy
10-27-2005, 11:42 PM
PIP THE TROLL!!! If he were a new avenger i would immediately crap my pants and then go buy every single issue for all eternity until he was off the team. CMON PEOPLE! Its obvious he is the best choice! The team needs a teleporter, and his humor would play so well of of spiderman, wolvie, and cap. Spidey is the only funny character in this book right now, and Pip's humor is a lot dryer than spideys and a lot less corny, so it would be a great compliment. I could see him and Wolvie goin to pick up chicks and get drunk after a long day of battle. Actually, now that this has been proposed, I don't think I will be able to enjoy the book anymore unless Pip is a member. Pip rocks!

I agree, because I vote for Pip.

o1pickleboy
09-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Just to work with the current thread I have in progress and since we are having fun with it.

I may if the thread continues with sucess to a best of the best unusaul choice after we are done with the others

worstblogever
09-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Shape is... well... special. I'm surprised he only has the three votes.

Just a Shadow
09-09-2009, 01:55 AM
In retrospect your inclusion of Voodoo is pretty ironic.

Sincere
09-09-2009, 01:59 AM
seeing as how i love Longshot's character, ima have to go with him

the4thpip
09-09-2009, 03:12 AM
I like all things Pip.

o1pickleboy
09-09-2009, 05:29 AM
In retrospect your inclusion of Voodoo is pretty ironic.

Maybe someone was reading this thread and got a idea

Fatguy
09-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Puck

Seriously, Puck. So underrated.

samhalliwell
09-09-2009, 03:53 PM
I voted Magma, but the Alpha Flight nerd in me gave Puck a well-deserved second place :biggrin:

cernunnos
09-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Brother/Doctor Voodoo, with Captain Ultra a close second.

Alan2099
09-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Brother/Doctor Voodoo, with Captain Ultra a close second.

Only if Captain Ultra ditches his current ugly suit and goes back to his old more colorful ugly suit.