PDA

View Full Version : CBR: "Dark Shadows" Returns in October

CBR News
07-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Barnabas Collins returns in October in Dynamite Entertainment's new "Dark Shadows" series, picking up storylines where the original daytime television series left off.

Full article here (http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33352).

Tori Pagac
07-18-2011, 01:25 PM
sadly this makes the audio dramas big fish is selliing not cannon still im excited to read this

DonC
07-18-2011, 02:47 PM
If they're starting from scratch then I might check this out. But the only Dark Shadows I'm anything close to familiar with was the 1990s revival that didn't last one full season. Still, I did enjoy that.

witchboy
07-18-2011, 07:32 PM
The Big Finish audios are still just as much canon as the comics. The audios full cast series is set years after the original series, with the comics picking up at the end of the tv series. Also, the comics writer is a writer and producer for the audios so I would think he could make the two lines not contradict each other, especially with a good ten year gap between the two lines.
I'd also expect that the comic, while picking up at the end of the tv series, will be written to be a jump on point for new fans.
I'm a massive DS fan so I'm really psyched for this.

I_Captain Blanco
07-19-2011, 09:31 AM
The Big Finish audios are still just as much canon as the comics. The audios full cast series is set years after the original series, with the comics picking up at the end of the tv series. Also, the comics writer is a writer and producer for the audios so I would think he could make the two lines not contradict each other, especially with a good ten year gap between the two lines.
I'd also expect that the comic, while picking up at the end of the tv series, will be written to be a jump on point for new fans.
I'm a massive DS fan so I'm really psyched for this.

This. Also, does it really matter if it's canonical (not "canon") as long as the stories are great?

Moriarty
07-19-2011, 11:34 AM
i can't wait. i was hoping the new movie would bring some merch, like comics.

rondaisy
10-14-2011, 06:14 AM
I'm eager to see this new comic. Hope it is as good as the Innovations Comic of the 1991 Dark Shadows. I noticed one "mistake" in the cover art...both mansions are used, the one from "House of Dark Shadows" as well as the Seaview Terrace Mansion from the original series. This was also a problem with the comic strip of the original series, there was a constant flipping from one mansion to the other.

Professor Moriarty
10-14-2011, 08:19 PM
who's writing it?

i've never heard of the writer.

(bear in mind i'm new to dark shadows)