PDA

View Full Version : CBR: CBR TV: Sterling Gates

CBR News
10-07-2010, 12:53 PM
DC Comics writer Sterling Gates stopped by CBR TV to discuss his time spent working on "Supergirl," what it was like working on "War of the Supermen," the challenges of writing "Bizzaro-speak" and much more.

Full article here (http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=28732).

OldSchoolfan
10-07-2010, 01:23 PM
My intial thoughts after viewing this is that it is a defense of the years worth of Superman stories that many fans were disappointed with.

My second thought is if he's going off Supergirl...where is he going and who is taking over?

srhanson
10-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Yeah, it does sound like he's looking to let Supergirl go. Which is too bad because he and Igle have been a great team for her book. I'm nervous about who will follow them.

Jimmy Bond
10-07-2010, 05:47 PM
I really respect him as a writer, and I like what he's done with Supergirl. But I can't help buy scoff over his comments on New Krypton.

Comics_Addict
10-07-2010, 06:34 PM
For myself I really enjoyed New Krypton as a whole but I can see that this constant meta-event spilling over five monthly books could gotten tiresome ( I did at first but really enjoyed the stories as soon as I read them). This is not the same economy as the nineties. Nice interview

dupersuper
10-08-2010, 03:09 AM
I really respect him as a writer, and I like what he's done with Supergirl. But I can't help buy scoff over his comments on New Krypton.

Well, he's kind of in a no-win situation there. Should he bad mouth it and get in trouble at work?

OldSchoolfan
10-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Well, he's kind of in a no-win situation there. Should he bad mouth it and get in trouble at work?

I agree with you, but it sure seems like he's getting kicked off the book to me.
I think the interview would have been a little different if he was leaving voluntarily. And...it seemed like he was being forced to say nice things about Johns and Robinson. But that is an impression and you can't put a whole lot of credence to it.

It's funny, now that we know who is taking over, I can't see the new team doing as good a job. In the old days if a team was doing a good job, they stayed on the book. This change seems arbitrary to me.

KET
10-08-2010, 01:29 PM

He could be honest instead of towing the company line, for a change.