View Full Version : JLAvengers League 2010: Global Honored & da noble savage vs. Justin K. & Giles
10-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Greetings, fight fans! Welcome to the first annual JLAvengers League!
The JLAvengers League is an exhibition match pitting the winner of this year's Justice "League" (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?p=11494376) against the winner of this year's Avengers League (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=329557) in a winner-take-all finale.
As this is our first ever JLAvengers League match-up, a few words on voting:
Participants and spectators may vote only once in the match, either in this thread or that on the DC Universe forum. All voters should use the poll included in either of the match threads, and vote solely on a team's strategy and defense. Votes from posters who vote in both polls will be discounted. To prevent unfair ballot-stuffing, only votes from posters with 50 or more posts will be counted. Additionally, votes from posters with matching IP addresses will be disqualified. The voting polls will remain open for 72-hours.
Participants may question each other's strategies and offer retorts during a match so long as they stay civil. Spectators may also question the participants. However explanations may not contradict or embellish the posted strategy. Voting should not be based on any potential that characters possess or on any other moves that a voter might want to interject on their own. All voters should feel free to comment on why they've voted for a specific team.
To maintain fairness across the board, teams with two or more participants will only be allowed one vote in any match. If more than one member of a team votes in a match, only the first vote from that team will be counted.
Additionally, while encouraging friends or family to vote in the tournament is allowed, encouraging others to vote specifically for you is against the rules and is grounds for disqualification. Friends and family are expected to read both strategies and make a decision based on what is presented; not based on allegiance to a particular participant. All voting should be done without bias.
And now on to our first fight...
Battle Location: Liberty Island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Island)
Global Honored (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/member.php?u=33517) & da noble savage (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/member.php?u=11756)
JUSTICE "LEAGUE" 2010 CHAMPION
BATGOD: THE BRAVE, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
Plastic Man, Flash (Garrick, 2), Batman (Wayne, 2), Geo-Force, Tomorrow Woman
Justin K. (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/member.php?u=30065) & Giles (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/member.php?u=45922)
AVENGERS LEAGUE 2010 CHAMPION
SUPER TERRIFIC ENIGMATIC ALLIANCE LEGION TERRORIZING HATERS
Invisible Woman, Monica Rambeau (3), Mantis, Protector, Living Lightning
Both participants have submitted strategies:
Please do not post or vote until both strategies have been posted and read.
10-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Special Episode: Die Hard with Avengers!
As the BatGod: the Brave, the Bold and the Beautiful team appears on Liberty Island in the shadow of the magnificent Statue of Liberty, they quickly acknowledge their strange new opponents as threats. Tomorrow Woman makes it her directive to take out the gorgeous but threatening Invisible Woman and proceeds to unleash a full force psych attack with her telepathic powers on Sue Storm's mind, disorienting and disabling her capable mind, breaking her concentration and preventing her from creating or maintaining force fields. Geo Force will use his amazing powers to effect Monica Rambeau's gravity, essentially making her infinitely heavier and equal to the earth. Even in energy form, gravity will effect her and contain her during the onset of the battle, like a black hole keeping in light. Batman, using his expert marksmanship and his trusty utility belt, hits Mantis with a barrage of flash bombs to disorient her and keep her off balance during the initial phase of the attack. Bats tosses Tomorrow Woman a capsule of his knockout gas.
Jay Garrick, the Golden Age Flash, uses his superspeed to zip over to Marvel Boy/Protector and plays the world's fastest and kinkiest pick-pocket, stripping Noh Varr of all his clothes, gadgets and weaponry in a blur. He rushes back in less than a blink and hands the goods over to Batman except for the Nega Bands which Jay vibrates deep into the earth. BatGod...err..Batman is not only an elite martial artist, a master escape artist, detective supreme, inventor, scientist and uber-wealthy ladies man but of course one of the world's greatest and most advanced minds. He has the ability to understand and command advanced and alien technology never before seen in just a matter of moments as seen throughout his adventures such as with Know Man's technology which he quickly turned against Know Man himself, as well as disabling the Starro Bot in the JLA series and in this example of zeta beam technology in which Adam Strange is enviously impressed in how Bats just picked it up in mere moments, which took Strange years to accomplish:
Adam Strange mancrushing on Batman....or just jealous again
Plastic Man makes it his priority to contain the one called Living Lightning. Plastic Man uses his stretching and incredible morphing abilities to track Living Lightning. He has been shown to catch the speedster Impulse before in a quick sprint and can alter his molecular structure to change into anything he imagines with moving parts even, including a jetplane should he need to take to the air to catch him. His durability nears invulnerability so as he stretches around, capturing and consuming Living Lightning, his rubbery structure can endure the electrical charge as he locates and pinpoints Living Lightning and traps him within, altering his physical makeup as necessary to trap Lightning in a shiny Red, Black and Yellow bottle.
Plastic Man tracking and trapping the speedster Impulse
The Flash, after arming Batman, returns to the scene of the crime and gives Noh Varr a good old fashioned speed blitz of punches that were dangerous enough to batter Black Adam, so should put the Protector out of commission.
Now equipped with Noh Varr's weaponry, Batman goes after Mantis. Batman's cowl is equipped to defend against telepathic attack on top of his intense training in concentration to counter any breaches of his mind. Bats continues to stimy Mantis with flash bombs and now some of Noh Varr's self-replicating grenades as he uses his ninja-like abilities to show Mantis the true meaning of STEALTH, appearing behind her and trapping her in a pocket battlefield, compliments of the Kree and the speedy hands of an guy wearing a hubcap.
Tomorrow Woman, attacking Sue Storm's mind, uses her telekinetic powers to hurl Batman's knockout gas at Sue's feet, then forces Sue's mouth open for the gas to rush in and take her to sleepytown. If need be, a good womandroid punch to the stomach would open that mouth of hers.
Plastic Man keeps containment on Living Lightning as the Flash rushes over to lend Geo Force a hand. Geo Force keeps his gravitational pull on Monica and begins to erupt the ground immediately at her feet, not wanting to significantly damage Lady Liberty. Even for a Russian, he has sentimentalities. Flash vibrates through the debris and wallops her with a speeblitz as she struggles to hold on to her energy form. If need be, Batman with his borrowed arsenal and Tomorrow woman would help finish her off after their objectives have been completed.
Phase Three: Epilogue
With the opposition finally restrained, the Batgod: Brave, Bold and Beautiful team shake hands one final time. After combating challenges from some of the universe's most powerful beings, the team finally gets to rest.
Plastic Man: "So what now boss?"
Batman: "Now we go home."
Jay: "That sounds wonderful. These old bones could use a break before they actually..you know...break. So Plas, why don't you do that thing you do and ferry us back to the mainland."
Tomorrow Woman: "No way. I am NOT riding on him...you never know what part you're touching."
Plastic Man: "Or is touching you, right Sugarbumps?"
Tomorrow Woman: "Gross!"
Plastic Man: "Besides, I don't like the water. I can't swim."
Jay: "What do you mean you can't swim? You lived on the bottom of the ocean for 300 years."
Plastic Man: "Exactly! If I could swim, don't you think I would have found a better residence?...Just kidding...one Ellis Island Ferry coming right up. Enjoy the view folks."
Tomorrow Woman: "I think I will just fly. It's been real."
Geo Force: "What about you Bats? You coming with us? I know a great Russian Samovar in Manhattan. We could celebrate."
Batman: "No, you go on and enjoy yourselves. Just keep an eye on Plastic Man for me please. He already owes me for the last bail I made on him."
Plastic Man: "Yes but I paid back all the other ones, don't leave that out. All aboard."
Jay Garrick: "Thanks again Batman. It's been an honor. You sure you won't come with us?"
Batman: "No, I will be fine here. My old friend and I are going to take in the view and have the Batsub pick us up a little later."
Jay Garrick: "Oh..Lady Liberty, she sure is something isn't she? Yep, I guess we all have a friend in her."
Batman: "Don't be silly Jay. That is just a statue. Isn't that right Bat-mite?"
Jay Garrick: "Uh oh"
Geo Force: "Come on Jay, Plas...the boat is leaving." (Jay zip aboard with a befuddled look on his face)
Batman: "Who, Jay? Delusional? Senile? I understand that he's old but I couldn't make that prognosis yet. ....yes, you're right Bat-mite..yes..you're always right...(continues carrying on a conversation with himself...OR is he?....)
10-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Part 1: Pretty boy here I come
- Invisible Woman starts off the match by rendering our team invisible, minus Monica Rambeau (she'll be doing something simultaneous to this). At the same time, Sue creates a bubble around us, our team not touching the ground but the bottom of the bubble instead, as a way of remaining undetectable to Geo-Force, due to his connection with the Earth. While doing so, Invisible Woman constantly shifts the frequency of the bubble around our team in case Flash tries to phase our bubble. (Simultaneous)
- Mantis telepathically links the minds of our team, protecting us from being detected or attacked mentally by Tomorrow Woman. (Simultaneous)
- Monica Rambeau shifts herself into pure light (non-solid) and flies towards Batman at light speed. The moment she approaches him, she shifts her frequency in order to disable his technology, first by entering him. Monica goes through the forms of micro-waves, radio-waves, and electricity all within seconds, and then takes to the air. This is done in case Batman has special tech to see us while invisible. (Simultaneous)
- Protector teleports to Geo-Force, expanding his pocket battle-field around himself and Geo-Force. Protector then manipulates the battlefield to have no gravity, or ground naturally, leaving the two floating around the dimension. Being in another dimension, there would be no connection to Earth for Geo-Force. (Simultaneous)
- Invisible Woman traps Plastic Man and Tomorrow Woman in a bubble (seperate from each other). While doing so, Sue creates a bubble within Batman's suit (around his body) and expands it, ripping his suit and mask off, leaving us with a stark naked Batman; Sue has done this with her own costume before, and it was made of unstable molecules too. Sue's bubble naturally negates telekinesis, our team is protected from telepathy thanks to Mantis, and Plastic Man, nothing much he can do to break out.
Living Lightning: "OH MY WORD!" *Blushes*
- Protector blasts Geo-Force continually and flies closer and closer to him. Seeing he is not connected to Earth, Geo-Force is being weakened every second. Once Protector is close enough, he spits of Geo-Force, using his nanites to gain control of him. At that moment, Protector drops the pocket battlefield and has Geo-Force, still conscious, manipulate the gravity so that everyone (I mean everyone) on the battlefield is floating away. With Flash no longer grounded, no more running for him.
- Invisible Woman drops the bubble around our team.
- Living Lightning takes a moment to enjoy a naked Batman and then flies at him. No gravity means easier flying. Basically Living Lightning flies at Bruce and shocks him enough to knock him unconscious. (Simultaneous)
- Monica Rambeau converts herself into pure light and flies into the bubble that contains Tomorrow Woman. Monica then enters her and shifts her frequency into whatever powers her and uses it against her. Basically, Monica does this, though the blast is contained within Sue's bubble...
*Note: If Tomorrow Woman is in her human form, Monica simply enters her and gives her a full dose of X-rays, taking her out either way.
- Invisible Woman barrages a suspended Flash with invisible javelins. (Simultaneous)
Defeated: Batman, Tomorrow Woman, Flash
Incapacitated: Geo-Force, Plastic Man
Part 2: Hey hey hey, I'm what's happening
- Protector tells Geo-Force to return gravity to normal. (Simultaneous)
- Invisible Woman creates a slide for all of our non-flying team-mates and slide safely to the ground. (Simultaneous)
- Mantis enters Geo-Force's mind and gets a look at his Rogues gallery, feeding the information to Protector through the mind-link.
- Protector convinces Geo-Force that Plastic Man is one of his greatest foes and has him blast Plastic Man with extreme heat, directly from the ground. (Simultaneous)
- Invisible Woman drops the bubble around Plastic Man. (Simultaneous)
- Monica Rambeau converts herself into pure heat and flies around Plastic Man, adapting to Geo-Force's heat by shifting her frequency and preventing Plastic Man from escaping. (Simultaneous)
* Monica Rambeau and a controlled Geo-Force use this move on Plastic Man until he is taken out of the match.
- Mantis rushes Geo-Force and finishes him off by nerve-punching his neck. (Simultaneous)
- Invisible Woman bombards Geo-Force with invisible javelins. (Simultaneous)
- Protector blasts Geo-Force with a powerful beam of energy. (Simultaneous)
* All of this should surely take out Geo-Force.
Defeated: Everyone Else
10-01-2010, 11:53 AM
I couldn't decide, so in the end, I went with Global and savage because we've been through so much together in these leagues.
10-01-2010, 01:28 PM
I couldn't decide, so in the end, I went with Global and savage because we've been through so much together in these leagues.
Appreciated washout. We're like interweb blood brothers at this point or at least a couple of old boxers that pick eachother up from the hospital the day after they go 12 rounds.
As I mentioned on the DC thread, we've had a heck of a good time with this throughout the season and hopefully we can put on a good fight this weekend to draw a good vote total. Justin and Giles are awesome and we're happy to duke it out with the mighty Avengers champs. May the best butler win! That is Alfie, of course. It's all in the 'stache.
10-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Congratulations to Justin K. & Giles, the first ever JLAvengers League champions!
Great job also to Global Honored & da noble savage.
See you next year!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.