PDA

View Full Version : Magneto Appreciation

Omnihallows
04-29-2012, 01:51 PM
I dont found a thread sbout magnus

Magneto the master of the magnetism, archenemy of the x-men and now a member of the cyclop´s team

http://st-listas.20minutos.es/images/2011-07/295900/3090674_640px.jpg?1312487192

teddyeatsyourface
04-29-2012, 02:37 PM
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?304963-Magnus-Family-Appreciation-II

It's Magneto family oriented, but it's mostly about Magneto Himself.

Daniel Mengsk
04-29-2012, 02:39 PM
I appreciate Magneto like no one else now that he has become Rogues true love and Betsy's snarky 'friend'.

timeismoney
04-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Magneto is the man and i like the relationship that Gillen has build for him and Betsy. He really should be in X force, Rick did say he will be showing up again but he didn't say when.

Ingonyama
04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
I think a fully reformed Magneto should lead X-Force, or a team like it.

I love him as a good guy...but only when he's genuinely good. As it stands now, I expect "Fatal Attractions II: The Sequel" to come along any day now and turn him back into a megalomaniacal crazy.

Villainous Magneto is about as cliche as you can get. Admittedly, he helped invent the "The world hurt me so I'm going to hurt back!" MO, but I haven't seen writers do anything really novel with bad-guy Magneto since the original Fatal Attractions (not counting the Trial of Gambit, where his involvement made ABSOLUTELY ZERO SENSE).

Also feel he and Rogue are totally wrong for each other. Magneto should either be single, or have someone tough enough to stand with him as an equal. Old-school Rogue might have qualified, but Legacy Rogue, really not so much. Also there's the Trial to consider...Rogue used to think that was the most heinous act someone had ever committed against her.

timeismoney
04-30-2012, 10:59 AM
I think a fully reformed Magneto should lead X-Force, or a team like it.

I love him as a good guy...but only when he's genuinely good. As it stands now, I expect "Fatal Attractions II: The Sequel" to come along any day now and turn him back into a megalomaniacal crazy.

Villainous Magneto is about as cliche as you can get. Admittedly, he helped invent the "The world hurt me so I'm going to hurt back!" MO, but I haven't seen writers do anything really novel with bad-guy Magneto since the original Fatal Attractions (not counting the Trial of Gambit, where his involvement made ABSOLUTELY ZERO SENSE).

Also feel he and Rogue are totally wrong for each other. Magneto should either be single, or have someone tough enough to stand with him as an equal. Old-school Rogue might have qualified, but Legacy Rogue, really not so much. Also there's the Trial to consider...Rogue used to think that was the most heinous act someone had ever committed against her.
I agree i think Mags should be single or have someone that is a equal the thing is I can't think of any women in Marvel that would be his equal. Who do you think fit the bill.

Last1oftheJedi
04-30-2012, 11:16 AM
I agree i think Mags should be single or have someone that is a equal the thing is I can't think of any women in Marvel that would be his equal. Who do you think fit the bill.

It'll never happen. But a woman in the Marvel U equal to Mags? Two words, one name, Emma Frost.

timeismoney
04-30-2012, 11:29 AM
It'll never happen. But a woman in the Marvel U equal to Mags? Two words, one name, Emma Frost.

I think Emma would be and alright choice given that sometime she have the same mind set as him and they get along really well. And it is funny that before the whole Rogue thing all the women he was involved with was human.

Last1oftheJedi
04-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Read Magneto 0. Mags didn't hate humans until the CIA (or whatever they actaully were...a wetworks unit for sure) killed his lover. It was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

timeismoney
04-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Read Magneto 0. Mags didn't hate humans until the CIA (or whatever they actaully were...a wetworks unit for sure) killed his lover. It was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

Yeah I have that book somewhere it was great in explaining his hate, I mean he just never been shown to have any interest in Mutants of the female kind as he was with Lee back in the day.

Last1oftheJedi
04-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Yeah I have that book somewhere it was great in explaining his hate, I mean he just never been shown to have any interest in Mutants of the female kind as he was with Lee back in the day.

There's alot of truth in that. Perhapse Dr. Rao would be a woman of intellect that has more than once shown she can "keep up" with the mutants known as the X-Men.

timeismoney
04-30-2012, 12:14 PM
There's alot of truth in that. Perhapse Dr. Rao would be a woman of intellect that has more than once shown she can "keep up" with the mutants known as the X-Men.

That another thing i think play a role in what type of women he might like intellect is something he pride himself on, that is why a lot of people don,t understand the whole Rogue thing not saying that she is dumb because she far from it but on Mags level no she's not.

Last1oftheJedi
04-30-2012, 12:26 PM
That another thing i think play a role in what type of women he might like intellect is something he pride himself on, that is why a lot of people don,t understand the whole Rogue thing not saying that she is dumb because she far from it but on Mags level no she's not.

Another excellent point. Rogue is hardly ignorante. But Mags (like Rao and Emma) is a genius level intellect.
Now I know, two people to be in love don't have to be on the same level of intellegence, but it certainly helps, right?
That, and maybe only I feel this way, but isn't Rogue a little young for Mags? I mean, I know Magneto has been "de-aged" and doesn't age as rapidly as other humans, because the earth keeps him alive and younger than the years he's traveled, but that only makes to more the point. Magneto has seen ALOT. How can Rogue relate to this guy who has been through all this? I know Rogue's life was anything but a cake walk (even though Forge could easily rememdy the whole "can't touch" thing...A simple device that allows her to turn on and off her powers would be a brillant machine, Forge-boy.), but in a *bleep*ing contest, it's not even comparable to what Magneto went through.
Emma knows tragedy though. So does Rao, if a lesser degree.
Since I like Emma/Scott so much (I know it's gone down-hill since it started, but man that opening relationship was a great read.) I think you've talked me into really wanting to see Magneto/Rao as a couple. It has a ton of plot-line potiental. Espeically since she's human and for so long Magneto was a mutant terrorist. The conversations they'd have alone would be a book I would pick up.
Personal opinion obviously.

Monty_Cristo
04-30-2012, 06:15 PM

Namor would never forgiven him.

on another note, i'm half expecting Joseph to show up as part of the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. it's a way to have a good and bad guy Magneto; active in the MU.

as for love interests, i'd love to see he and Sabra come to an understanding. she currently hates him but i think they are similar personalities. Magneto would definately respect her. they've both lost children.

timeismoney
05-01-2012, 05:43 AM
Namor would never forgiven him.

on another note, i'm half expecting Joseph to show up as part of the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. it's a way to have a good and bad guy Magneto; active in the MU.

as for love interests, i'd love to see he and Sabra come to an understanding. she currently hates him but i think they are similar personalities. Magneto would definately respect her. they've both lost children.
Magneto at his heart is a lonely person and it is understandable with all the shit he has to live with. I think him and Sabra would make for a nice relationship given that they have somethings in common. And i don't think Chris get enough credit for the work he did on Mags to make him one of if the most complex character in comics. Because the worst kind of villain is the one who can be seen as right by others.

RLAAMJR.
07-25-2012, 07:27 AM
please vote for Magneto

link: http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?420234-Most-Successful-Marvel-Villain

Fargo
09-17-2012, 09:41 AM
magneto needs to lose his speedos

tea_bird
09-17-2012, 06:54 PM
magneto needs to lose his speedos

The Speedos are fine. :evilsmile:

pepper
09-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Ridiculous! Only Namor can rock speedos!

tea_bird
09-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Ridiculous! Only Namor can rock speedos!

I approve on them both. :p

alf_to_the_rescue
12-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Cool art from the Artist forum (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?474745-Bryan-Sevilla-s-Art-Thread)

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/286/6/e/magneto_by_bryansevilla-d6qc8by.jpg

georgerogers42
12-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Magneto solo looks good so far. I'm reading Magneto Testament!

Silvermoth
12-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Testament is pretty good. I can't wait for the solo. It's sounds amazing. I'm not really familiar with Colleen buns work yet but I'm excited this will be my first chance!

graffiX
01-15-2014, 08:55 AM
Mags was just a straight bad ass in Uncanny X-Men #16 today.

I was on the fence about picking up his solo series, but after this issue....I'm getting it for sure.

Jack Xavier
01-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Everything looks good..can't wait.

AntiPatriot
01-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Loved how a de-powered Mags was still like *Bitch please, you think I'm gonna join you poor figures?* and slapped them like they bitches they are.

Ztopia
01-15-2014, 04:56 PM
I might be in the Looney bin one too many times when I say this but it feels like Magneto is a bit more dangerous depowered

juan678
01-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Magneto and Xavier Beginning Art by Magickmarker
http://i39.tinypic.com/2wnbabs.jpg

ItsDaveyJ
01-20-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm interested in getting the Magneto solo but I haven't been following Uncanny X-men. Can anyone share his overall experience in that book? Thanks!

Ztopia
01-21-2014, 09:15 AM
Magneto has been on edge ever since realizing that his powers is screwed up. For the most part, he played the role as mentor for Scott Summers. Offering both philosophical and strategic advices. Unfortunately, he has been wallpaper and not really making a consistent impact with the UXM. This latest issue definitely shows that Magneto is back to being dangerous, especially with the ingenious methods of using his suppressed abilities

ItsDaveyJ
01-21-2014, 10:13 AM
Magneto has been on edge ever since realizing that his powers is screwed up. For the most part, he played the role as mentor for Scott Summers. Offering both philosophical and strategic advices. Unfortunately, he has been wallpaper and not really making a consistent impact with the UXM. This latest issue definitely shows that Magneto is back to being dangerous, especially with the ingenious methods of using his suppressed abilities

Dangerous villain, dangerous hero, or dangerous anti-hero?
Thanks for the reply though. Guess I didn't miss much if he was relegated to wallpaper status.

Ztopia
01-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Definitely a dangerous anti-hero in the truest sense. Some moments will show him come out as a hero while others could see it as villainy.

Acolyte Era
01-21-2014, 02:13 PM
It's gonna be entertaining when his move gets taken in the wrong light..the reactions are gonna be great.

Ztopia
01-21-2014, 02:58 PM
No doubt. I am expecting the Avengers and SHIELD to be intervening in a major way once Magneto get the game plan in motion

anthony_lynch15
01-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Made this for the Uncanny X-Men #16 thread.
But I think it works here as well.

http://anthonylynch.info/comics/uncannyx16.jpg

:biggrin:

Ztopia
01-21-2014, 04:04 PM
Can't get any better than that bud. Superb work!

anthony_lynch15
01-22-2014, 08:28 AM
Magneto's new look for the upcoming Uncanny Avengers Planet X arc.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/34/ad/4c/34ad4c189d43b20852e7666e27a04024.jpg

Definitely prefer Magneto with hair on his head!

ItsDaveyJ
01-22-2014, 09:04 AM
Yeah I like him better with hair too. Not sure how I feel about his new outfit though... I liked Bachalo's version more although I wish it wasn't so white. But hey, as long as he isn't wearing underwear over his tights again... I'm happy.

I wonder if his family will be appearing in his solo. We haven't seen him interact with his grandkids since Wanda came back.