PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine finally taking a break?!?

Nightcrawler
04-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Rumor has it that Wolverine will be taking a well-deserved break from many of the X-Men books (except Astonishing, maybe), to appear mostly in New Avengers. This is great news for some, but a disappointment for others. Do you think that Marvel has the guts take their star X-Man off the X rosters for a while? What do you think would be an event large enough to translate into Wolvie leaving his mutie buddies? I know how he killed Northstar in his solo series, but is that a big enough to justify him departing? And what about the fans that don't read his solo book?

Alan2099
04-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Come on, how many times have Wolverine pulled his Walking out on the X-men act? He'll be back.

Nightcrawler
04-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Come on, how many times have Wolverine pulled his Walking out on the X-men act? He'll be back.

But now he has somewhere to go: another team.

HarrisonJohn
04-28-2005, 04:40 PM
It's rediculous to have him on all the x-teams, but I think putting him on Avengers is stupid too.

Ant-Man
04-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Wolverine is the main reason that I read the X-Men books, but he is not the only reason. So I can live with Logan being gone for a while.

Tenebrae
04-28-2005, 04:43 PM
I think this is great news for the character. Being into fifteen places at once, seemingly, was doing him no good and just seemed to be resulting in more and more fans getting sick of the sight of him. The fact that he was such a shared character made character development hard to do with him, too.

It makes sense for him to focus his energies on the New Avengers if that's the route he's taking, and I don't personally think the X-Men will suffer without him. I would doubt sales will be affected too badly, if at all, and the likelihood is he'll make appearances regularly anyway, especially during major storylines.

kane
04-28-2005, 05:31 PM
I only read his own book and the new avengers, so i donīt care.

Emerald Ghost
04-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Wolverine who? I don't know who you're talking about.

DDM
04-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Wolverine needs to join the Great Lakes Avengers then die a horrible death. Bye Wolvie, you little hairy parody you.

Ant-Man
04-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Wolverine needs to join the Great Lakes Avengers then die a horrible death. Bye Wolvie, you little hairy parody you.

By the looks of your avatar, it appears you like hairy men ;) .

bagheera
04-28-2005, 06:23 PM
I think he IS a hairy man. :p

Well, I will follow Wolverine in his own title and New Avengers. He is the sole reason I am reading New Avengers and I'm pleased to find myself enjoying it.

(I'm trying not to enjoy Spiderman too much because then I may be tempted to follow his books as well and I already read most of the X-titles.)

streator
04-28-2005, 06:33 PM
i dont dislike having him in a x-book, i dislike having him in every x-book. if he only appeared in astonishing, i would be happy (it was the same a year ago with nxm and him appearing everywhere else).

AceOfSpades
04-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Wolverine is the main reason that I read the X-Men books, but he is not the only reason. So I can live with Logan being gone for a while.

see its the opposite for me. I'm not a huge fan of logan, so i think i'll like it better with him taking a short break. its not that I hate him, i just think he's a character thats just a little overused

aelio
04-28-2005, 06:46 PM
This could be good for the character and the fans, if it pans out to be entirely true. I like Wolverine a lot, but the overexposure has caused him to not be Wolverine, if that makes any sense. My favorite Wolvie period was when he starred only in his series and adjectivelss X-men. He only appeared elsewere for special events. Of course, this is also when Hama was writing him, so that may have helped. What is Larry Hama doing these days and why the hell isn't he writing Wolverine?

leg end
04-28-2005, 07:19 PM
I'd be glad of the break really. He's generally not written consistently so narrowing down the titles in which he appears will help his character.
But if he does leave soon, he'll reappear everywhere in time for X3...

Kojiro
04-28-2005, 07:54 PM
I wonder if Marvel listened to my fanletter about sending him to the Bahamas for a while for a nice vacation.

James 'Logan' Howlett
04-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Being a huge Wolverine fan, he needs to be in two books.

Wolverine
Astonishing X-Men.

I would of said Uncanny, or regular X-Men, but those two titles suck right now. He shouldn't even be in Avengers either.

But I'm happy that Marvel is giving their little whore a break. But it won't last. Especially if sales drop from it (which I doubt).

Absolut_Fresh
04-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Astonishing and his own book are all the little guy really needs to be in. I dont think pulling him from ALL the X-titles completely is a good idea, but shrinking him down to just one is an excellent idea. And him on Avengers is just...dont get me started on the New "Avengers"...*sigh* he needs to be on the Avengers about as much as a fish needs a bicycle.

Ryan K
04-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Didn't this whole 'Wolverine is leaving the x-teams!' thing start just because one of the Uncanny letters pages said X-23 would be filling in for Wolverine a little bit in that book. Wasn't that it? Is there any other evidence lending any credibility to this persistant rumor.

X-23 has filled Wolverine's place in Uncanny a little, but that doesn't mean he's leaving the team. I think this is BS. I think Wolverine is going to be on all three X-Men teams and the New Avengers and I couldn't care less. He doesn't bother me. He's not really the focal point in any of the Uncanny X-Men or X-Men stories, he's just there to drive sales and give some character moments. Not a big deal to me.

kmeyers
04-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Wolvie isn't going anywhere...at least not for long, anyway. he may be out for a few issues...but he'll NEVER be gone from the X-rosters for long.

why? Wolvie = $$$

like it or not, it's true. Logan is obviously one of the most popular Marvel characters...that's why he's being thrown onto the Marvel JLA ...er i mean Avengers. with the rest of the Marvel big guns.

and X-23 can't quite take his place...no matter how bad she wants to be Wolverette.

bagheera
04-28-2005, 09:40 PM
I'd almost like to see Wolverine pulled out of a number of books so there would be less continual grousing about him being in too many books. :rolleyes:

DarthDookuk
04-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Sounds like a gimic. I bet Marvel is looking to boost Avenger sales.

Jake V
04-28-2005, 11:09 PM
New Avengers needs a sales boost? It's been Marvel's #1 book for 5 months straight.

Forefinger
04-28-2005, 11:18 PM
I liked how Wolverine was on one team before in New X-Men, and showed up when they needed someone with his skills in Uncanny sometimes. Granted, he was in the book a lot, but not constantly. I think that he could still be used in Uncanny and X-Men, but just every once in a while. Having him be a member of 3 teams and an Avenger is a bit much.
BTW, Is when he appeared in the Savage Land in New Avengers a result of him being there in Uncanny X-Men? He hasn't shown up in that arc in several issues. I was wondering if he was being held prisoner by the dinosaur people, or if he's busy hitting on Mary Jane.

The Fury
04-29-2005, 01:57 AM
But if he does leave soon, he'll reappear everywhere in time for X3...
Yeah shame that (But then same goes for Jean whihc is a good thing :))

Right Wolverine does need to take a break from the 4 Team titles he's now in, put him in one, the one with the most development for his character and that's Uncanny. (even if he hasn't ben in it for 3 issue now, but Iain't complaining), in Astonishing and X-men he's just the regualr no characterisation version of Slash 'm Up Wolverine.

And with event of his own book, he should not be near any of the kids in the school. So maybe leave him in NA.

thomas_catbiscuit
04-29-2005, 05:33 AM
yes he does need a break from x-books dont forget AXM is taking a break at issue 12 so he wont be there for much longer. he is in too many books full stop, i think reducing his apperances will (hopefully) make the comics he does appear in better tbh, rather than him being in every x book etc and diluting his character.

fishtaco
04-29-2005, 07:17 AM
I heard somewhere that Wolverine will be leaving the X.S.E.

BizarroBeachHead
04-29-2005, 01:43 PM
My biggest problem with Wolverine on all the teams, is that within the X-Universe, there are hundreds of good characters either not being used or not being used to their fullest potential. Wolverine being on every team just takes away a spot that could easily go to another great character or, :eek: , a new character. But I don't know who would have a harder time warming up to a new character, Marvel or the X-fans.

BlackKnight
04-29-2005, 02:04 PM
New Avengers needs a sales boost? It's been Marvel's #1 book for 5 months straight.

Your right it doesn't because they have variant covers, and fans are buying it so that they don't miss wolverines first appearance... LOL... sorry but man you are just as much a broken record as I am. :)

Cayman
04-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Your right it doesn't because they have variant covers, and fans are buying it so that they don't miss wolverines first appearance... LOL... sorry but man you are just as much a broken record as I am. :)

Ah screw that, I haven't even seen the stupid variant covers in the shops. Maybe people are buying it because it's a good book and they look forward to reading it?

Cay

jcp011c
04-29-2005, 05:49 PM
I like Wolverine's character but I'll be glad for the break. I'm very picky about continuity, and with him being in virtually every book (WHA-he's not a member of Exiles yet, but give it time!! and maybe he can de-age on occasion to be a New X-Man?) causes most of my continuity headaches.
He does sell books, but it may have come to the point where supply exceeds demand. To me he's overexposed - having him leave everything but Astonishing, his solo Mag and New Avengers would cut it down to a managable amount. Plus, continuity will be much easier to maintain.

bagheera
04-29-2005, 06:01 PM
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/covers/exiles/exiles3.jpg

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/covers/exiles/exiles28.jpg

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/covers/exiles/exiles33.jpg

The man does get around!!!!

jcp011c
04-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Being the Exiles visit a variety of dimensions, it's expected in some of those a version of Wolverine will appear. Since it's a different Wolverine though, it doesn't really affect continuity. Although it does add credence to the fact that he's overexposed and a marketing ploy.

jewdaddy
04-29-2005, 09:03 PM
I think it is worth trying. Keep wolverine in his solo series plus new avengers and that is it. See what happens. It could very well make fans happy as well as increase the amount of wolverine comics sold. Fans who need there wolvie fix cant turn to there favorite x comic anymore.

jewdaddy
04-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Ok So I just read an interview with mark millar were he said something to the effect that wolverine set back the mutant rights movement 20 years. Maybe leaving the x-men is not his idea. As painful as it is for the x-men to do this they might have asked him to leave. There public image is already badly marred and having wolverine on the team will only drag it through the mud even more. Especially in astonishing x-men. The whole point of that book is cyclops wants the x-men to start being a super team complete with costumes and everthing. Having wolverine who has just killed hundreds of people would make it kinda difficult for cyclops to do that. I think this thory has merit.

Jesse Newcomb
04-29-2005, 09:47 PM
It's a very cool idea man. But your ramapnt misspelling of the word theory is gonna piss of some off the people here.

But Wolvie can always be on a covert X-Men team like the one in X-Men (which he already is!). :p

ibrakeforchinwe
04-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Is "Thory" supposed to be "Theory?" or "Story?" with a lisp?

streator
04-29-2005, 11:36 PM
millar already said wolverine on the avengers (a public face) is to make up for the things he did in "enemy of the state". there isnt much room for a theory, in my mind.

ibrakeforchinwe
04-30-2005, 12:38 AM
millar already said wolverine on the avengers (a public face) is to make up for the things he did in "enemy of the state". there isnt much room for a theory, in my mind.

If only Marvel published their titles in order then it wouldnt be so confusing and not as many people would hate Wolverine, because his appearance might make sense.

marshal99
04-30-2005, 01:00 AM
No , not enough Wolverine , now that Wolverine has invaded Spider-man's comics , he needs to appear in all of Captain America's comics and then should join the Fantastic four as well as Alpha Flight so he can be on all the superhero groups. :p

Rachel Grey
04-30-2005, 01:10 AM
Then he can go and kick Batman's butt! :D

Forefinger
04-30-2005, 01:38 AM
I just want to know when Logan will be joining the Fantastic Four and the Defenders. (I'm a Wolverine fan, so I don't really mind him showing up in the two X titles that I collect)

bagheera
04-30-2005, 01:53 AM
I've been thinking about this..........having awoken at 3 am and unable to get back to sleep just yet............but I'm sure Marvel is like any other big, successful industry and I bet they have all sorts of marketting studies on this subject. If Wolverine is appearing in so many titles, it surely reflects his popularity and iconic-stature. Other than Batman, Superman and Spiderman, who else is better known? (Note that two out of three of those are DC characters).

While I agree that there is some truth to the term "Marvel whore", I do not agree that he has stolen too much of the plotlines. In most stories, he has a minor role and generally he fits into the story rather than being a distraction. I see nothing wrong with Marvel using their most recognizable mutant to keep the fanbase happy.

To me, it's similar to those years where it seemed everywhere one turned, one heard of Michael Jordan-this and Michael Jordan-that with respect to basketball. Or Harry Potter. Or The Simpsons. (You didn't know Harry Potter played basketball, did you?)

:( I miss being able to discuss Wolverine with people who genuinely liked the character. It now seems fashionable to complain and kvetch about him.

Alas, the Prom Queen is subject to much the same treatment.

Anyhow, I look forward to new character development with Wolvie in whatever books he will be appearing in.

HartyPotter
04-30-2005, 11:39 AM
As long as he stays in ONE X-book and the New Avengers, I don't really care all too much about whether he's in the others. He's only in two titles I buy, so I'm not overxposed to him.

streator
04-30-2005, 12:11 PM
I just want to know when Logan will be joining the Fantastic Four and the Defenders. (I'm a Wolverine fan, so I don't really mind him showing up in the two X titles that I collect)
hes been a ff member before. i want to say wolverine (2nd series) 148. he was a member of the secret defenders as well.

Cephus
04-30-2005, 02:54 PM
I think he needs to take a break from being in any comic entirely for a while, but we all know that won't happen. Wolverine has turned into probably my most hated character in comics. There just isn't anything likeable about him and he's EVERYWHERE!

It would probably be a good idea if they dramatically cut down the number of books he appears in, but we know they never will.

thik_3rd
04-30-2005, 04:03 PM
ill miss him in astonishing...

bagheera
04-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Since Astonishing is completely separate from mainstream MU, there is no reason he has to leave there.

I wonder how much his absence, assuming he will be absent, will affect their sales. I tend to stick with a title, no matter who's drawing/writing or which character is appearing in it. I will however, pick up a comic I don't usually read (eg Spiderman, Pulse, Punisher) if Wolverine is in it. If they stop putting Wolvie in comics, how much will this change the sales of each title?

Is Marvel willing to take a 10% decline in a series? 20%? I rather doubt that there will be an increase in sales from the anti-Wolvie crowd that would balance the loss of pro-Wolvie fans. Whatcha think?

Forefinger
04-30-2005, 11:10 PM
hes been a ff member before. i want to say wolverine (2nd series) 148. he was a member of the secret defenders as well.
Thanks. I was kidding. There was an arc of FF where Spiderman, Hulk, Ghost Rider, and Wolverine were the FF while Reed and co were in the Negative Zone or somesuch in the 90's. He was indeed also in Defenders. Those were the only team books that I could think of off the top of my head that he wasn't a current member of. I was attempting to be funny, and make the point that I don't really mind Wolverine being in several titles at once, as long as he's written well. Milligan had an interesting developement in X-Men where he and Rouge go along with Gambit's accusation that they had always had a "thing" for one another and kiss. I know that they were under the influence of Golgatha, but it was still nice to see some soap opera back in the X books. What I don't like is Logan popping up in books like the MK Spiderman, hitting on Mary Jane, getting pissed at Peter because he's supposedly jealous, and then stabbing Spidy during an Avenger's training session. That Wolverine hasn't been around since the 70's. That's the overexposure that most people gripe about. Logan popps up in so many titles and written by so many people that it's impossible to get a definate read on who Logan exactly is nowadays. He can stay on all the X-teams as far as I'm concerned. The stories don't all have to take place at the same time. I think that him being in New Avengers is kind of dumb, but I don't really care, I don't collect that title anyway. He's good in Uncanny, X-Men, and his own title, and that's all I care about.

(working in the middle of the night there is nothing for me to do but type a dissertation of Wolverine's many appearances, I need to get another job eh?)

handOFfate
04-30-2005, 11:46 PM
I still say Wolvie fits in Astonishing best, so if he takes a break from the other X-Books for a while, then I'll be happy. Personally, I say take Logan off New Avengers and add in The Hulk.

Ugoff
05-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Since Astonishing is completely separate from mainstream MU, there is no reason he has to leave there.

I wonder how much his absence, assuming he will be absent, will affect their sales. I tend to stick with a title, no matter who's drawing/writing or which character is appearing in it. I will however, pick up a comic I don't usually read (eg Spiderman, Pulse, Punisher) if Wolverine is in it. If they stop putting Wolvie in comics, how much will this change the sales of each title?

Is Marvel willing to take a 10% decline in a series? 20%? I rather doubt that there will be an increase in sales from the anti-Wolvie crowd that would balance the loss of pro-Wolvie fans. Whatcha think?

I wonder why they dont take a chance and actually put out some quality comics and pimp them(or in other words give them a fair amount of promotion). Did they really think Rouge, Gambit, New Invaders, Nightcrawler and all the other titles headed toward cancellation would last long? I know Nightcrawler is on hiatus but we all know where it's going once it comes back. I know their trying to make money but it still doesnt make sense to me. Concerning the spreading thin of Wolverine, I dont understand why anyone would pick up a title they dont usually read if Wolverine is making an appreance. Can you explain it to me, bagheera? I think we can expect Wolverine to be in multiple titles if people continue to buy almost everything he appears in. Wolverine being everywhere bothers me to extent since I'm always interested in the direction Marvel is going and what their up to but I can live with it since I no longer purchase any of the X-titles.

bagheera
05-02-2005, 02:17 AM
Well, I can only speak for me, but I genuinely am intriqued by the character. He speaks to so many primordial issues for mankind -- being human vs animal, alone vs related, the importance of history/memory, etc. I find him the most complex and historically rich character.

So, I'm always eager to see that character built upon, further deepened, etc. That can occur in his own title or any X-book. I admit that only about half of them know how to write Wolverine well, but then, I never know which title that will be in. I pick up the odd book he pops up in in order to see how he gets portrayed there and it exposes me to another character. I learned I can really enjoy Spiderman, but that Punisher is not my cup of tea. I am now finding out that I like Captain America and Iron Man, but am not too fond of Luke Cage. Spiderwoman has promise as well. I guess Wolverine provides as well a common touchstone for the whole Marvel Universe for me.

I also like to see how various artists draw him. My favorites are probably Chen, Windsor-Smith and Alex Ross. Oh, there are too many to mention and very few of them have drawn a poor Wolverine.

This is not to mention what a complete hottie he is!!

So, yes, I'm one of those people who will buy Wolvie in most titles, just to see him. It is a little disappointing when he is poorly protrayed, but I can also enjoy him in brief doses for comic relief, serious butt-kicking or as background eye candy.

Does that make me a bad person? :D

Hombre
05-02-2005, 02:43 AM
Well, I can only speak for me, but I genuinely am intriqued by the character. He speaks to so many primordial issues for mankind -- being human vs animal, alone vs related, the importance of history/memory, etc. I find him the most complex and historically rich character.

I hear you on this. But I'm beginning to see what so many people are bothered about.

The thing is, I keep thinking of him in terms of his potential as a character, a man of honor and wisdom who weighs the consequences and considers the alternatives before he acts, not as a shallow killer.

Here is a man who wields a deadly weapon within himself, and has what it takes to use it, when he has to. This does not mean that he's supposed to kill just because he can. To turn him into someone who doesn't think twice about playing judge, jury and executioner regardless of the circumstances is to turn him into a caricature of something horrible.

abbas.khan
05-02-2005, 03:59 AM
yes.

where the @$@# is larry hama?

he was the best wolvie writer ever.

satchmo the dragon
05-02-2005, 04:38 AM
yes.

where the @$@# is larry hama?

he was the best wolvie writer ever.
Best gi joe writer too.

bagheera
05-02-2005, 05:57 AM
I
Here is a man who wields a deadly weapon within himself, and has what it takes to use it, when he has to. This does not mean that he's supposed to kill just because he can. To turn him into someone who doesn't think twice about playing judge, jury and executioner regardless of the circumstances is to turn him into a caricature of something horrible.

I agree completely! It is quite over the top for him to plan on killing 52,000 people, but he sure could righteously target Gorgon!!! That is what I want to see.

Did Larry Hama draw or just write Wolverine? I'll have to check this out. Which storyline did he write? It's hard to keep track of everyone who had a hand in Wolvie's life.

bagheera
05-02-2005, 06:01 AM
He killed Mariko and ripped out Wolvie's adamantium!!!

Ok, those were probably good things!

Add Larry Hama to the list! :cool:

Hombre
05-02-2005, 06:18 AM
I agree completely! It is quite over the top for him to plan on killing 52,000 people, but he sure could righteously target Gorgon!!! That is what I want to see.

Did Larry Hama draw or just write Wolverine? I'll have to check this out. Which storyline did he write? It's hard to keep track of everyone who had a hand in Wolvie's life.

Also, in New Avengers, he goes after Sauron as Lykos, who wasn't really posing a threat or anything, and the first thing he does is try to impale him, just like that, because that's what he does, and ends up releasing Sauron like the last of the rookies.

I think over in the three main X-titles he's being handled quite well, as an experienced but weary warrior.

Ant-Man
05-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Personally, I say take Logan off New Avengers and add in The Hulk.

Just e-mail Joey Q your idea, and I'm sure he will fire Bendis, and hire you as writer of New Avengers so Hulk can take Wolverine's place :rolleyes: . All of this fanboy ranting about 2 much Wolverine is so yesterday. I believe the people running the Asylum, no more about running it than the inmates do ;) .

shadowed
05-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Let him go already...

The Shadow
05-02-2005, 11:12 AM
I'd almost like to see Wolverine pulled out of a number of books so there would be less continual grousing about him being in too many books. :rolleyes:
LOL

Me too!

I don't care one way or the other. He's not my favorite character (or X character for that matter). I don't find he's overexposed either because I only get 3 X titles and New Avengers so his appearances don't bother me at all.

Flight
03-25-2007, 12:44 PM
He's not been in X-Men for a while.

We R. Venom
03-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Yes he should leave. He is in good hands with Bendis.

rwsmith
03-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Not sure where this rumor came from, as I've heard no such thing, but I wouldn't be opposed to him leaving the X-men to be a full-time New Avenger. I really like him in that book, and if I had to choose, I'd go with Logan as an Avenger all the way.

Plus, Yu draws the best Logan in the business IMO.

And it's not like the X-men don't have other "badasses" at the moment (Cable, Warpath, Mystique, etc.). Marvel should push them to the forefront of the X-books like they have Wolverine for years. If someone needs to be "dealt with," let Cable or Mystique pop a cap in them, or let Warpath shank them with his fancy new knives.

rZi
03-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Although i voted no, thinking about it i would make alot of sense...distance the character for a bit, hopefully they can sort out his origins mess.

Diablito
03-25-2007, 03:23 PM
I sincerely hope Wolverine takes a long break from the X-Men. He's not doing much in Astonishing, and he might do better in Avengers.

rwsmith
03-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah, Logan would definitely benefit as a character from some distance from the X-men. However, can the same be said for the X-men books?

I'm thinking they would not benefit, at least in terms of sales, and removing Wolverine and making him a full-time New Avenger would only further cement this notion that the Avengers franchise is Marvel's top franchise and the X-men are now second tier.

Having said that, if they actively push some other "badass" characters like I suggested, they may be able to effectively create some new "Wolverines" in terms of popularity. Brubaker is trying with Warpath, and while he's more popular than he's ever been, I just don't see him reaching Wolverine levels anytime soon.

Best bets IMO are Cable and Rogue, as both were previously almost as popular as Logan and can be again IMO. And Mystique also has potential, as she could definitely be the X-men's next sexpot character (a la ninja Psylocke and Emma Frost).

Hi-Fi
03-25-2007, 03:27 PM
I completely disagree. Wolverine's place is with the X-Men. I'd be pissed to see him away from the X-Books.

chickrockguitar
03-25-2007, 04:04 PM
I completely disagree. Wolverine's place is with the X-Men. I'd be pissed to see him away from the X-Books.
Yep. Ditto.

I wish'd he'd appear in New X-Men a little more. Interact with Laura (X-23).

Erik Lehnsherr
03-25-2007, 04:08 PM
It would be perfect if he was off the X-books during the more interesting months so they won't clog down issues with his stupid and boring dialogue.

xmanson
03-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Not sure where this rumor came from...

It might be hard to figue out, since this thred is 2 years old.

And it kinda happened, since Logan is only seen in Astonishing (every 6 months) except for his solo title.

And NA, of course.

rwsmith
03-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Ah, gotcha. Didn't check the start date for this thread.

Sparda
03-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Most obvious and logical reason Logan would abandon the X-teams is just out of being pissed at them for having Sabertooth in the team. Hell would'nt you if you were in his shoes?

Canemacar
03-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Most obvious and logical reason Logan would abandon the X-teams is just out of being pissed at them for having Sabertooth in the team. Hell would'nt you if you were in his shoes?

If it was how they portrayed it in his solo, with Sabes sitting in the den with a beer watching TV, then yes. But it's not like that at all. He's been treated like the animal he is and being caged and kept under lock and key.

The Horhey
03-26-2007, 02:43 PM
The X-Men only hold Wolverine back. Its time he moved on so he can expand his purpose. Cable can take his place as the new "poster boy of mutant cool."

Sparda
03-26-2007, 04:11 PM
If it was how they portrayed it in his solo, with Sabes sitting in the den with a beer watching TV, then yes. But it's not like that at all. He's been treated like the animal he is and being caged and kept under lock and key.

This could possibly take place after the current X-Men arc for all we know. It would be logical considering it's one of the main reason's why he's in the New Avenger's as well as doing it for Roger's sakes after his death.