PDA

View Full Version : Milk and Tea: Petra & Sway Appreciation

Chase_Stein
09-18-2010, 01:40 AM
Unlike most of the spoonfed mutants in Utopia right now, both Petra and Suzanne Chan had to deal with the manifestation of their powers alone in the midst of TRAGEDY. This is an appreciation thread for X-men's original Milk and Tea (alternatively Salt and Pepper) BFF's, PETRA AND SWAY!

I. SWAY aka Suzanne Chan
Let's start with X-men's FIRST EVER Azn mutant. Yay! (because Sage is European)

Suzanne Chan was born in Cali to naturalized Hong Kongese, David and Emily Chan. She had a pretty normal life and was about to enter Barnard College in New York when tragedy struck. During a trip in New York's Chinatown with her parents, Suzanne discovered that she has the inherent ability to stop time but she discovered it a fraction later after her parents were caught in a cross fire between China town's gangs. While this may be the case, Suzanne didn't know what just happened. She just knew that she stopped bullets and that "whatever she'd done, it hadn't lasted long, and it didn't saved her parents." *a million sad faces*

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/Chase_Stein/Sway.jpg
Azn posing while her powers manifested! <3

While the police tried to help her, none of them were competent to make China town's Azn community speak about their gangs. Left to fend for herself, Suzanne Chan's natural detective instincts started to kick in. With no help from the police AT ALL, Suzanne Chan decided to solve the case by herself. While pondering on her fate, another set of her powers began to manifest. At the crime scene, Suzanne found out that she could see phantom images of the past. She began to see how her parents were killed and where the perpetrators went.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/Chase_Stein/Swayd_01.jpg
Is Suzanne Chan Marvel's best detective or what?

Instead of being traumatized, Suzanne (being such a HBIC) decide to chase after the phantom image of the gang's car. While chasing after the car, "she passed other ghosts, other moments in time on these streets, and she began to understand what was happening. Somehow she held ~ SWAY ~ over time." In the process, she learned to rewind and slow down the images until ultimately, she found where the gang was having one of their ORIENTAL parties. Instead of taking matters into her own hands, she decided to call the police to make a point.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/Chase_Stein/Phantoms.jpg
Ghost Detective, Suzanne > Ghost Whisperer fattie

During the confrontation between the police and the gang, Suzanne stopped time once again. When questioned about what happened, she simply answered, while giving the gang a stink eye, that she won't have anymore of the gang's BS! Such a HBIC! <3

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/Chase_Stein/Swayd_02.jpg

Then, Moira found her and trained her for a suicide mission. Och! The best thing about being found by Moira was that she got a PG cleavage costume. The rest are too much of an abomination to mention.

FUN FACTS ABOUT SWAY!:

If it wasn't for Moira and Professor X's training, Suzanne was going to have an illustrious career as an American Apparel model while juggling a career as New York's number one premier detective. Naturally, Madrox would probably hate her HBIC guts and superior talent.

In a cut scene, Banshee found in Moira's notes that Sway was ~ FIERCE ~ in training.

There are FACTUAL studies that suggest that during the battle with Krakoa, she time traveled back in time with Petra to save themselves from being killed by Krakoa. Their teammates were just too stupid to notice. They're currently with Marie Antoinette (aka Mary Anne) in 18th century France. Her title is the royal oriental.

Chase_Stein
09-18-2010, 01:48 AM
II. PETRA aka PETRA
In grand Claremont fashion, it's now Petra's TURN!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/Chase_Stein/Petrastreetsmurt.jpg
Petra during her street smurt phase

Like Suzanne Chan, Petra was born in America to a family that immigrated from another country. This time it was Denmark. However, unlike Suzanne Chan, Petra wasn't given a surname. So, let's appreciate Petra and choose a surname for her from this database of 1000 Danish surnames (http:/http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~dnkcen/FAQ/1000surnames.html/). Vognsen, Brandstrup, Grnhj, and Blaabjerg are my top picks! What are yours?

Anyway, Petra's powers began to manifest while she was on a hiking trip with her family. During the hiking trip, a rockslide occurred. Her family was killed by the boulders. According to young Petra, 13 y.o.then, the entire mountainside was at her command which is why she didn't get injured. After the tragedy, she was forced to live in a foster home, share bedroom with five kids, and live under the supervision of terrible foster parents.

As described, the wife was old and bitter and smoked all the time. While her husband was nicer, he needily touched her a lot...

And, indeed, during a trip with her foster family in Central Park, the creep of a husband tried to "touch" her. Out of fear, she attacked him with SOIL! but at the same time, the creep called her a "...mutant..." She ran away and cried because for the first time she began to realize that she probably killed her family or at the very least, she could have saved them.

She cried a lot that day but eventually, she got her sh*t together because she had to. While living in Central Park, Petra learned to make her own lair/ cave which she used as a way to hide from freedom hating policemen who arrests nature loving people like her. What's special about her lair was that she could close it and open it by herself because it was made of ROCKS!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/Chase_Stein/Architect.jpg
Petra's LAIR

However, as a runaway, life wasn't ideal. Petra panhandled, dumpster-dove, and stole (such a true hobo! <3). But unlike angry street punx in New York, Petra didn't do drugs! At the age of sixteen, she learned to transform sh*t into diamond, like Emma Frost. After the discovery, she sold the diamond, got into a motel, rented a room for an hour, and had her first shower in two years. <3 Such a success story!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/Chase_Stein/Diamondpoop.jpg

But in the end, her trick made some freedom hating clerk call the police. They caught her, she was imprisoned, Moira found her, and trained her for a suicide mission. Her costume included a diamond necklace.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/Chase_Stein/Petrasdownfall.jpg
Petra Fails

FUN FACTS about PETRA:

She loves to accessorize. Her fave is her diamond bl!ng necklace. She wore it during her first and last mission

Her rock architecture rivals Frank Lloyd Wright's achievements in architecture.

She's currently alive with Sway living the life wih Mary Anne in 18th century France. She's currently the royal appraiser.

Chase_Stein
09-18-2010, 01:51 AM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/Chase_Stein/HOTT.jpg

How to properly appreciate Petra and Sway:
1. Talk about their dreams and their future as X-men
2. Talk about how they will come back/ survived. (i.e. time travel, Petra's connected with mother Earth etc.)
3. Talk about their relationship with one another. (BFFS, Frenemies, Shopping, Open-minded about their sexuality)
4. Talking highly of the following characters, Charles Xavier, Moira MacTaggert, Darwin, Gabby Summers) is HIGHLY DISCOURAGED.
5. Talk about Petra's surname and her accessories.
6. Talk about Sway's career as a detective. Is she Marvel's answer to lipstick lez, Kathy Kane?
7. POST fan art and other appearances!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/Chase_Stein/Swaypowers.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/Chase_Stein/Petrapowers.jpg

SAMPLE FAN ART
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/Chase_Stein/SPcostumeedited.jpg

jeansbff
09-18-2010, 01:59 AM
Sway and petra would have made great x-women. Hopefully we'll see them during the x-men chaos war storyline. I don't think they appeared in necrosha, did they? Its pretty unfair that both of the guys made their comebacks while the girls are still dead. Sway and petra were way cooler than vulcan and darwin.

tornshattered
09-18-2010, 02:15 AM
<3 the thread!! I agree with jeansbff. The decision to kill the girls, but leave the guys alive was purely chauvinistic.

Chase_Stein
09-18-2010, 02:17 AM
I don't think they appeared in necrosha, did they?

They're not dead, jeansbff.

Sway and petra were way cooler than vulcan and darwin.

Vulcan and Darwin have terrible bed wetting and daddy issues.

jeansbff
09-18-2010, 02:24 AM
They're not dead, jeansbff.

Sway and petra are very much dead. Sound as a pound in the ground. We can mourn them in this thread.

antidote5
09-18-2010, 02:33 AM
This thread is made of awesome.

Chase_Stein
09-18-2010, 02:39 AM
Sway and petra are very much dead. Sound as a pound in the ground. We can mourn them in this thread.

I refuse.

Get your Darwin whoring self away from this thread! Post here instead. (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=194982)

jeansbff
09-18-2010, 02:47 AM
I refuse.

Get your Darwin whoring self away from this thread! Post here instead. (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=194982)

I dislike darwin and vulcan and i ain't no "darwin whore". I prefer sway and petra. I was just merely mentioning the fact that they are dead characters. If it helps...they may be resurrected in the future... :redface:

Luck911
09-18-2010, 04:13 AM
Sway and petra would have made great x-women. Hopefully we'll see them during the x-men chaos war storyline. I don't think they appeared in necrosha, did they? Its pretty unfair that both of the guys made their comebacks while the girls are still dead. Sway and petra were way cooler than vulcan and darwin.

Vulcan and Darwin where more important to the story so they lived and the writers where trying to maintain some tragedy so somebody had to stay dead,All four surviving does not make for the intended Professor X screw up so badly.

I don't know if i would say they where cooler but Sway and Petra have powers that no current X-men have and Hong Kong and Denmark represent some thing different too which was a good thing for example i think Gen H already a speedster and somebody controls fire and ice powers that have been done to death in comics.

Chase_Stein
09-18-2010, 04:24 AM
and the writers where trying to maintain some tragedy so somebody had to stay dead,All four surviving does not make for the intended Professor X screw up so badly.

Professor used them and forgot about them after they saved Scott Summers. He screwed up. The real tragedy here is that Petra and Sway saved Darwin and Gabriel from their imminent deaths. The X-men and the Marvel universe would be better off without those two.

I don't know if i would say they where cooler but Sway and Petra have powers that no current X-men have and Hong Kong and Denmark represent some thing different too which was a good thing for example i think Gen H already a speedster and somebody controls fire and ice powers that have been done to death in comics.

Don't fret. Petra and Sway are already on their way to the present from their time traveling escapades.

Mind_Witch
09-18-2010, 04:37 AM
I appreciate Sway. Less so Petra, although neither were particularly fleshed out characters. Interesting powersets however.

Chase_Stein
09-18-2010, 04:41 AM
I appreciate Sway. Less so Petra, although neither were particularly fleshed out characters. Interesting powersets however.

Ed Brubaker was all ready to develop a Gotham Central type of book for Sway but Marvel decided that they needed another Lifeguard in the X-men. It's really unfortunate that they chose Lifeguard 2.0 over Suzanne Chan.

Brian M.
09-18-2010, 05:01 AM
You know I actually really liked this team quite a bit.

Havok83
09-18-2010, 05:03 AM
Best characters who died before we got a chance to know them. What a waste

tornshattered
09-18-2010, 05:29 AM
Both of them showed more personality in 12 pages than Hope showed in three years.

jeansbff
09-18-2010, 05:33 AM
Both of them showed more personality in 12 pages than Hope showed in three years.

Totally agree with you.

Brian M.
09-18-2010, 06:26 AM

Clearly you didn't read the Cable series. What a shame, you really missed out on a gem.

infernohara
09-18-2010, 07:02 AM
Awesome thread, Chase! I love Petra and Sway and thought that they would be great additions to the X-men because they were ORIGINAL (EXCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES) and smexy. Just look at Petra outdoing Jean in the Marvel girl outfit in that picture. She would've been that "other" girl that would have trolled Jean (I can just feel it) and eventually Emma Frost.

Sway the FIRST azn in the X-men would've become a leader much like Storm and Cyclops. Her detective skills would have her staelthily getting the drop on her foes. I miss both these women.

I actually like the whole team and wondered what it would be like with a WHAT IF book featuring Sway's team and Jean's team along with Polaris and Havok.

Chase_Stein
09-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Just look at Petra outdoing Jean in the Marvel girl outfit in that picture. She would've been that "other" girl that would have trolled Jean (I can just feel it) and eventually Emma Frost.

Petra is fashion savvy when it comes to accessories but Sway's classic Asian/ AA beauty is much more to my tastes. But I agree, Petra would have laughed at Jean's frumpy 90's ensemble.

Sway the FIRST azn in the X-men would've become a leader much like Storm and Cyclops. Her detective skills would have her staelthily getting the drop on her foes. I miss both these women.

Sorry but Sage is part of the 06. She's the first Asian X-man. And, again I agree, Suzanne is an exceptional detective. She would have beaten Dakota North and Madrox's agency in terms of cases solved.

I actually like the whole team.

I liked Vulcan before he went and had his Omega tantrum in Marvel's space-verse. Darwin is just disgustingly racist.

infernohara
09-18-2010, 07:21 AM
Why do you say Sage is azn? I thought she was just a regular European girl?

Nobody has ever drawn Sage azn and when she became Diana Fox (mmmmmmm) she looked like your average caucasian woman.

Perfection/Emma 2
09-18-2010, 07:25 AM
Long live Petra and Sway.

Chase_Stein
09-18-2010, 07:25 AM
Why do you say Sage is azn? I thought she was just a regular European girl?

Nobody has ever drawn Sage azn and when she became Diana Fox (mmmmmmm) she looked like your average caucasian woman.

She's probably from Eastern Europe if she's European but Professor X (UGH) found her in Afghanistan, which makes her most probably Asian.

Seccruz
09-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Best characters who died before we got a chance to know them. What a waste

Totally agree with you, Havok83. They were both very compelling characters.
I hope we get to see them in the Chaos War: X-Men story...

Psycwave
09-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Petra and Sway were amazing. I actually loved that entire team of lost X-men I would love if they came back together.

Seccruz
09-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Petra and Sway were amazing. I actually loved that entire team of lost X-men I would love if they came back together.

Maybe trying to redeem Vulcan? Now there's something I'd like to see...

jeansbff
09-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Maybe trying to redeem Vulcan? Now there's something I'd like to see...

They should have been the ones to kill him... :frown:

Count Yoda
09-18-2010, 10:48 AM

Clearly you didn't read the Cable series. What a shame, you really missed out on a gem.

Just need to echo Brian M.'s statment in this situation.

Anyways, I do hope that Petra and Sway show up in the Dead X-men thing.

Aguja
09-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Petra is fashion savvy when it comes to accessories but Sway's classic Asian/ AA beauty is much more to my tastes. But I agree, Petra would have laughed at Jean's frumpy 90's ensemble.

Petra is a lady and she would not dare cop an attitude with the first lady of the X-Men.

But I adored Petra and to a lesser extent Sway. Clearly the wrong two characters on that team were brought back.

I wonder if Petra would be able to control Emma when Emma turns diamond?

Also Sway needs to comeback and tell Jubilee and Surge and Armor to GTFO as she is the premier Asian mutant.

FiddleFaddle
09-18-2010, 03:46 PM
"MILK AND TEA"

Genius!

Also Jennifer Love Hewwit is not fat!

Seresecros
09-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Sage is from Wales.

M.I.Brooks
09-18-2010, 04:08 PM
I wonder if Darwin feels any survivors remorse about their deaths and if so if we'll see it mentioned at all in X-Factor.

I haven't read anything with the girls in it, but I like them already.

Quinnhop
09-18-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm happy everyone else wants to see them make out as much as I do.

Prodigy55
09-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Sway♥

http://asianposes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/2010-Pose-Challenge.jpg

The Black Guardian
09-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Well, I can certainly pretend to like tea for a good cause like Sway.

Perfection/Emma 2
09-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Petra is a lady and she would not dare cop an attitude with the first lady of the X-Men.

But I adored Petra and to a lesser extent Sway. Clearly the wrong two characters on that team were brought back.

Also Sway needs to comeback and tell Jubilee and Surge and Armor to GTFO as she is the premier Asian mutant.

Can't they all just get along.

Psycwave
09-18-2010, 06:25 PM
If Petra and Sway are "milk and tea" does that make Darwin and Vulcan the honey and sugar?

M.I.Brooks
09-18-2010, 06:27 PM
If Petra and Sway are "milk and tea" does that make Darwin and Vulcan the honey and sugar?
Darwin can be my honey any day.

Dani Justice
09-18-2010, 07:22 PM
I dont understand how they continue to spit out shitty new characters when they have amazing ones like Petra and Sway who SERIOUSLY need to be brought back with their own ongoing.

Chase_Stein
09-18-2010, 07:30 PM

Petra is more first lady like with her STUNNING diamond necklaces. Jean's plastic accessories are cheap knock-offs. Dmod!

Of course Petra can. Emma is the EASIEST mutant to control. Astrid Bloom, the void, Jean Grey, Golgotha, and Cyclops have shown that she's one big puppet.

Sway should lead her TEAM X-AZN and make fun of Surge's unnatural blue hair. They should also bring X'ian and Indra as their muscles!

Sage is from Wales.

Accept the TRUTH. Psylocke's and Sage's Azn retcon made them superior.

I wonder if Darwin feels any survivors remorse about their deaths and if so if we'll see it mentioned at all in X-Factor.

He felt NOTHING. Darwin's a non-entity. He's more of a brick than BRICK.

Vulcan and Darwin should be categorized as Catsup and Mayo. GROSS condiments.

Skaddix
09-18-2010, 07:36 PM
True, Darwin felt nothing but with his power its hardly surprising, the guy cant even feel pain, his body will just adapt to it.

M.I.Brooks
09-18-2010, 07:37 PM
PHe felt NOTHING. Darwin's a non-entity. He's more of a brick than BRICK.
http://members.arstechnica.com/x/dramatic_reverb/family-guy-i-disagree-1.jpg

And yet I don't, funny that.

Chase_Stein
09-18-2010, 07:40 PM
True, Darwin felt nothing but with his power its hardly surprising, the guy cant even feel pain, his body will just adapt to it.

TRUE! <3

He has adapted to non-living constructs so well. That, at this point, he's more of a non-living entity than a living one.

Aguja
09-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Can't they all just get along.

Sadly no. There is limited space for minorities in comics. It's survival of the fittest.

Skaddix
09-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Sadly no. There is limited space for minorities in comics. It's survival of the fittest.

True, also having a strong power cannot save u from poor writing especially if your a male. Although its interesting that Sway bit the dust considering that Asian Females are the only group that tend to do well for themselves in x-comics.

Seresecros
09-19-2010, 04:34 AM
Sage is white, and tbh I'm finding this whole "convert characters to be 'azn'" thing highly troubling, Stein. First you try to assert that Hellion is Asian, and now Sage?!

tetragene
09-19-2010, 05:36 AM
2 characters that had a lot of potential. It's unfortunate that they were killed off while the other 2 less interesting characters turned out to be alive.

When reading the series when it first came out, you expected all of them to be/remain dead because well, obviously, these are 4 characters being added into previous X-history right before the Giant-Size team. But it was a huge disappointment for Sway & Petra to bite the dust to save Gary Stu & Lifeguard 2.0 :mad:

Chase_Stein
09-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Sage is white, and tbh I'm finding this whole "convert characters to be 'azn'" thing highly troubling, Stein. First you try to assert that Hellion is Asian, and now Sage?!

Sage is ASIAN. The fact that Professor found her in Afghanistan makes her more probably Asian than European.

tetragene
09-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Sage is ASIAN. The fact that Professor found her in Afghanistan makes her more probably Asian than European.

I think they established (probably in XXM, I dunno, I never read anything beside Storm The Arena) that she was born in Wales, but had somehow ended up in Afghanistan by the time she was a young child (& met Xavier)

fortyseven
09-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Hellion is not Asian either. He's clearly Italian.
Evidence:
1. He's hotheaded and doesn't have fire-based powers like other hotheads (Sunfire).
2. It's ironic that Hellion no longer has his hands. He can no longer talk with them.

Justin K.
09-19-2010, 05:45 PM
I mildly enjoy Darwin, but this duo missed out. I loved them more than the guys of the team.

Seresecros
09-20-2010, 03:03 AM
Sage is white British, Hellion is white German. You can still like them though, Chase :smile:

Leirus
09-20-2010, 03:59 AM
Sage is white British, Hellion is white German. You can still like them though, Chase :smile:

Keller is german for Cellar, so he is probably at least part german american. But Sage said she was from a "war-thorn country" and she was in an slave in an harem. So I guess Wales has changed quite a lot since last time I was there...

Seresecros
09-20-2010, 04:17 AM
Keller is german for Cellar, so he is probably at least part german american. But Sage said she was from a "war-thorn country" and she was in an slave in an harem. So I guess Wales has changed quite a lot since last time I was there...

I really would've expected Hellion to throw a beer keller by now. Ah well.

Wales is thoroughly war-torn, Leirus :frown: I've seen their harems. It's not pretty.

SuperCooper
09-20-2010, 04:21 AM
My computer started slowing down as I was reading this thread, so I have a new found respect for Sway and her abilities. Also, could Petra come back and team up with Rockslide? Or maybe reform Onyxx?

Leirus
09-20-2010, 04:26 AM
I really would've expected Hellion to throw a beer keller by now. Ah well.

Wales is thoroughly war-torn, Leirus :frown: I've seen their harems. It's not pretty.

I heard about that shepardish guerrilla before. How sad...

Chase_Stein
09-20-2010, 04:36 AM
I mildly enjoy Darwin, but this duo missed out. I loved them more than the guys of the team.

I wish Moira was lez so she could have stopped herself from being horny for Charles.

I love both characters despite Hellion's 1/2 German. 1/4 Phoenix, and 1/4 Asian background. And your Welsh Sage theory needs more proof. I've read the entire XXM run and not once have I read that Sage is canon Welsh.

But Sage said she was from a "war-thorn country" and she was in an slave in an harem. So I guess Wales has changed quite a lot since last time I was there...

Exactly. Seresecros is being delusional.

My computer started slowing down as I was reading this thread, so I have a new found respect for Sway and her abilities.

I still wish Ed Brubaker gave her a chance. Ed Brubaker could have done wonders with a Sway noir mini/ ongoing. Jessica Jones, Madrox, and Dakota North are pathetic compared to her natural detective instincts.

Also, could Petra come back and team up with Rockslide? Or maybe reform Onyxx?

NO. Stop being gross. She'll turn them into sh*t.

SuperCooper
09-20-2010, 05:33 AM
NO. Stop being gross. She'll turn them into sh*t.

Hmm maybe you're right. Turning them into diamond would make for better profit though, and more stylish necklaces.

yanapryde
09-20-2010, 05:47 AM

Given most artists' inability to actually define any sort of asian characteristics FOR Asian characters, it could be argued that anyone with dark hair and dark eyes is Asian to some degree.

but yea, Mr.Stein is very very asian-centric.

chrissstopher
09-20-2010, 07:10 AM
True, also having a strong power cannot save u from poor writing especially if your a male. Although its interesting that Sway bit the dust considering that Asian Females are the only group that tend to do well for themselves in x-comics.

I was going to add virtually the same thing. The X-Men and affiliates tend to have far more female characters and male characters tend to die far more often. So, its actually kind of significant that Brubaker left Petra and Sway dead while bringing back Darwin and Vulcan.

But I do agree that Petra and Sway are far more compelling characters and I do hope they make an appearance in the Chaos War mini.

MartinRedmond
09-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Wow, they both have the most banal origin stories imaginable. 9____9

Prodigy55
09-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Hellion is soo azn.

Chase_Stein
09-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Wow, they both have the most banal origin stories imaginable. 9____9

Both of their origins haven't been established well. 9____9

Besides, Val D'Orazio might make their origins better like what she did with Emma.

Hellion is soo azn.

Totes!

AcesX1X
09-20-2010, 08:16 AM
excellent opening post, chase_stein. try not to let the riffraff juvenilize the thread with their usual silliness.

Chase_Stein
09-20-2010, 08:34 AM
excellent opening post, chase_stein. try not to let the riffraff juvenilize the thread with their usual silliness.

Thanks! I tried my best too keep it comprehensive.

skids
09-20-2010, 02:51 PM
at least one of them must to comeback,is so difficult???
Sway had time-space powers,maybe she is in a bubble time in Krakoa
Petra could be underground regeneration herself in Krakoa too
We only see a skeleton in Krakoa,the other one could be alive

Pixie_Solanas
09-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Ed Brubaker was all ready to develop a Gotham Central type of book for Sway .

An idea just so stupid, it would have probably kicked ass.

AcesX1X
09-20-2010, 02:54 PM
chase_stein, for archiving purposes, you should add that fiery death image of petra and sway from x-men legacy to the end of your OP.

Pixie_Solanas
09-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Besides, Val D'Orazio might make their origins better like what she did with Emma.

Totes!

Petra and Sway were/are too dumpy to play up her customary sexual exploitation angle .

jeansbff
09-20-2010, 02:57 PM
chase_stein, for archiving purposes, you should add that fiery death image of petra and sway from x-men legacy to the end of your OP.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11768/366175-141983-petra.jpg

Stagier
09-20-2010, 03:22 PM
darwin is fail and boring when compared to these two.

hopefully someone will creatively bring them back to the living.

maybe petra used her BL!NG necklace to create a diamond cocoon for her and sway and sway put them in stasis.
perhaps if alex, lorna and rachel were so incompetent they would be able to find them on the way back from shi'ar space.

who was the first asian xman?

AcesX1X
09-20-2010, 03:31 PM
who was the first asian xman?

sway was the first asian x-man, if you consider sunfire came after her.

Stagier
09-20-2010, 03:33 PM
stein states her as second, so i was just wondering...

AcesX1X
09-20-2010, 03:35 PM
stein states her as second, so i was just wondering...

he is trolling sage and her complex travel history.

Aguja
09-20-2010, 03:56 PM
LOL Sage is albino I don't think she has any Asian in her ancestry.

Thanks to the power of the retcon Sway is the first Asian X-Man. Poor Shiro shafted again.

Seresecros
09-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Sorry for riffraffing, Stein. I like Sway. I will <3 her for you.

Stagier
09-20-2010, 04:38 PM
was astra ever an xman? asian? or just dressed like one.

Mesmer
09-20-2010, 08:13 PM
I love this thread. I have always imagined Petra and Sway somewhere, it would be so cool to see them show up later!

Chase_Stein
09-20-2010, 08:13 PM
An idea just so stupid, it would have probably kicked ass.

Sway's has what it takes to lez-up, like Renee' and Kathy.

Conjectures about their death are not tolerated in this thread. (at least by me).

Petra and Sway were/are too dumpy to play up her customary sexual exploitation angle .

Petra and Sway are much better than Val D'O's brand of modern feminism anyway.

he is trolling sage and her complex travel history.

I wasn't trolling. I honestly thought that she was.

Master of Sound
09-21-2010, 01:37 AM
It is rumoured they might appear in the X-Men: Chaos War mini.

Skaddix
09-21-2010, 01:39 AM

What is your source?

Master of Sound
09-21-2010, 01:55 AM
What is your source?

A guy on the Dutch forum found that article. As said, it's a rumour, not confirmed yet.

Skaddix
09-21-2010, 01:56 AM
A guy on the Dutch forum found that article. As said, it's a rumour, not confirmed yet.

Wait, a dutch forum was it in English?

Chase_Stein
09-21-2010, 04:49 AM

Please provide a link to this rumor.