06-06-2011, 09:02 AM
I would love Lemire on Animal Man!

Karl O'Neill
06-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Sold!

Love his Sweet Tooth comic.

Washout
06-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Hmm, I would prefer Lemire on an Atom ongoing, but this will work.

Uxas
06-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Amidst the almost disappointingly predictable books in the GL- and Bat-verse, it's announcements like this that get me excited.

Assuming this is actually happening.

Thrillhouse55
06-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Amidst the almost disappointingly predictable books in the GL- and Bat-verse, it's announcements like this that get me excited.

Assuming this is actually happening.

I should have put a question mark in the topic title, I guess.

Although, I'm just going to assume my wildest dreams are coming true and that they wouldn't post something so perfect without it being true. :biggrin:

Dave Cote
06-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Cool who's the artist?

PlumeNoir
06-06-2011, 09:15 AM
This would be really cool! (I just re-read Animal Man 1-26 in one sitting whilst sick last week...I had forgotten how good the second half reads like that.)

If this is true, it might make up for my concerns regarding Secret Six and Power Girl not making it past Flashpoint...

zurenarrh
06-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Yeaa, this is definitely a buy.

maniacmatt
06-06-2011, 09:32 AM
For those questioning whether it's true, it is. Via Lemire's Twitter:
"I've been working like an ANIMAL to get my new books done on time. MAN is it fun."
Note the use of caps.

gwangung
06-06-2011, 10:03 AM
For those questioning whether it's true, it is. Via Lemire's Twitter:
"I've been working like an ANIMAL to get my new books done on time. MAN is it fun."
Note the use of caps.

Noted.

Guess we can slide this over to pretty firm.....

Jaded Devil
06-06-2011, 10:20 AM
AWE-effing-SOME.

Keep it up with the quirky character books, DC, and I'll be buying them for sure!

Fingers still crossed for a James Robinson/Darwyn Cooke VIGILANTE book...

gravling
06-06-2011, 10:46 AM
okay, that's literally the only inspiring creative choice i've heard so far. and it's promising as hell

Imitorar
06-06-2011, 11:39 AM
I might buy this. I've always been interested in Animal Man as a concept, but he hasn't had a books since Morrison's run on him, and that one was a bit convoluted, to say the least. It's good to see him get a series again. And if the Mod Gorilla Boss is in this book, I will buy it in a heartbeat.

Jody Garland
06-06-2011, 11:45 AM
that volume actually went on for another 60 issues after Morrison left. Not sure about the quality though.

janthonyh
06-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Awesome news. I was loving superboy, but this will be epic.

Jared H.
06-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Please let this be true. I will buy this SO HARD.

Fatguy
06-06-2011, 12:03 PM
This would be so very, very wonderful. Probably the most exciting thing I've heard yet.

bongoes
06-06-2011, 12:47 PM
OH YES. This is perfect. I've been reading Morrison's Animal Man recently and was thinking about how awesome it would be if they gave him his own title again. And Lemire is so good, I can't wait to see who the artist is.

FanboyStranger
06-06-2011, 02:16 PM
This I like. Lemire has shown that he's very good with family dynamics in Essex County and even more than the superheroics, Animal Man should be about family. (For all the meta-textual weirdness of Grant Morrison's run, the real heart of the series was the Bakers themselves.)

It also looks like Brian Bolland will be doing covers.

Kyle Anderson
06-06-2011, 02:18 PM
It also looks like Brian Bolland will be doing covers.

What makes you say that?

FanboyStranger
06-06-2011, 02:25 PM
that volume actually went on for another 60 issues after Morrison left. Not sure about the quality though.

It's a mixed bag. Peter Milligan did a six-parter after GM left that's as good as Grant's run, in my opinion.

Tom Veitch started off pretty well, but all his stuff was trying to build up to a major epic storyline that would be concluded in AM 50, and that storyline just sort of fizzled. (T Veitch's best stuff in the book was actually the Penalizer comic that Ellen was iluustrating. It was a good spoof of the Punisher before they got so commonplace, and when the writer turned out to be a deranged, gun-loving freak with a major obsession towards Ellen, it produced the best issue in Veitch's run.)

Jamie Delano also started out strong mopping up after Veitch and bringing a real horror feel to the book, but after a few issues, it basically turned into political issue of the month. It was better overall than T Veitch's run, but nowhere near the standard set by Morrison and continued by Millligan. (Also, some very nice, visceral art by Steve Pugh as well as some of Russ Braun's first work in the industry.) Definitely readable if you're looking to pick it up.

Jerry Prosser's run was pretty much unreadable. It was a mercy killing when ]AM got cancelled.

FanboyStranger
06-06-2011, 02:28 PM
What makes you say that?

Oh, you know what: I clicked over at Bleeding Cool, and someone grafted some antlers and ears on an old Bolland picture to make it look like Buddy had been merged with Gus from Sweet Tooth. At first, I thought it was a new Animal Man cover, but I just looked again and figured out what it really was. Sorry.

Sir_i4got
06-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Wow this is just.....WOW

Now give me a Jhonen Vasquez Hitman series