PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Threads

Big_H
05-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Is it just me or do some threads randomly disappear?

I noticed this when looking for the Recommended Reading and Baltimore threads.

Kees_L
05-19-2011, 08:33 AM
No, they don't disappear, but finding access to not new threads can be difficult, since the search function seems extremely dodgy at times.

Would be my estimation.

I've never had a thread become fully unfindible, but I've had threads seem first unfindable and then some time later perfectly findable again.

noble_enough
05-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Ever since the Forums dropped down to only two pages I've noticed that. I remember a year or more back it used to be multiplepages so you could easily dig through old threads that way. But now you have to know what your searching for with good key words..

Kees_L
05-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Ever since the Forums dropped down to only two pages I've noticed that. I remember a year or more back it used to be multiplepages so you could easily dig through old threads that way. But now you have to know what your searching for with good key words..

I have been told (on the Comm Forum) that CBR turned to a different server (a better one) then, plus that for functioning better they toned down the page count for all forums, plus they introduced how threads are to not exceed 5000 posts or continue as a new thread.

Reportedly before all that, the search function performed much much worse and occasionally the old server(s) acted up often enough by having everything freeze or by 'going down'.

Reportedly the nickname for the server is Monica (Lewinsky).

Gary_B
05-19-2011, 09:39 AM
I've read (also on Community Forum) that using Google to search for threads works better than the forum search tool.

Ollie
05-19-2011, 10:05 PM
I haven't noticed threads disappearing, but the other day I was trying to post in the Hellboy Being Human thread and when I pressed submit it just kept taking me back to the sign in page.

Has that happened to anyone else?