PDA

View Full Version : Iron Age of Comics

kelly_warrior_princess
07-02-2012, 06:39 AM
So here is the question at hand: If i were to say to you, "the iron age of comics" would you know the era of comics that i was refering to? Keep in mind that the question is not "do you agree with the the title" or "do you love this time period?" The only question is do you recognise the term & the era of comic books that it relates to?

tony ingram
07-02-2012, 06:41 AM
So here is the question at hand: If i were to say to you, "the iron age of comics" would you know the era of comics that i was refering to? Keep in mind that the question is not "do you agree with the the title" or "do you love this time period?" The only question is do you recognise the term & the era of comic books that it relates to?And where is the poll? And why do you imagine this thread won't get moved to Community just as the last one did?

kelly_warrior_princess
07-02-2012, 06:45 AM
And where is the poll? And why do you imagine this thread won't get moved to Community just as the last one did?

The thread is built before the poll is added Tony: Horse before the cart.

Its now up & you may vote... an whats more we can all see who voted for which one & its written in a way to be nuetral.

Zak213
07-02-2012, 06:48 AM
i think i do.

its the so called modern age of comics.

Darrell D.
07-02-2012, 06:53 AM
How exactly is this different from the one that was moved to the Community forum?
Why not just post in that thread?

kelly_warrior_princess
07-02-2012, 06:59 AM
How exactly is this different from the one that was moved to the Community forum?
Why not just post in that thread?

Because that thread used deliberately loaded language, zero sum answers & was hidden away. This thread was specifically made to be as open as possible. Also when this thread closes in 7 days should also include a full list of everyone who voted & what they voted for. The other thread was of questionable authenticity & was constructed in a way to inaccurately answer the question. What it boiled down to was intellectual honesty.

tony ingram
07-02-2012, 08:17 AM
i think i do.

its the so called modern age of comics.No, that would be "the Modern Age".

Why not just post in that thread?It isn't.

Because that thread used deliberately loaded language, zero sum answers & was hidden away. This thread was specifically made to be as open as possible. Also when this thread closes in 7 days should also include a full list of everyone who voted & what they voted for. The other thread was of questionable authenticity & was constructed in a way to inaccurately answer the question. What it boiled down to was intellectual honesty.

And again, you refuse to acknowledge that the thread was first posted here and insinuate that I "hid" it, and further insinuate that it was somehow rigged simply because it wasn't going your way. You really are quite obnoxious, aren't you? I fully expect this thread to also end up moved.

By the way-can't help noticing this poll is starting to look pretty similar to the last one...:smile:

Jody Garland
07-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Yup, I'm familiar with the name. I prefer it to Dark Age, honestly.

Comet Man
07-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Okay Tony and Kelly, I think it's time you two went into another room.

Don't forget the boxing gloves!

glennsim
07-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Never heard of it, and I don't trust any naming system other than "Golden" and "Silver" - anything else will require more time to develop a true following, and I don't even necessarily think anything will.

I can also confirm that the other poll was here first, and was moved by the mods. And even when it was here, "iron age" awareness was losing horribly.

Comet Man
07-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Never heard of it, and I don't trust any naming system other than "Golden" and "Silver" - anything else will require more time to develop a true following, and I don't even necessarily think anything will.

I don't know. I think the Bronze Age is pretty trustworthy.

glennsim
07-02-2012, 08:38 AM
I don't know. I think the Bronze Age is pretty trustworthy.

Fair enough...I can buy that.

new_onslaught
07-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Voted "The iron age? Is that when it takes ages for the iron to heat up?" due to absence of a clear no (which sould be there). Only Golden and Silver Age are universally known and the Bronze Age is getting there.

new_onslaught
07-02-2012, 08:41 AM
I can also confirm that the other poll was here first, and was moved by the mods. And even when it was here, "iron age" awareness was losing horribly.
Second that!

tony ingram
07-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Oh, look-it happened again. What's up Kelly, why have you "hidden" your poll?

Expletive Deleted
07-02-2012, 09:18 AM
How about you two find some way of resolving your conflict that doesn't involve posting passive-aggressive response threads?

Thanks.