PDA

View Full Version : Superheroes who deserve their own film franchises

Icem@n187
06-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Batman, Spiderman, Xmen, all these superheroes deserve there own franchises. But then you get movies like Elektra, Daredevil (which was underrated), and Spawn, which probably will not get a second chance. Who do you think will be the nect big franchise Hit?

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/holy-box-office-batman-10-superheroes-who-deserve-their-own-film-franchises-06-17-2011

Fenaris
06-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow and Wonder Woman all deserve movies in my opinion but I don't like the cast that the link suggested. I've said this before but my dream actor for the Flash would be Neil Patrick Harris, for Aquaman it would be Kevin Mckidd, for Green Arrow it would be Alexander Skarsgård and I honestly have no clue who would play Wonder Woman.

daveageallen
06-19-2011, 02:30 PM
who deserves a movie and it would be awesome? new gods, swampthing, kamandi. will it happen? probably not.

it would be cool for the next one to be a vertigo title, something like northlanders, joe the barbarian.

we herd flash, wonderwoman, jla,and hawkman were in the works. but also bleeding cool said they were pending on how well green lantern did. and even though its been a good opening weekend, 52.million . it was not big numbers expected. so it will be longer before we those.

Camoron
06-19-2011, 02:30 PM
I like how they name Donald Glover but have a picture of Danny Glover. At first I was confused, now I am amused.

mathew101281
06-19-2011, 02:32 PM
What do you mean by deserve? I'd argue that some of the lesser known heroes might actually make better films then ome of the more well known ones.

Poe1809
06-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Movie-wise, I think Flash is the only no brainer in the bunch. I don't see the attraction of Aquaman or WW, really, from a film perspective at least. I wouldn't mind seeing Booster Gold in some form of live action again, but maybe he's a little more suited to tv. Out of everything else, I think Blue Beetle might be the best possibility for the big screen.

Cavemold
06-19-2011, 02:35 PM
I think Deathstroke as villain assassin would be a hit.

BlueLily
06-19-2011, 02:40 PM
I think The Flash could be really fun.

fael.
06-19-2011, 03:19 PM
It will most likely be flash soon but deathstroke would be cool. And I'll say ragman just for fun

funky monkey
06-19-2011, 03:25 PM
there needs to be a decent and dark catwoman film

fael.
06-19-2011, 03:29 PM

Agreed, that Halle berry film was wack.

Jordacar
06-19-2011, 03:36 PM
I did a whole column on this topic for my Examiner page. I served up probable movie plots and even suggested directors for each. Surprisingly none of the proposed heroes have had much movement since the last post, aside from the failed WW pilot. Maybe I should update that one.

I haven't touched the column for awhile, but here are the ones I have covered:

Wonder Woman (http://www.examiner.com/comic-books-in-los-angeles/superheroes-that-need-movies-now-case-file-001-wonder-woman)
Luke Cage & Iron Fist (http://www.examiner.com/comic-books-in-los-angeles/superheroes-that-need-movies-now-case-file-002-luke-cage-iron-fist-heroes-for-hire)
The Flash (http://www.examiner.com/comic-books-in-los-angeles/superheroes-that-need-movies-now-case-file-003-the-flash)
Ant-Man (http://www.examiner.com/comic-books-in-los-angeles/superheroes-that-need-movies-now-case-file-004-ant-man)
Green Arrow (http://www.examiner.com/comic-books-in-los-angeles/superheroes-that-need-movies-now-case-file-005-green-arrow)
Dr. Strange (http://www.examiner.com/comic-books-in-los-angeles/superheroes-that-need-movies-now-case-file-006-doctor-strange)

Cavemold
06-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Agreed, that Halle berry film was wack.

I agree. Terrible.

bulldog_milt
06-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Honestly my wants:

Big Budget
- Wonder Woman
- Flash
- Justice League
- Teen Titans

Mid Budget
- Suicide Squad
- Green Arrow
- Doom Patrol
- Doc Savage
- Constantine
- Hawkman

TV Series
- Outsiders
- Nightwing
- Birds of Prey
- Traci 13
- Zantanna
- Gotham Central
- Huntress

daveageallen
06-19-2011, 04:05 PM

batman returns

Cavemold
06-19-2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF2GjVaKSa8 Has movie written all over it.

doordoor123
06-19-2011, 04:09 PM
who deserves a movie and it would be awesome? new gods, swampthing, kamandi. will it happen? probably not.

it would be cool for the next one to be a vertigo title, something like northlanders, joe the barbarian.

we herd flash, wonderwoman, jla,and hawkman were in the works. but also bleeding cool said they were pending on how well green lantern did. and even though its been a good opening weekend, 52.million . it was not big numbers expected. so it will be longer before we those.

Um doesnt Swamp Thing already have a movie? Two actually

jsf
06-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Kamandi

Warlord

Shazam

Wonder Woman

Ikonic
06-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Static would actually make for a GREAT movie.
One of the better rogues galleries, cool looking powers, general audience recognition, and wouldn't require a ridiculous budget.

MajorHoy
06-19-2011, 05:09 PM

Honestly my wants:

Big Budget
- Wonder Woman
- Flash
- Justice League
- Teen Titans

Mid Budget
- Suicide Squad
- Green Arrow
- Doom Patrol
- Doc Savage
- Constantine
- Hawkman

TV Series
- Outsiders
- Nightwing
- Birds of Prey
- Traci 13
- Zantanna
- Gotham Central
- Huntress

Well, Swamp Thing had a few movies (not very good ones) in the 1980's, and didn't Keanu Reeves star in a Constantine movie not that long ago?

To be honest, maybe the safest way to go would be a Batgirl movie . . . it doesn't have to have a Batman appearance, but a definite mention . . . maybe just get someone to play Bruce Wayne for the rescue sequence against Killer Moth?

And maybe another Supergirl movie as well?

Jordacar
06-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Honestly my wants:

Big Budget
- Wonder Woman
- Flash
- Justice League
- Teen Titans

Mid Budget
- Suicide Squad
- Green Arrow
- Doom Patrol
- Doc Savage
- Constantine
- Hawkman

TV Series
- Outsiders
- Nightwing
- Birds of Prey
- Traci 13
- Zantanna
- Gotham Central
- HuntressOooo, I like :cool:

And being the stubborn pig-head that I am, I would have to add Batman to the TV series list. :biggrin:

Ebon
06-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Batman, Spiderman, Xmen, all these superheroes deserve there own franchises. But then you get movies like Elektra, Daredevil (which was underrated), and Spawn, which probably will not get a second chance. Who do you think will be the nect big franchise Hit?

A new Daredevil movie is already in the works. I think the days of a single bad movie killing a franchise dead, are dead.

90'sCartoonMan
06-19-2011, 06:35 PM
I'd love to see all the big ones get their due, like Flash and Wonder Woman, plus the teams like the Titans.

However, I think Hawkman could make for a really cool film franchise if they play up the reincarnation thing. Do a bunch of movies set in different time periods but with the same Hawkman and Hawkwoman...or heck, cast them with different actors Doctor Who-style, but still keep the same personalities and have them remember previous adventures.

Jonah Hex for that matter.

Jordacar
06-19-2011, 06:58 PM
I'd love to see all the big ones get their due, like Flash and Wonder Woman, plus the teams like the Titans.I could see the Titans getting a movie before the League. JLA might need some solo films to precede it (to get movie audiences warmed up), but Titans really doesn't need as much setup or build-up.

However, I think Hawkman could make for a really cool film franchise if they play up the reincarnation thing. Do a bunch of movies set in different time periods but with the same Hawkman and Hawkwoman...or heck, cast them with different actors Doctor Who-style, but still keep the same personalities and have them remember previous adventures.Well that's different. Brings to mind a lot of my friends who didn't completely hate Twilight: Eclipse; a lot of talk about those all-too-brief flashback origin vignettes. Imagine a Hawkman movie that has that going on for at least half the film.

Jonah Hex for that matter.Somebody on another forum (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=349757) brought up the idea of doing a movie of all of DC's western heroes (Hex, Bat Lash, Nighthawk, Cinnamon, etc.) in one grand western Silverado-style epic.

Jordacar
06-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Mid Budget
- Suicide Squad
- Green Arrow
- Doom Patrol
- Doc Savage
- Constantine
- HawkmanActually, now that I think about it, move Hellblazer to the TV series list, give it to Russel T. Davies or some such visionary nutter and we have a winner.:cool:

Ned McDodd
06-19-2011, 10:55 PM
i think catwoman could work if they do it right. I mean, a female cat burglar, who likes the danger and the diamonds sounds not even so much like a geeky superhero movie. Little bit like Oceans 11 regarding the fun and the excitement of a heist. I would also tone down the cat references on the costume. Just a gorgeous woman in a tight costume should do the trick, with maybe some playful cat ears as accessories.

DrCosmic
06-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Deserves?

First off: Wonder Woman, she's a long lasting character, with some recognizability and a, believe it or not, realitively simple appeal over several appealing character traits and a built in rogues gallery (greek mythology). There's a lot of conflicting continuity holding her back, but she deserves it badly.

Flash, Aquaman, for similar reasons. And of course Justice League and even Teen Titans. These all have summer tentpole potential.

Mid-level Movies that I think would make a lot of profit done well on a 50-60M budget include:
Firestorm
Mr. Terrific
Static
Vixen
Blue Beetle
Captain Marvel

Of those, I think that Captain Marvel would make for a TV show much better.