PDA

View Full Version : Will Former Mutants that are now depowered play a role in Avengers vs X-men ?

CMBMOOL
12-22-2011, 09:22 AM
While we know that the main Avengers and X-men teams, both Utopia and the JGHL school, will be involved in the event, the question is now ask upon whether or not former mutants will play a role in the upcoming event....

I mean despite her new vampire powers, Jubilee must still have grudge against Wanda for taking away her mutant abilities.

And even though she proven herself worthy without the use of her powers, someone like Dani Moonstar may have a thing or two to say about the whole ordeal.

What about former mutants like the Blob or Marrow, will they play a cameo role or two to speak out their piece of the event ?

This event could be the FINAL ACT to the whole Mutant depowerment thing, as it could finally be settled once and for all. And if Marvel is serious about this event and how it could change things for good in the Marvel Universe, then they should at least take into consideration a bunch of former mutants that may want a word or two about the whole event.

Wouldn't you agree to any of this ? :frown:

Seguun
12-22-2011, 09:25 AM
They Should but I doubt it. Cameos at best, maybe a few of the bad guys get repowered but will depowered play a large role I would be surprised. I am expecting few x-men to get spots anyway.

Pixie_Solanas
12-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Mercury gets impaled by a love-arrow from Bro-Hawkeye.

Dinosore
12-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Can this be used as an excuse to see Maverick again?

vitruvian
12-22-2011, 09:39 AM
While we know that the main Avengers and X-men teams, both Utopia and the JGHL school, will be involved in the event, the question is now ask upon whether or not former mutants will play a role in the upcoming event....

I mean despite her new vampire powers, Jubilee must still have grudge against Wanda for taking away her mutant abilities.

And even though she proven herself worthy without the use of her powers, someone like Dani Moonstar may have a thing or two to say about the whole ordeal.

What about former mutants like the Blob or Marrow, will they play a cameo role or two to speak out their piece of the event ?

This event could be the FINAL ACT to the whole Mutant depowerment thing, as it could finally be settled once and for all. And if Marvel is serious about this event and how it could change things for good in the Marvel Universe, then they should at least take into consideration a bunch of former mutants that may want a word or two about the whole event.

Wouldn't you agree to any of this ? :frown:

Given that Wanda is still trying to repower everybody in Children's Crusade, shouldn't these issues already be resolved by the time AvX rolls around?

Shaun of Candlekeep
12-22-2011, 09:42 AM
By rights Magma should have a large role to play. Wanda did murder/manslaughter her boyfriend after all.

fortyseven
12-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Marrow better be repowered post AvX.

HitechLolife
12-22-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm expecting Beak to factor into it in a big way.

OrganicUrban
12-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Shouldn't there be already a lot of re-powered mutants on the run? All the X-Titles are now far after Childrens's Crusade, and there was no mentioning except for Rictor, whom we already know.

And to be honest, I don't care either. It is terrible that Marvel allowed all those delays for Children Crusade. I mean, sorry, I like Chung's art, but he is not a photorealistic artist like others, he is a standard artist.

Did Marvel really believe that we all thirst for this title that we wait about 2 years or so for 9 issues?

darknessatnoon
12-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Shouldn't there be already a lot of re-powered mutants on the run? All the X-Titles are now far after Childrens's Crusade, and there was no mentioning except for Rictor, whom we already know.

None of them got repowered. Patriot shot Scarlet Witch in the vulva with an arrow.

CMBMOOL
02-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Given that the entire Avengers vs X-men event is a 12 issue event...does anyone expect any former mutants to come into play during this event and try to track down Hope on their own ?

aNamored
02-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Can this be used as an excuse to see Maverick again?

Then I would buy into this otherwise uninteresting event.

If Maverick got his powers back, I'd be very happy. He is my favorite mutant (or should I say X-mutant) :biggrin:

I'd love to see it.

MCBDan
02-18-2012, 05:55 PM
This is going to be when they change Jubilee back from being a vampire.

xhx23x
02-18-2012, 05:56 PM
This is going to be when they change Jubilee back from being a vampire.

They already said she's not part of AvX.

Peter F.
02-18-2012, 05:58 PM
None of them got repowered. Patriot shot Scarlet Witch in the vulva with an arrow.

Rictor got repowered.

Yeah, she should have gotten to more.

Apathy Lad
02-18-2012, 06:18 PM
I like that the most significant event of Children's Crusade is Rictor getting repowered.

CMBMOOL
03-08-2012, 03:47 AM
Now that Children's Crusade is over, it seems that the Scarlet Witch would not return to the Avengers and is on her own in the events before Avengers vs X-men, so now it makes me wonder whether or not some of the former depowered mutants will play a role or two in this event if Wanda has a chance of meeting up with them on her journey ?

Home made ectoplasm
03-08-2012, 04:15 AM
yes, we know.

worstblogever
03-08-2012, 04:22 AM
Here's the thing... Hope can channel the powers of any other mutant, right?

We've seen her use Cyclops' optic blasts, we've seen her sample Wolverine's healing factor. We've seen her channel the Phoenix...

Maybe the catch is, Wanda might not be able to restore the powers of all the depowered mutants, but what happens if Hope uses Wanda's powers to do so?

I don't know that it will play a role in AvX, but I could see it happen at some point. Until then, maybe there will be some Thor or Valkyrie interaction with Moonstar (a valkyrie, herself). Past them, I'm doubting anyone else will factor in.

baltiroo
03-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Curious as to if Michael Pointer will have anything to do with Scarlet Witch and the re-powering of mutants, since he was the Collective of all mutants depowered on M Day. Would be an interesting point, but I am sure that Marvel won't touch on it. I would like to see other depowered mutants show up in the event, but I am not holding my breath for it.

Phoen1xSon
03-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Marvel tends to neglect certain characters that it would make sense if they had an important role in certain events. this has been done before. so I doubt that they'd show up despite the fact that I wanted Dani and Sofia re-powered for the LONGEST TIME.

ronedog22
03-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Calling it, Cyclops dies but somehow mutant gene is rebooted and mutants are not on the chopping block as bad post AvX

blackphoenix
03-11-2012, 09:06 PM
I like that the most significant event of Children's Crusade is Rictor getting repowered.

I know, right? That entire mini was a waste of paper. All it managed to do was repower a D-lister, kill off Stature, give Wanda a free pass for Decimation (it was really all Doom's fault! Right...*roll eyes*), kill Kid Vision, and make Iron Lad a psycho, and disband the Young Avengers. Total fail.

I hope AvX manages to repower more mutants than a random like Flex or Artie Maddicks.

Whim
03-12-2012, 03:13 PM
I know, right? That entire mini was a waste of paper. All it managed to do was repower a D-lister, kill off Stature, give Wanda a free pass for Decimation (it was really all Doom's fault! Right...*roll eyes*), kill Kid Vision, and make Iron Lad a psycho, and disband the Young Avengers. Total fail.

I hope AvX manages to repower more mutants than a random like Flex or Artie Maddicks.

and Scott Lang came back

still did more than Necrosha which had so much potential.

Wellman
03-12-2012, 10:38 PM
It would be a great scene if the Avengers capture Hope and it is broadcast by the X-Men about it on some social media and then a legion of depowered mutants arrive on their doorstep to protest her capture.

and Scott Lang came back

*spits* That is what I think of Scott Lang.