PDA

View Full Version : Xena Warrior Princess: Making a comeback?

gbshabo
05-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Oh please, let this be happening

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/28/xena-back-lucy-lawless_n_3345427.html

Legato
05-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Just ignore the ending that involved Xena dying and all is well.

gbshabo
05-29-2013, 11:23 AM

Agreed but I'd love a movie or new series none the less.

Legato
05-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Agreed but I'd love a movie or new series none the less.

I'd just go for a mini-series than a full fledged series. A shame we wont see the actor who played as Ares make a return

gbshabo
05-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Kevin Smith was awesome. I just rewatched season 6 episode 1 which focused on Ares. Kevin was awesome.

Legato
05-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Kevin Smith was awesome. I just rewatched season 6 episode 1 which focused on Ares. Kevin was awesome.

I want Renee O'Connor to return. She still holds up pretty well.

eon001
05-29-2013, 01:26 PM
I ****ing loved Xena. I'm one of those weird people that thought it was better than Buffy. Not sure about a reboot but if it happens I'll be sure to watch the pilot at least.

Legato
05-29-2013, 01:36 PM
I ****ing loved Xena. I'm one of those weird people that thought it was better than Buffy. Not sure about a reboot but if it happens I'll be sure to watch the pilot at least.

I dare say the later seasons of Xena was a heck of alot better than the later seasons of Buffy

Legato
05-29-2013, 01:37 PM
It seems like the old shows are making a comeback. First it was Dallas then Arrested Development is making a comeback on Netflix and now we have rumors of Xena returning.

carabas
05-29-2013, 01:38 PM
Kevin Smith was awesome. I just rewatched season 6 episode 1 which focused on Ares. Kevin was awesome.Yeah, he's going top be nigh-impossible to replace.

05-29-2013, 02:20 PM

i know it's a different guy, but i can't help but think of Silent Bob, god of war

marshal99
05-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Have captain cheesecake Kevin Sorbo hercules back so he and Gabrielle can venture to the underworld to rescue xena from hades grasp since xena died in the last episode.

marshal99
05-29-2013, 07:40 PM
I dare say the later seasons of Xena was a heck of alot better than the later seasons of Buffy

Not sure i agree with that. Buffy later seasons was dark and bleak for the character but it was still good strong tv.

Alex
05-29-2013, 07:53 PM

Didn't the series involve gods and stuff?

Legato
05-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Didn't the series involve gods and stuff?

Yeah. Then they went God of War with it later on. Which is ironic as Xena did the God Killing thing before Kratos did.

Legato
05-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Have captain cheesecake Kevin Sorbo hercules back so he and Gabrielle can venture to the underworld to rescue xena from hades grasp since xena died in the last episode.

And that my friends is a good synopsis to start the comeback with.

Legato
05-29-2013, 08:16 PM
Not sure i agree with that. Buffy later seasons was dark and bleak for the character but it was still good strong tv.

I wish I could agree but Buffy ended up becoming too unlikable in the last two seasons. Fortunately Faith was there to make it tolerable

Haephestus
05-30-2013, 03:53 AM
I doubt Kevin Sorbo would have ANY involvement given his very public and very disparaging comments directed towards Lucy Lawless, Rob Tapert and the Xena: Warrior Princess television series. I know that both Kevin Sorbo and Lucy Lawless appeared in "Bitch Slap" as a favour to the director, but I'm pretty sure they didn't share any scenes (and were probably on set on different days).

As for a return of Xena: Warrior Princess - that would be absolutely awesome! Given that Xena has already returned from the dead a couple of times, it shouldn't be too hard for them to bring her back again. In the very old outline for a Xena movie that was prepared by Katherine Fugate (writer of "When Fates Collide" in season 6), I think Gabrielle was going to seek the help of the Egyptian gods to return Xena to life. It would make sense since they never explored the Egyptian gods on the show and most of the Greek gods are dead (thanks to Xena) and the two remaining "major" gods have unspecified powers since their godhood was returned to them (after a brief period of mortality) thanks to the Norse gods.

A reboot could also be good. Alexandra Daddario for Xena and Saoirse Ronan for Gabrielle!

Phil Clark
05-30-2013, 05:06 AM
If they don't do it with Lawless and O'Connor, they should just forget it. Lawless MADE Xena. If not for her the character would have been just another throwaway character in Hercules.

Legato
05-30-2013, 08:06 AM
If they don't do it with Lawless and O'Connor, they should just forget it. Lawless MADE Xena. If not for her the character would have been just another throwaway character in Hercules.
I say Lawless and O'Connor are still capable for the roles. Besides people would want to see them return as Xena and Gabrielle for the return to mean anything

Greg Anderson
05-30-2013, 08:16 AM
I doubt Kevin Sorbo would have ANY involvement given his very public and very disparaging comments directed towards Lucy Lawless, Rob Tapert and the Xena: Warrior Princess television series. I know that both Kevin Sorbo and Lucy Lawless appeared in "Bitch Slap" as a favour to the director, but I'm pretty sure they didn't share any scenes (and were probably on set on different days).

Can you post links, etc, bout this? This is first I'm hearing anything of this.

Phil Clark
05-30-2013, 09:00 AM
I say Lawless and O'Connor are still capable for the roles. Besides people would want to see them return as Xena and Gabrielle for the return to mean anything

114650 114653

They both still look really good to me. REALLY good.

Legato
05-30-2013, 10:00 AM
114650 114653

They both still look really good to me. REALLY good.

No kidding. Years have been kind on both of them. Very kind

Haephestus
05-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Can you post links, etc, bout this? This is first I'm hearing anything of this.

Here's a pretty good summary of most of his comments in various interviews:

http://xenaonline.blogspot.com.au/2007/02/kevin-sorbo-has-issues.html

And some of the interviews/extracts of interviews:

http://www.blackbookmag.com/nightlife/hood-vs-hercules-the-first-face-off-1.35892

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=197038

http://www.starpulse.com/news/Stephanie_Nolasco/2011/10/31/kevin_sorbo_conquers_herculean_health_?page=2

http://www.xenaville.com/marka_sorbo.html

Wjowski
05-30-2013, 08:54 PM
But would a TV series about a leather-bikini wearing warrior princess be able to find an audience?

Legato
05-30-2013, 08:57 PM
But would a TV series about a leather-bikini wearing warrior princess be able to find an audience?

It did before. It was popular enough to overshadow the series it spin offed from

Omegastorm
05-30-2013, 10:58 PM
This is awesome news. I loved Xena.

o

Alex
05-31-2013, 01:44 AM
It did before. It was popular enough to overshadow the series it spin offed from

Hot chick doesn't equal success.
Dark angel, Wonder Woman, wasn't there a sci fi show that was cheap and badly acted like Xena that didn't do well around the same time?

Simbob4000
05-31-2013, 02:35 AM
Hot chick doesn't equal success.
Dark angel, Wonder Woman, wasn't there a sci fi show that was cheap and badly acted like Xena that didn't do well around the same time?

You mean Cleopatra 2525?

Nyssane
05-31-2013, 07:29 AM
You mean Cleopatra 2525?

Cleopatra 2525 at least had two seasons, so it didn't do that poorly. Dark Angel and the new Wonder Woman were both major flops, though.

I'm all for Xena making a comeback, in any shape or form.

Phil Clark
05-31-2013, 07:55 AM

Xena was far more than a "leather-bikini wearing warrior princess". Categorizing it as such really sells the whole series short.

Xena was a fierce and ruthless warrior who would do whatever it took to win and amass personal power. But she learned that there are consequences to those actions and choose to turn her life around. She then spent the rest of her life trying to make up for those few years of evil by helping others. Along the way she met an innocent young woman who became her traveling companion, her friend, and a surprisingly good warrior in her own right. They shared a relationship that went beyond friendship, and in the reality of Xena, became an inspirational story for the ages.

And in the real world Xena served as a strong role model for women the world over.

"leather-bikini wearing warrior princess"... What a horrible way to describe a landmark series.

carabas
05-31-2013, 10:06 AM
Cleopatra 2525 at least had two seasons, so it didn't do that poorly. Dark Angel and the new Wonder Woman were both major flops, though.Dark Angel also had two seasons. The new Wonder Woman wasn't a flop. There needs to be a series first for it to be a flop.

Phil Clark
05-31-2013, 11:27 AM
The fact that it got made and never saw the light of day makes it a flop. It wasn't even deemed good enough to air the pilot.

carabas
05-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Flops are big, expensive things that actually come out but that nobody watches.

Phil Clark
05-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Flops are anything that doesn't succeed.