PDA

View Full Version : PREVIEW: "Scarlet Spider" #4

CBR News
03-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Marvel has released an early preview of "Scarlet Spider" #4 by Chris Yost and Ryan Stegman. Peter Parker's clone Kaine faces off against the Assassins Guild this April!

Full article here (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37573).

David Walton
03-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Stegman's pretty impressive with action scenes. It's like everything good about the 90s, without some of the narrative excesses.

CyberHubbs
03-15-2012, 12:29 PM
I hope Kaine beats that guy to death with the teddy bear, then hands it back to the girl and is like, "Thanks, kid."

David Walton
03-15-2012, 12:54 PM
I hope Kaine beats that guy to death with the teddy bear, then hands it back to the girl and is like, "Thanks, kid."

I think a 14th demon slipped in while you werent' looking.

In all seriousness, that would be pretty funny, and in keeping with the humor of the guy who yelled at the old lady for nearly getting hit by a car and threw a taxi driver out of his own moving vehicle.

"I'm pretty sure that's what Spider-Man would have done."

Cavemold
03-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Why can't scarlet spider double ship!

NickFury90
03-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Why can't scarlet spider double ship!

Cuz Stegman can't keep up two issues a month. Hell, we already got a fill-in on #5. I'd gladly wait a full month for Stegman's work, because like David said, his action storytelling is phenomenal, and he's pretty darn good at capturing the right emotion for the human characters, too.

Cavemold
03-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Cuz Stegman can't keep up two issues a month. Hell, we already got a fill-in on #5. I'd gladly wait a full month for Stegman's work, because like David said, his action storytelling is phenomenal, and he's pretty darn good at capturing the right emotion for the human characters, too.

Ah true true .

Russ840
03-15-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm in love with this book. I hope it runs for enough issues to get a nice oversized hardcover !

classicgmer
03-16-2012, 03:26 PM

I think Stegman is absolutely killing it on this book as well BUT if they can find artists of equal or greater skill & doubleship the book every now & agian you're not gonna hear a complaint from me. Take this June's solicitations of Winter Soldier for instance, it's double shipping & yeah Butch Guice isn't gonna be on art duties for two issues BUT Mike Lark is the guy whose taking over for those two issues.....Kinda hard for anyone to complain about that imho.

I guess I'm just very equal opportunity & not as much as attached to specific writers & artists just so long as by the time I'm through reading the comic I'm happy with the end result & they're many, many different talents that can achieve that result for me & if they can do it more then once a month I say bring it on.

Having said all that if I can only get Scarlet Spider once a month then I'm fine with that too (I'm pretty flexible/easy to please despite what some might have percieved from some of my postings in the past)

NickFury90
03-16-2012, 03:42 PM
I was so happy to see to Michael Lark on Winter Soldier. That guy is too good to just being doing the odd fill-in issue for Punisher or Defenders, and every time he works with Brubaker it's good comics(Daredevil, Gotham Central, early Captain America).

I'm all for double shipping if they can find some another great artist to rotate on story arcs, but I'm fine with the current output as well. So far, SS has been a consistently good comic coming at its own pace, I don't mind waiting for quality :biggrin:

Hulk_Is
03-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Sexy. Stegman had a style I already liked, so it's great to have it on an ongoing serires.

Thennary Nak
03-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Hate that we have to wait until next month for this issue, but I guess good things come to those who wait and all that.

But it looks like issue 4 will have some great fight scenes worth waiting for.