PDA

View Full Version : Lois & Clark - 20 Years!

UKComicFan
01-31-2013, 05:08 AM
Don't venture in here much as I'm not much of a Superman comic fan, but always had a soft spot for the TV series "Lois And Clark". As it's the 20th anniversary this year, just wondered if any other fans knew of any celebratory events? Merchandise, DVD/blu-ray releases etc?

Of course, I may be the only fan left, in which case, I suspect there won't be much!

ForeverYoung8
01-31-2013, 10:07 AM
Don't venture in here much as I'm not much of a Superman comic fan, but always had a soft spot for the TV series "Lois And Clark". As it's the 20th anniversary this year, just wondered if any other fans knew of any celebratory events? Merchandise, DVD/blu-ray releases etc?

Of course, I may be the only fan left, in which case, I suspect there won't be much!

I remember being 10 years old (I turned 11 midway through season1) and waiting like a kid on Christmas Eve for the pilot to come on. Many great memories with that show.

As for anniversary stuff, you may not find much. All 4 seasons were released on DVD back in 2006, and I doubt they'll ever see Blu Ray. Like with seasons 1-5 of Smallville, I read somewhere once that the special effects (being designed for standard-def) would need overhauled/redone/remastered for HD. I don't know if this is true or not, but that's what I remember at the time. Sadly, I don't believe 'L&C' would be financially profitable to go back and fix the effects. Remastering works well for something like 'Star Trek' or 'Next Generation', due to the legions of fans, but probably not 'L&C'.

On one of the 'L&C' dvd's they talk about an annual convention. I don't know if they still do them, but that's something you could look into. I know the Kents (K Callan and...I forget the other) are/were regulars at them, and with this the 20th anniversary you might even see Dean Cain put in an appearance.

dupersuper
03-02-2013, 03:11 AM
I...am old...