PDA

View Full Version : CBR: Lara Croft: "Tomb Raider" -- From Then 'Til Now

CBR News
02-07-2012, 07:58 AM
CBR takes a look back at the legacy of the infamous heroine and pop culture icon in video games, comics, movies and more.

Full article here (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36827).

MarvelMaster616
02-07-2012, 09:24 AM
It's been a while since there's been a well-done Tomb Raider game/comic/movie. I get the sense that Lara Croft has sort of been overshadowed by other games and other icons. I liken her to Mega Man somewhat in that she's on the same level she used to be. That's what a long string of sub-par material will do. But I'm of the opinion that it only takes one really good blow to be relevant again. I think Tomb Raider can be that great again. It just needs to be done right and done in a fresh, updated way.

ceroxide
02-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I enjoy the comic books although I never got 'em all and the compendium sells for ridiculous price right now wish I could get it for cover price :(

still I've enjoyed the last 3 games and the movies were okayish, as for the new game I'm really stoked for it, but a new comic series... I dunno maybe if Alvin Lee was doing the art and Neil Druckmann and Amy Hennig wrote the story that would be worth a look, the last comic was too Witchblade for my taste which is why I dropped it, stupid mistake I know :(

CmX
02-07-2012, 10:35 AM
The last three console Tomb Raider games have been excellent. All very well polished and each with refreshing gameplay in their own way, while at the same time doing awesome storytelling with the TR mythos.

I absolutely cannot wait for this game! Take as long as you need CD. This game will be just as great :D

C. Earl
02-07-2012, 11:32 AM
I had heard awhile back plans for a new Tomb Raider comic, but when it didn't materialize, I figured it had been aborted.

I love legal fights. http://******************/shocked-smiley-9461.gif

I still have the original Tomb Raider game and even a companion book with all the cheat codes, but I've still never came remotely close to finishing the game. Currently they're both serving as a platform for a Tomb Raider action figure I bought back in 2000 or so...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/DarkTamerSteph/trtiger.gif

Arvandor
02-07-2012, 12:41 PM
CBR takes a look back at the legacy of the infamous heroine and pop culture icon in video games, comics, movies and more.

Infamous? That's an odd choice of word.

Anyway, I played Uncharted 3 recently, and all the way through I couldn't help comparing Drake's clumsiness with Lara's grace, and the way he struggled against obstacles you just know Lara would have sailed over. Uncharted was good, but Lara's much more of a badass.

Aljira
02-08-2012, 05:44 AM
i've seen the trailer so many times - and i still can't get over the fact that very soon, i will be playing Lara in Final Fantasy quality graphics...

now - i just hope - Disney works with Square Enix again for an X-Men game. (i imagine sometimes while playing FF13 - that's it's Storm casting that thundaga...)