PDA

View Full Version : Idie Okonkwo...Bi-Polar Princess Appreciation

ProfeZZor X
09-18-2010, 09:41 AM
NAME: Idie Okonkwo
PLACE OF BIRTH: Nigeria, Africa
KNOWN RELATIVES: All deceased
POWERS & ABILITIES: Thermal extraction and displacement

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/Profezzor_X/BOBBYS%20%20BUDDIES/IdieOkonkwo3.jpg

Not much is known about Idie at this time, except that she was one of the 5 lights that was discovered a while back, by the X-Men. From what we do know, she's originally from Nigeria, Africa, and she's fourteen years old (Proof: http://www.kierongillen.com/). In the few days that her powers manifested, she was looked upon as a bad omen, by accidentally causing destruction to everything and everywhere she went. As a result, the enraged towns-people in her village acted agressively out of fear and killed her parents, believing they were the cause of all the chaos. Scared and held hostage in her own house, with prayer as her only means of comfort, her powers manifested once again, when she caused the death of two men attempting to abduct her.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/Profezzor_X/BOBBYS%20%20BUDDIES/IdieOkonkwo.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/Profezzor_X/BOBBYS%20%20BUDDIES/IdieOkonkwo2.jpg

Idie's powers seem to be thermal dynamic in nature, in the fact that she projects cold/negative energy, absorbing the ambient heat, and dispersing it externally. Obviously there is far more to her powers and personality that we don't quite yet understand, but one thing is for certain, she's destined to rock the core of the X-Men's elemental line up, and maybe give a few veterans a run for their money.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you our newest, youngest and brightest addition to the X-Men family....

Idie Okonkwo.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/Profezzor_X/BOBBYS%20%20BUDDIES/IdieOkonkwo-1.jpg

MartinRedmond
09-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Idie kept praying for the goddess to be kind to her no matter what until she sent her Ororo. Praise the bright lady.

coveredinbees
09-18-2010, 02:59 PM
I thought she was older.

Pixie_Solanas
09-18-2010, 03:03 PM
I hate this broad already.

Skaddix
09-18-2010, 03:04 PM
I thought she was older.

yeah, her previous pictures dont make her look twelve.

Pixie_Solanas
09-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Mapplethorpe-splattered exercise gear does not a uniform make.

Boozier
09-18-2010, 03:12 PM
You're just jealous that she might kick Pixie's arse...

Icefanatic
09-18-2010, 03:28 PM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/Profezzor_X/BOBBYS%20%20BUDDIES/IdieOkonkwo-1.jpg

If I had a twelve year old that dressed like that...:eek:

Seriously, depicting young girls like that has got to stop, it's preverse. Quesada issues an edict against characters smoking yet has pubescent girls drawn like pole dancers?

coveredinbees
09-18-2010, 03:32 PM
I sort of agree she could use a better costume.

Nevets F
09-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Seriously, depicting young girls like that has got to stop, it's preverse. Quesada issues an edict against characters smoking yet has pubescent girls drawn like pole dancers?

I think he chose a good thing to enforce. A girl dressed like that won't give anyone cancer.

Skaddix
09-18-2010, 03:35 PM
If I had a twelve year old that dressed like that...:eek:

agreed its disgusting.

MartinRedmond
09-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Maybe they changed her to 12 at the last minute. She looks 12 in UXM, not in the promos.

Quinnhop
09-18-2010, 04:51 PM
She looks 12.

You guys need to get some perspective.

Haven't you ever watched "True Jackson, VP"?!

Talisman
09-18-2010, 06:05 PM
I'd prefer if she'd borrowed Rachel's old danskins and suspenders look.

MistressMerr
09-18-2010, 06:19 PM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/Profezzor_X/BOBBYS%20%20BUDDIES/IdieOkonkwo3.jpg
Why are her teeth so small?

Chase_Stein
09-18-2010, 07:10 PM

She's pouting her lips for her Greg Land student pictorial.

ProfeZZor X
09-18-2010, 09:51 PM

She's chewing on Chicklets

witness
09-19-2010, 12:49 AM
She's 12? Wolverine and Colossus will have a field day.

Mind_Witch
09-19-2010, 05:34 AM
It seems a little early to appreciate her yet.

MartinRedmond
09-19-2010, 07:34 AM

Armour, watch out.

ProfeZZor X
09-19-2010, 08:41 PM
It seems a little early to appreciate her yet.

I could have said the same thing about Pixie when she was first introduced... But that didn't stop her fans from worshiping her.

fod_xp
09-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Idie kept praying for the goddess to be kind to her no matter what until she sent her Ororo. Praise the bright lady.

Her "Goddess" sent a defective Storm-Bot to save her, the damn thing's cyber brain is so corroded from a crappy body casing that can't protect against her own meager lightning bolts. The damn thing is so twichy it's starts every sentence with "they say" and uses "we" rather than "I."

Someone nail that dumb Stormbot like it was a duck on Duckhunt, PLEASE!

I thought she was older.

So did Oliver Coipel, but then again, he drew that Generation Hope teaser image weeks before this issue hit shelves, so he probably had no clue.

I hate this broad already.

**** Marvel up it's crusty crap filled arse, I don't particularly want to read about 12 year old children. I couldn't even stand reading all of Brian K. Vaughan's Runaways because those little brats generally pissed me off with their damn teen antics and "youth rebellion" crap. Give Gillen the big toys, NOW!!!

I though it looked pretty okay, but not "costume" worthy. Now that I know Idie is 12 I feel like a goddamn pedophile just looking at that teaser!

You're just jealous that she might kick Pixie's arse...

No, Agent_Torpor, I assume, and I feel it's creepy and feels way too close to crossing the line into pedophilia, or just being a tacky outfit and inappropriate for a girl her age.

Greg Land makes everything on women small, unless it is women's breasts or men's chests.

SayOcean
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Why are her teeth so small?her adult teeth havent came in yet

feralgibs
09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
First thing I will say is that her hair is awesome.

Second is that I have no interest in reading about a 12 year old. Try me again when she's at least close to adulthood.

Third, she does not look 12.

Lastly.... what is that black oil seeping from her crotch? D: That disturbs me way too much. Yes, I know it's part of the "costume" but it really should not be there.

Chase_Stein
09-20-2010, 04:43 AM
She has the makings of a nuStorm. I wonder who'll be her Yukio and Callisto and when she'll have her "The Arena" arc.

darknessatnoon
09-20-2010, 04:52 AM
Hopefully the age was a typo or Storm is showing more of the senility she showed in X-23 #1. Gillen said that these mutants were different and that their powers showed up at 17-19, not earlier at puberty.

SilverZeal
09-20-2010, 07:59 AM

Mostly Wolverine, we all know how he gets all 'huggy' and 'lemme wrap ma hairy hands around u' routine with teenage girls. God only know wat he does 2 dem in secret and off-panel.

Skaddix
09-20-2010, 08:01 AM
Hopefully the age was a typo or Storm is showing more of the senility she showed in X-23 #1. Gillen said that these mutants were different and that their powers showed up at 17-19, not earlier at puberty.

I hope so too but those preview pictures make her look far closer to twelve then she does to 17-19.

SilverZeal
09-20-2010, 08:01 AM
First thing I will say is that her hair is awesome.

Second is that I have no interest in reading about a 12 year old. Try me again when she's at least close to adulthood.

Third, she does not look 12.

Lastly.... what is that black oil seeping from her crotch? D: That disturbs me way too much. Yes, I know it's part of the "costume" but it really should not be there.

Damn.....is dat d 1st and last place u look at on a costume let alone 'wat' u gat tumbling between d ears.:biggrin::biggrin:

Skaddix
09-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Mostly Wolverine, we all know how he gets all 'huggy' and 'lemme wrap ma hairy hands around u' routine with teenage girls. God only know wat he does 2 dem in secret and off-panel.

I don't know Wolvie usually goes after them once he makes them his new sidekick, Colossus doesn't have Kitty so he is dangerous.

Pixie_Solanas
09-20-2010, 08:48 AM
She has the makings of a nuStorm. I wonder who'll be her Yukio and Callisto and when she'll have her "The Arena" arc.

Fortunately, Fraction was beaten to the punch with a nuStorm by Claremont with his far-superior Lil' Ro (poop on meee).

Chase_Stein
09-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Fortunately, Fraction was beaten to the punch with a nuStorm by Claremont with his far-superior Lil' Ro (poop on meee).

Idie's Catholic and not a pagan self-worshipper. I'd stick with Idie.

ProfeZZor X
09-20-2010, 12:14 PM
I hope so too but those preview pictures make her look far closer to twelve then she does to 17-19.

Too bad it's not a dream sequence or a flashback... That would explain so much. Maybe they could retcon it to where that event actually happened before M-Day, and when Decimation did happen, she was depowered. That would at least add a little more age to her. Maybe not much, but enough to satisfy skeptics like us.

Skaddix
09-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Too bad it's not a dream sequence or a flashback... That would explain so much. Maybe they could retcon it to where that event actually happened before M-Day, and when Decimation did happen, she was depowered. That would at least add a little more age to her. Maybe not much, but enough to satisfy skeptics like us.

I don't know how much time that is in marvel time. I don't know she could get aged randomly or it could be a flashback who knows maybe the girls been threatened for 12 years and is not twelve. Although the inconsistent art is troublesome because she definitely doesn't look 12 in the preview for Generation Hope 1, there she looks about 15 or 16.

I really don't have a problem with a twelve year old although really I think next gen heroes need to be at least 15-16 on up. But the problem is the uniform and her age that is ridiculous. However, this just proves how much the x-editors fail at during their job. I mean I assume the least they could do is approve covers, they don't even have to open the book.

ProfeZZor X
09-20-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't know how much time that is in marvel time. I don't know she could get aged randomly or it could be a flashback who knows maybe the girls been threatened for 12 years and is not twelve. Although the inconsistent art is troublesome because she definitely doesn't look 12 in the preview for Generation Hope 1, there she looks about 15 or 16.

I really don't have a problem with a twelve year old although really I think next gen heroes need to be at least 15-16 on up. But the problem is the uniform and her age that is ridiculous. However, this just proves how much the x-editors fail at during their job. I mean I assume the least they could do is approve covers, they don't even have to open the book.

Judging by that outfit, I'd say she looks 22, not 12... And I'd actually buy that, and be fine with her at that age. It's just a shame that Marvel screwed up a new character like that before she's had any real page time.

Now all that's left is to find out what her personality is like. I'm praying they don't give her an "angry, young black woman" complex. But with that orgin story with her in that hostile environment she grew up in, and obliterated family, it's hard not to give her that stereotype at this point. Thing is, other X-Men have also been in lynch-mob scenarios when they were found by Xavier or the X-Men, and they turned out okay with no anger issues. It's just that "Americanization" that I don't want writers to give her, simply because of her age, how negative some minorities can turn out to be being raised in ghettos, and that it's okay to express anger all the time, like some characters.

Then again on the flip side, some fans like those "angry at the world" type characters, which end up being really popular with most people... Wolverine, X-23, Sabertooth, Mystique, (the old) Emma.

feralgibs
09-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Damn.....is dat d 1st and last place u look at on a costume let alone 'wat' u gat tumbling between d ears.:biggrin::biggrin:

English, please?

ProfeZZor X
09-20-2010, 05:08 PM
English, please?

I believe he was calling the other guy a perv for commenting on the black spotch seperating the colors on Idie's costume, and ending at the crotch area in what looks like a mentral mess.

ohsnapulon5000
09-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Maybe Storm refers to people's "mutant" age. Or by how long they've had their power? This girl coulda been like 12 when they manifested and she's 24 now so she's still a 12 year old girl to Ro'. Kitty is only like, 11. Prof is in his 30's, and the New X-men are relative toddlers to her and since she can't stand the smell of poopy dipey's- she just steers clear of them.

Skaddix
09-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Maybe Storm refers to people's "mutant" age. Or by how long they've had their power? This girl coulda been like 12 when they manifested and she's 24 now so she's still a 12 year old girl to Ro'. Kitty is only like, 11. Prof is in his 30's, and the New X-men are relative toddlers to her and since she can't stand the smell of poopy dipey's- she just steers clear of them.

Makes no sense for Storm to do that besides the girl looks 12 in the previews and this girl is suppose to be a new light so she shouldn't have had powers until Hope activated her.

ohsnapulon5000
09-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Makes no sense for Storm to do that besides the girl looks 12 in the previews and this girl is suppose to be a new light so she shouldn't have had powers until Hope activated her.

humorous wishful thinking. anything is better than this broad being 12 and/ or Storm being senile.

Yogaflame
09-20-2010, 11:47 PM
I know it may seem strange, but there certainly are 12 year old girls who have hit puberty and already have full-grown bodies. My little brother just turned 12 and a few months ago at his elementary school graduation, some of the girls had already grown to maturity.

Skaddix
09-21-2010, 12:13 AM
I know it may seem strange, but there certainly are 12 year old girls who have hit puberty and already have full-grown bodies. My little brother just turned 12 and a few months ago at his elementary school graduation, some of the girls had already grown to maturity.

Does she looked like a developed twelve year old in those preview pictures. Also do you think 12 year old girls should be wearing uniforms that have pants that ride so low, u can see their ass crack. And suggestive splotches around their private area.

Yogaflame
09-21-2010, 02:18 AM
I'm not saying 12 year old girls should be sexualized in tight clothes, I'm just saying, 12 year old girls can be as developed as any 14-15-16-17 year old.

ProfeZZor X
09-22-2010, 12:29 PM

That is rather unusual that she'd be able to use her powers like that so freely, at that age, and without the aide of Hope to fully activate her X-gene. I wonder if this also means that she's more powerful than what we're lead to believe... Or, she's an actual mutant that wasn't affected by M-day.

In December's solicits, it mentioned Hope and her team of "lights" being stuck in Japan to go up against the 5th light, without the aide of Cyke, Logan, or the X-Men. I'm guessing these kids will all be put to the test, and we'll get to see all of them in action.

Skaddix
09-22-2010, 12:33 PM
That is rather unusual that she's able to use her powers like that so freely, and without the aide of Hope to fully activate her X-gene. I wonder if this means that she's more powerful than what we're lead to believe... Or, she's an actual mutant that wasn't affected by M-day.

I think its power related, the more powerful ones can use their powers without help. Look at Kenji, he is rampaging through Tokyo of course he is evil so that probably contributes so it would be hard to compare him to Idie but still the more powerful ones will probably get free reign. Otherwise these bag and tag missions would get pretty lame.

ProfeZZor X
09-22-2010, 12:41 PM
I think its power related, the more powerful ones can use their powers without help. Look at Kenji, he is rampaging through Tokyo of course he is evil so that probably contributes so it would be hard to compare him to Idie but still the more powerful ones will probably get free reign. Otherwise these bag and tag missions would get pretty lame.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the writer of Generation Hope do a 60%/40% split on action, versus character beats- just to familiarize ourselves with each character. It think it's important for both. Especially for us to get a good understanding of their powers, and limitations if any.

I'd especially be interested in seeing how the "lights" intereact with the New X-Men and other students, seeing they're the real deal. Because right now, we don't know if Hope's mutants are real mutants, or engineered mutants via Hope's powers.

Skaddix
09-22-2010, 12:46 PM
That is fine but the question remains who will Generation Hope be fighting, I mean most of the x-rogues have already been taken out. She is going to need more lights to turn for this to be interesting.

ProfeZZor X
09-22-2010, 02:18 PM
That is fine but the question remains who will Generation Hope be fighting, I mean most of the x-rogues have already been taken out. She is going to need more lights to turn for this to be interesting.

Power Pack had their own book for some time. Same goes for the Runaways, and a number of youth oriented characters. So I don't see how Generation Hope couldn't work.

In terms of who they'll be fighting on a regular basis, I really don't care at this point. They can train for all I care. That'll take care of some of the action sequences. In between that time, we could get to know them.

The_Greatest_Username
10-13-2010, 05:06 AM
I like this character already.......
but I'm not really a fan of a her outfit, maybe it'll look a little bit more appropriate on panel

ProfeZZor X
10-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Looks like my images of Idie on her first mission were deleted... Then again, if CBR posted them, why can't I?

yanapryde
10-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Looks like my images of Idie on her first mission were deleted... Then again, if CBR posted them, why can't I?

As I understand it, there is a limit on the number of pages we can post in threads or something.
I'm assuming you exceeded that limit.

Prodigy55
10-13-2010, 11:25 AM
So what. He posted 4 pages of a 9 page free preview. Mod tyranny...

ProfeZZor X
10-13-2010, 11:43 AM
So what. He posted 4 pages of a 9 page free preview. Mod tyranny...

That's exactly what I did...

JAM, care to elaborate?

Chase_Stein
10-14-2010, 12:14 AM
This girl needs to step up and forget all about AFRICA. She needs to kick Hope off her pedestal and lead the team with her co-leader <3 Kenji <3.

Skaddix
10-14-2010, 12:25 AM
When did her update to fourteen occur? Did she take a trip with Gabriel to age herself two years or something. This is great that slutty outfit is now marginally more appropriate and will no doubt have Colossus salivating.

Skaddix
10-14-2010, 12:27 AM
This girl needs to step up and forget all about AFRICA. She needs to kick Hope off her pedestal and lead the team with her co-leader <3 Kenji <3.

I agree still they will have to strike hard with their coup and take out Laurie quickly. They need to take Hope down with a blitz before she can use her voice of command to force them into submission.

Also, I am still impressed that marvel managed to find in actual country in Africa.

Skaddix
10-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Yes, Idie is beating Laurie in posts.

Chase_Stein
10-14-2010, 12:33 AM
I agree still they will have to strike hard with their coup and take out Laurie quickly.

Laurie already has been marked by Teon as prospective sashimi. He can take care of her like a cat playing with a goldfish stuck in a bowl.

They need to take Hope down with a blitz before she can use her voice of command to force them into submission.

They can use their speedster muchacho, Gabriel, to bring her down.

Skaddix
10-14-2010, 12:44 AM
Laurie already has been marked by Teon as prospective sashimi. He can take care of her like a cat playing with a goldfish stuck in a bowl.

They can use their speedster muchacho, Gabriel, to bring her down.

Good points, I assume Gabriel would be pretty annoyed that Hope has severely reduced his life expectancy.

Home made ectoplasm
10-14-2010, 12:47 AM

JAM, care to elaborate?

wasn't me

When did her update to fourteen occur? Did she take a trip with Gabriel to age herself two years or something. This is great that slutty outfit is now marginally more appropriate and will no doubt have Colossus salivating.

Storm was wrong.

Skaddix
10-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Storm was wrong.

Not really she definitely looks twelve in Uncanny, she no were near Hope's height but in the preview she is roughly the same height as Hope. Idie just won the award for quickest retcon ever unless Gabriel aged her.

Chase_Stein
10-14-2010, 12:58 AM
Idie just won the award for quickest retcon ever unless Gabriel aged her.

Gabby probably likes her. <3

Home made ectoplasm
10-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Not really she definitely looks twelve in Uncanny, she no were near Hope's height but in the preview she is roughly the same height as Hope. Idie just won the award for quickest retcon ever unless Gabriel aged her.

She definitely looks 12? What does this even mean? All artists draw characters different. The Author (Gillen) has said Idie was always meant to be 14, Storm's line was an error.

Skaddix
10-14-2010, 01:14 AM
She definitely looks 12? What does this even mean? All artists draw characters different. The Author (Gillen) has said Idie was always meant to be 14, Storm's line was an error.

She looks younger and she is noticeably shorter in Uncanny then she is in the preview so yeah she looks closer to twelve in uncanny then she does to fourteen. By the way, how old is Hope suppose to be these days? 18? 16?

Home made ectoplasm
10-14-2010, 01:59 AM
Skaddix, you are a fun poster but I am not getting into a nonsense argument with you, I have to go to work.

beserkerclaw
10-14-2010, 02:05 AM
Hope is 17 and im glad that ide is 14

Skaddix
10-14-2010, 02:08 AM
Hope is 17 and im glad that ide is 14

So am I, but i will be happier if the lights start showing less Hope worship and dump their obedience chips.

beserkerclaw
10-14-2010, 02:23 AM
Yeah that bugs me too

yanapryde
10-14-2010, 06:14 AM

As I understand it, we're all more or less accepting that Storm was misinformed by whomever told her of Idie's dire situation. Which, honestly, adds a tiny touch of realism to the story.
In panicked situations I'd guess that facts would become skewed.
Hell, I exaggerate ages all the time. Anyone under 25 I refer to as 12. Storm and I must have that in common.

The writer for Generation Hope previously stated that the youngest of the lights would be 14.
I believe most readers are now accepting this as confirmation, although it hadn't happened on panel.:smile:

XaviersMisprint
10-14-2010, 06:24 AM
So am I, but i will be happier if the lights start showing less Hope worship and dump their obedience chips.

This is only JUST happening, its not like this is something thats dragged on for two years. In their time, maybe two days.

I still love and worship all of my new college friends, and I've known them for a month and a half.

yanapryde
10-14-2010, 06:29 AM
This is only JUST happening, its not like this is something thats dragged on for two years. In their time, maybe two days.

I still love and worship all of my new college friends, and I've known them for a month and a half.

worship? really?

Imraith Nimphais
10-14-2010, 07:02 AM
As I understand it, we're all more or less accepting that Storm was misinformed by whomever told her of Idie's dire situation. Which, honestly, adds a tiny touch of realism to the story.
In panicked situations I'd guess that facts would become skewed.
Hell, I exaggerate ages all the time. Anyone under 25 I refer to as 12. Storm and I must have that in common.

The writer for Generation Hope previously stated that the youngest of the lights would be 14.
I believe most readers are now accepting this as confirmation, although it hadn't happened on panel.:smile:

As much pleasure as those "Storm was wrong" people seem to extract out of said proclimation...the fact of the matter is simply that "writer" of that book needs to start getting his facts straight especially if he's going to be collaborating with Gillen.

yanapryde
10-14-2010, 07:04 AM
As much pleasure as those "Storm was wrong" people seem to extract out of said proclimation...the fact of the matter is simply that "writer" of that book needs to start getting his facts straight especially if he's going to be collaborating with Gillen.

I'm not in the "Storm was Wrong" camp.
I am however in support that she may have been provided the wrong information. And I'm okay with that.
Its not her fault.
And really....it doesn't matter what Idie's age is, in regard to Storm wanting to protect her.

Imraith Nimphais
10-14-2010, 07:13 AM
I apologise, Yana, I did not mean to lump you in with that group, that was certainly not my intent. I agree with you on the misinformation part. The person who was misinformed, probably because he did not care to read the "character brief" was the writer.

yanapryde
10-14-2010, 07:15 AM
I apologise, Yana, I did not mean to lump you in with that group, that was certainly not my intent. I agree with you on the misinformation part. The person who was misinformed, probably because he did not care to read the "character brief" was the writer.

No worries at all Imraith.
Viva la Storm!!

I look forward to futher self loathing from Idie. :smile:

Imraith Nimphais
10-14-2010, 07:25 AM
No worries at all Imraith.
Viva la Storm!!

I look forward to futher self loathing from Idie. :smile:

UGH! LOL...I'm not...that one page was almost enough to make me not want to buy the book. I'm still giving it a shot though...but (and I know this is an appreciation thread) so far I am loathing Idie...so I will take my leave of this thread now, before I am stoned to death...:biggrin:

Cayman
10-14-2010, 07:42 AM

JAM, care to elaborate?

X-Forum Scans rules (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showpost.php?p=11855370&postcount=7)

If you want people to read the whole preview, post the link to its page rather than full scans.

Ex_
10-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Things Fall Apart was a great book.

ReturnOfTheComeback
10-14-2010, 08:01 AM
LITTLE BROWN GIRLS ARE THE BEST :wink:

XaviersMisprint
10-14-2010, 09:00 AM
worship? really?

Sure. New friends are exciting. All I ever do is talk about how awesome they are and tell everyone they need to meet them.

Hope's their cool new friend who's a few years older who will be able to buy for them in a few years. She's the illest.

ProfeZZor X
10-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Good points, I assume Gabriel would be pretty annoyed that Hope has severely reduced his life expectancy.

Actually, I'm really not understanding the physics behind him aging while using his powers, when it should be the other way around. Einstein's rule of physics state that if an object is travelling at the speed of light, everything else will age more rapidly than the object travelling at that speed...

And with that said, why doesn't Northstar age in the same manner. Marvel or Gillem really needs to explain this.

ProfeZZor X
10-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Woo Hoo... Idie's first official mission:

Link to article: http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=2579

XaviersMisprint
10-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Actually, I'm really not understanding the physics behind him aging while using his powers, when it should be the other way around. Einstein's rule of physics state that if an object is travelling at the speed of light, everything else will age more rapidly than the object travelling at that speed...

And with that said, why doesn't Northstar age in the same manner. Marvel or Gillem really needs to explain this.

Because they have different powers. They aren't the same character.

Chase_Stein
10-14-2010, 09:13 AM
LOL Profezzor, such a rebel.

ProfeZZor X
10-14-2010, 09:29 AM
LOL Profezzor, such a rebel.

No one really "requested" the images. I posted them on my own. But in order to abide by the "rules", I'll just post the link. It just sucks that we can post pictures of the characters we admire and talk about.

I mean really, what's the difference when an advance preview comes out and someone uses that image for their avatar? Isn't that spoilery too? Kind of like when Bobby slept with Mystique, and I used it as my avatar... Pissed off a lot of people, but it still goes on around here.

Washout
10-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Sure. New friends are exciting. All I ever do is talk about how awesome they are and tell everyone they need to meet them.

Hope's their cool new friend who's a few years older who will be able to buy for them in a few years. She's the illest.

LoLo the Blue Wonder is nineteen though, so she's older than Hope.

Chase_Stein
10-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Profezzor, should Idie take Hope's place as Gen H's leader and fulfill her destiny as NuStorm? Or, should Idie take a short cut and go straight for THE ARENA?

ProfeZZor X
10-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Profezzor, should Idie take Hope's place as Gen H's leader and fulfill her destiny as NuStorm? Or, should Idie take a short cut and go straight for THE ARENA?

It's quite clear that Idie's a powerful mutant with a lot of potential. That's something Storm should have relayed to Scott immediately, so he could have Magma and Iceman train her back on Utopia. That would have made the most sense, rather than send these kids on a possible suicide mission to somewhere they're not familiar with, let alone not even familiar with their own powers... This issue has Giant Sized written all over it. Only with less experienced and younger characters... It's just a matter of which one will die first.

MartinRedmond
10-14-2010, 09:47 AM
The first thing Storm tried to do was murder Idie and pass it off as an "accident", I think Ororo thinks there can only be one queen ro.

ProfeZZor X
10-14-2010, 09:54 AM
The first thing Storm tried to do was murder Idie and pass it off as an "accident", I think Ororo thinks there can only be one queen ro.

The better thing to do is for Storm to take Idie under her wing, and groom her as the next queen of Africa. Both her and BP have their own problems as it is, managing their nation... Time for some new blood.

ProfeZZor X
10-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Will the hijacker that edited this thread's title please step forward and provide proof or a link that states "She's 14"... After all, if I get banned a couple of hours AFTER I took down the pictures, the least the person that tweaked this thread title while I was away can step forward and say who they are, and how they came to this conclusion... And I can change the information in my original post to reflect this new information (and proof) :mad:

fortyseven
10-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Will the hijacker that edited this thread's title please step forward and provide proof or a link that states "She's 14"... After all, if I get banned a couple of hours AFTER I took down the pictures, the least the person that tweaked this thread title while I was away can step forward and say who they are, and how they came to this conclusion... And I can change the information in my original post to reflect this new information (and proof) :mad:

Gillen said she was 14. I'll find the link.
EDIT: It was on his website. Here (http://www.kierongillen.com/) you go.

Skaddix
10-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Gillen said she was 14. I'll find the link.
EDIT: It was on his website. Here (http://www.kierongillen.com/) you go.

That's great hopefully she will be drawn that way. And I still hate that ugly whore costume on the cover of Generation Hope which is now slightly more appropriate but her Hope worship is now more disturbing.

ohsnapulon5000
10-15-2010, 10:17 PM
That's great hopefully she will be drawn that way. And I still hate that ugly whore costume on the cover of Generation Hope which is now slightly more appropriate but her Hope worship is now more disturbing.

Yeah Idie was raised in what can be assumed is a war torn African nation whose parents are out of the picture from the get go. Her kissing the ass of this little red Mutant Dracula makes little sense.

ProfeZZor X
10-15-2010, 10:18 PM

She didn't display that behavior before, so I wonder what happened to her. I wonder if it was Hope's touch that did it. It's just a bit disturbing that the X-Men or Hope don't seem to care, or be concerned why these 5 lights are mesmerized by her, now that she's touched them. I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it at some point, but right now it just seems like Hope is using their vulnerability and mental servitude as her puppets... And everyone is okay with this.

Skaddix
10-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah Idie was raised in what can be assumed is a war torn African nation whose parents are out of the picture from the get go. Her kissing the ass of this little red Mutant Dracula makes little sense.

Exactly, also Hope should be having a much more HBIC kickass attitude then she does in the preview. Also Nigeria is not exactly war torn, yor fine as long as your not in the heavy oil producing areas.

Skaddix
10-15-2010, 10:22 PM
She didn't display that behavior before, so I wonder what happened to her. I wonder if it was Hope's touch that did it. It's just a bit disturbing that the X-Men or Hope don't seem to care, or be concerned why these 5 lights are mesmerized by her, now that she's touched them. I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it at some point, but right now it just seems like Hope is using their vulnerability and mental servitude as her puppets... And everyone is okay with this.

Scott probably loves it and wishes he had troops like that. He probably thinks it great that Hope has troops that will take attacks for her. Still yeah the X-men should be more concerned, Hope is basically starting to look like a cult leader with a touch ritual that starts instant indoctrination.

ProfeZZor X
10-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Scott probably loves it and wishes he had troops like that. He probably things it great that Hope has troops that will take attacks for her. Still yeah the X-men should be more concerned, Hope is basically starting to look like a cult leader with a touch ritual that starts instant indoctrination.

He had Emma turn Bobby's powers back on once, as well as use her as a mental megaphone to every mutant on the planet... It wouldn't go past me if he's used her to manipulate someone else for his own selfish needs.

ProfeZZor X
08-03-2011, 08:23 AM
I wonder which side Idie will end up joining. My guess is Wolverine's side, but then again she may end up following Hope's choice due to her mental attachment to her.

billee0918
11-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Loving Oya in WATXM!

PaxHouse
11-27-2011, 09:45 AM
I wonder which side Idie will end up joining. My guess is Wolverine's side, but then again she may end up following Hope's choice due to her mental attachment to her.

You're correct about her being on Logan's side, but this decision was made by both him & Cyclops (with Hope's reluntance).

And you can see Idie over within the WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN Series.

.AČ
01-11-2012, 08:41 AM
I had to bump this thread to talk about how great Idie's tweets (https://twitter.com/#!/idie_okonkwo) are today. I realise it'll no doubt end up being annoying and one-note, but for now this is hilarious:

#unforgettablefeelings Burning the flesh from a murderous anti-mutant captor while freezing his fellow solid.

#NoMatterWhatImGonna be a monster, so I might as well accept it. :)

I am hoping that by putting a "smile" at the end of my "tweets" people will see that I am comfortable being an abomination. :)

ProfeZZor X
02-09-2014, 11:23 AM
It's been a couple of years now since Idie's had some CBR love in this appreciation thread... I wonder why.

Phoenix Egg
02-09-2014, 11:30 AM
It's been a couple of years now since Idie's had some CBR love in this appreciation thread... I wonder why.

Aaron didn't really bring out her shine. I am confident that Latour will have us talking about her.

Supernature
02-09-2014, 11:32 AM

The current X-writers turned her into a one-trick-pony.

ProfeZZor X
02-09-2014, 04:24 PM
The current X-writers turned her into a one-trick-pony.

She does seem a bit light hearted these days for such a dark and brooding character. I think they crossed the line when they had her put on that Black Queen costume and thought it was appropriate for a 14 year old to dress that way.

Icefanatic
02-10-2014, 12:23 AM
She does seem a bit light hearted these days for such a dark and brooding character. I think they crossed the line when they had her put on that Black Queen costume and thought it was appropriate for a 14 year old to dress that way.

True. It also doesn't help that they frequently just have her muttering in the background about being a monster. Like with Warbird where about all you see her do is make unwanted advances on Iceman. Issue after issue where all you get of a character is that, people lose interest. Warbird at least got better treatment and development in Astonishing, Oya's been stuck in W&tXM. I think some people were hoping for a romance with Broo, but instead they seem to be putting her with Quire, who's not only age-inappropriate, but mostly an ass.

She reminds me a bit of Rahne from early in her New Mutants days, when she was kind of self-hatting and seeing her mutation as making her a monster. The difference was Claremont made Rahne a three-dimensional person, and Aaron has sadly mostly made Oya into a caricature. Actually, it would probably be a good idea to put her and Rahne together at some point, help her with some of that self-hatred. Maybe with the new writer...