PDA

View Full Version : Where does Jarvis work?

darknessatnoon
11-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Does Jarvis now cook and clean at Stark Tower or at the Avengers mansion?

Vic Vega
11-01-2010, 11:15 AM
It looks like he spends most of his time at the Tower now.

darknessatnoon
11-01-2010, 11:18 AM
OK, because I think it's a little absurd for Luke Cage and a stay at home mom like Jessica Jones to have a butler.

LordEd1976
11-01-2010, 11:41 AM
OK, because I think it's a little absurd for Luke Cage and a stay at home mom like Jessica Jones to have a butler.

besides, with squirrel girl working as Luke and Jessica's nanny, she can clean the place using her squirrel army ala the main character in Enchanted.

darknessatnoon
11-01-2010, 11:42 AM
besides, with squirrel girl working as Luke and Jessica's nanny, she can clean the place using her squirrel army ala the main character in Enchanted.

That should be against the law. Cleaning up after adults is not part of a babysitter's job description.

Vic Vega
11-01-2010, 12:27 PM

If Dr. Strange joins and moves into the mansion, I guess cleaning up after the Avengers will be Wong's job.

That should be amusing as Wong seems to hate the N.A.

ExodusCloak
11-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Surely the logical thing to do is employ more cleaners? What's the point of having one person doing all the cooking and cleaning?

AcesX1X
11-01-2010, 02:01 PM
i'm still waiting on jarvis to download his brain into tony's home security system. when is that going to happen?

XPac
11-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Surely the logical thing to do is employ more cleaners? What's the point of having one person doing all the cooking and cleaning?

Does Bruce Wayne have more staff than just poor Alfred? That's a pretty darn big house to take care of, in addition to all the other stuff Alfred does. I think comic book millionaires are just stingy that way.

Vic Vega
11-01-2010, 04:22 PM

Supposedly there WAS a full staff (Jarvis, Chef and Maid) on day one. The Chef and Maid ran away after they took one look at the Hulk. Jarvis was the only guy that STAYED.:biggrin:

In the John J. Miller run of Iron Man, we saw Jarvis commading (drill sargent like) a full staff of Butlers in an issue set at the Mansion. They were never seen again. Since the Mansion was attacked that same issue (so what else is new?) we can probably assume they all quit.

It kind of sucks to be Jarvis (unless his hazard pay is INSANE).

The Last Day Dawns
11-01-2010, 07:07 PM
He's the one that keeps coming back though. Would have been a jerk to clean the Infinity mansion, unless the billion Jocastas did it. Just be like the FF and make Jarvis redundant

Kirk G
11-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Supposedly there WAS a full staff (Jarvis, Chef and Maid) on day one. The Chef and Maid ran away after they took one look at the Hulk. Jarvis was the only guy that STAYED.:biggrin:

There was at least one story where Jarvis betrayed the Avengers (in Avengers #54 and 55) and he's been so grateful ever since, that he's continued being their servant ever since... just so that they won't jail him!:biggrin:

matthewaos
11-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I remember somewhere seeing more stuff but I'm not sure where.

Werehunter
11-01-2010, 07:22 PM
This thread really has me missing the Avengers support staff.

I've always looked at it as the Avengers typically cleaned up after themselves, with Jarvis doing things like vacuuming and dusting only, well in addition to cooking and the like.

Plus I can see them having people come in once every two weeks to clean the non secure areas of the mansion and tower.

Vic Vega
11-01-2010, 08:42 PM
There was at least one story where Jarvis betrayed the Avengers (in Avengers #54 and 55) and he's been so grateful ever since, that he's continued being their servant ever since... just so that they won't jail him!:biggrin:

At least that devotion works both ways. Jarvis is one of the few guys that can pull the Avengers together if need be.

Gabe De Los Muertos
11-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Jarvis pimps out the former Avengers at children's birthday parties like clowns.

Valeria Kementari
11-02-2010, 05:53 PM
I loved it when the last babysitter (Marilla for the uninitiated. The one killed by Tony Stark, babysitter to Luna) kept making Jarvis uncomfortable, thus clearly demonstrating his homosexuality

darknessatnoon
11-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I loved it when the last babysitter (Marilla for the uninitiated. The one killed by Tony Stark, babysitter to Luna) kept making Jarvis uncomfortable, thus clearly demonstrating his homosexuality

Is he really? Didn't he date Aunt May? Wasn't he bisexual before OMD?

RatFace
11-02-2010, 06:08 PM
It's probably a bunch of small robots that clean Stark Tower.

Valeria Kementari
11-02-2010, 06:13 PM

He dated Aunt May to cover his true desires, else he would not have been so bothered by a strong female like Marilla

matthewaos
11-02-2010, 06:27 PM
How old is Jarvis and how old is Aunt May? I mean, come on...

FanboyStranger
11-02-2010, 06:32 PM

Heh. You mean Marilla the Inhuman with the skin flaps all over her body, including her face? The one who looked like she had 2,000 lbs sucked out of her body without the necessary skin trimming? Yeah, it was her strength that made Jarvis uncomfortable.

In all seriousness, Marilla made Agatha Harkness look hot.

worstblogever
11-03-2010, 04:46 AM
He dated Aunt May to cover his true desires, else he would not have been so bothered by a strong female like Marilla

That was JarviSkrull. Which, of course means, a Skrull did it with Aunt May.

http://dailypop.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/skrull_samplec.jpg?w=350&h=381
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/CyberGhostface/Spider-Man592024.jpg
Hope everyone keeps their breakfast down that pictured that.

LordEd1976
11-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Hope everyone keeps their breakfast down that pictured that.

Its staying down. But it sure as hell doesn't want to.

matthewaos
11-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Wow, I don't remember where this panel is from! But I also did not remember there was a Catwoman movie, a few months ago:wink: Nice healing factor, healing the wounds of my mind...

Pixie_Solanas
11-03-2010, 09:49 AM
That's not facial hair around Jarvis' mouth.

Home made ectoplasm
11-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I think that would have been retconned away after Mary Jane made the deal with Mephisto.

Talisman
11-03-2010, 12:54 PM
They need Peggy Carter back to run this shiz.

matthewaos
11-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I think that would have been retconned away after Mary Jane made the deal with Mephisto.

But not, it's not.

Dermie
11-03-2010, 04:48 PM

Jarvis didn't date Aunt May--that was a Skrull.

Jarvis does/did have a long-term girlfriend, Glory Garsen, whom he met in #298 and was seen with in various other issues after that.
As for Marilla...Jarvis was dating Glory at the time Marilla was around, so Jarvis wasn't available to date her even if she was interested in him (which I saw no evidence of).

boyhangover
11-03-2010, 05:09 PM

That's not Jarvis that is J Jonah Jamison Sr. and it is after the deal with Mephisto. It's when Peter comes back from an underreality and months have gone by and Betty Brant has hooked the two of them up.

Also if Strange is joining the team again then he can clean the mansion by taking a clue from Mickey. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3HHfe-1F6s&feature=related

Pixie_Solanas
11-03-2010, 05:10 PM

That's not Jarvis that is J Jonah Jamison Sr. and it is after the deal with Mephisto. It's when Peter comes back from an underreality and months have gone by and Betty Brant has hooked the two of them up.

That makes even less sense than Jarvis and May doing the dirty.

boyhangover
11-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Even worse they are married now. Old flat top and Spidey are step cousins in law and Jamison is the mayor of New York.

boyhangover
11-03-2010, 05:21 PM
his was just delivered to my junk mail box on hotmail.
Are you too busy to clean? Local maids can help - Click 'show content' Above Creepy.