PDA

View Full Version : The Wonderfalls Appreciation Thread

mattbib
11-02-2005, 07:10 AM
I recently bought the complete series of Wonder Falls on DVD. I had never seen it but had heard some good things about it. Anyway, I just finished watching the last episode yesterday and I'm amazed at how much I loved this show It was so quirky and funny and the characters were so well defined. I definitely recommend checking it out.

Is anyone else a fan?

Arrjay
11-02-2005, 07:12 AM
I recently bought the complete series of Wonder Falls on DVD. I had never seen it but had heard some good things about it. Anyway, I just finished watching the last episode yesterday and I'm amazed at how much I loved this show It was so quirky and funny and the characters were so well defined. I definitely recommend checking it out.

Is anyone else a fan?

Sorry Matt. Never heard of it. Is it an American show?

mattbib
11-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Sorry Matt. Never heard of it. Is it an American show?Yep, it took place at Niagara Falls. And I guess it's actually spelled "Wonderfalls". Here's the imdb.com entry (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361256/).

Ryan K
11-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Here's a thread with some poster's opinions on it from when it came out on dvd.

Wonderfalls on DVD (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=41187)

I'll just copy and paste my opinion on it here:

I finished watching my set the other day and thought I'd post some of my thoughts on the series.

-On the whole I liked the first couple of episodes more than the later ones when the show began concentrating more on the Heidi-arc (though it was very nice to see Jewel Staite). My favorite episodes were Wax Lion, Muffin Buffalo, Lovesick Ass (I can't say enough about Spencer Breslin in that episode), and Totem Mole

-I really liked Caroline Dhavernas in the leading role, but I didn't really care for any of the supporting characters. I liked the brother a little towards the end (a theologian atheist with a sister who talk to inanimate objects that could possibly be God speaking to her - great concept). I absolutely hated the sister, the mother, and the best friend.

-The special effects weren't nearly as amazing as the creators would lead you to believe.

-I think it was the last 5 or so episodes that I started to not like the show -as much. I didn't particularly care for any of the relationships and a lot of the jokes started to fall flat on their face.

-The special features were a real dissapointment. The Greeting from Wonderfalls documentary and the commentaries were pretty much the creators talking about how brilliant the show was, how brilliant each other were, and how brilliant other people involved in the show were. That got old really fast (especially considering I didn't think the show was anywhere near brilliant). I would have liked to see commentary and interviews with other people than Holland, Dhavernas, Finneran, and Fuller. I love Bill Sadler so it would have been nice to hear from him, Lee Pace, or maybe some of the Fox executives who pulled the plug on the show.

Overall I'd give the set a 6.5/10. I'm very glad it was as cheap as it was or I'd probably be a little mad

I know The Lucky One's a fan.

DF2506
11-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Wonderfalls was a great short-lived series, imo. It was from Bryan Fuller (who also did DEAD LIKE ME, another awesome series! It lasted only two seasons). Also Tim Minear,of Angel & Firefly fame, was an executive producer!!

I have it on dvd and its one of my favorite series (I have Dead Like Me season 1 and 2 also). I enjoyt his series alot. When I need a laugh, I watch either Dead Like Me or Wonderfalls. They were two of the funniest and best written shows on tv. Wonderfalls definitly deserved to last longer. Ditto for Dead Like Me (though it did get luckier then Wonderfalls..)

DF2506
" I heard once that there might be a Wonderfalls movie, but I kind of doubt it. Who knows though! We can hope! "

boyhangover
09-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Does anyone else just love this series? Jaye is one of my all time crushes. I wish she did more work. I wanted Off The Map to work out for her but it didn't. I watched These Girls specificly for her. I love that Fargo on Eureka was originally Mouth Breather on Wonderfalls.

boyhangover
09-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Oops sorry. Anyways I love this series. I wish it had continued. It was far superior to Pushing Dasies.

Deathstroke
09-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Love the series.

superion
09-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Great show and Jaye is probably my favorite female TV character of all time. Still can't believe Fox treated it the way they did airing only 3 episodes before they pulled it. Luckily all 13 episodes were available on DVD.

According to Wonder Falls Wikipedia page they were going to have some really interesting story lines in the 2nd season if it had gotten renewed.