PDA

View Full Version : CBR: Where The Hell Am I - Dec 28, 2011

CBR News
12-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Jason Aaron writes his final installment of WHERE THE HELL AM I as he looks towards a year full of finales and new beginnings.

Full article here (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36139).

maniacmatt
12-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Very sad to see the column come to a close, Jason, but very thankful for what we got. It's been an invaluable resource for me as an aspiring writer in terms of inspiration, motivation, and just practical tips. Thanks for everything and good luck in your future and current projects. I look forward to whatever lies ahead.

Spiros
12-28-2011, 02:40 PM
You're one of my favorite writers right now

Scalped will go and be one of the defining comics of the last decade no question about it

and you've made me buy a Wolverine book, something I hadn't done in over 10 years and I haven't been this excited about an X Team book since Morrison left.

Paladin King
12-28-2011, 06:43 PM
You're one of my favorite writers right now

Scalped will go and be one of the defining comics of the last decade no question about it

and you've made me buy a Wolverine book, something I hadn't done in over 10 years and I haven't been this excited about an X Team book since Morrison left.

I really enjoyed your column, Jason, though have never posted in the comments thread.

Just wanted to say that outside of the odd issue of your early work of Wolverine that I may have missed, I have picked up all of your work in some form or fashion.

I have been following Scalped in singles since issue 30 or so (which was when I got back into comics) and have been picking up all of your other ongoings from issue 1.

Wherever you go or whatever you do, you've got my support and I'll be right there with ya. You're one of the very few writers who I have enough faith in where your name alone guarantees a spot on my pull list. Whatever you do next, I'll be along for the ride.

I'm also very happy to hear that you've got more creator-owned stuff cooking after Scalped is complete. Congrats on ending Scalped on your own terms as well - very few Vertigo titles get that privilege, as I'm sure you're well-aware.

Gorgeousaur
12-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Just a day or two ago I was thinking as I got on to CBR "I haven't seen Aaron's 'Where the Hell Am I?' column in a while."
Now I find out it's done.
Damn.
Anyway, I'm excited to see how Scalped ends. And I look forward to picking up WatXM in paperback when that comes out. I've heard it described as 'best X-team book since Morrison' so, yeah, I'm excited.

Also, it was cool seeing you at the con in Kansas City. That panel you were in was pretty great. Hope to see you there next year.

Pizawle
12-29-2011, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the awesome column and good luck on your future endeavors, Mr. Aaron.

Though my superhero lot continues to decrease, I will be anticipating a new indie series by you more than any other.

epp101
12-29-2011, 06:02 AM
Jason: Quite frankly, with the workload you've had this past year, I was quite surprised to see you stick with the column as long as you did. Thanks so much for that, as I'm sure that the time you sacrificed from writing your five other titles, plus family time, was dearly bought.

And just thanks so much for being the kick ass writer you are. Folks like yourself and Rick Remender and Kieron Gillen give me optimism about the future of comics when so much else looks bleak - as long as there's talent like yours in the industry there's hope. I also appreciate your call to those out there still breaking into the industry - I'm not one of those people, but who knows? The next Aaron or Remender or Morrison or Ellis may be out there trying to break in right now, and all of us, the industry, the fans, the current creators, etc., need them right now as much as ever.

You're one of those handful of creators whose work I'll buy sight unseen (very short list - Moon/Ba, Morrison, Ellis, and . . . that's about it). Scalped has become such a part of my life that there will be a noticeable void in my life when it concludes. And while PunisherMax and Wolverine didn't quite get to that top tier Scalped is on, needless to say that my pull list will be all the poorer for your leaving those titles.

But WatXM has been good fun only 3 issues in and I'm excited to see where that goes. Between that and Remender's work on UXF, there's a lot more to be excited about on the X-titles than there's been in a long, long time. And your work on the Incredible Hulk may just get me to put that title on my pull list for the first time ever.

Well, thanks again for all of your hard work on these titles and for gracing us with your thoughts and insights on this column. While we won't be seeing your thoughts on CBR again for the foreseeable future, we know you're out there writing your ass off, pushing yourself creatively, and trying to put out the best comics you can. The industry and fans are all the better for it.

Good luck, and I look forward to following your work into 2012.

Schmakt
12-29-2011, 06:42 AM
I have less talent than this can of soda on my desk right now, so I was never reading your column for any kind of industry advice... sometimes that made it tedious to get through, but it was always worth it. I've very much enjoyed this column; thanks for putting the time and effort into getting this out. :)

ScotsScribbler
12-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Great column, the only thing I didn't agree with was the Alan Moore thing, but on reflection I can understand why you felt so strongly.

It was always interesting and never dull. Sorry to see it go.

Would like to ask that you stay away from superheroes, leave it to the hacks. You can do better.

maniacmatt
12-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Would like to ask that you stay away from superheroes, leave it to the hacks. You can do better.

That's a bit unnecessary, don't you think? Those "hacks" are Mr. Aaron's co-workers.
Not to mention how closed minded of a statement that is.

rev sully
12-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Thank you Jason,

I'm really into WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN. Thanks. It's one of my favorite monthlies, please keep 'em coming. And keep them fun please. That's perhaps it's biggest strength.

I've also really liked your column. Your tirade on Alan Moore will be forever kept as a bookmark by me. I do like the old man's work but I love what you had to say. Cheers & Huzzah!

Eric O'Sullivan
Boston, MA USA

ZananIV
01-01-2012, 08:51 PM
I have less talent than this can of soda on my desk right now, so I was never reading your column for any kind of industry advice... sometimes that made it tedious to get through, but it was always worth it. I've very much enjoyed this column; thanks for putting the time and effort into getting this out. :)

I doubt it, dude(tte), that is one lame can of soda! Seriously though, even if writing isn't your passion, I'm sure you have some sort of talent. Just don't call me a "hater" if I don't wind up liking your wildly successful abstract pop-art. :tongue:

Jason Aaron, thank you for this column. It was insightful, I related to it, it made me think about what I was doing right and wrong (though I know I should take what you say with some salt), and it was a lot of fun to read. Good luck with everything!

Jason Aaron
01-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks again for reading, folks.

Scurlogg_Hawkk
01-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks mate for your time and wisdom .

cheers

aNamored
01-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Of all the writers' columns presented in the past, I've enjoy Jasons' the most.

I will definitely miss this column, more than one of Jasons' columns acknowledged my own feelings as a budding writer. It was really great to read those columns and see that professionals work in a manner not unlike me (constantly thinking about characters is constantly writing :)).

So thank you sir and CBR.

Hope to see a sequel eventually :)

Apaulo
01-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Wolverine and the X-Men #4: one of the better scripts I've read recently. Amazing character interaction.

carla2013
06-07-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm one of Ghost Rider's fans too. A few weeks ago I've seen (for the second time) Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance