PDA

View Full Version : The Amory Wars. In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3?

theDarkJAww13
03-18-2012, 02:34 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on the Amory wars? I've always been a huge Coheed and Cambria fan and bought -and enjoyed - the first couple "Second Stage Turbine Blade" issues.

But In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 was ALWAYS my favorite album by them. And upon learning the album was a concept album, as are all the bands works (and the comics all follow the albums) I was infatuated with finding information about the story. And I loved what I read about this album.

A few weeks ago I found out that at least the first volume graphic novel for IKSSE:3 is out. I will be buying regardless but I was just wondering if anyone here has read them and what they thought about the books?

UnravThreads
03-18-2012, 03:11 PM
I got it free via a competition, and I've barely touched it. I've never listened to Coheed & Cambria, I have no intention of doing so, and seeing their name peppered throughout the first issue or so had me rolling my eyes.

Seems a bit weird for me. I'll finish it, sure, but I'm not exactly sure who anyone is, what's going on and so on and so forth.

theDarkJAww13
03-18-2012, 04:25 PM
well it's not like they're just littering the bands name through out the book, those are the characters' names. I'll admit I found it a bit weird too when I first started reading them for that reason but then I just realized they just named their band after the characters from the lead singers story haha. That may clear up the fact that you don't know know what's going on haha.

What book are you on? If it's anything after Second Stage Turbine Blade, I could see how someone who isn't a fan may see the names popping up in the books so much as "peppering" of the band. But Coheed and Cambria are the two main characters of Second Stage Turbine Blade (the first two arcs of the Amory Wars) and are the catalysts of the entire story pretty much.

if you care about mythology in a story while reading, and if you do wanna finish that book, you'll likely wanna pick up those first books.

UnravThreads
03-19-2012, 02:00 AM
I realise it's part of their mythology, it just seems a bit... tacky.

I'm not really all that interested in it, I'm only reading it (and Kill Audio whenever I get around to it) 'cos I got them for free.